Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:14:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102243 times)
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

Where else do you gamble at dooglus?

Are you solely a dice site gambler?

It would appear there is only a small world of Bitcoin gambling sites catering to high rollers...

You should try dice.ninja, personally its my favorite.

Yeah cool, I haven't seem them before. bankroll is a lot smaller than DiceBitco.in though

a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:27:32 PM

It would appear there is only a small world of Bitcoin gambling sites catering to high rollers...

Yeah cool, I haven't seem them before. bankroll is a lot smaller than DiceBitco.in though

try prcdice.  they've been around for more than a year already.
bodgybrothers

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

This is clearly not a mistake. All the facts show a direct intention to scam players.

1. only winning bets were skipped
2. it knows, even though finnile changes his bet method, to skip the winning bets.
3. The site is very young and the people behind it are unknown.

If the people defending Dicebitcoin try to make this smaller than it is, they are basically hurting their own bitcoin community and the bitcoin gambling/investment community.

Do not try to defend this, the facts are that it was skipping winning bets even when he changes the bet from high to low.

Provable fair is only fair if you verify the bets. Not many people verify and wouldn't notice a few wrong bets. This incident today was found because finnile saw ~95% of his 50% bets losing. Something was wrong and it wasn't a mistake or bug! With a bet history of 50bets, no one can possible prove all their bets and dicebitcoin know this.

Take a few winning bets from all players (especially bot players) and you have a nice surge in profits. But in finniles case, that was nearly all winning bets. Sad day for bitcoin gambling trust.

Provable fair must change so that the client side is proving every bet. that means the server seed must change after each bet.

This is how provable fair should work:  The hash for the next bet is sent to client from server, client sends bet type and client seed, server calculates bet outcome and sends server seed to client. Client checks hash and seed result and confirms it is correct. If not correct, the client throws an alarm. server sends new server seed hash to client and the process repeats.

I would not play at this site, and i would question the trust circle of the owners as they have been unknown people ever since the start. With all the signature ads, it seems to me they got popular via a few backers and then the snowball effect happened. Also, doog playing there gave many confidence. But don't be sheep and follow a small few.

21pilot

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:28:00 PM

I have been effected by this bug it seems, I will edit this post and post screenshots of each bet.

Here's a composite image of your bets, showing the issue more clearly:

You have two adjacent bets whose nonces differ by 2. That means one of your rolls was skipped.

Once you're able to get your server seed we can check whether it would have won.

I wonder if the skipped roll was less than 10...
http://gyazo.com/7c8c0a646e5c9695ca502805abc8721b

so was it less than 10?
anyone run Stars dice roll with the verifier now that he revelead his server seed?
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:29:02 PM

Yes it was:

a1choi

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:30:04 PM

This is clearly not a mistake. All the facts show a direct intention to scam players.

1. only winning bets were skipped
2. it knows, even though finnile changes his bet method, to skip the winning bets.
3. The site is very young and the people behind it are unknown.

If the people defending Dicebitcoin try to make this smaller than it is, they are basically hurting their own bitcoin community and the bitcoin gambling/investment community.

Do not try to defend this, the facts are that it was skipping winning bets even when he changes the bet from high to low.

Provable fair is only fair if you verify the bets. Not many people verify and wouldn't notice a few wrong bets. This incident today was found because finnile saw ~95% of his 50% bets losing. Something was wrong and it wasn't a mistake or bug! With a bet history of 50bets, no one can possible prove all their bets and dicebitcoin know this.

Take a few winning bets from all players (especially bot players) and you have a nice surge in profits. But in finniles case, that was nearly all winning bets. Sad day for bitcoin gambling trust.

Provable fair must change so that the client side is proving every bet. that means the server seed must change after each bet.

This is how provable fair should work:  The hash for the next bet is sent to client from server, client sends bet type and client seed, server calculates bet outcome and sends server seed to client. Client checks hash and seed result and confirms it is correct. If not correct, the client throws an alarm. server sends new server seed hash to client and the process repeats.

I would not play at this site, and i would question the trust circle of the owners as they have been unknown people ever since the start. With all the signature ads, it seems to me they got popular via a few backers and then the snowball effect happened. Also, doog playing there gave many confidence. But don't be sheep and follow a small few.

This is not true tho.  As forcing a change in the server seed whilst not changing your client seed will allow the operators to check which server seed would provide a favorable outcome for the house.  this was a problem with some sites out there, notably, the original PD.
a1choi

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

Yes it was:

If this is not a SMOKING GUN, i dont know what is.
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:30:51 PM

try prcdice.  they've been around for more than a year already.

yeah been there too, obviously they are killing it too. Looks like Dice own the high roller market in Bitcoins

21pilot

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:31:51 PM

Yes it was:

seriously  Shocked

i can´t understand why anyone has still a single satoshi on that site?
I think manl and gerry are probably right now thinking about running off with the 6500 BTC bankroll (still over 3 million $)

what a disgusting behavior from these greedy ********
Stars

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:33:33 PM

Yes it was:

If this is not a SMOKING GUN, i dont know what is.

Well I hope I get re-funded.

bodgybrothers

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:38:04 PM

This is not true tho.  As forcing a change in the server seed whilst not changing your client seed will allow the operators to check which server seed would provide a favorable outcome for the house.  this was a problem with some sites out there, notably, the original PD.

Yeah true, so the client seed must change too. and that wont be feasible. So provable fair doesn't work in any configuration I can think of. Unless the client batch confirms?
I don't know. The entire industry of bitcoin gambling is shady with people hiding behind internet names like "manl". Why don't people trust others on ebay, but they trust some unknown in the bitcoin world?

RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:39:07 PM

I think you must get re-funded with your "real" win.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Gws24

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:39:47 PM

Hope so too for you. You would have won 19.8 Bitcoin but instead you lost 2; that's a difference in your balance of a whopping 21.8 bitcoins  Sad

Earlier I said that everything on my rolls looked ok but obviously I didn't check all of them and just checked randomly. From the chat on dicebitco I understand Manl is running a check against the complete database; hope they're honest.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:41:16 PM

Why is the profit different between the two views of each bet?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Gws24

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:44:12 PM

Different bet amount. It lists the profit as the negative amount of what you would have won plus the bet amount for some reason. Imho it should be the bet amount you lost.

EDIT:
(-1*2*9.9)+2=-17.8
(-1*1*9.9)+1=-8.9

really confusing
Stars

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:45:55 PM

Why is the profit different between the two views of each bet?

What do you mean dooglus?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:46:20 PM

I'm divesting. Better safe than sorry. The only positive outcome I can think of would be if it turns out to be some freak bug and the owners cover the losses from their own pockets, so I'll just wait to see if that happens.
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:46:53 PM

Dooglus because he bet 2 BTC the second time. if thats what you asked.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:49:21 PM

I mean when he bets 1 BTC and loses, why is the profit -8.9 BTC? It should be -1 BTC.

But that seems to be a separate issue - all losing bets are shown as "minus (what your profit would have been if you won)".

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:52:29 PM

I mean when he bets 1 BTC and loses, why is the profit -8.9 BTC? It should be -1 BTC.

But that seems to be a separate issue - all losing bets are shown as "minus (what your profit would have been if you won)".

So that should have been a winning bet   Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: