Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE]  (Read 237600 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

I have a feeling that this one is going to be very big.
It's only a matter of time before a company like Google realizes the potential of this coin for commercial purposes.
It has built in support for Google glass already. It's the "golden spike" for linking the online world with the real world.

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in 2015 we see a massive venture capital funded buywall to buy back coins, because a company wants this technology. The good thing is, is that it has a patent pending, so no idea stealing.

Hold on to your hats people, it will be a crazy ride, but a good one.

By the way, all the FUD attempts by basement dwellers with 0.2 btc to their name only strengthen my resolve.

Have a good day all.

Now THAT is a GOOD post on any day, but a GREAT post to read on a Friday. I am getting into Checkcoin like I did bitcoin- better late than never!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitsendInc (OP)

Activity: 227

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:12:27 PM

looking forward to it!

on another matter: coinmarketcap is showing ckc as not mineable. also the 16x16 icon they have is not ideal. so if there is time for those little things someone could sent them an icon and point that error out. i would have done it, but still dont have the branding artwork Wink

Thanks for the heads up. We will contact them immediately.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:26:18 PM

Now THAT is a GOOD post on any day, but a GREAT post to read on a Friday. I am getting into Checkcoin like I did bitcoin- better late than never!

Late ? LOL

Plenty of time yet. Anything under 2000 sat will be early (bearing in mind there are no sure things, just the usual risks). I would expect a lot of flippers to sell millions below that level over the next few weeks... We will be able to gauge things by the actual reported progress.

Checkcoin is still very young.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:42:11 PM

Late ? LOL

Plenty of time yet. Anything under 2000 sat will be early (bearing in mind there are no sure things, just the usual risks). I would expect a lot of flippers to sell millions below that level over the next few weeks... We will be able to gauge things by the actual reported progress.

Indeed, plenty of time left to buy. As you said, around 2k will be the floor in the next days. Although, the devs will release something nice tonight, depending on the implications of this we may see a decent spike. But take it easy, don't chase prices. Just buy an amount you feel comfortable with and hold. First milestone will be reaching the top 100, so again, there is still so much room for growth.
ketos

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:52:24 PM

looks like a great idea lets see where it takes us im in
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:04:30 PM

welcome on board Smiley
ketos

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:35:37 PM

welcome on board Smiley

thanks i need a holiday please go to the moon
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:47:24 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 02:15:08 PM by SpringfieldM1A

welcome on board Smiley

thanks i need a holiday please go to the moon

Someone should place a checkcoin faucet on the moon.
I wonder, does the moon have GPS like coordinates? I mean GPS on earth is based on satellites orbiting it, I doubt the moon has satellites in permanent orbit for this purpose. It would be cool though to have Checkcoins literally on the moon Smiley

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:13:22 PM

Late ? LOL

Indeed, plenty of time left to buy. As you said, around 2k will be the floor in the next days. Although, the devs will release something nice tonight, depending on the implications of this we may see a decent spike. But take it easy, don't chase prices. Just buy an amount you feel comfortable with and hold. First milestone will be reaching the top 100, so again, there is still so much room for growth.

I actually meant 1k would be the floor, and 2k will be the ceiliing, until the IPO sellers are out (and there will be a lot of them).

I will be watching the actual progress of the project : don't focus on price in the early weeks/months.
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

Late ? LOL

I actually meant 1k would be the floor, and 2k will be the ceiliing, until the IPO sellers are out (and there will be a lot of them).

I will be watching the actual progress of the project : don't focus on price in the early weeks/months.

Ok gotcha, but depending on development and features those ICO buyers might change their minds and hodl. I for one bought ckc at
ICO price but I'm not going to sell for anything less than 50k. It will be a long hard road (if ever) but I am patient.
FlyHigh22

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:21:35 PM

What was the price for the ipo? Under 2k?
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:24:45 PM

What was the price for the ipo? Under 2k?
FlyHigh22

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

Here is the roadmap if anyone missed it in the middle of the pages.

I think this should be posted on the first post of this thread.
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:38:44 PM

Cryptocoins do not benefit from that sort of trading. Day traders are actually stripping value from the long term holders. Think about it : Where does your daily profit actually come from ?  It is a zero sum game.  New money coming in has to first be skimmed by the day traders before adding to the wealth of the coin.

In fact a better strategy to strengthen a coin which you hold longer term is to day trade at a regular loss: that puts money (bitcoin) into the pockets of the holders, or pays for the skimming.. A really good coin will overcome the skimming, but it will always take some toll.

I would not expect a 'trader' to see that logic at all, and everyone is at liberty to trade as they wish. It's just the way it is.

Sorry but this is very funny to me. I traded that way from year with very good profit - mostly daily profits or 2-3d holding:).

I must quote that. This is funny? stupid? - something between Smiley Cryptos is all about making money:) Even if project is interesting like CKC is, profit is the most important thing. So "don't focus on price in the early weeks/months" is like "don't think about sex when you're with your girl" lol  Grin

Telling people here "don't focus on price next weeks" is really naive.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:27:57 PM

Late ? LOL

Ok gotcha, but depending on development and features those ICO buyers might change their minds and hodl. I for one bought ckc at
ICO price but I'm not going to sell for anything less than 50k. It will be a long hard road (if ever) but I am patient.

That's about right. Hold for a Binary outcome.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

Late ? LOL

If you really believe in a crypto project like CKC, why not just hold forever? Sure, set a target where you sell SOME for BTC if you want to hold BTC (or fiat... bleh) but you should always hold onto some coins indefinitely if you feel the project has merit. Otherwise you're only investing for investing's sake and never actually believed in the coin in the first place, which I think is a poor reason to invest in something because you're only hoping that the coin will go up in value based on other "suckers" getting into the market to push the price up instead of basing your investment on the true value of the commodity you are investing in.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:55:35 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 04:28:33 PM by SpringfieldM1A

Late ? LOL

If you really believe in a crypto project like CKC, why not just hold forever? Sure, set a target where you sell SOME for BTC if you want to hold BTC (or fiat... bleh) but you should always hold onto some coins indefinitely if you feel the project has merit. Otherwise you're only investing for investing's sake and never actually believed in the coin in the first place, which I think is a poor reason to invest in something because you're only hoping that the coin will go up in value based on other "suckers" getting into the market to push the price up instead of basing your investment on the true value of the commodity you are investing in.

Well spoken, my 50k number was arbitrary, merely to indicate that I will hold for a long time. I am with this project almost since day 1 and I invested because I believe it will succeed. I will never sell all my Checkcoins, but at some point I might cash out my initial investment, but I may refrain from doing so depending on market conditions and adoption etcetera.  

I've been (day)trading BTC and alts since 2012 and I always had three principles:

1. Never invest in an ICO
2. In case a coin doubles, sell half to get your investment out.
3. Set an exit price and sell 95% of your remaining coins.

Regarding Checkcoin I have broken rules 1 and 3 for the first time ever, I invested in the ICO and I haven't set an exit price because I want to see how far the rabbit hole really goes with this one. Although as I mentioned, I might sell some to take out my initial investment, at the moment however I am not short on fiat so from that standpoint I will probably break rule number 2 as well Smiley

I admit I entered this "crypto game" as I called it full Gordon Gekko style, ruthless and without any profound interest in a coin's advantages or fundamentals. I bought and sold everything. I have changed though, I believe we are ready for Crypto 2.0, focusing on true real world adoption instead of being just another speculative equity. Now I invest in what I call platforms; coins that offer more than just being an alternative for Bitcoin, because in my opinion those will never succeed. A succesful cryptocoin should provoke an incentive for people to use it, not offer just another payment method. I see some of these platforms as companies in the making, that is where I put my money for the long term.

Checkcoin in that respect tics all the right boxes:

-A true company behind it, not some anonymous dev offering a shoddy whitepaper and who shouts "moon" all the time
-It fills a void in the current crypto landscape. If you are honest, almost with every coin out there you could ask yourself "why wouldn't I just pay with cash? (or Bitcoin!)" Of course us enthusiasts see the advantages, but the general public? Not so much
-It doesn't focus on anonimity. While anon in itself is great, and I wholly agree with the right to have privacy, Anon from a point of mass adoption is too soon. The majority of people simply do not care about their privacy, especially teenagers nowadays. They fill in forms, post their personal information on the web etc they simply do not care. With them being to future adopters or users of crypto, why should anonymity be the main focus at this point in time? It sells to us crypto enthusiasts, but most people out there don't even know what Bitcoin is, let alone that they are ready for anonimity in crypto. We will see a revival in a couple of years, but for now the hype is starting to die out quickly. I am not saying anon coins are useless, I am just saying that their potential will take time to bloom. This will come after crypto use is widespread. I am invested in various platforms that offer anonimity for the long run.

Basically what is lacking is a profound reason why the general person wants to use crypto. Ask yourself, "why?" why would anyone want to use a volatile untangible "currency" which offers things like "freedom from banks" or "lower transaction fees" There are a lot of people who never think about these concepts because they simply do not care yet.

Until now crypto has been trying to force feed their advantages over fiat to the people, we've reached a stalemate regarding adoption. Adoption cannot be forced unless there is an incentive to adopt and Checkcoin does this beautifully. It's simply "cool" to use the functionalities of CKC, I bet most people will never even be aware of the fact that it's a cryptocoin in essence, they will simply use the features this platform offers. For investors this means that they will see a nice return on their investment as with increased demand and usage, the unit price will rise.

As I said earlier today, wiser men than you and me will eventually see the enourmous potential of this technology and want to have a part of it. It will take time, but that day will come.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:27:49 PM

Well spoken, my 50k number was arbitrary, merely to indicate that I will hold for a long time. I am with this project almost since day 1 and I invested because I believe it will succeed. I will never sell all my Checkcoins, but at some point I might cash out my initial investment, but I may refrain from doing so depending on market conditions and adoption etcetera.  

I've been (day)trading BTC and alts since 2012 and I always had three principles:

1. Never invest in an ICO
2. In case a coin doubles, sell half to get your investment out.
3. Set an exit price and sell 95% of your remaining coins.

Regarding Checkcoin I have broken rules 1 and 3 for the first time ever, I invested in the ICO and I haven't set an exit price because I want to see how far the rabbit hole really goes with this one. Although as I mentioned, I might sell some to take out my initial investment, at the moment however I am not short on fiat so from that standpoint I will probably break rule number 2 as well Smiley

I admit I entered this "crypto game" as I called it full Gordon Gekko style, ruthless and without any profound interest in a coin's advantages or fundamentals. I bought and sold everything. I have changed though, I believe we are ready for Crypto 2.0, focusing on true real world adoption instead of being just another speculative equity. Now I invest in what I call platforms; coins that offer more than just being an alternative for Bitcoin, because in my opinion those will never succeed. A succesful cryptocoin should provoke an incentive for people to use it, not offer just another payment method. I see some of these platforms as companies in the making, that is where I put my money for the long term.

Checkcoin in that respect tics all the right boxes:

-A true company behind it, not some anonymous dev offering a shoddy whitepaper and who shouts "moon" all the time
-It fills a void in the current crypto landscape. If you are honest, almost with every coin out there you could ask yourself "why wouldn't I just pay with cash?" Of course us enthusiasts see the advantages, but the general public? Not so much
-It doesn't focus on anonimity While anon in itself is great, and I wholly agree with the right to have privacy, Anon from a point of mass adoption is too soon. The majority of people simply do not care about their privacy, especially teenagers nowadays. They fill in forms, post their personal information on the web etc they simply do not care. With them being to future adopters or users of crypto, why should anonymity be the main focus? It sells to us crypto enthusiasts, but most people out there don't even know what Bitcoin is, let alone that they need anonymity in crypto. We will see a revival in a couple of years, but for now the hype is starting to die out quickly. I am not saying anon coins are useless, I am just saying that their potential will take time to bloom. This will come after crypto use is widespread. I am invested in various platforms that offer anonimity for the long run.

Basically what is lacking is a profound reason why the general person wants to use crypto. Ask yourself, "why?" why would anyone want to use a volatile untangible "currency" which offers things like "freedom from banks" or "lower transaction fees" There are a lot of people who never think about these concepts because they simply do not care.

Until now crypto has been trying to force feed their advantages over fiat to the people, we've reached a stalemate regarding adoption. Adoption cannot be forced unless there is an incentive to adopt and Checkcoin does this beautifully. It's simply "cool" to use the functionalities of CKC, I bet most people will never even be aware of the fact that it's a cryptocoin in essence, they will simply use the features this platform offers. For investors this means that they will see a nice return on their investment as with increased demand and usage, the unit price will rise.

As I said earlier today, wiser men than you and me will eventually see the enourmous potential of this technology and want to have a part of it. It will take time, but that day will come.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that we are on the cusp of crypto 2.0, and you are entirely correct about platforms being the next step forward in the crypto landscape. That's why I'm invested in CKC, NXT, and heavily involved in NEM as you can see from my profile (and some other minor coins/platforms). Anyway, this is about CKC so just want to say that I am excited to see where this project goes. Smiley

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

Cryptos is all about making money:)

No it isn't. That is a very narrow view.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:09:09 PM

The price is always fun to talk about though. And right now it's skyrocketing on BTER. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: