Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102243 times)
Miitch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:08:41 PM

That piece of code doesn't say much. Must be some IF statement above that is interesting ;-)
Agreed, be nice to see the code in more context. Those two lines by themselves wouldn't explain this "hidden feature".

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   COIN-SWEEPER
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇    Avoid Bombs Win BIG
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   1% House Edge   ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:10:00 PM

Can't believe what I'm seeing here  Shocked
dogedice.me

Activity: 776
Merit: 522

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:12:47 PM

I wonder, if you do use any SCM (git, svn..), how any of you developer worked on that project? Because it's a red alert when most important code has been changed?

How this could ever happen? You just hire someone, give access to the server or code, and forget about it? Don't you have at least some(any, one?) security protocols?

If, I imagine you didn't and any guy has access to the server and code, why he did such stupid thing? Why not just add something to show the server seed, or set it from front-end?

I'm not pointing at anyone one, but I just don't get it.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
smalltimer50

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

I wonder, if you do use any SCM (git, svn..), how any of you developer worked on that project? Because it's a red alert when most important code has been changed?

How this could ever happen? You just hire someone, give access to the server or code, and forget about it? Don't you have at least some(any, one?) security protocols?

If, I imagine you didn't and any guy has access to the server and code, why he did such stupid thing? Why not just add something to show the server seed, or set it from front-end?

Yes, can you explain this manl? This site held 3.5 million ++ at its peak and some random new hire can completely fuck with the code? That doesn't make any sense at all...
cHoCo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

this was done purposely and it's a good scam/rigging but poorly executed.  You could have at least make it skip bets once in a while, not every...People here don't like to be screwed with and there is 10000000 eyes watching every move you make and you fucked up.

Really hope you bankroll goes back to 200 of your own BTC as you should build your trust from 0 after this mess and robbing players.

cHoCo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:18:47 PM

Yes, can you explain this manl? This site held 3.5 million ++ at its peak and some random new hire can completely fuck with the code? That doesn't make any sense at all...

It doesn't make any sense at all, it's just some stupid excuse they made up

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:19:33 PM

Okay, good to see DiceBitcoin has replied to this thread but it seems that (maybe just a bad feeling I have) it might be going downhill.

Hopefully its just a rough patch in the road to success Cheesy
cHoCo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

I wonder how dooglus feels like, he pushed this thing from the start, always fighting for them...even signature he had for a month and now this BS

He should give you negative trust instead of that positive you have now, or at lease delete it!

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:21:29 PM

But 1 thing doesn't add up to DiceBitcoin's story. Why wouldn't the new guy just implement a code to auto withdraw a little bit in the hot wallet every now and then (draining it completely over time).. Doesn't add up.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

That sounds shady as fuck, in my opinion. Whether it's true or not- I don't know. But it seems Awfully suspicious that one of your people just happened to let slip today in chat that a "new worker had been given access to the code."  

If this is true- Name this developer.
If what you say is true then He (or she) is directly to blame for stealing from us. If that really happened then let's hear who it is, throw them to the wolves and we can question the legitimacy of this person ourself. And then of course you would be helping the community by letting us know who is a dirty scamming thief, and to prevent future projects involving this individual.

Also- where can I see a full list of all bets made from both roberto.bernier and esteban.davis, my 2 accounts?
I can only check the last 100 or so unless I'm missing something. There did seem to be a few abnormally long losing streaks late last night/early this morning. I stayed up all night gambling on DB. I can attest to the fact that it seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary yesterday, but there was a patch at some point early morning hours here that it seemed that the "All Bets" tab was red, including streaks of mine. I would just like to be able to check, I don't know for certain if it was right or wrong. Maybe mine weren't as affected because I'm not a whale.

-snarlpill

P.S. - If you are really honest, and had nothing to do with this, then just ride if out and don't go anywhere. Yes it will be a shitstorm for a long time, but if you right the wrongs then over time you can work on building up your dream again.

DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:23:46 PM

Well we use source control (git to be exact) and yes he had access to the code but he had no access to the database and he had no repository access. It was me that actually pushed the code to the production branch without reviewing as I was supposed to. I am really sorry for all of this.

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
Stars

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:26:49 PM

Well we use source control (git to be exact) and yes he had access to the code but he had no access to the database and he had no repository access. It was me that actually pushed the code to the production branch without reviewing as I was supposed to. I am really sorry for all of this.

How long until investors get their re-fund?

RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:29:04 PM

@DB This does not refute what you say?

https://i.imgur.com/SJvuc1Q.png

You have discrepancy sentences.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
m19

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:30:15 PM

How long until investors get their re-fund?

I think investors won more money because of this? Investors keep what they earned and players get paid out of Dicebitco.in owner's pockets?
zdaz14

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:30:32 PM

That sounds shady as fuck, in my opinion. Whether it's true or not- I don't know. But it seems Awfully suspicious that one of your people just happened to let slip today in chat that a "new worker had been given access to the code."  

If what you say is true then He (or she) is directly to blame for stealing from us. If that really happened then let's hear who it is, throw them to the wolves and we can question the legitimacy of this person ourself. And then of course you would be helping the community by letting us know who is a dirty scamming thief, and to prevent future projects involving this individual.

Also- where can I see a full list of all bets made from both roberto.bernier and esteban.davis, my 2 accounts?
I can only check the last 100 or so unless I'm missing something. There did seem to be a few abnormally long losing streaks late last night/early this morning. I stayed up all night gambling on DB. I can attest to the fact that it seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary yesterday, but there was a patch at some point early morning hours here that it seemed that the "All Bets" tab was red, including streaks of mine. I would just like to be able to check, I don't know for certain if it was right or wrong. Maybe mine weren't as affected because I'm not a whale.

-snarlpill

P.S. - If you are really honest, and had nothing to do with this, then just ride if out and don't go anywhere. Yes it will be a shitstorm for a long time, but if you right the wrongs then over time you can work on building up your dream again.

He's on now pulling money out of cold storage to refund to people who ask for it.

Personally I will keep betting and investing there. He fessed up to the employee stealing, basically, is refunding and helping check accounts to make sure skips didn't happen, etc. he didn't take the 7000 BTC and run, he is working to make it right with accounts that were effected.

Everyone, just because you lost doesn't mean you were robbed. It means you suck at gambling. Very few were actually effected.
zdaz14

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:32:43 PM

@DB These do not refute what you say?

https://i.imgur.com/SJvuc1Q.png
https://i.imgur.com/Aao5YWI.png

You have discrepancy sentences.

Shame there is no date on those images lol.

But really, the new guy could have been a contract hire that gets paid X shares per hour when he's needed. Not really part of the team then
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:33:34 PM

-snarlpill

He's on now pulling money out of cold storage to refund to people who ask for it.

Personally I will keep betting and investing there. He fessed up to the employee stealing, basically, is refunding and helping check accounts to make sure skips didn't happen, etc. he didn't take the 7000 BTC and run, he is working to make it right with accounts that were effected.

Everyone, just because you lost doesn't mean you were robbed. It means you suck at gambling. Very few were actually effected.

You cant "suck at gambling" lol, its 100% luck with a 1% house edge. So you will lose eventually.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

But 1 thing doesn't add up to DiceBitcoin's story. Why wouldn't the new guy just implement a code to auto withdraw a little bit in the hot wallet every now and then (draining it completely over time).. Doesn't add up.

Because he knew that we do have a really robust way of checking wallet transactions and he will get caught in a sec.

-snarlpill

I don't think by naming that person I will prove anything. He is not directly to blame, most of this is on us. You can check all the bets under "my account" page.

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
zdaz14

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:39:25 PM

-snarlpill

You cant "suck at gambling" lol, its 100% luck with a 1% house edge. So you will lose eventually.

Depends on your bet percentage. If you lose X in a row odds will increase that your bet will come up and win soon (or vice versa). You can play small and then bet big when you think and then small again. At least that's how I tripled my original starting BTC. You have to use your brain. Don't double bets on every lose. Etc.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:41:27 PM

I don't think by naming that person I will prove anything. He is not directly to blame, most of this is on us. You can check all the bets under "my account" page.
Any way to navigate those bets more quickly. I am trying to go back to my first bets of about 1.5 weeks ago but in order to that I have to click 'older' a shitload of times.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: