Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74270 times)
mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:53:37 PM

Thank you for news...!

I hope that GRN will eventually grow.

I just undermine occasionally on your pool when there are no crowds...

How did you cards to get to +130 000 kh/s with 1 worker ?  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:23:15 PM

Thank you for news...!

I hope that GRN will eventually grow.

I just undermine occasionally on your pool when there are no crowds...

How did you cards to get to +130 000 kh/s with 1 worker ?  Tongue

no problem mik57 ...

there are a couple of ways this can be done ...

- set your workers with the same workername and same password to the same pool ... this is very innefficient and can be cumbersome for the pool - which will probably block the ip for a short while ... dont go this way ...
- set the workers each with individual names and passwords and point them to a third-party ( like mintsy ) - and create a single worker through them - then mine using that one worker ... thats one way we do it ...
- set the workers each with individual names and passwords and point them to a stratum proxy ( like slush or stratehm proxies ) and get the proxy to mine as one entity ... this is the other way we do it ...

the mintsy way of mining is the preferred way - as the miner can also be available for rent via mintsy ...

our farm is setup through mintsy in just that way - where we can allocate the farm as a whole - or segments of the farm to be available for rent at a specified price ... or make the farm unavailable if we want to mine certain pools / coins and dont want to be interrupted by being rented out ...

check it out if you like - https://www.mintsy.co/ ...

the only real drawback of using mintsy ( apart from issues that arise as its still in beta test ) is that you cannot use mintsy to mine through nicehash or yaamp type of pools ... the mintsy stratum and the nicehash / yaamp stratums are incompatible with the extranonce2 bit in the stratum protocol ...

but most other pools are completely fine ...

the other really great option is to have the 'worker' that you set on mintsy mine various pools that you setup in a round-robin style of mining ... upto 5 pools can be set that way - as long as they are the same algorithm ... thefarm is usually set to x11 mining so we have a huge variety of choice as to where we mine and how much hashrate we can throw into one or more pools ...

thats whay you see at times on the granitecoin pool - we will have 130MH or 250MH or a bit more - mining away granitecoin ...

#crysx

mik57

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:50:11 AM

Your pool is down ?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 02:00:00 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 02:35:27 PM by chrysophylax

Your pool is down ?

no mik57 ... the pool is still running smoothly ...

are you using the old granitecoinx domain? ...

the pool is using its own domain now - not the one that was put up temporarily ( which was the granitecoinx ) ... just drop the 'x' in the domain url of your miner ... all other details are exactly the same ...

i thought that was updated on the op? ...

ive been very ill the last couple of days - and still am very ill at the moment ... ive only just popped in for a few minutes ...

if the op is still not updated with the new details - ill get to it when im back on track in a couple of days ...

apologies for the inconvenience - if that is the case ...

over the next few weeks - we will have a few changes finalized as well ... including the changes to the current mpos pool - a new multipool ( when the servers are stable ) - website - and a few others ...

updates will follow as we get them done ...

edit - i just checked and none of the changes that were supposed to have been done last week are there ... so ill get the changes organized as soon as i possibly can ...

our apologies for the messup here ...

we are no longer using the granitecoinx.com domain - only the granitecoin.com domain ... so anything you have ( including the seednodes ) that have granitecoinx.com - please change to granitecoin.com ...

#crysx

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 06:50:01 PM

OK chrysophylax....I'm finally here to take a look at GraniteCoin. Seems a pretty straight forward x11 algo. So, convince me what is special about it. Without me going in and checking and 'cuz you probably know, where does it lie in it's blockchain? Big question: What pool of 'HONEST' ops would you recommend for mining? Is it worth the ROI to mine /w just 3Mh or am I better buying on the exchanges? Oh...that's a good one too; what exchanges is GRN listed on?

I think you get my meanings here. Not belittling, I'd just like to know why GRN would be a good move? You've seen me on a number of different threads and know I have my hands in a little of everything. Who are the big holders and how much do they have? What can I get from GRN? ETC, etc,etc....fill me in.

Thanks much for your time and any replies!!

Happy mining or trading.   Grin

CapnBDL   Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:45:34 PM

I would like to see the paper wallet of this coin. but when opening the link http://wallet.forfree.cc/granite/ always fails with "This webpage is not available". please if there is an error? thank
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 08:14:55 AM

I would like to see the paper wallet of this coin. but when opening the link http://wallet.forfree.cc/granite/ always fails with "This webpage is not available". please if there is an error? thank

im glad you have brought that to my attention ... tanx ...

ill see if i can find another way of getting it done - as that site was the only one that had the granitecoin paper wallets that i knew of ...

ill get that on the list of things that need to be done when i get back to work on it all ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 09:28:18 AM

OK chrysophylax....I'm finally here to take a look at GraniteCoin. Seems a pretty straight forward x11 algo. So, convince me what is special about it. Without me going in and checking and 'cuz you probably know, where does it lie in it's blockchain? Big question: What pool of 'HONEST' ops would you recommend for mining? Is it worth the ROI to mine /w just 3Mh or am I better buying on the exchanges? Oh...that's a good one too; what exchanges is GRN listed on?

I think you get my meanings here. Not belittling, I'd just like to know why GRN would be a good move? You've seen me on a number of different threads and know I have my hands in a little of everything. Who are the big holders and how much do they have? What can I get from GRN? ETC, etc,etc....fill me in.

Thanks much for your time and any replies!!

Happy mining or trading.   Grin

CapnBDL   Cool

yay capnbdl ...

its an honor to have you here also ...

my sincerest of apologies that i have not responded any sooner - but i was very ill ( and still am very ill - but much more functional than i was ) and could not leave the house - let alone get into the office and do any work at all ...

you bring to the table some very good questions and a couple have been answered in earlier posts - but ill try and briefly re-iterate so i dont bore the hell out of you with explanations ... also - i have not taken ANY of this as belittling or an attack in anyway ... they are valid honest questions ...

so - whats so special about granitecoin? ... well - simply put - it achieved what it set out to do ( unlike so many coins out there today ) ... be a miners coin - hence the very long PoW - which can be accessible to the mining community at large and the general user / trader at the same time ... no false promises of anything that cannot be delivered ... just a simple solid stable coin that can be mined and traded and used ...

i am unsure if you know the history here - but i took over the coin itself - not designed or coded it ... i wasnt the dev of the coin ...

to cut a long story extremely short - the original owner commissioned a coin dev to design the coin using a mining algorithm that was favorable to miners AND extensive to the mining community ... x11 won hands down back then - which is why it is a straight forward x11 algo with nothing more than that implemented ( holding true to the 'miners coin' tribute ) ...

so to that end - it succeeded in what it set out to do ...

the issue was - that something happened in the background with the dev and the owner - and nothing more was developed for the coin ... as with most 'new' coins - naysayers and a great deal of 'FUD' was thrown around the place ... which caused a great deal of grief for the owner of the coin at the time ... apart from the fact the he had other things on his agenda - and personal dealings he had to take care of ... so i stepped forward - with no idea what i was getting myself into - to take 'ownership' of the network and design ...

now - i had been mining this coin from ( almost ) the very beginning ... after all - im a miner Wink ...

what i didnt realize was that the original owner didnt agree to - was the release of the domain and the servers ( seednodes ) and website - amongst other things ... this left me with the 'official' takeover - but not much else ... not even the contacts for the coin dev or any passwords for access to any of the servers ... he was very helpful at the time of the transition and helped organize a few things to ease the transition - but left me with starting so many things from scratch and no accessibility to the accounts that he held ...

so i went at it just the same ...

i setup seednode servers - i setup a search for a new logo - i setup ( and got a lot of help from ) arrangements with great community members utilizing their skills in various ways - like a mining pool - i organized ( and was very thankful that they took it on ) an exchange adoption ... what i also found was that unless it was under the 'control' of granitecoin itself - it would not survive at all - let alone grow ...

so here we are - slowly and organically growing ...

we now have the domain ( www.granitecoin.com ) back in our control - we have our own mining pool based on mpos ( grn-pool.granitecoin.com ) - we have been trading for quite sometime ( since bittrex dropped us ) on bleutrade ( https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC ) and they have been great ... i have been in conversations with logo and website developers and am currently in talks with a coin developer that is looking into the code ... alongside the plans for the market system and a new multipool setup ( which i am currently seeking a dev for the yaamp clone install ( i need two installations currently ) - of which have had no success as yet ) - the back end is growing considerably ...

since the bronchial illness of three weeks now ( and still continuing ) - i have done almost nothing with the setup - with the discussions / negotiations - with the other projects ( like the donation mining links for devs ) ... but i will be back on track this week - hopefully tomorrow - in getting all of the components finalized ...

not forgetting i am a miner Wink ... and own a farm of considerable growing potential ... thefarm will tie into this all of this also - but i wont be publishing what or how until the very last component of this puzzle is put into place ...

it is still quite a bit down the track - but i am doing a great deal of this on my own - with help here and there ( with payment of course to those that i need to commission the jobs i cant do ) from those that can help and can do their respective jobs ...

this weeks plan ... to have the OP updated - to have the donation mining links up and running and published ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ) - to have started the new search for a good logo designer - to further discussions with the coin dev for the ideas that i would like implemented in the wallet and the backend - and find a good web dev to setup ( initially ) a basic web site ...

as for the facts and figures - well one of the better places to find most of those is at fairglu cryptoid - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/grn/ ...

the major holders of the granitecoin are all there in the richlist - and i have asked fairglu to tag those that i know of ... the major holder of the coin WAS me - as im still mining this coin and always will and have never dumped the coin ( or any coin that i mine for that matter ) - but i have donated almost all of my funds to the granitecoin pool due to a change in the mining of the pool that i will implement very soon ... zero fees for mining at the pool - with a few structural changes to the pool itself - and the major change of a reward of 7 granitecoin bonus ( ongoing and not changing ) for the finder of every block that is mined on grn-pool ... this may be increased to 70 coins as an initial bonus and lowered later on a specific date - but that is yet to be decided ...

the other major holders are coinking ( mining pool ) and aikapool ( mining pool ) and bleutrade ( exchange ) wallets - but they could be almost anyone involved in the holding of those coins ...

the most recent addition of granitecoin to their arsenal of mining x11 coins is http://hashpower.co/ ... that addition was done only a few weeks ago ...

i couldnt tell you any of the others ... i just dont know ... although i still hold and add grn to my personal wallet also - which is in the top ten richlist ...

i am unsure if that answers all of your questions - but it is a rundown of the brief history and continuing development ( albeit very slow development ) of granitecoin ...

i believe that granitecoin still has a long way to go - and still has a lot of maturity to take on ... but i also believe its not just the coin or tech that is behind the 'value' of any coin - its also ( and predominantly ) its usefulness ... if it has no use - it is a coin that is just there for the sake of being ... that is something i have no intention of letting happen to granitecoin ...

but of course - there is the community and the steady growing interest in granitecoin that makes it a solid stable yet simple coin to mine trade and use ...

if you need help - there are always ways of contact ... from here ( bct ) to twitter ( my account as the original owner still has the original granitecoin account ) to facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/granitecoin ) to irc on #granitecoin ...

i can start you off with some grn if you pm me your wallet address ... its easy to install - and now that we have the www.granitecoin.com domain back in our ownership - you will not need the .conf file unless you want to solomine ... the hardcoded seednodes of the wallet will work automatically as long as you have full internet connectivity and no firewall blocking the ports ...

have fun - and let me know if i can help with anything at all mate ...

#crysx

mik57

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:13:28 PM

Goodluck crysx !

Take care of yourself...
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 01:35:49 AM

Goodluck crysx !

Take care of yourself...

tanx mik57 ...

im still ill - so wont be in the office today either ... will try for tomorrow ...

too much work piling up ... need to get through it soon ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 04:48:27 AM

hi all ...

a copy and paste from the donation link site - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.0 ...

-------

ive recovered after 3 courses of antibiotics - just finishing yesterday ...

its now monday and im on track again ...

quite a few developments and a lot happening ...

the donation servers are all functional - all active - all ready ...

now to publish the details and organize the final tweaks to the systems ...

i have been in talks with the coin core dev for granitecoin - and the logo / web dev for the new logo and graphics including the website for granitecoin ...

all of these things will be all tied in with the donation links - and thefarm has a role to play in all this also ... which means the two multipools are what i want to be working on next ...

all happening this week - and with a little luck and some damn hard work - we can have everything started this week - and fully functional by next week ...

ill copy the body of this to the granitecoin thread also ... and when the donation links are published - will copy it into the cccminer-spmod thread and the sgminer-dev thread ...

so good to be back online again ...

-------

further to this - i will be updating the OP to the current events and current details ... this will mean that by the end of the week - we should be back on the wagon and heading for the horizon Wink ...

a few ideas for the new wallet has come into play as well - but the details of this will only be implemented once the code has been 'cleaned up' and brought to todays level ...

so structurally it will be recoded - and asthetically it will have some modifications ...

this will also bring about the new logo - and the new website ... which will be in its basic form for the time being - but will continually take form into a full comprehensive site ...

any changes that will happen - will be done at the steady pace that the devs and i can operate ... so if you are reading this - and have supported us thus far - we have some good things happening in the next few weeks ... and some great things getting done in the next few months ...

the integration of thefarm into the equation will make for a seamless expreience once its all finished ...

im certainly going full steam ahead with the devs and designers and partners in this enterprise - and as we establish one piece at a time of this amazing and changing puzzle - we will bring you the news when it comes about ...

njoi the mining - njoi the trading - njoi the fun ...

#crysx

logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 07:39:11 AM

A lot of work is done behind the scene! i mean a lot!

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 10:14:00 AM

A lot of work is done behind the scene! i mean a lot!

quite right ...

and all will be revealed very shortly - i hope ...

its all in the details - and all the details need to be correct and accurate ... im too much a stckler for those sorts of things - as you know ...

in any case - its all work and no play for the time being ... except for tomorrow - there is time off for personal stuff to be finished - then back on wednesday ... Smiley ...

#crysx

mik57

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:46:07 PM

Hi Crysx, your pool is down ?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 05:29:06 PM

Hi Crysx, your pool is down ?

it was - yes ...

for some reason the server it was sitting on slowed down to a snails pace ... its a vps on a damn good service and has a good uptime rate - so i dont know what it was that caused it ...

but ive reset and restarted the pool and stratum and all is well now mate ...

happy mining ...

btw - quite a few things happening recently in the backend - which will be public very soon ...

ill update in a day or so - when i can get each component working and active ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 02:33:29 AM

hi all ...

an issue arose with the aws systems that are the home of the mining pool and stratum proxies ...

it killed mining for many hours - and as i worked through the night and morning to fix ALL the issues - it is back on line and running well ...

we are keeping an eye on it to make sure that if there is any issues over the next few days - we can and will rectify it ...

as for the progress of the backend ... well - its moving along very well - and actually quicker than we expected ... a few more adjustments and additions and we will have it all ready ...

the OP will be completely updated so that it reflects all the changes we have made ... there are too many corrections that are required in the OP and ill make sure its my job to have it up to date by the weeks end ...

as usual - ill update you all very soon ...

mine - trade - have fun ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 11:04:57 AM

hi all ...

3 new servers have been commissioned and these will act as the new nodes for the grn network and backbone ...

the nodes will be built next week and commissioned when the blockchain syncs to each and every node ...

these nodes will also be the forerunner for the changes to the grn code - and will house the newest daemons and features ...

we are building a MORE solid network backbone to compliment the stable coin system we have running today ...

there will be no interruption that anyone will see / feel within the network as the changeover all passive and decentralized - as it should be Smiley ...

back with more updates in a few days ...

#crysx

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:10:23 PM

Good to see you're still on it!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:33:06 AM

Good to see you're still on it!

i am jonesd ...

though the wallet will takes some time ...

there will be a few changes before that anyway - as i believe the stability from the backend is much more important at this juncture in the changes ...

and tanx Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 07:29:25 AM

hi all ...

just updated the OP with some new inshights and details ...

more will come - and next week will be the start of something very new for us ...

the implementation ( and ultimately integration ) of a few components of theplan is coming along as expected - and we have good news to publish ...

the section - thenew - theold - thecurrent - contains the current status of granite and will be updated accordingly as the news breaks ...

we are working hard to bring the components online and active when they become available ...

for now - its all in the basics ... the logo and the graphics and the website ... simple and clean and usable ...

the website is the one stop where all the components will come together as they are brought online ...

it will change and morph into what will become the granite base or home ...

finalizing the donations link servers to get oline and will update the OP there also within the next 24hours - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

ill be back with more soon ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: