Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
thecryptoguy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

Ha ha just reading the page.....

ummm if Flawless isnt real i must of dreamt that i was there.... yes i can vouch for the devs and the shop.....

I know the owners and have worked with the shop.... so i think an apology is needed....
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:02:32 AM

Hi guys awesome looking coin

Many thanks, lots of work and more work to be done.

A coin from my home town!
will mine this!

Maybe you would like to come along to the next Bitcoin Brighton meetup where I will be giving a talk about Sterlingcoin.
You can always get involved in helping getting merchants and be rewarded too - http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/rewards/

Ha ha just reading the page.....

ummm if Flawless isnt real i must of dreamt that i was there.... yes i can vouch for the devs and the shop.....

I know the owners and have worked with the shop.... so i think an apology is needed....

Many thanks for the clarification of reality.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
thecryptoguy

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:14:21 AM

The website is down for free tshirts and the goolgle maps shows a market

Public info
Property type: Cottage | Tenure: Freehold

This 3 bed freehold cottage is located at 20 Kensington Gardens, Brighton BN1 4AL. Kensington Gardens, BN1 has 18 houses and flats on it with a current average value of £249,389, compared to an average property value of £347,164 for BN1. There has been 1 property sale on Kensington Gardens over the last 5 years with an average sold house price of £575,000. There are currently 546 properties to buy in BN1 with an average asking price of £442,475 and 343 properties to rent in BN1 with an average asking rent of £328 pw.

so its not really a premises to conduct your business.

Your premine is also questionable.

so you obviously dont live in brighton?? cause anyone who is anyone knows Flawless....
As for the guys premining... did you actually read what they're doing with them? or did you just see premine and attack?

If your going to say something make sure you have the facts....
its pretty easy man... Ill spell it out for you because you are obviously alittle slow....

Step 1: google flawless clothing, brighton (do i need to put the link here?)
Step 2: open the webpage.
Step 3: "wow much real" sit back and take a breathe and feel alittle embarrassed. Still not convinced? move to step 4.
Step 4: Email the shop and ask the owner... If he has any association to the coin or the devs.
Step 5: Wait for their reply
Step 6: Return to this page and report your findings.... Im sure we'll all be waiting....

Simple enough for you???

aaaaaaannnnd   GO!!!!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:19:22 AM

Let's get this one little factor sorted out.

There is no Premine but there is however an Instamine.

Premine suggests us mining before anyone else has access, this is incorrect.

Instamine is what is in fact happening.

This is where the first block is a superblock containing the 1% premine of 639,000 Sterlingcoin.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
thecryptoguy

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:24:38 AM

The website is down for free tshirts and the goolgle maps shows a market

Public info
Property type: Cottage | Tenure: Freehold

This 3 bed freehold cottage is located at 20 Kensington Gardens, Brighton BN1 4AL. Kensington Gardens, BN1 has 18 houses and flats on it with a current average value of £249,389, compared to an average property value of £347,164 for BN1. There has been 1 property sale on Kensington Gardens over the last 5 years with an average sold house price of £575,000. There are currently 546 properties to buy in BN1 with an average asking price of £442,475 and 343 properties to rent in BN1 with an average asking rent of £328 pw.

so its not really a premises to conduct your business.

Your premine is also questionable.

so you obviously dont live in brighton?? cause anyone who is anyone knows Flawless....
As for the guys premining... did you actually read what they're doing with them? or did you just see premine and attack?

If your going to say something make sure you have the facts....
its pretty easy man... Ill spell it out for you because you are obviously alittle slow....

Step 1: google flawless clothing, brighton (do i need to put the link here?)
Step 2: open the webpage.
Step 3: "wow much real" sit back and take a breathe and feel alittle embarrassed. Still not convinced? move to step 4.
Step 4: Email the shop and ask the owner... If he has any association to the coin or the devs.
Step 5: Wait for their reply
Step 6: Return to this page and report your findings.... Im sure we'll all be waiting....

Simple enough for you???

aaaaaaannnnd   GO!!!!

right just found out the flawless sites down.....
but it wont be for long....

Premine was the wrong word... sorry devs

Either way i'll be supporting the coin
 Smiley
Long live Crypto
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:49:47 AM

i am not from the UK how to get 1-50coin?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:30:51 PM

i am not from the UK how to get 1-50coin?

On the 20th of September the Spacedrop will launch.

You will simply need to enter your Sterlingcoin wallet receive address.

You will instantly receive between 1 and 50 Sterlingcoin.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

do you think in the future i could use sterlingcoin to get some hookers and coke if i ever come down to party in brighton

This comment makes me think of the countless times I have heard people say "Bitcoin? Isn't that the internet money for buying drugs and guns?".

When people ask "what can cryptocurrencies be spent on?" I always respond with "Everything you can buy with FIAT or "Real Money".

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 04:44:39 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 05:05:59 PM by Sterlingcoin

Why not make it a Spacedrop for all and equal?
This would then simply make it a faucet. The Sterlingcoin Faucet will open once the Spacedrop finishes.

Transaction time is quite long.
We will be looking at confirmation times and speeding this up accordingly.

Can multiple people in one UK/British Isles household apply to the Spacedrop?
Yes, as long as each person has their own mobile number. Multiple houses on one street share post codes, so if we block one post code upon entry we then block entire streets of houses and potentially hundreds of people. This is simply an additional factor to verify UK residency.

Do you store our phone numbers for marketing and other purposes?
We do not store you phone numbers and they are simply checked by the Google API to make sure it is in fact a UK number.

If we choose to submit our email address, as it is optional, what do you do with them?
Firstly, we do not share them. We only email these addresses when important news or updates come about. Nothing more.

Will Sterlingcoin have exchanges at launch on the 20th of September
Our aim is to launch Sterlingcoin with all services in place, including exchanges. We are currently in talks and the community will be the first to be notified when we know more.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 05:34:28 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 02:12:32 PM by Sterlingcoin

Implementation of Sterlingcoin is a community effort and we offer several rewards for your help.

Articles
A well written article, blog post or similar will be eligible for a 100 SLG reward
(If written in two or more languages it will be eligible for a further reward of 50 SLG)

Software Suggestions
As Sterlingcoin is completely open-source, you can look at the software and suggest new features which you wish to see.
For any fix, change or new feature we will reward between 100 SLG to 1000 SLG

Merchant Referrals

If you successfully sign-up a new merchant to accept Sterlingcoin you will receive 500 SLG as a reward
(For every 5 merchants you will receive a 1000 SLG bonus)

Entertain Us

The development team puts in a lot of hours and we need a little entertainment whilst we are having a break.
Send us Sterlingcoin themed memes and other funny material and we’ll reward you with between 5 SLG and 20 SLG

mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:57:20 PM

have you managed to get some shops in Brighton to accept this coin? this is interesting!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:03:36 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 11:34:56 PM by Sterlingcoin

have you managed to get some shops in Brighton to accept this coin? this is interesting!

Yes already Flawless at 20 Kensington Gardens in the North Laines of Brighton will accept Sterlingcoin upon launch.

Today we have contacted a further 5 merchants. 3 of which accept Bitcoin currently and 2 whom accept no cryptocurrency whatsoever.

mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:27:08 PM

that is awsome, will it just be for Brighton? hope this coin succeeds. Is there more info on the dev's?

also when will wallet be released so I can fill in the spacedrop?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:37:53 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 07:01:45 PM by Sterlingcoin

that is awsome, will it just be for Brighton?

Sterlingcoin is not just for Brighton. It just happens that two developers live in Brighton and this is the first place to start.

We have Bitcoin groups in London and Brighton who are behind the coin and will help in implementing new merchants.

Remember Sterlingcoin is a community effort and requires interest and input from the community.

Even though Sterlingcoin is targeted at the UK and British Isles it does not mean that it cannot be used worldwide as a payment system.

hope this coin succeeds. Is there more info on the dev's?

Spencer Lievens - Developer - Brighton, UK
Matthew Langdon - Network Infrastructure - New York, USA
Steven Saxton - Developer - Ohio, USA
Michael Harkess - Network Infrastructure - Brighton, UK

http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/#team

We also have writers, marketers and people promoting Sterlingcoin in Europe, America and even in South Africa.

also when will wallet be released so I can fill in the spacedrop?

20th of September 2014 @ 10PM GMT/UTC +0:00

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:07:53 PM

I'm very familiar with the term “usability” but thank you for assuming ignorance on my part and providing a wikipedia definition, that was most considerate. I'm not sure why you went to the trouble though, it is a technical term from the domain of cognitive ergonomics and is an inappropriate choice in the given semantic context of providing a non-technical explanation of possible causes of variation in the coin's price on currency exchanges.

This is a statement from the coin developers to citizens of the UK and the choice of wording should convey the semantics as intended, not some serendipitous meaning that has to be stretched beyond all plausibility in order to fit.

Cheers

Graham

You're obviously highly versed in the English language and for this you must be commended. Everything you have said Graham has been duly noted and will be taken and put into effect.
I believe rather than you coming across as pointing the finger as such, you are rather being positive and trying to assist to prevent future similar concerns from the community and for this I thank you.

Uhm yeah, I second that!  Your writings make me realize I should have done much more reading in my life lol:-)  You remind me of an attorney client I have, constantly sending me Emails with words I have to Google to know what the hell they mean!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 02:12:41 PM by Sterlingcoin

Changing the confirmation time for Sterlingcoin

For those that understand the code

Current Settings
Code:
unsigned int nTargetSpacing = 4 * 60; // 4 Minutes
unsigned int nRetarget = 24 * 60 * 60; // 1 day retarget
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 24 * 60 * 60; // 1 day
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = -1; //unlimited
unsigned int nModifierInterval = 10 * 60; // time to elapse before new modifier is computed
static const int64_t nTargetTimespan_legacy = nTargetSpacing * nRetarget; // every 30 blocks
static const int64_t nInterval = nTargetTimespan_legacy / nTargetSpacing;
static const int64_t nTargetTimespan = 16 * 60; // DGW3 controls difficulty
int64_t devCoin = 0 * COIN;
int nCoinbaseMaturity = 30;
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 65700; // at 4 minute blocks will be about 6 months from launch
static const int POW_ON_BLOCK = 1;

Proposed Change
Code:
unsigned int nTargetSpacing = 2 * 60; // 2 Minutes
unsigned int nRetarget = 12 * 60 * 60; // 12 Hour Retarget
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 24 * 60 * 60; // 1 day
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = -1; //unlimited
unsigned int nModifierInterval = 10 * 60; // time to elapse before new modifier is computed
static const int64_t nTargetTimespan_legacy = nTargetSpacing * nRetarget; // every 15 blocks
static const int64_t nInterval = nTargetTimespan_legacy / nTargetSpacing;
static const int64_t nTargetTimespan = 16 * 60; // DGW3 controls difficulty
int64_t devCoin = 0 * COIN;
int nCoinbaseMaturity = 30;
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 131400; // at 2 minute blocks will be about 6 months from launch
static const int POW_ON_BLOCK = 1;

For those that do not understand the code

Current Settings
Currently the settings for Sterlingcoin as mentioned in the OP are set to produce blocks every 4 minutes, coin/transaction confirmation after 30 blocks, DGW3 targets difficulty each block, you can stake coins after block 65700 (roughly 6 months from launch) and after having them for 24 hours and gain interest on those coins for an unlimited period at 5.5%.

4 Minutes per Block x 30 Blocks for Coins to Confirm = 2 Hour Confirmation Time

Proposed Settings
The proposed change to the wallets code will be to produce blocks every 2 minutes, coin/transaction confirmation after 15 blocks, DGW3 targets difficulty each block, you can stake coins after block 131400 (roughly 6 months from launch) and after having them for 24 hours and gain interest on those coins for an unlimited period at 5.5%.

2 Minutes per Block x 15 Blocks for Coins to Confirm = 30 Minute Confirmation Time

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:58:02 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 02:12:48 PM by Sterlingcoin

Sterlingcoin Official Facebook Group Now Live

Simply click the above image to head on over to the group and join straight away.

We have launched our Official Facebook Group for Sterlingcoin.
This is an open group and we will be talking to the Multicoin Tipping App about pre-approval of Sterlingcoin to enable Facebook tipping from launch.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 02:49:42 PM

Our Sterlingcoin IRC channel is now live.

It can be reached either via the website, using webchat for freenode - http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/

Or by using a client such as mIRC or Gaim - #Sterlingcoin

JOwenz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:32:25 PM

Our Sterlingcoin IRC channel is now live.

It can be reached either via the website, using webchat for freenode - http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/

Or by using a client such as mIRC or Gaim - #Sterlingcoin

I am really looking forward to this coin and I will support it anyway I can. I will also try get the coin merchants when it launches. Good Show!
How do you guys feel Cryptos will do in the UK?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 05:49:40 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 04:10:25 PM by Sterlingcoin

I am really looking forward to this coin and I will support it anyway I can. I will also try get the coin merchants when it launches. Good Show!
How do you guys feel Cryptos will do in the UK?

The UK is absolutely perfect for a cryptocurrency to succeed.

High-speed broadband up to 150MBits in most areas going to around 1MBits in the worst areas.
Also there are so many free wifi connections within cities and towns that connection to the Internet is no longer an issue.

"Two streets in Wales and Essex share the accolade of having the slowest broadband connection with connections of just 0.60 Megabytes per second"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uks-slowest-broadband-speeds-revealed-3449015#ixzz39RiDJxu0
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The concentration of shops and close proximity of these shops to residential areas make it easy for 90% of the population to "pop to the shop quick" which seems to not be an option in countries such as America.

Also because of the HMRC ruling cryptocurrencies tax free and void of VAT (Value Added Tax) or Sales Tax as Americans know it as.
This is the most appealing factor to any merchant to accept any cryptocurrency in the UK as Value Added Tax is at 20%.
Unlike America where it ranges state-to-state at a low of 5% and to a high of 9.6%.

Sadly the UK is one of the highest taxed countries in the world and this is even more of a reason to embrace crytocurrencies and blockchain technologies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: