Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:33:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:58:51 AM

OK guys, heres the animation that took 7 hours to make.

https://youtu.be/PKiwICkw8Fw

I don't even know why I bother, I pretty much wasted my whole day.

not a waste at all ...

its quite good ... Smiley ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:58:31 PM

That's pretty cool.

That's a great skill you've developed, so not a waste at all.

You should post on the services section and see if other projects want something similar. Charge them in BTC or SPR  Wink
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:11:59 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 01:27:20 PM by coins101

-snip-

Can you fill me in what this is all about "This is now The Hunt For Spread October" ?
-snip-

1. Mr.Spread's last post

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10440127#msg10440127

I think he was getting wound up by a barrage of fud when all he wanted to do was code.

2. He went MIA after consolidating all his coins into a couple of wallets that we know about.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg11191160#msg11191160

3. We then decided to keep going with the project, and this is an update on that front [Mr.Spread used coin control and moved some coins, at this point]

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10991724#msg10991724

4. In addition to the base dev team, we have a couple of new dev team members joining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg11173509#msg11173509

5. We are going to create servicenodes to run different apps. The main ones are still under wraps, but this gives you an indication of intent:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976031.msg10656234#msg10656234

6. We are waiting for dev team to announce new ANN and road map.

7. While all the reorganising was going on, it seems that Mr.Spread has been communicating with us by moving some funds around wallets we know are linked to him. But yesterday we noticed a new address that is linked to a much more active wallet, leading to speculation that he is actively developing out the core of the project infrastructure, and has done so in the peace and quiet away from all the fud.

As with Ramius, in the Hunt for Red October, the Americans had to guess his intentions without ever knowing what he was up to. Hence, if you are still working on SPR Mr.Spread - one ping only  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0JaXfKj68

[A word or warning, I type faster than I can think. I hardly ever check what I have written for errors. Sorry about that  Tongue]
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:58:03 PM

^^
Thanks for filling me in on what is going on.
I do understand Mr. Spread. I also try to stear away/around FUD.

I am a big fan of the hunt for the red october. I understand the link now Wink
I think in honor to Mr. Spread, I will watch the movie again in the evening.

"
Captain Ramius: Re-verify our range to target... one ping only.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Captain, I - I - I just...
Captain Ramius: Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Aye, Captain.
"

Awesome Smiley
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:59:34 PM

we think that there is a huge gain in the 'pools' system ... it makes it by far an easier system to mine ... especially with those of us that have farms and DONT want to continuously change miners EVERYTIME we decide to mine spr ...

Your argument would probably receive a lot more attention if you could show how your notion supports the community in general rather than the benefits being confined to just one special interest group.

Cheers

Graham

i agree graham ... but how? ...

community support when there is no real data on what the community actually wants ...

i can only speak from experience so far ... a decentralized system is great if you can actually create one that is not censored nor 'centralized' by being regulated by ONE body ...

we are still at the beginning of the crypto industry - all of which are still being pushed by the government and the laws that will accommodated 'them' into controlling what gets done with what and how ...

pools themselves are no more centralized than anyone ( yes - im pointing at the so called 'big' farms - privately owned or run by the government themselves or not ) that can act like a huge pool even if there was no central place to mine ...

apart from that - the notion that one can actually localize mining to ones wallet - and ONLY ones wallet - is a quaint notion ... but thats all it is ...

THE most successful coins that can be seen in history so far and today are the ones that not so much 'invent' new ways of doing things or develop new strategies - it usually is simply how much MONEY ( yes FIAT ) one makes from these alts and what they can be traded back to ... normally btc and / or fiat ...

so why make something more difficult to mine or accrue? ... especially when all that going to happen is what already HAS happened ... and will again ...

trade back for fiat by the vast majority ...

edit - the post below your message proves my point ... no offence @scamalert ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
crysx,
I think Graham was specifically referring to your statement that it would be inconvenient for you to change miners when you decide to mine SPR.
So what would the community gain if you are able to start mining SPR with ease? I too have a farm and still need to change the miner for SPR,
but have a script that does this for me and it only takes a minute or two.
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:14:12 PM

Does it make sense to dig out the good old GPU miner from the storage room?
I mean, will the electricity cost be justified by current or mid-term exhange rate of Spread?

I am acutally seriously considering getting back into mining, with this coin.

You should be ok for short-term and mid-term mining profit at these levels of difficulty.

But there are so many variables. Wolfo also has an optimised miner, with a percentage that goes to him, I think. never used it.

Allright, I will do my own estimates before digging in, just want to have a loose broad cast on the profit aspect. Thanks Smiley

Can you fill me in what this is all about "This is now The Hunt For Spread October" ?
I can understand that it is something about Mr. Spread and the relaunch.
But there is way to many post to read through to figure out what is going on.
(I have only been involved in this coin for a week or so).

The mining calculator widget is not too bad

http://spreadcoin.us
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:16:02 PM

Bump for coolness  Cool
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:23:41 PM

hahaha!

I think its cool anyway, so i sent you 100 SPR! Enjoy xx  Kiss
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:37:57 PM

Does it make sense to dig out the good old GPU miner from the storage room?
I mean, will the electricity cost be justified by current or mid-term exhange rate of Spread?

I am acutally seriously considering getting back into mining, with this coin.

You should be ok for short-term and mid-term mining profit at these levels of difficulty.

But there are so many variables. Wolfo also has an optimised miner, with a percentage that goes to him, I think. never used it.

Allright, I will do my own estimates before digging in, just want to have a loose broad cast on the profit aspect. Thanks Smiley

I can understand that it is something about Mr. Spread and the relaunch.
But there is way to many post to read through to figure out what is going on.
(I have only been involved in this coin for a week or so).

The mining calculator widget is not too bad

http://spreadcoin.us

Thanks looks good.
What hash rate can you expect with each of my HD7850, hashing SpreadX11?
(I only have experience with scrypt)

AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:47:20 PM

Not sure, but try here for some info

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoinx11-sgminer

the spreadcointalk forum is down while it is being replaced. There are mining discussions on that, when its back up.

and, here http://coinblab.com/forums/topic/405/investing-in-byc-or-in-hardware-thats-the-question/view/page/3

I get ~2.2mhs with amd r9 290
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:56:12 PM

we think that there is a huge gain in the 'pools' system ... it makes it by far an easier system to mine ... especially with those of us that have farms and DONT want to continuously change miners EVERYTIME we decide to mine spr ...

Your argument would probably receive a lot more attention if you could show how your notion supports the community in general rather than the benefits being confined to just one special interest group.

Cheers

Graham

community support when there is no real data on what the community actually wants ...

i can only speak from experience so far ... a decentralized system is great if you can actually create one that is not censored nor 'centralized' by being regulated by ONE body ...

we are still at the beginning of the crypto industry - all of which are still being pushed by the government and the laws that will accommodated 'them' into controlling what gets done with what and how ...

pools themselves are no more centralized than anyone ( yes - im pointing at the so called 'big' farms - privately owned or run by the government themselves or not ) that can act like a huge pool even if there was no central place to mine ...

apart from that - the notion that one can actually localize mining to ones wallet - and ONLY ones wallet - is a quaint notion ... but thats all it is ...

THE most successful coins that can be seen in history so far and today are the ones that not so much 'invent' new ways of doing things or develop new strategies - it usually is simply how much MONEY ( yes FIAT ) one makes from these alts and what they can be traded back to ... normally btc and / or fiat ...

so why make something more difficult to mine or accrue? ... especially when all that going to happen is what already HAS happened ... and will again ...

trade back for fiat by the vast majority ...

edit - the post below your message proves my point ... no offence @scamalert ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Humm, i mentioned this in a previous comment.

When SPR's network was at 5GH, only around 50MH was from pooled mining. The rest (as far as i'm aware) was solo mining.

I don't think anything needs changing, the majority of people will continue to solomine SPR.

IMO the more solo the better. Adds more decentralization/value to the network and more nodes.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:58:31 PM

Hey, nice bump on the price today  Smiley

No, its not me. I like that we have a wide distribution. Besides, I'm poor   Cry
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:01:49 PM

Hey, nice bump on the price today  Smiley

No, its not me. I like that we have a wide distribution. Besides, I'm poor   Cry

Was it you who bought from 3300 to 6300?

Im trying to gage your stack Tongue
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:06:59 PM

not many SPR for sale  Sad

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:08:38 PM

not many SPR for sale  Sad

40k SPR?

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 05:35:42 PM

Good answer, nice to get some mature discussion going ... aaaand I'm glad you asked me that question Smiley

Where Spreadcoin is now reflects Mr Spread’s original notions (emphasis mine):

I want to make this coin for solo only mining without any pools (mining will be made in a such way that miners will be able to consistently steal money from the pool). With blocks generated every minute even with thousands of miners you will still be able to get block once in several days (if you have average hashing speed). There will be no concentration of mining power in large pools as in Bitcoin and there will be no multipools. We can than advertize it as being more decentralized than Bitcoin. Mining will be more like a lottery which may be more interesting or in contrary distract people form mining (however, if you mine for long time than you don't actualy need any pools).

and

The general idea is ...
Given all this I don't expect that anyone will create a pool. But if someone will then I will modify whatever miner software will be used for it to implement the stealing described above, we may expect that most pool miners will then switch to this cheating version which will make this pool useless.

no real data on what the community actually wants ...

That is true to a large degree and it's possibly the reason that the one-sided nature of the perspective is so easily overlooked. For me, there are several readily-identifiable communities directly involved, usually interdependently but each with their own set of objectives, some of which are in tension with another sector's objectives. There are (broadly) miners, investors, speculators, supporters and merchants. And, as you observe, we're in phase 1, a long way to go before, e.g. Spreadcoin denominates someone's paycheck.

Speculators want instability in exchange rates, it's their prime opportunity to earn. Investors typically play the long game looking for consistent stable growth. Merchants hate speculative exchange price instability because it plays merry hell with their prices. Miners are okay with or without stability, just as long as the coin remains profitable to mine. Unfortunately that profitability is at the mercy of exchange rate speculation. atm, supporters don't often have cause to care much about the exchange rate as it has little effect on their intra-currency trading (except for causing wild swings in merchants' prices) but they do need a wide range of engaging opportunities to acquire small amounts of the coin and to disburse small amounts, ditto.

For a coin to have any chance of long-term success there must be a balance maintained between the objectives. If any one group gains dominance that's pretty much it for the coin; the dominant group will promote its agenda at the expense of the other groups which will then start haemorrhaging members.

There've been around 2160+ altcoins launched so far. The scant number of successes can be counted on one hand, if one is generous about a definition of success. I see this as eloquent testimony that achieving a sustainable balance is nigh-on impossible.

so why make something more difficult to mine or accrue?
Bring a necessary balance.

... especially when all that going to happen is what already HAS happened ... and will again ... trade back for fiat by the vast majority ...

Yes, that's typical elsewhere but has been far less so with Spreadcoin. Freedom from the vagaries of overwhelming multipool influence seems to lend a stability to Spreadcoin. I'm aware that, pedantically, the “no pools” phrase has been demonstrated false but a point-scoring attitude sadly fails to acknowledge the essential success of Mr Spread's broad aim in sheltering the coin from megapool influence. fwiw, I believe that's the general perception and why there is so much residual support for the coin; there are only a few people motivated to adopt a pedantic criticism, most others will appreciate the success of the overall aim - “no concentration of mining power in large pools”.

There's so little hard data about the community that it's impossible to determine whether this perception of Spreadcoin being a more equitable coin is just that, a perception and no more --- or whether it is a reality (arising from the consensus perception, ofc), in which case there's an emergent brand value, right there. The freedom from multipool influence is undeniably now an actual part of Spreadcoin's historical narrative, part of the heritage of the coin and part of its story (c.f. fallingknife's blueprint). Crucially, the “no large pools” aim is a rare pro-balance influence.

It's oblique but ... Spreadcoin is seen as giving the little guy more of a chance because of what “no pools” betokens of the coin.

Cheers

Graham

AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

I'm almost speechless.

Great summary.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 07:18:22 PM

hahaha!

I think its cool anyway, so i sent you 100 SPR! Enjoy xx  Kiss
Thanks defunctec!
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:37:33 PM

I think MrSpread has moved coins to this wallet https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SPanL4GfohWP6L8EDC8kCxYHeZCc4dRMPJ.htm, today!

Its now the largest wallet at 180,000 SPR!

What is going on?!

Can georgem shed some light, or are you as much in the dark?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:43:18 PM

hahaha!

I think its cool anyway, so i sent you 100 SPR! Enjoy xx  Kiss
Thanks defunctec!

Also sent 250 SPR.

Another 250 SPR when you do the mining vid on youtube  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: