Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463905 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

To clarify what to expect to see come live prior to the wallets becoming available:

pool.sterlingcoin.org.uk
transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk
sterlingcoinapi.org.uk
forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk

What to expect to see once wallets are released:

Guides within the Support Sections
paperwallet.sterlingcoin.org.uk

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NathanJackson

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:17:08 PM

I mean this in the kindest possible way. Fuck off. Even parodys of shitcoins put in more effort nowadays.

Could you elaborate on how we have not made any effort?

I'd be polite if I thought you were trying to do anything other than cash in like 99% of shitcoin devs.  
There is already a Britcoin and a Scotcoin, so you're already too late to milk that dried up teet.  

And I have a simmering hatred towards any half-assed developer who promotes nationalism in order to get more people to invest in their pump-and-dump non-coin.  

Don't feel special, I'm going to start making similar posts whenever I see a similarly cynical and worthless coin announced.  
Excuse me while I go vomit into the toilet the torrent of expletives I managed to keep in while reading your joke of an announcement.

You add nothing.

Go away.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

I'd be polite if I thought you were trying to do anything other than cash in like 99% of shitcoin devs.  
There is already a Britcoin and a Scotcoin, so you're already too late to milk that dried up teet.  

And I have a simmering hatred towards any half-assed developer who promotes nationalism in order to get more people to invest in their pump-and-dump non-coin.  

Don't feel special, I'm going to start making similar posts whenever I see a similarly cynical and worthless coin announced.  
Excuse me while I go vomit into the toilet the torrent of expletives I managed to keep in while reading your joke of an announcement.

You add nothing.

Go away.

Whilst developing Sterlingcoin we watched as Britcoin, GBCoin, Quid and Scotcoin emerged. We were not phased as we know our development team are ahead of these coins by leaps and bounds.

I personally have helped various coins with their own problems and have even been offered positions by coins but have turned them down to work on Sterlingcoin and to gain merchants and truly change the financial system in the UK and British Isles, where I am from.

Also in terms of self benefit I will mine the coin personally with my Nvidia GTX 670 and be on the same level as everyone else, if not far below as most users here who mine have AMD cards and get huge hashrates. The 1% premine is small and fair as 90% is being spacedropped to everyone worldwide and 6% is for rewards (http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/rewards/) and 4% for development, as servers and time cost money.

This is no cause for invoking nationalism unless by this you mean I want fellow UK citizens to help to get merchants and to truly transform the financial landscape of the UK, in that case, yes I am and I hope it succeeds.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
JOwenz

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:25:06 PM

I mean this in the kindest possible way. Fuck off. Even parodys of shitcoins put in more effort nowadays.

You add nothing.

Go away.

Your post doesn't make sense. Why target this coin specifically and not the other 100s of shitcoins you claim to be. To a neutral person it seems like you are invested in another coin that this one might conflict with.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

Our main goal in terms of the launch of Sterlingcoin is to have what every other coin doesn't seem to have upon launch.

Basic services.

They seem to launch and slowly bring in these services as new features or even have other people host their services such as mining pools or block explorers.

All the services we are launching with are what we believe a stable and usable cryptocurrency should have from their launch.

This means our development team can concentrate and focus their skills on true innovation and bringing new services to the community and users of the Sterlingcoin currency.

NathanJackson

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:39:54 PM

You add nothing.

Go away.

Your post doesn't make sense. Why target this coin specifically and not the other 100s of shitcoins you claim to be. To a neutral person it seems like you are invested in another coin that this one might conflict with.

There aren't enough hours in the day for me to target specifically every one of these coins that are nothing but shameless attempts by the "developers" to cash in.  

And I am invested in another coin. It's called Bitcoin and it rains hell-fire upon these cynical and pathetic coins that clog up this forum on daily basis.  

I wish I could punch a hole through the internet and wring your throats.

Do something useful with your lives.

hazryder

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 10:42:18 PM

Your post has been reported, you need to reconsider how you're speaking to people. This sort of behavior isn't acceptable.
NathanJackson

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

Your post has been reported, you need to reconsider how you're speaking to people. This sort of behavior isn't acceptable.

I'm sorry if I've upset you, but I have little patience for people who add nothing to the cryptosphere. 
Their barefaced greed genuinely enrages me and I'm sorry if I've endangered your investment.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 10:54:34 PM

You have not upset us or endangered anything as these are not our intentions. Also these kind of posts are nothing new and we look past them as I am sure other users also do.

stankonia

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:05:49 PM

Very Nice  I'm in  Smiley
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

The airdrop website laconically advises that “Emails submitted will not be sold/shared for promotion/marketing purposes.” Can I recommend that you make it clear that also holds true for telephone numbers?

Also, I couldn't seem to find the clear statements about terms & conditions, rights and privacy that I'd expect to see, given the claims made.

Cheers

Graham
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 11:22:34 PM

The airdrop website laconically advises that “Emails submitted will not be sold/shared for promotion/marketing purposes.” Can I recommend that you make it clear that also holds true for telephone numbers?

Also, I couldn't seem to find the clear statements about terms & conditions, rights and privacy that I'd expect to see, given the claims made.

Cheers

Graham

The telephone numbers are not in fact stored. These are simply verified to be UK numbers and nothing else, all done via an API.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:00:32 AM

The official subreddit for Sterlingcoin is styled and has all links in the sidebar for ease of use.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sterlingcoin/

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:19:53 AM

we need translation bounties   Grin
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

Quote from: jeffersonairplane on August 02, 2014, 08:13:08 PM
Not a fan of X13 Sad

Yup X11 is far better then X13.

X13 is superior to SHA-256, Scrypt and Scrpyt-N in terms of power and heat and that's what truly matters.

All of the X11, X12, X13, X14, X15, X17 coins are good in that respect.

If you are referring to driver issues etc. with AMD cards inparticular then that is sad and unfortunate and our team will do its best to assist.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:34:55 AM

we need translation bounties   Grin

We have SLG for bounties and giveaways. All translations of this thread will receive 20 Sterlingcoin upon our launch.

All rewards can be found here - http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/rewards/

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:44:51 AM

Lemme get a shirt

Contact Flawless direct. They accept Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Sterlingcoin once we've launched. They also have a Bitcoin ATM in-store.

Ltsknnr

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

Don't feed the troll.

So far, this looks interesting and is going on my watch list.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

Don't feed the troll.

Noted.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

Cheers

Graham

The telephone numbers are not in fact stored. These are simply verified to be UK numbers and nothing else, all done via an API.
That's exactly as I expected but it needs to be clearly communicated on the web site.

Apart from the missing contact info and privacy statements expected of UK web sites, more attention to the wording is required. A moment's reflection will inform you that “UK” is inadequate unless you do actually intend to exclude residents of Northern Ireland.

Statements that are usefully accurate must somewhere use the mouthful: "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Elsewhere, the statement “UK citizens receive fifty Sterlingcoin” is incorrect, the checks are for residence not citizenship.

There’s two of us here, we can manage a phone number each but only one postcode - do we get 50 each or will one application be rejected? This information should be readily available and easy to comprehend.

Minors are also citizens of the UK, if there's a lower age limit for this offer, that should be clearly communicated.

“Sterlingcoin is a completely fair, transaparant and a highly secure form of currency for all needs.” Provide some support for your claim of fairness. Use a spelling checker.

The OP advertises “575,000 Sterlingcoin (90% of Instamine) for the Spacedrop”. At 50 per application that's a grand total of 11500 applications. This  limit should be very clearly advertised.

Will applications from UK residents receive priority over applications from people outside the UK?

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: