Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:47:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810024 times)
soundwallet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:05:34 PM

Great news!  Thank you for all the hard work.

Mr. Spread, are you able to release the minimum required SPR for a masternode as of yet?
This minimum doesn't mean much because price will go higher anyway. 100 SPR looks reasonable.
when will the testnet be released??  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:07:14 PM

Let the games begin!  Cool Is there a guide for the masternode testing? Would like to help but I am not that technical. Tongue
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:17:27 PM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

Sorry for wasting your time with this cryptocurrency Sad

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

And you guys fell for this ?! Shocked

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

That's a horrible signal-to-noise ratio. Hit my "ignore the troll" threshold a long time ago.

I'm sure we've all had the experience of standing at a set of traffic lights waiting to cross the road when some idiot in a hotted up hoon-mobile does a massive burn out, making all this noise and commotion as they tear off from the traffic lights with fumes and burning rubber left behind for us all to breath and be immersed in. In that person's mind they're thinking: "Man, I really showed those people standing there and in the other cars what a hot and super happening dude I am who has the wheels to match; yeah baby, I rock!" But in reality everyone's thinking: "What a fuckwit! Man-oh-man, what sort of bizarre growing-up dysfunction was that guy exposed to that he thinks what he's just done is even on the 'cool' scale at all, let alone a fair way up it! What a complete jerk!"

As so it goes for Hippie Tech. This is how these people function. They're in this bizarre parallel world where they actually think that the stuff they do is "pretty damned good" and that people will think "yeah he really showed em!" But in reality, everyone just thinks they're a total prick.

And that pretty much sums you up Hippie. You're a dick mate. You come in here and throw all this shit around and actually believe you're doing something half decent. But, you're not. You're just making a total fool of yourself by picking out selective texts and attempting to discredit through imbalanced postings that are neither accurate nor reasonable. Your obvious agenda is to malign and rubbish Spread. But in doing so you're a most pathetic waste-of-space because it's so childish and so lame.

Give it away. Go back to things that are of worth and of use to you, because Spread clearly isn't. Go and do stuff that helps, not hinders. Reach deep within to find empathy (we all have it) and use that empathy to direct your actions and your objectives. You'll feel all the better to wake up each day knowing you're off to do useful stuff that will bring respect rather than just trying to bring other people down.

Go away and leave the people here alone. If you think it's all folly, fair enough, you've said your piece, now leave (and don't come back unless you're prepared to add value, not just put shit on everything and everyone).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
bitman008

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:41:01 PM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

You allegedly easymined 80k during the first month and neglected to create a single back up ?

No cold storage. Nary a private key to be found.

GTFO !
Dishonest devs don't deserve trust.
Mr.spread,plz prove you've really lost 80K SPR.

bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:42:16 PM

This coin looks more and more like a scam,a sophosicated scam.
so called 'solo mining' huh?
Here is the pool -- http://spr.nonce-pool.com/

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:43:16 PM

uuh, looks like a coordinated troll attack, coupled with synchronized dumping.
I wonder why?  Grin

bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:50:23 PM

No one said you couldn't create a pool for it - we said any miner can steal the blocks they mine. Which is probably why no one can sign up.

Also, were it a real private pool, it would likely be behind authentication - who the hell would be stupid enough to host a public pool for SPR with private signup, showing everyone that they can do it?

FUD, FUD, and more FUD to lower the price. Just buy now and save yourself some effort.
Saddly,it is not a fud,I've tried it,less than  5 mins,blocks were found.

bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:04:12 PM

No one said you couldn't create a pool for it - we said any miner can steal the blocks they mine. Which is probably why no one can sign up.

Also, were it a real private pool, it would likely be behind authentication - who the hell would be stupid enough to host a public pool for SPR with private signup, showing everyone that they can do it?

FUD, FUD, and more FUD to lower the price. Just buy now and save yourself some effort.

Even if you're not lying, so what? If they ever open the pool up, all miners will cheat and steal blocks.
I am no lying,you can verity it,less than 5 mins,block was found.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:07:52 PM

Ooo, a real-life game of Chinese whispers Smiley

My go:

Saddlery is not a food, I've tried it, less than 5 mins, blokes were fond.

Cheers

Graham
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:08:38 PM

Bad news  Sad

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

Eloquently put, for a shill.

When the only alternatives are a hard fork or "I QUIT", what else did you expect them to do ? If any of the donators were legit, they were simply trying to cut the previous month's potential losses. In other words, they were essentially extorted into donating.

Whats next ? Pools ?

THIS JUST IN !

How did I know.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:10:54 PM

How did I know.

It's your sickpuppet, how could you not know?

Cheers

Graham
bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:15:51 PM

How did I know.

Cheers

Graham

Pool confirmed! no lie~
pool address is there,you can verify it yourself

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:16:49 PM

BUMP for Hippie (clearly misses the really important postings)

I'm sure we've all had the experience of standing at a set of traffic lights waiting to cross the road when some idiot in a hotted up hoon-mobile does a massive burn out, making all this noise and commotion as they tear off from the traffic lights with fumes and burning rubber left behind for us all to breath and be immersed in. In that person's mind they're thinking: "Man, I really showed those people standing there and in the other cars what a hot and super happening dude I am who has the wheels to match; yeah baby, I rock!" But in reality everyone's thinking: "What a fuckwit! Man-oh-man, what sort of bizarre growing-up dysfunction was that guy exposed to that he thinks what he's just done is even on the 'cool' scale at all, let alone a fair way up it! What a complete jerk!"

As so it goes for Hippie Tech. This is how these people function. They're in this bizarre parallel world where they actually think that the stuff they do is "pretty damned good" and that people will think "yeah he really showed em!" But in reality, everyone just thinks they're a total prick.

And that pretty much sums you up Hippie. You're a dick mate. You come in here and throw all this shit around and actually believe you're doing something half decent. But, you're not. You're just making a total fool of yourself by picking out selective texts and attempting to discredit through imbalanced postings that are neither accurate nor reasonable. Your obvious agenda is to malign and rubbish Spread. But in doing so you're a most pathetic waste-of-space because it's so childish and so lame.

Give it away. Go back to things that are of worth and of use to you, because Spread clearly isn't. Go and do stuff that helps, not hinders. Reach deep within to find empathy (we all have it) and use that empathy to direct your actions and your objectives. You'll feel all the better to wake up each day knowing you're off to do useful stuff that will bring respect rather than just trying to bring other people down.

Go away and leave the people here alone. If you think it's all folly, fair enough, you've said your piece, now leave (and don't come back unless you're prepared to add value, not just put shit on everything and everyone).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:19:45 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaand dump.

recovery time?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:21:01 PM

Of course...private pool.  Invitation only.  Possibly using multi sig or similar to prevent somebody running off with the funds.  Nice thinking.  Although any pool can run off with coins so I don't really see what difference this makes to Spreadcoin.

bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

How did I know.

Cheers

Graham

Pool confirmed! no lie~

I am not fudding here,nonce-pool is there,easy to verifty,before that,plz dont call a fudder.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:23:16 PM

Pool confirmed! no lie~

Starting again? Okay ...

Paul confined no lamp, put a dress on three, you can vilify it, youngest.

Over to you.

Cheers

Graham
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:23:56 PM

I am not fudding here,nonce-pool is there,easy to verifty,before that,plz dont call a fudder.

"Only invited users are allowed to register. "

Developer of SpreadCoin
bitman008

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:24:50 PM

Of course...private pool.  Invitation only.  Possibly using multi sig or similar to prevent somebody running off with the funds.  Nice thinking.
yeah,private pool,but it means pool works,solo-minig was cracked,not any no solo-pool any longer

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:25:36 PM

Of course...private pool.  Invitation only.  Possibly using multi sig or similar to prevent somebody running off with the funds.  Nice thinking.
yeah,private pool,but it means pool works,solo-minig was cracked,not any no solo-pool any longer
You can make private pool with trusted miners, this was not denied.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: