Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:58:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102243 times)
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:40:29 PM

but at current size of bankroll it´s just impossible to gain enough to make this worthwhile.
therefore all the profit goes to the same 20-30 people wo have invested 50+ BTC or more.

i mean in order to have only 1/100 of the bankroll you already have to invest 72 Bitcoin.

I don't see any way around your problem.

If they put a hard cap on the total bankroll, say 10k BTC, then people will start trading accounts. And guess who will end up with the accounts when their price gets bid up? It will be those same 20-30 people with the most coins.

You're always going to end up with the people who want it most being invested, whether you limit the bankroll size or not.

When you don't limit it, people get diluted to the point that it's not worth staying in for the people who aren't really dedicated to it, and if you do limit it then the price of getting in goes up to the point that it's not worth getting in for the people who aren't really dedicated to it.

The only difference is that when accounts are traded, the site owners don't to make any coins, whereas when it isn't they get to profit more by the increased publicity and volume that a bigger bankroll can attract.

I don't see it as a problem either. The people who invest the most are taking the most risk and should be able to recoup their risk with a good sized payout. I only have .1 invested (all ive made from mining/trading lol) but my payout from one night was really good for the amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:52:38 PM

I was just looking at my deposit address on the blockchain, and noticed that the amount was transferred to the address of https://btcgains.com/ central address. How is that site related to dicebitco?

The funds from your deposit address are most likely used as withdrawal for someone else, at least thats how its usually done.
Coldstorrage has ~BANKROLL-50 BTC
https://blockchain.info/address/19tQNCrmaW6EADfJrtBaRixRkPyVrvb6yk

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

I was just looking at my deposit address on the blockchain, and noticed that the amount was transferred to the address of https://btcgains.com/ central address. How is that site related to dicebitco?

The funds from your deposit address are most likely used as withdrawal for someone else, at least thats how its usually done.

I guess, thats seems the only possible explanation.Thanks
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:14:31 PM

I guess, thats seems the only possible explanation.Thanks

We also provide mixer services for free !  Grin Grin

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:33:46 PM

If you think of it as "your" deposit address, you're probably going to make wrong assumptions. The address is owned by the site, and the coins you send to it can be used however they like. Most likely they were used to fund some other user's withdrawal.

The only thing that makes it "yours" is that coins sent to it are credited to your account on the site. After that, the coins may move to cold storage, but most likely they will be sent to a different player when he requests a withdrawal.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:59:58 PM

Few mins ago, we passed 200+ BTC profit!! Lasted for awhile, but still  Grin Grin

kulme

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:32:17 PM

My withdraw with no fee Sad
I don't know when it will completed Sad

Can you tell me how to withdraw with fee?

https://blockchain.info/tx/1841a69bd44b6da35f64b7252ed15d098b3b5d58ab0d5b68211d83035c4a6f8b

Kulme
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

DiceBitcoin, you might want to add an option where you can select if you want to pay a fee or not (and set "Pay a fee" as the standard option). I have seen a lot of feeless transactions and they take forever to confirm (and most people don't like that).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
zdaz14

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:20:41 PM

Few mins ago, we passed 200+ BTC profit!! Lasted for awhile, but still  Grin Grin

https://i.imgur.com/aT066eW.png

Woo my investments are payin off!
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

DiceBitcoin, you might want to add an option where you can select if you want to pay a fee or not (and set "Pay a fee" as the standard option). I have seen a lot of feeless transactions and they take forever to confirm (and most people don't like that).

we dont set the fee, the bitcoin daemon does. Sometimes is zero, sometimes is 0.0001 and some others 0.0003 or even 0.0005
Problem is some pools use OLD daemon version,that is why it could be postponed abit(in case the fee is zero). The 0.0001 we"charge" doesnt go in our pockets! Its to even out the withdrawal fees.

For instance, this withdrawal had 0.0002 fee(user paid 0.0001 though) -->   https://blockchain.info/tx/8ef7bab3876b0c6fab7bae0f8798ce30cc1082adb7c33f49dff0d4bcde1ca211

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

I dont set the fee, the bitcoin daemon does. Sometimes is zero, sometimes is 0.0001 and some others 0.0003 or even 0.0005
Problem is some pools use OLD daemon version,that is why it could be postponed abit(in case the fee is zero). The 0.0001 we"charge" doesnt go in our pockets! Its to even out the withdrawal fees.

For instance, this withdrawal had 0.0002 fee(user paid 0.0001 though) -->   https://blockchain.info/tx/8ef7bab3876b0c6fab7bae0f8798ce30cc1082adb7c33f49dff0d4bcde1ca211
Hmmm, I see and I totally get why you charge the fee. No questions asked about that. Zero fee transactions will always be a special case though. I highly doubt that this will change in the future. Can't you force the daemon to use a standard fee?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:30:29 PM

Worried here this is going to one day be like everydice...

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:32:47 PM

I dont set the fee, the bitcoin daemon does. Sometimes is zero, sometimes is 0.0001 and some others 0.0003 or even 0.0005

Hmmm, I see and I totally get why you charge the fee. No questions asked about that. Zero fee transactions will always be a special case though. I highly doubt that this will change in the future. Can't you force the daemon to use a standard fee?

unf no. Only way it would be to"hack" the original daemon, and "recompile" it. and cross fingers that it wont fuckup something in the proccess. We prefer to leave things as they are, the way it should be. eventually the pools will update, and that problem will disappear Smiley

Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:02:15 PM

unf no. Only way it would be to"hack" the original daemon, and "recompile" it. and cross fingers that it wont fuckup something in the proccess. We prefer to leave things as they are, the way it should be. eventually the pools will update, and that problem will disappear Smiley

Bitcoin transaction fees are a magical mix of how many, how old and how much the inputs are.
The up-to-date daemon automatically calculates the priority of a TX and assigns a fee. It looks like DB is doing this.
However, some pools are very stingy and don't adhere to standard practices. They can reject transactions that have 0 fee, even though the priority on the transaction is high enough to be included (the inputs are old and large enough).
For now, the only thing you can do if your TX doesn't include a fee is to wait for a pool that adheres to standard practices to include your TX in a block.
Miners can refuse to mine on "stingy" pools. Then they will have less of the hash rate. This will give pools adhering to standard practices more of the hash rate.

... Sorry, I got a little off topic there.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:22:39 AM

If you think of it as "your" deposit address, you're probably going to make wrong assumptions. The address is owned by the site, and the coins you send to it can be used however they like. Most likely they were used to fund some other user's withdrawal.

The only thing that makes it "yours" is that coins sent to it are credited to your account on the site. After that, the coins may move to cold storage, but most likely they will be sent to a different player when he requests a withdrawal.
What i mean dooglus is does anyone know who this guy is or could he simply run off with currently 3,360,000 USD equiv roughly and no one know? This guy doesn't seem to have much previous trust to creating the site.

zdaz14

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:54:09 AM

Will a dev please confirm my manual withdrawal? I have two purchases to make lol.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:54:12 AM

Will a dev please confirm my manual withdrawal? I have two purchases to make lol.

zdav the daemon crashed and needed a reboot. Your withdrawal was processed automatically after reboot Smiley Sorry for this ^__^

What i mean dooglus is does anyone know who this guy is or could he simply run off with currently 3,360,000 USD equiv roughly and no one know? This guy doesn't seem to have much previous trust to creating the site.

No, no one knows who I am. You can check my reputation online, my other dice site that runs succesfully without a single payment issue for ~7months, but thats about it i am afraid. Whats stopping me with running with $3.5m? Nothing. What doog stopped him from running with 30m$? Nothing. Will i do it? No.Can i prove it? No. Have we done this conversation in the past? Yes. Will i keep answering the same question all the time? No. Can we move past that finally? I hope so Smiley  As a player, you can verify the integrity of the site any given time, and you can have instant withdrawals. As an investor, your coins are stored safe in a cold wallet. If you cannot trust me, then by all means please do not invest!

Enjoy the site!

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:04:17 AM

Can't you force the daemon to use a standard fee?

The daemon does use the standard fee. Sometimes the standard fee is zero.

I posted a patch that causes the daemon to be a little more generous with its fees, so that the miners who are running old versions of the daemon won't think you've not included enough of a fee.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
2kman

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:46:24 AM

So the bets are provably fair. Good.
But how can I verify that there are no bogus bets, simply inserted by the site's operators whenever they want to take some of the profits?
Why not simply create a fake bet and take some of the profits every now and then? And what prevents this?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:00:28 AM

how can I verify that there are no bogus bets, simply inserted by the site's operators whenever they want to take some of the profits?
Why not simply create a fake bet and take some of the profits every now and then? And what prevents this?

You can't. It's quite possible for the site operators to play against the investors and win whenever they want to. We just have to trust that they won't - or not invest.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: