Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74270 times)
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 05:14:19 PM

Hi,
did you mean something like this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

Hi,
did you mean something like this?

wow ... though the X looks more like an intrusion than an addition huh?

can it be the original (1) - without the X (3) - with the inside of the second one (2) please?

Smiley

crysx

Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:27:53 AM

Took me quite long to get that "X" done, I'll keep it for future use  Smiley

Here is what you asked for I think

And I kept on working on the metal borders, the granite and some details and came up with this

Cheers

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

Took me quite long to get that "X" done, I'll keep it for future use  Smiley

Here is what you asked for I think

And I kept on working on the metal borders, the granite and some details and came up with this

Cheers

they are both very nice ...

now that you have worked on the latter - the metal borders and the metal 'G' are perfect ...

the contrast would be great (in my opinion) with the very first one that you created (granite color and texture) ...

using those with the granite/center/gear of the first i believe would be outstanding ... the logo could scale down or up in resolution and would be perfect for the new wallet and granitecoin itself ...

what do you think?

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:55:44 AM

hi all ...

granitecoin is now LIVE on bleutrade ...

for all those that have grn - come trade ...
for all those that want grn - come trade ...
for all those that mine grn - come trade ...

the opportunity for grn is still HUGE ... there are still many coins left to mint in the network and so many more opportunities to use/trade grn ...

so mine or trade or both ... everyone is welcome ...

see you at bleutrade ... https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

100,000 GRN in the next bonus block? ...

hmmm ... who is gonna hit that block next ...

not long now ... Wink

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:48:38 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:16:47 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

some progress has been made towards the mining and further stability of the coin ...

permanent miners have been implemented - which means that grn will ALWAYS be mined and minted ( for as long as there are coins of course ) ...

bleutrade ( https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC ) has had little trade - but its nice to see that movement is still happening ... slowly but surely is the best way ...

other minng sites have been identified and i have been checking them out ... with both the farm and by watching others mine ...

a major update to the OP is coming soon - as there have been changes that not many know have happened ...

the next intention is to get the website up and running - no matter how basic it may be ...

if there is any help anyone can put forward - it would be very much appreciated - as im a network/infrastructure guy and not a web designer ... Smiley

and tanx for all those that havent just turned their back on this - and have actually helped out so far ... you interest and help is invaluable - even if its just a matter of mining grn ...

more updates soon ...

crysx

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:40:18 PM

im new here it looks interesting
i downloaded the wallet
but its not syncing is it me i need to let it run some
or is there something i need to do
im just a newbie i guess
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:41:48 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 06:19:41 AM by chrysophylax

im new here it looks interesting
i downloaded the wallet
but its not syncing is it me i need to let it run some
or is there something i need to do
im just a newbie i guess

hi greatorchid ... and welcome ... Smiley

the wallet wont sync due to the change in seednodes ... you can however change where the wallet initially looks for the seednodes ...

the seednodes are only a 'kickstart' more than anything - just to get the wallet active and start syncing ... after the initial data that the wallet needs to start - the seednodes are not 'needed' as such - unless you start a new wallet again ...

i will put together a 'howto' soon - but for now just follow these instructions ...

if you can follow the next steps - you should have your wallet running ...

1 - if you download the wallet and you have already got coins in the wallet then you NEED to save the 'wallet.dat' file from the previous folder located in the folder that you had run the granitecoin wallet from ... then replace the wallet.dat file of the new wallet with the old wallet.dat ...

if you dont have coins in the wallet - dont worry about saving your old 'wallet.dat' file - as the new one will be fine for the new wallet ...

once you have done that - you need to locate the folder that the granitecoin database/blockchain are held ...

- in windows these files are held in \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GraniteCoin\

then you need to create the 'granitecoin.conf' file and copy the following into the file -

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=21776
port=21777
gen=0
server=1
addnode=54.79.112.101
addnode=54.79.125.5
addnode=54.79.71.67

save that file and make sure it is actually 'granitecoin.conf' and NOT 'granitecoin.conf.txt' as windows settings hide the .txt extension by default ( which you can change in the folder settings in the control panel )...

once you have done that - run the granitecoin wallet again and wait for the sync to finish - this should take about an hour or less depending on the internet speed you have ...

2 - if you have followed the previous steps AND you are using the original wallet.dat file - then the blockchain will be downlaoded and you will receive your coins as an update while the wallet finishes its sync ...

3 - the previous steps will fix this issue ... the 'granitecoin.conf' file NEEDS the updated addnode=xxx parameters ...

i hope this helps - and is clear for you to follow ...

btw - im currently mining on coinking ( https://coinking.io/coin.php?coin=granitecoin ) as the guys on coinking have made huge improvements to the site and the stratum/management system - which makes for a better seamless mining experience ... at times i mine at zpool ( http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ) and dedicatedpool ( http://grn.v2.dedicatedpool.com/index.php ) and coinmine ( http://www.coinmine.pw/poolinfo.php?coinid=86 ) if i just want a non-exchangeable pure granitecoin mining experience and just want to hold grn in my wallet ... but mainly its coinking now as its as easy as setting the workers to mine what coin anytime ( and from anywhere ) via the worker page ...

also - a BIG YAY for grn - we are on bleutrade Smiley (https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC ) ... so you can start trading as soon as you get your wallet running ...

let me know if you still run into issues ...

but most of all - have fun ...

crysx

allknowingeye

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:09:24 AM

The value of this coin seemed to fall off the table yesterday from 200 Satoshi down to 3 (that's what buyers are offering). What is happening with this, the website is dead, is this coin still alive? I know you can mine, but what's the point at 3?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:19:39 AM

The value of this coin seemed to fall off the table yesterday from 200 Satoshi down to 3 (that's what buyers are offering). What is happening with this, the website is dead, is this coin still alive? I know you can mine, but what's the point at 3?

hi allknowingeye ...

i see whats happening too ... its typical of a buy out to go at the lowest rate ...

if you notice the market history - its all been small sums ... 10 and 20 with the occasional 1000 or more ...

most coins go through a similar thing if people just want to dump the coins - which is fine if thats good for them ...

notice also that the buy order is set at 1 sat? and the lowest sell order is set at 100 sat ... seems to me a similar pattern that happened a while back ...

only 1 grn needs to be purchased from the sell order at 100sat to bring the 'value' back up to 100sat ( instead of the 3sat that it is at the moment ) ...

i am happy to purchase quite a few myself at a much higher rate - but anyone selling their grn as a dump will bring the price down to what it is now ...

its not an issue unless the nothing is done about it ... but i believe the market will pick up again ... Wink

i see you mine quite a bit on coinking ... i have also noticed that a few of the other sites ( dedicatedpool - zpool - coinmine ) have also had miners ...

thats a great thing to see - but dumping the coins wont do much in the way of price if thats all they are intending on doing ...

keep at it - have a great deal of fun while your at it - and let the market do what it does ... all will be well ... im a firm believer in stability by longevity ...

too many coins come and stay a very short time - then fall off by the way side ... grn has been here for a while and will continue as long as it can ...

lets watch what happens in the following weeks ...

crysx

allknowingeye

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

Well it's still pretty much worthless and sellers and buyers are a thousand miles apart. Most concerning is the low level of volume.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 08:29:30 AM

Well it's still pretty much worthless and sellers and buyers are a thousand miles apart. Most concerning is the low level of volume.

yes - there is a huge chasm between them ...

the volume is quite small - and so the value is negligible currently ...

but as with any coin - its only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it ... grn fluctuates tremendously - though like you said - volume is small ...

its a coin that i took over not very long ago - a learning project to be precise - in order for me to learn more about crypto and become a lot more proficient with coins in general ...

im happy and still smiling ... as this whole endeavor is an experience i dont get all that often ...

im a network and infrastructure consultant by trade - a businessman/entrepreneur in life - and now a miner and mining farm developer/builder ... nice big names ... Smiley

simply - an IT dude ... so its never been about the money for me - there is a huge amount of other coins that mine and convert easily to btc/usd/etc ... hence why i continue with this - and continue i will ... my learning experience wont stop here at grn ... this is the beginning ...

for as long as we can mine and trade grn - ill keep it alive as best i can ... i want ALL to have fun doing it ... no matter who you are ...

grn is a miners coin ... simple in design and structure - solid in algo - stable in mining and difficulty ...

its what attracted me to granitecoin in the first place - its simplicity ... no promises ... just a simple coin ...

trade WILL pick up - and eventually ( when i can devote much more resources and time to it ) - grn will be a worthy candidate for more than just trade ...

but until then - we will keep going and learning and putting as much effort into this as possible ...

if there is anything that you ( or anyone else ) is willing/can do - then lets do it ... always open to constructive suggestion and criticism ...

i appreciate all the help i can get ( obviously - hehehe ) - have had much - and never turn my back on any given ... but still have fun in the process ... thats really the goal - in anything any of us do ... at least for me anyway ... Smiley

your criticisms and suggestions are always taken on board ... and thats what makes this 'crypto-scene' as good as it is ... the brutal honesty ...

happy mining and trading mate ... smile heaps ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:10:50 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 04:21:34 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

hope today is a fantastic day for everyone ...

im working on getting a linux edition of the wallet running - as i have had many requests for it - and people are having a lot of trouble compiling the wallet under linux in general ...

depending on which version of linux you have will determine what is needed to get the wallet running ... so if any of you have a linux compiled version that is working - please let me know ...

i use fedora 20 - and in the past most have given up trying to compile it due to the restrictions that fedora and most redhat based systems have ...

after much research and internet trawling - the issue seems to be the openssl compilation ( specifically regarding secp256k1 curve ) that fedora ( and redhat based systems) distributes is the 'hobbled' version which is - simply put - the openssl version WITHOUT the secp256k1 coding ... this presents a big issue as secp256k1 is what satoshi initially used for the bitcoin wallet ( keys ) and so is inherent in just about every other derivative coin based on the bitcoin code - including granitecoin ...

this becomes a problem for the redhat based systems - as once the wallet is compiled - it doesnt actually run and drops in error due to the secp256k1 coding it CANT find in the openssl distribution ...

so i can try and use my limited and very rusty skills to compile ( more like 'hack' ) a qt version together - but will probably need some help along the way ...

this will be based on fedora 20 - but should work on most with the right versions of fedora and openssl ... but really - there are no promises or warranties ...

tanx to bitcointalk member newar ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=59184 ) for the point in the right direction yesterday ... it was a great help ...

im hacking away at it now ... Wink

so if anyone would like to help out by ideas or testing or just plain feedback - please let me know here or via pm - it will be appreciated ( which means give me your grn wallet address - hehehe ) ...

tanx ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:54:56 AM

all prepared ...

block 40000 about to hit ...

miners at the ready and cranking away ... Wink

have fun ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

only a short while before block 40000 ...

almost there guys ... Wink

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 12:43:39 PM

bonus block 40000 hit not long ago ...

100000 GRN to all mining that block on http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ...

congrats ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 03:31:07 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 03:54:31 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

just a notice to let you all know that mining has been switched off at coinmine ( http://www.coinmine.pw/poolinfo.php?coinid=86 ) ...

mining is still active at coinking ( https://coinking.io/dashboard.php?view=granitecoin ) and zpool ( http://www.zpool.co/pool/grn/x11 ) with dedicatedpool ( http://grn.v2.dedicatedpool.com ) having connection issues through their servers (and as yet have not repaired ) ...

so if you are still mining grn - the two active ones are still coinking and zpool ...

we are looking at various other strategies to keep a more permanent pool open thats actually owned by us - the granitiers Wink

though that is further down the track - we are open to all options and ideas ( and help if you have the skills or resources ) ...

the above pools are VERY proficient with what they do and have been VERY helpful in maintaining service to grn ... many tanx ...

keep mining and trading ... and smiling much ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 04:17:17 PM

hi all ...

i have successfully compiled the linux wallet for grn under fedora 20 x64 ... but not without some major hacking ...

if you are interested in testing the linux wallet ( which is GraniteCoin-qt ) then please let me know here - or pm me ...

the wallet seems stable but only if you patch the openssl installation OR create a separate installation ( and version ) of openssl ...

ill supply the details of what needs to be done in a fedora 20 ( and fedora 19/18 installs x64 as far as i know - still testing ) and most rhel based systems ...

tanx ...

crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 02:35:28 PM

hi all ...

after intensive testing in fedora 20 x64 - the grn wallet is stable and running beautifully ...

now to change the inbuilt pointer for the seednodes and a few other minor adjustments ... will need to get through some more testing after that ...

tanx to those who have tested this wallet - pm me your grn addresses and ill send you a nice amount as a thank you ... Wink

crysx

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: