Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The happy BTC circular donation thread  (Read 14622 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 07:13:54 AM

I don't know what amount I need but I am going to help the Earthquake Victims Of My Country With the Bitcoins! I already donated 0.155BTC to a group of volunteers working at Gorkha!Now I have no BTC's left! That 0.15 BTC were all earnings from signature campaigns and help from Jake! I can post pictures after the money has been received and relief materials has been bought with the bitcoins! I still didn't clearly get this thread! As far as I understand, I think this thread is for helping for good! If I am wrong, please feel free to delete my post!
BTC address: 12eZVGQXywuY1S42xXDojpJ9j1R52gSvLN
Thanks!

with due Time & Space (Love)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:29:24 AM

Thank you Vocain, for letting me participate in this great initiative. Congrats to Rpietila for the initial idea.

I live in an earthquake country. When I was a teenager I witnessed a huge earthquake in my hometown that killed 30 people (some of them my friends). The worst part was that people were desperate and had no access to 1st need things even a week after the earthquake.

I've decided to donate to the victims of the Earthquake my whole BTC (plus some mBTCs of my own). If anyone can help me find the best way these mBTCs find their cause, please post their donate address and I will redirect the amount to them.

Cheers and happy Labor day to everyone.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:46:59 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 10:59:24 AM by Sarthak

@Macsga As I told above, you can send it to that address! I will be changing it to western union or money gram and sending money to the volunteer teams working for the Earthquake Victims at Gorkha,Nepal! I can send you some pictures of the volunteer team if you like Smiley

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:29:50 PM

@Macsga As I told above, you can send it to that address! I will be changing it to western union or money gram and sending money to the volunteer teams working for the Earthquake Victims at Gorkha,Nepal! I can send you some pictures of the volunteer team if you like Smiley

BTC1.00453401 coming your way Sarthak. Use it the best way you can. Smiley

https://blockchain.info/ru/address/12eZVGQXywuY1S42xXDojpJ9j1R52gSvLN

Sarthak

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:32:45 PM

Wow! This is the largest donation I have ever got till now!
I will send you the pictures after the money has successfully transferred and I send it to the group of volunteers working at Gorkha! Thank you for the support towards my country Smiley

Edit: The money has been received! Will be transferring it to MoneyGram Now! Once again, I thought you were Joking but you weren't! Thanks a lot!
You want me to PM you some pictures of the volunteer team?

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:54:39 PM

Wow! This is the largest donation I have ever got till now!
I will send you the pictures after the money has successfully transferred and I send it to the group of volunteers working at Gorkha! Thank you for the support towards my country Smiley

Edit: The money has been received! Will be transferring it to MoneyGram Now! Once again, I thought you were Joking but you weren't! Thanks a lot!
You want me to PM you some pictures of the volunteer team?

I personally don't need any proof of concept. Money (in any form) doesn't make people happy. People make people happy with their good deeds. If I had more into that wallet, I'd donated more. Do your best. Smiley

Sarthak

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:33:29 PM

I personally don't need any proof of concept. Money (in any form) doesn't make people happy. People make people happy with their good deeds. If I had more into that wallet, I'd donated more. Do your best. Smiley

What kind of person are you?  Shocked
You wear a signature to earn little money and you donate all your money to help people you haven't evn seen?  Shocked
I really don't know how to thank you!
HUGE SALUTEEEEE!!

Maybe you don't have much money but you have the greatest heart! Really!

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:54:49 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 05:06:43 PM by vokain

What kind of person are you?  Shocked
You wear a signature to earn little money and you donate all your money to help people you haven't evn seen?  Shocked
I really don't know how to thank you!
HUGE SALUTEEEEE!!

Maybe you don't have much money but you have the greatest heart! Really!

This breaks my Heart :')
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

1BTC each (for now), should you choose to accept the responsibility.

rpietila will have to update the OP here with this magnanimity!

There's been a recent kerfuffle that there aren't enough women in Bitcoin.  I'd suggest the broader issue that there aren't enough people in Bitcoin... but that aside, one simple thing would be to put more bitcoin in the wallets/purses of... women in bitcoin, and so,

To make it even more fun, here are the twitter addresses so that you can use @changtip to send it which might further popularize this great idea of circular donations to even more folks.

So we can start with Victoria Van Eyk of @changetip and a few others I know and see where it goes from there:

50mXBT @victoriavaneyk
50mXBT @AnnaKNonE
50mXBT @BitcoinBelle
50mXBT @GiaJordan
50mXBT @mklords
50mXBT @ioptio
50mXBT @SkyCorridors
50mXBT @pinguino
50mXBT @queentatiana
50mXBT @bitcoinmama
50mXBT @julia_vaingurt
50mXBT @PerianneDC
50mXBT @BraveTheWorld
50mXBT @coin_artist
50mXBT @kymmer7691
50mXBT @conniegallippi
50mXBT @paigefreeman
50mXBT @haydentiff
50mXBT @Catheryne_N
50mXBT @rhian_is

Many of these women are involved with charities and all are good causes.  There are a LOT I've left out, but it is already getting to be so so many that it gets diluted to the point of not being so meaningful anyway.  

done, thank you for introducing to me ChangeTip too--took me some Time but great service!
Haydentiff

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:14:59 PM

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

rpietila will have to update the OP here with this magnanimity!

There's been a recent kerfuffle that there aren't enough women in Bitcoin.  I'd suggest the broader issue that there aren't enough people in Bitcoin... but that aside, one simple thing would be to put more bitcoin in the wallets/purses of... women in bitcoin, and so,

To make it even more fun, here are the twitter addresses so that you can use @changtip to send it which might further popularize this great idea of circular donations to even more folks.

So we can start with Victoria Van Eyk of @changetip and a few others I know and see where it goes from there:

50mXBT @victoriavaneyk
50mXBT @AnnaKNonE
50mXBT @BitcoinBelle
50mXBT @GiaJordan
50mXBT @mklords
50mXBT @ioptio
50mXBT @SkyCorridors
50mXBT @pinguino
50mXBT @queentatiana
50mXBT @bitcoinmama
50mXBT @julia_vaingurt
50mXBT @PerianneDC
50mXBT @BraveTheWorld
50mXBT @coin_artist
50mXBT @kymmer7691
50mXBT @conniegallippi
50mXBT @paigefreeman
50mXBT @haydentiff
50mXBT @Catheryne_N
50mXBT @rhian_is

Many of these women are involved with charities and all are good causes.  There are a LOT I've left out, but it is already getting to be so so many that it gets diluted to the point of not being so meaningful anyway.  

done, thank you for introducing to me ChangeTip too--took me some Time but great service!

Thank you!!!  This was so nice. Would anyone mind sharing their Twitter addresses so I can send out a #FF? I've never felt welcome on Bitcointalk (a little scared, actually...) although it's been a long time since I've visited.

Thanks again!
CountMyCrypto

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:29:20 PM

Hey, I'm seconding what Tiffany just said. I rarely post here but lurk quite a lot - I'm @rhian_is on the list. This thread is awesome!

Thanks so much for the tip... I'm not a good cause like so many of the others you listed, just a developer with a crypto application ;-) so I changetipped it on to Nepal.

Tipping makes everyone happy Smiley

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:48:40 PM

^^Good! We're glad to have everyone here Smiley
Sarthak

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:50:22 PM

This thread has helped many people! Seriously!
And Macsga I have sent them $220 or so via moneygram. I just 1 BTC but forgot to send the remaining 0.0084BTC! Can you provide me your address? I want to send it back to you! And yes I've told them to send me the required pictures!

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:52:53 AM

This thread has helped many people! Seriously!
And Macsga I have sent them $220 or so via moneygram. I just 1 BTC but forgot to send the remaining 0.0084BTC! Can you provide me your address? I want to send it back to you! And yes I've told them to send me the required pictures!

I'm not sure that I can even buy you a beer with this BTC0.0084 (=$1,9488 does this even buy a beer where you live ?) but I can offer you one if you 'll ever manage to get yourself in Greece. I don't need any money back, you can keep it for the hassle I've put you into doing all this. Thank you for your service and for the chance you, vocain and Rpietila gave me to do some good.

Take care. Smiley

Sarthak

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:26:06 AM

I'm not sure that I can even buy you a beer with this BTC0.0084 (=$1,9488 does this even buy a beer where you live ?) but I can offer you one if you 'll ever manage to get yourself in Greece. I don't need any money back, you can keep it for the hassle I've put you into doing all this. Thank you for your service and for the chance you, vocain and Rpietila gave me to do some good.

Take care. Smiley

Thank you so much  Roll Eyes

Actually I must thank you for donating the money to help the people of my country Smiley
And Yes, Pictures Coming Soon Smiley

psikolog

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

♦ SIMDAQ ♦

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:44:40 AM

The treatment of leukemia and cancer is an extremely expensive and tedious path- it exhausts even the wealthiest. We plan to prove with the complimentary treatment and education services we provide, that money is not a priority and that humanity has not failed.

We believe that sensitive, benevolent people and companies as well, will support the ideal and do their share by contributing financially or in-kind gifts to turn this unique masterpiece into a reality.

Are you donation Leukemia City to Turkey ?

If you want to donation for Leukemia children please use this link for credit card donation:

https://www.losev.org.tr/bagis/donation.aspx

If you are donation but you have bitcoin send me bitcoin and i will send donation address and image upload Smiley

❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram ▼▲       Medium ▼▲      Telegram ▼▲    Facebook  ▼▲      Twitter ▼▲
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:09:18 PM

I choose you five:
Macsga
Rpietila
NewLiberty
Its About Sharing
Otoh

I had missed this thread. What a great idea. Thanks for the mention. I have to think about a cause...

Thanks!
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 03:58:34 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Sower

and ~~trust~~
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:20:07 PM

and ~~trust~~

I've often have been characterized by my friends, as a naive person. This is due to my norm to take people seriously whatever they throw at me. I always listen carefully but also take some time to judge if what they claim is valid or not after they finished. I wasn't always like that. I often had turned down people in the past, that I found incapable of presenting something that (from my point of view) they didn't know very well. Huge mistake. And then; something happened. It was this specific incident that came rushing into a Tuesday afternoon and unexpectedly changed everything.

Please take my word on it:

EVERY person is significant and has something to offer to you.

No matter if they look smart, fool, educated or not, poor or wealthy, beautiful or ugly, young or old, or whatever. Sometimes it takes a leap of faith from your part to look deeper on something that some random person -you've might never met before- has to say to you... Take the chance. Take the gift. Most of the times it may not change your life. But there's this one time, that it will certainly will... and it will truly matter.

I know that the above text may not touch everyone. For some it may sound like gibberish; I cannot blame you. I will indulge you though to take it seriously. It's a leap of faith. Or; if you prefer, a matter of trust.

Cheers.

Sarthak

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:27:22 PM

and ~~trust~~

I've often have been characterized by my friends, as a naive person. This is due to my norm to take people seriously whatever they throw at me. I always listen carefully but also take some time to judge if what they claim is valid or not after they finished. I wasn't always like that. I often had turned down people in the past, that I found incapable of presenting something that (from my point of view) they didn't know very well. Huge mistake. And then; something happened. It was this specific incident that came rushing into a Tuesday afternoon and unexpectedly changed everything.

Please take my word on it:

EVERY person is significant and has something to offer to you.

No matter if they look smart, fool, educated or not, poor or wealthy, beautiful or ugly, young or old, or whatever. Sometimes it takes a leap of faith from your part to look deeper on something that some random person -you've might never met before- has to say to you... Take the chance. Take the gift. Most of the times it may not change your life. But there's this one time, that it will certainly will... and it will truly matter.

I know that the above text may not touch everyone. For some it may sound like gibberish; I cannot blame you. I will indulge you though to take it seriously. It's a leap of faith. Or; if you prefer, a matter of trust.

Cheers.

Well said! Cheers Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: