Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 565300 times)
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:51:40 AM

How about IPO is no longer allowed.So many scammers!

Indeed, look at this... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703610.0
Full ICO.
That guy had balls to post with his real account.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:08:36 PM

I am so glad the onslaught of mining pool advertising has been dealt with!  Roll Eyes

I mean...how did we ever make it through a thread without seeing WHAT FUCKING POOLS WERE AVAILABLE?!?!

Sarcasm aside...this is a dumb fucking idea when there are obviously other things to be dealt with.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:23:39 PM

^^^
  get rid of the bigass sig files next please.

minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:27:53 PM

I see good and bad points from this.

The good mainly being that it might help to get rid of a lot of the "fly by night" pools that don't really offer much and/or are scams. Plus it stops some pools from over spamming threads.

The bad..

It's really going to centralize the altcoin sector much more than it already is. Smaller pools, like ourselves, struggle to get many workers as it is, and I'm guessing it's going to be much, much less from this point forwards. We HAVE to keep reminding users in threads that our pool is there, and the features we offer, or we simply don't get noticed. For example, our pool charges 0.75% for fees, which is one of the lowest around.. but in most OPs you won't see that detail - only in our ad where we list our main advantages.

What I can see happening is basically the hashrate on the few big pools, Dedicated, Suprnova, Suchpool etc, is going to increase and all the other pools are going to get fewer and fewer workers.

Why not make it so each pool can post once in each thread with their ad.. any more than once and it's spam. I don't see the problem with allowing one "ad" each. It's still not ideal for smaller pools like us but it's a bit of a compromise at least.
+1 This would be a whole lot better.

SecondsOld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

The good mainly being that it might help to get rid of a lot of the "fly by night" pools that don't really offer much and/or are scams. Plus it stops some pools from over spamming threads.

The bad..

It's really going to centralize the altcoin sector much more than it already is. Smaller pools, like ourselves, struggle to get many workers as it is, and I'm guessing it's going to be much, much less from this point forwards. We HAVE to keep reminding users in threads that our pool is there, and the features we offer, or we simply don't get noticed. For example, our pool charges 0.75% for fees, which is one of the lowest around.. but in most OPs you won't see that detail - only in our ad where we list our main advantages.

What I can see happening is basically the hashrate on the few big pools, Dedicated, Suprnova, Suchpool etc, is going to increase and all the other pools are going to get fewer and fewer workers.

Why not make it so each pool can post once in each thread with their ad.. any more than once and it's spam. I don't see the problem with allowing one "ad" each. It's still not ideal for smaller pools like us but it's a bit of a compromise at least.
+1 This would be a whole lot better.

+2.  This should be the compromise and the solution.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

The bad..

i was thinking of the one post idea too.. sounds reasonable to me.
also utilize your Sig here guy Wink
you mentioned pool "details" but did not put those details in your sig lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:12:15 PM

The bad..

i was thinking of the one post idea too.. sounds reasonable to me.
also utilize your Sig here guy Wink
you mentioned pool "details" but did not put those details in your sig lol

Good call  Wink

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

A few thoughts as both a pool op and a miner.

Pools should be allowed to post ONCE per thread that they are going to support the coin in the thread, any more they should be banned. I don't feel that just posting in the thread talking about the coin, hoping others read their sig to check the pool's mining thread is fair at all.  I agree that the huge pool posts, and pool spamming needed to stop, but this rule takes it to the extreme is is too far.

Second, if a coin is having an issue (blockchain fork, hard fork, etc) pools should be able to post in the thread to say the have updated to the new code, are now on the correct fork, etc.  Having to jump between the coin's ann thread and the pools mining thread when there's an issue will do more harm then good to the miner's trying to get info on where to mine. 

Putting the dev in charge of updating the OP is bad for two reasons (already stated, but needs to be said again).  This allows the dev way to much power in what pools he/she wants to have support the coin, and could make or break a pool depending on if the coin is successful and the dev decides not to list it, or didn't see the pool's PM.  During a launch, the dev should be concentrating on making sure the coin and it's network are operating as expected, and not having to check their PM's every 5 min to see if pool want's to support the coin or not. The dev has enough to worry about already and this will only make their job that much harder. (the good dev's that is)

What about multipool's who's soul purpose is to support that coin?  Are they allowed to post update, etc, or does it too need to have it's own tread in the mining section?

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:06:04 PM

A few thoughts as both a pool op and a miner.

Pools should be allowed to post ONCE per thread that they are going to support the coin in the thread, any more they should be banned. I don't feel that just posting in the thread talking about the coin, hoping others read their sig to check the pool's mining thread is fair at all.  I agree that the huge pool posts, and pool spamming needed to stop, but this rule takes it to the extreme is is too far.

Second, if a coin is having an issue (blockchain fork, hard fork, etc) pools should be able to post in the thread to say the have updated to the new code, are now on the correct fork, etc.  Having to jump between the coin's ann thread and the pools mining thread when there's an issue will do more harm then good to the miner's trying to get info on where to mine. 

Putting the dev in charge of updating the OP is bad for two reasons (already stated, but needs to be said again).  This allows the dev way to much power in what pools he/she wants to have support the coin, and could make or break a pool depending on if the coin is successful and the dev decides not to list it, or didn't see the pool's PM.  During a launch, the dev should be concentrating on making sure the coin and it's network are operating as expected, and not having to check their PM's every 5 min to see if pool want's to support the coin or not. The dev has enough to worry about already and this will only make their job that much harder. (the good dev's that is)

What about multipool's who's soul purpose is to support that coin?  Are they allowed to post update, etc, or does it too need to have it's own tread in the mining section?

Good points. This is definitely more advantageous for the larger pools. I'm not sure of the process, but I've seen pools listed on the very first announcement. Maybe they reached out to the coin dev after the pre announcement?

cassius69

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

pools ops were drowning the forum in spam.  Grin

ThePeePs

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:44:50 PM

I agree, many were posting sometimes two times per page, and it was very obnoxious and it does need to stop.  But not letting them post ONCE in the thread that they are going to support a coin, or being allow to post updates when they are needed is not what is needed to curb the spam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:53:05 PM

I agree, many were posting sometimes two times per page, and it was very obnoxious and it does need to stop.  But not letting them post ONCE in the thread that they are going to support a coin, or being allow to post updates when they are needed is not what is needed to curb the spam.

I agree, pools need to be allowed to post at least ONCE to announce the pool's services. And TROLLS are definitely spamming the forums, they need to be banned too.

mycryptocoin

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:41:59 PM

Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

I don't like that rule at all. Why not just limit pool announcements to one post/thread? Was this decision made by only one mod? This rule has almost no advantages, coin devs, miners and pools all profit from non spammy announcements. Boo! Veto!

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:42:46 PM

Advertising mining pools is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, altcoin announcement threads.  Mining pool ops should make one thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Do not make a separate thread for each coin. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

lol, bitcointalk.org - we dont deal with scam but with ads... made my day!

ThePeePs

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:08:36 AM

This is the kind of thing that should be banned... just saw it on three different threads.  And looking at their post history they put it on many other threads too..

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BadBear (OP)
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

Yes, report spam like that as well.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:56:51 AM

Thumbs down. And I don't have any affiliation with any pool now or in the past... ever.
SecondsOld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:05:52 AM

this is bullshit rule that fucks over those of us who want to find pool fast and grab some of the first low difficulty coins, i don't want to be checking the mining subforum or waiting for dev to get pm and add to op, this only wastes time and allows ppl with their own mining hardware and insiders to get more of the easy coins

its only spam when pool owner post their link in the same thread multiple times, don't see the problem allowing them to post once

+1

+2.  Very well said and I think it echos the sentiments of the majority.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

thumbs up

Kiss ass.

is like powerfull country s once its people start speaking the true they shutthem up, i though Crypto World was for freedom...

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:30:47 AM

Exchange spam can be bad too !

when this guy posted.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg7447089#msg7447089
i laughed so hard LOL

it's a fake coin topic i made in the nooby section / jail back when you had to post in there first.
it was pretty much my first post here and there was never any real intention or actual files.
Although "Zack" had cleaned up deleting negative posts that i found funny and pm'd me "in case i was serious" lol
I thought it was funny because my fake psuedo-ann topic had all rael info copied from real coins and real people
and the part where i said i quit my job to "do altcoins" was taken from a well known Cryptsy user who said that to me on chat.
ok i am gettin' side tracked ROFL's LOL

Point being is that the exchange Comkort posted on that link earlier they added my coin.. my coin didn't exist !
and when i did a search i found the guy had spammed that same comment / post all over the forum.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: