Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:57:24 AM

I have a first class degree and masters in computer science from a red brick university in England. Hardly a person that has a low IQ or a loser.

Businesses differentiate themselves by having a unique selling point and being better than the competition.

I was trying to find out the facts about the ClearingHouse specification so that we can use this as a pitch for new projects that are looking for a platform (not specifically Gems).

What are you doing to help the coin / community?
I might be wrong on some of this but people can correct me, I managed to finish High School in the USA at a school with metal detectors at the entrance so im no loser Grin

OP RETURN:
I think the OP RETURN is currently at 120 bytes
Bitcoin has an OP RETURN of 40 bytes and that is not enough to use counterparty with OP RETURN therefore coutnerparty uses multisig on the Bitcoin Blockchain, this is also true for Dogeparty which is counterparty on the doge chain.
Multisig makes more "bloat" then by using OP RETURN

Notary:
Is fully functional, cheap and easy to use and public.

Speed:
Faster than counterparty, maybe as fast or faster than dogeparty

Cost:
Every action is a lot cheaper than counterparty, but  costs more than dogeparty.

Decentral Exchange:
Works, my subjective opinon based on use is that it is less buggy than counterparty or dogeparty DEX.

Politics:
The core devs of Bitcoin or Dogecoin might decide they dont like what the dev team of counterparty or dogeparty are doing and somehow make it more difficult for them to use the blockchain, Clearinghouse doesnt have this potential problem.
Core devs of both bitcoin and dogecoin have in the past spoke in a negaitve way about blockchain spam, I think this was before dogeparty exsited but I can not confirm.

Right now the other platforms that you could release tokens, shares, or lauch a decentral company on are: coutnerpary, clearinghouse, dogeparty, bitsharesX and maybe some others.

no one cares,  the people with real money do not care about all this. they care about how good the team is, your integrity, how hard you work, do you think logically or do you make mental errors, who do you know, do you have a good head on your shoulders with street smarts/common sense, how do you interact and play well with others, are you able to be inclusive, etc.

that is one of the reason why XCP has been so successful, because they have many of these qualities.

the people you should be talking to might not even know about counterparty, in fact they should not know about them.

that is how you grow the market and SELL vision.

not by doing feature by feature comparisons, and introducing an alternative to a client who may otherwise not even know or care that it exists.

"hi sir my steak knife is better because it cuts faster".... "ok let me call them first"..."they told me that even though yours cuts fasters, theirs is more reliable and won't rust"... you lose

However,  this forum is for early adopters and people who are not always the best at marketing.  The op on this thread alone is tbh horrible. No offense but it looks like an afterthought. I am a large holder of xch and would love to see some promotion of some sort both on this thread and outside it. We may not need to compare tech, but certainly there is a strong need for heavy marketing.

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:02:32 PM

I know that some are sceptical and maybe they are right but I started a campain to add XCH to Bittrex. Would be nice to have it on the same xchange where via is traded most heavily imo.

so, tweet @Bittrex to add via (and something nice about their xchange)

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Altcoin4life

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:39:23 AM

I know that some are sceptical and maybe they are right but I started a campain to add XCH to Bittrex. Would be nice to have it on the same xchange where via is traded most heavily imo.

XCH and via are tied together to have one and not the other is...just...wrong Sad

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:46:38 AM

XCH and via are tied together to have one and not the other is...just...wrong Sad

Question: Is XCP and BTC tied together?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:14:08 AM

depends on the definition of "tied"
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:23:08 AM

There is in fact no link between BTC and XCP except that the initial process of initializing XCP may have set the initial price expectations. To all intents and purposes XCP and BTC are independent tokens. BTC just happens to be the fuel and XCP is an antispam fuel token to prevent asset creation spam. BTC fees primarily defend the bitcoin network from spam transactions since it costs, attacks are not free. Same for XCP, it's there as a technical requirement to solve asset and dividend spamming by introducing a cost.
PhantomPhreak

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:33:11 PM

There is in fact no link between BTC and XCP except that the initial process of initializing XCP may have set the initial price expectations. To all intents and purposes XCP and BTC are independent tokens. BTC just happens to be the fuel and XCP is an antispam fuel token to prevent asset creation spam. BTC fees primarily defend the bitcoin network from spam transactions since it costs, attacks are not free. Same for XCP, it's there as a technical requirement to solve asset and dividend spamming by introducing a cost.

This is incorrect. XCP is used for much more in Counterparty than just anti-SPAM fees; in particular it's the only token usable for advanced features such as binary options and derivatives. It also represents stake in the protocol and speeds up DEx trades.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

This is incorrect. XCP is used for much more in Counterparty than just anti-SPAM fees; in particular it's the only token usable for advanced features such as binary options and derivatives. It also represents stake in the protocol and speeds up DEx trades.

Welcome Adam!

Thank you for dropping by and clarifying this. The point I'm trying to make is that XCP is a token in it's own right (as well as acting as a fuel currency for antispam), and specifically that there is no intrinsic link (since the burn completed) between BTC and XCP price. If people trade BTC and XCP the price will be affected of course, but that is a function of trade and not an intrinsic link - it would happen between any trade pairs.

A big source of confusion for readers has been that XCP is a token in it's own right (as is any asset/token created), but BTC is required since counterparty transactions are written in normal bitcoin transactions which must be confirmed in the blockchain. As such, BTC is required to pay the miners fee and meet the minimum relay requirements as required by bitcoin nodes.

When any counterparty asset/token when traded with BTC the protocol cannot make the exchange automatically and requires manual settlement after orders have been matched (using the BTCPay protocol). This is because counterparty tokens are not understood by the bitcoin protocol so there is no way for enforce settlement, unlike a pure counterparty token trade which can be matched and settled automatically within the counterparty protocol.

I should also clarify that while bitcoin miner fees are antispam measures, they also serve in the long term as incentive for miners once block subsidies reduce to 0. But without requiring a fee, it would be possible to spam transactions back and forth at no cost as a denial of service attack.
PhantomPhreak

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:36:06 PM

Welcome Adam!

Thank you for dropping by and clarifying this. The point I'm trying to make is that XCP is a token in it's own right (as well as acting as a fuel currency for antispam), and specifically that there is no intrinsic link (since the burn completed) between BTC and XCP price. If people trade BTC and XCP the price will be affected of course, but that is a function of trade and not an intrinsic link - it would happen between any trade pairs.

A big source of confusion for readers has been that XCP is a token in it's own right (as is any asset/token created), but BTC is required since counterparty transactions are written in normal bitcoin transactions which must be confirmed in the blockchain. As such, BTC is required to pay the miners fee and meet the minimum relay requirements as required by bitcoin nodes.

When any counterparty asset/token when traded with BTC the protocol cannot make the exchange automatically and requires manual settlement after orders have been matched (using the BTCPay protocol). This is because counterparty tokens are not understood by the bitcoin protocol so there is no way for enforce settlement, unlike a pure counterparty token trade which can be matched and settled automatically within the counterparty protocol.

I should also clarify that while bitcoin miner fees are antispam measures, they also serve in the long term as incentive for miners once block subsidies reduce to 0. But without requiring a fee, it would be possible to spam transactions back and forth at no cost as a denial of service attack.

Yep, that's right. Smiley
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:36:46 PM

what is the point of tied here
Altcoin4life

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:10:08 PM

Look...free market is one thing but XCH needs some love, marketing, sex, SOMETHING!

litecoin111

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:19:57 PM

Counterparty recreated ethereum smart contracts, are plans in the works for clearing house to do so as well?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

Counterparty recreated ethereum smart contracts, are plans in the works for clearing house to do so as well?

We do keep up today with upstream changes from counterparty, so when this is stable we'll merge it. Gotta take my hats off to them, that was a pretty epic move Smiley
tbear

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:39:46 PM

XCH volume is almost 1,500,000 today on Bter. Much higher than usual

https://bter.com/trade/xch_btc
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

Yep someone sold a big coin stash...
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:53:31 PM

We do keep up today with upstream changes from counterparty, so when this is stable we'll merge it. Gotta take my hats off to them, that was a pretty epic move Smiley

Agreed! Glad to hear Cheesy

wow, we will have the same thing but on a lightspeed blockchain without political bariers, with custody chains and treechains in the future! Do you guys realize this!!!

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

Do you have any idea how long it will take counterparty to get it stable and put it on the main net so you can merge it?
Altcoin4life

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:56:19 PM

wow, we will have the same thing but on a lightspeed blockchain without political bariers, with custody chains and treechains in the future! Do you guys realize this!!!

Yes WE do, but it seems no one else gets it. I swear XCH is stupidly undervalued it's painful for me to watch my 8 btc investment shrink to 3.5. (risk is part of crypto i know but still wtf XCH is awesome Sad

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

Yes WE do, but it seems no one else gets it. I swear XCH is stupidly undervalued it's painful for me to watch my 8 btc investment shrink to 3.5. (risk is part of crypto i know but still wtf XCH is awesome Sad

it is b/c it is only a few months old

after about 6-9 months we shall known whether the money that was given to the project is allocated well and yielding fruit.

however it is noteworthy to point out that certainly there always seems to be a first mover premium in the space, and that XCP never went lower then the $ value of the coins burned (from what i recall)
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 05:42:04 PM

Yep someone sold a big coin stash...

yup i got my 200's dumped on Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: