Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:09:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:50:55 PM

Would it be easy to port Spreadcoin to this: https://www.facebook.com/qmolelinux
I can't wait for the release of it.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:01:06 PM

For less than $200 - around $149 new or $90 on ebay - purchase an EVGA - Nvidia 750ti.  It is extremely low power comsumption and processes at about 1.5 mh/s not oc'd.

Thanks, I will check it out.

So how much power does it consume when running 100%?

I don't have a meter but I would say it is under 80 watts, probably more around 60 watts or less.

Just going off of what the card is rated.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:05:10 PM

For less than $200 - around $149 new or $90 on ebay - purchase an EVGA - Nvidia 750ti.  It is extremely low power comsumption and processes at about 1.5 mh/s not oc'd.

I don't have a meter but I would say it is under 80 watts, probably more around 60 watts or less.

What? This low!
So this probably means she doesn't even need extra power cable attached, right?
She'll draw what she needs from the PCI-E port, right?

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:09:49 PM

For less than $200 - around $149 new or $90 on ebay - purchase an EVGA - Nvidia 750ti.  It is extremely low power comsumption and processes at about 1.5 mh/s not oc'd.

What? This low!

Correct.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:12:26 PM

What? This low!

As stated above correct. But there are some cards that are made with a 6 pin power connector but I don't see a need for those as they are not much faster than the non powered ones.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:13:42 PM

What? This low!

Yes - correct.  I haven't seen anything over 60 watts max.  I actually run (10) of them off powered risers just to be safe I don't overload the motherboards but I don't think it is necessary for 1 or 2 cards.  When the GTX 980 comes down in price I will probably upgrade to them! :-)

SpinDash

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:21:01 PM

palit stormX 750Ti - 1720KH/s - best price/performance and coller than 65o
Mikolo

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:40:25 PM

How much profit can I make from 1 masternode?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 06:42:20 PM

So I'm guessing by the looks of the charts on Bittrex that we have found the new floor around 40k a SpreadCoin Smiley This is just the beginning folks Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:18:36 PM

That will depend upon variables such as:

1.  How many SPR Mr. Spread requires a masternode to have.
2.  What percentage of a block reward goes to masternodes versus miners.
3.  How many masternodes there are.
4.  How much you pay for your VPS.

At present, Darkcoin masternodes have an excellent ROI.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:28:51 PM

1.  How many SPR Mr. Spread requires a masternode to have.
2.  What percentage of a block reward goes to masternodes versus miners.
3.  How many masternodes there are.
4.  How much you pay for your VPS.

I'm sure that the ROI will be worth having the masternodes set up because Mr. Spread will make sure of that before he releases that information and I can assure you that this 40k a coin will not last long once he announces the updates and the information regarding this Smiley So until then I will continue picking up as much SpreadCoin as I can at these prices Smiley This one will be a game changer for sure Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:05:53 PM

Network hashrate nearly touching 5GH/s!

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:10:17 PM

Network hashrate nearly touching 5GH/s!

Does that mean that I should lower my buys then? Because more miners going to dump? or does anyone wanna dump some SpreadCoin to me? Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:24:51 PM

1.  How many SPR Mr. Spread requires a masternode to have.
2.  What percentage of a block reward goes to masternodes versus miners.
3.  How many masternodes there are.
4.  How much you pay for your VPS.

That's not entirely correct.  That all depends on the price which someone bought in at.  At one time DRK was almost ten times its current valuation.  People that bought in then are merely recovering some of their investment and are still underwater.  DRK was pumped to unsustainable levels.  I hope that doesn't happen to Spreadcoin but I am seeing the same thing that happened with Darkcoin happening in this thread and many of the same people that were adamant that Darkcoin would replace litecoin for the second spot have now moved to this coin.

I'm not convinced that masternodes are the right path forward.  They have an element of centralization about them.  If there was a way to limit how many nodes a single entity could operate that would negate much of the centralization factor.  But there isn't and it looks like a few entities will control the majority of masternodes if they are implemented.  Just like Darkcoin where there are 1800 masternodes but also people running dozens to over one hundred.  The same thing will happen with Spreadcoin.  The amount of masternodes is meaningless when there are several entities controlling a large percentage of them.    I also don't see the need for Spreadcoin to be an anonymous coin.  That's more of a niche market and not something for mass adoption.

I think reinforcing the solo mining aspect and ensuring that all miners are on an equal footing with mining software is more important to maintain the decentralization that this coin was touted as having in the beginning.  Currently there is a private optimized miner and a rush to implement masternodes that will only increase the centralization of this coin.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade and I was mining this coin in the beginning so I would benefit from a substantial increase in value.  But please lets not turn this into another pump and dump coin.  That only benefits a few and harms those that come in later when the value of their investment evaporates and people move onto another newer coin and repeat the process all over again.  From what I have been reading there are those that are trying to steer it down that path.

I'm not fudding I'm just voicing my concerns and opinion.  I have seen many coins come and go.  All hyped all dumped.  I started mining this coin because I have a distaste for pooled mining and this coin was solo mining only giving everyone a chance to mine coins.  Now some of what made this coin unique is being eroded due to private optimized miners and a rush towards centralized nodes.  I heard the same arguments in the Darkcoin thread about masternodes yet I haven't seen the mass adoption or increase in value that many claimed would happen.  Some of those making those claims are now in this thread making those same claims.  Those claims have not been met with Darkcoin so I don't see why it would be any different with Spreadcoin.  If masternodes are such a great thing then why not invest more in Darkcoin?  It already has "first mover" advantage, an established community, a team of devs, and a plan going forward that includes masternodes at the core.   So at this point I'm not convinced in the viability or need for another anonymous coin using masternodes.  Masternodes also take away from the miners.  So if you're a miner you lose while others get what was taken away for merely holding a certain amount of coins on a $7 a month VPS.  

I think MrSpread needs to make a decision on the future for this coin and let everyone know so they can either get on board or depart.  I'll most likely hang onto my coins either way but others might decide otherwise.  Emulating Darkcoin in my opinion is not the best path to take.  I will say it again though, making sure everyone is on equal footing with regards to mining software is much more important than rushing to setup a masternode network so a few large holders can setup as many as they can and just sit back collecting Spreadcoins.  I personally am in a position to setup many nodes so I am actually arguing against my own potential future profits.  It's just that I believe completely in decentralization and I see that slipping away.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:33:17 PM

shojayxt, if you look back on Darkcoin, I was a major early adopter.  I was also a major buyer until the first network fork.  At that point, I stopped buying.  When the second fork happened, I began selling.

It wasn't that the price increase for Darkcoin was unsustainable, it's that the fundamentals changed and the price drop was warranted.  To this day Dark still has that issue as it relies on reference nodes and as such, I am not a major buyer (I still own plenty of it though).

Masternodes are brilliant technology as long as they are actually decentralized and don't rely on reference nodes.  If Mr. Spread is indeed able to provide decentralized masternodes, not only does it open up a world of future functionality for Spreadcoin, but I strongly suspect that price action in SPR will look like early price action in Darkcoin... without the crash due to the forks and subsequent reference nodes.  In short, the fundamentals of SPR would be SUPERIOR to that of Darkcoin and everyone should be excited about that warrants.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:40:31 PM

That's not entirely correct.  That all depends on the price which someone bought in at.  At one time DRK was almost ten times its current valuation.  People that bought in then are merely recovering some of their investment and are still underwater.  DRK was pumped to unsustainable levels.  I hope that doesn't happen to Spreadcoin but I am seeing the same thing that happened with Darkcoin happening in this thread and many of the same people that were adamant that Darkcoin would replace litecoin for the second spot have now moved to this coin.

I'm not convinced that masternodes are the right path forward.  They have an element of centralization about them.  If there was a way to limit how many nodes a single entity could operate that would negate much of the centralization factor.  But there isn't and it looks like a few entities will control the majority of masternodes if they are implemented.  Just like Darkcoin where there are 1800 masternodes but also people running dozens to over one hundred.  The same thing will happen with Spreadcoin.  The amount of masternodes is meaningless when there are several entities controlling a large percentage of them.    I also don't see the need for Spreadcoin to be an anonymous coin.  That's more of a niche market and not something for mass adoption.

I think reinforcing the solo mining aspect and ensuring that all miners are on an equal footing with mining software is more important to maintain the decentralization that this coin was touted as having in the beginning.  Currently there is a private optimized miner and a rush to implement masternodes that will only increase the centralization of this coin.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade and I was mining this coin in the beginning so I would benefit from a substantial increase in value.  But please lets not turn this into another pump and dump coin.  That only benefits a few and harms those that come in later when the value of their investment evaporates and people move onto another newer coin and repeat the process all over again.  From what I have been reading there are those that are trying to steer it down that path.

I'm not fudding I'm just voicing my concerns and opinion.  I have seen many coins come and go.  All hyped all dumped.  I started mining this coin because I have a distaste for pooled mining and this coin was solo mining only giving everyone a chance to mine coins.  Now some of what made this coin unique is being eroded due to private optimized miners and a rush towards centralized nodes.  I heard the same arguments in the Darkcoin thread about masternodes yet I haven't seen the mass adoption or increase in value that many claimed would happen.  Some of those making those claims are now in this thread making those same claims.  Those claims have not been met with Darkcoin so I don't see why it would be any different with Spreadcoin.  If masternodes are such a great thing then why not invest more in Darkcoin?  It already has "first mover" advantage, an established community, a team of devs, and a plan going forward that includes masternodes at the core.   So at this point I'm not convinced in the viability or need for another anonymous coin using masternodes.  Masternodes also take away from the miners.  So if you're a miner you lose while others get what was taken away for merely holding a certain amount of coins on a $7 a month VPS.  

I think MrSpread needs to make a decision on the future for this coin and let everyone know so they can either get on board or depart.  I'll most likely hang onto my coins either way but others might decide otherwise.  Emulating Darkcoin in my opinion is not the best path to take.  I will say it again though, making sure everyone is on equal footing with regards to mining software is much more important than rushing to setup a masternode network so a few large holders can setup as many as they can and just sit back collecting Spreadcoins.  I personally am in a position to setup many nodes so I am actually arguing against my own potential future profits.  It's just that I believe completely in decentralization and I see that slipping away.
Well my friend if you have more than enough SpreadCoin to set up many Masternodes than maybe you wouldn't mind dumping some on the exchange and "SPREADING" the love to us people who can't mine this coin and are stuck buying them off the exchange Smiley Let me know what you think Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:34:02 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 10:59:50 PM by zeca pagodinho

If you can have several MN and this arguing that this is not a good one, then do the opposite of what most would do, and give the opportunity to others. So you help decentralization and strengthening the principles of currency (Spread the love).  Wink
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:38:16 PM

shojayxt, if you look back on Darkcoin, I was a major early adopter.  I was also a major buyer until the first network fork.  At that point, I stopped buying.  When the second fork happened, I began selling.

It wasn't that the price increase for Darkcoin was unsustainable, it's that the fundamentals changed and the price drop was warranted.  To this day Dark still has that issue as it relies on reference nodes and as such, I am not a major buyer (I still own plenty of it though).

Masternodes are brilliant technology as long as they are actually decentralized and don't rely on reference nodes.  If Mr. Spread is indeed able to provide decentralized masternodes, not only does it open up a world of future functionality for Spreadcoin, but I strongly suspect that price action in SPR will look like early price action in Darkcoin... without the crash due to the forks and subsequent reference nodes.  In short, the fundamentals of SPR would be SUPERIOR to that of Darkcoin and everyone should be excited about that warrants.

MyFarm, I really appreciate your thoughtful and non aggressive response to my post.  I stated earlier in this thread when I saw many Darkcoin people getting involved that I didn't want and wouldn't provoke a repeat of the nonsense that went on in the Darkcoin thread. I meant it.   Discussion is good as long as it is constructive and civil.  I sometimes stray from that myself as I am human with flaws but I try and be objective as hard as it is sometimes.

You do bring up several points that are worth noting. 

masternodes that do not rely on reference nodes is something that I could get behind and support.

That the fundamentals of Spreadcoin would be superior.  I agree with that.

Regardless of masternode implementation I am concerned with mining disparity because I am 100% certain that there is an optimized miner in use giving an unfair advantage to a few.  Because of that I think that getting some of those optimizations available to the masses is extremely important for this coin.  I think masternodes should take a backseat until then.  I know Wolf0 sells to the highest bidder and I have no problem with him profiting from his work.  On the other hand those high bidders typically dump what they mine.  That is a good thing for those looking to buy coins but it makes mining worthless for others.  One of the key things with this coin is the fact that is is solo mining only.  Give a few people with large farms an optimized miner and any value just keeps getting dumped on.  I watched another coin I mined from the start get dumped into oblivion by Cbuchner and his optimized miner.  It took the work of some very unselfish people to even that playing field and release an open source miner for everyone to use.  Once that happened the dumping stopped as the playing field was equaled and the profitability was negated and they moved on to another coin.  So I think priority number one should be getting an optimized miner for everyone not just those willing to pay for it.  I took some heat in the Darkcoin thread for stating that it was a certainty that X11 FPGA's were in use.  Well that turned out to be true and had been going on for some time.  I think that has had an extremely negative effect on the value of Darkcoin just as it will with Spreadcoin if something isn't done about it. 

Anyway, Spreadcoin is doing something different and I like that.  I just would like to see it stay that way with an equal playing field.  The private miner makes things unequal.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:50:47 PM

Please try not to quote ebolajact, he is a vicious paranoid schizophrenic with the IQ of limp salad and his 'stealing from the miners' bullshit has been a plague upon Darkcoin since he set foot in the DRK thread.

Just put him on ignore now, you'll thank me later.

Nobody cares if three dudes are getting another 25% out of their 'farm' of 6 290 cards with an optimised miner. And while X11 FPGA's are certainly possible they are unlikely to be any more efficient (or even as efficient) as a GPU.  Roll Eyes
E9800

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

Please try not to quote ebolajact, he is a vicious paranoid schizophrenic with the IQ of limp salad and his 'stealing from the miners' bullshit has been a plague upon Darkcoin since he set foot in the DRK thread.

Just put him on ignore now, you'll thank me later.

Nobody cares if three dudes are getting another 25% out of their 'farm' of 6 290 cards with an optimised miner. And while X11 FPGA's are certainly possible they are unlikely to be any more efficient (or even as efficient) as a GPU.  Roll Eyes
I care if there is an optimized miner only available to a few. The solution is simple. Contact Wolf and find out how much is needed for him to release and everyone contribute.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: