Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin TANKING...opinions on future outlook both nearterm and long term?  (Read 6542 times)
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:34:17 AM

Litecoin and every other alt-coin is dropping really hard...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
old fart

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:37:45 AM

Litecoin tanked a while back and I thought it was finished, but it bounced back quite quickly.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:39:07 AM

Litecoin and every other alt-coin is dropping really hard...

Not XMR  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.msg8304508#msg8304508
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:39:52 AM

BTC went down a little bit too. I guess some old LTC bagholder is cashing out.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:09:34 AM

It dropped too much too quickly. It shouldn't have a high value, but $7 is a decent strike price. I call bull----. People are putting way too much stock into the CFPB and into Ethereum (which is a scamcoin). This is one of the rare really good short-term buys.

Note: On the year, it looks like hell, but a 20% - 25% drop in a day on the heels of other drops and no dramatic news is just too much if you ask me.
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:22:50 AM

I think it's going to $5 which would make it a screaming STRONG buy.  If it breaks $5 then it could hit $3 but I think whales would buy up all they can at $5 so I doubt it will go that low.  This is a gift right here, buy up all you can.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
IXC2XIC

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:03:58 AM

Looks like it has support at .0100 but if it breaches that it would easily hit $5 and maybe even $3.  Anything under $5 is gonna get bought up fast by the Bitcoin whales.  I would buy too if I had the money.  

The same goes for doge at anything under 15 sats.

flipstyle (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:14:49 AM

Wow.

Free fall mode.  Losing 20% of your value in a single day for litecoin is definitely not commonplace.  If it breeches 5 bucks by the end of the week, I'm going in.
IXC2XIC

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:19:50 AM

Wow.

Free fall mode.  Losing 20% of your value in a single day for litecoin is definitely not commonplace.  If it breeches 5 bucks by the end of the week, I'm going in.

If $6 doesn't hold then I think it's definitely going under $5 and if that happens the bottom will fall out and it will hit $3 although I think it would rebound very quickly as the smart big money knows that's a steal.  So be ready to buy if you're gonna buy.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:28:43 AM

People are selling to join Ethereum, StorJ and Syscoin. Also Stellar is not helping.

This is not soley a LTC problem but all alts.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kerafym

Activity: 224

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:38:47 AM

People are selling to join Ethereum, StorJ and Syscoin. Also Stellar is not helping.

And the same cycle will repeat a few months down the road when people selling Ethereum, StorJJ, Syscoin, Stellar to jump on next hot coin.

Human stupidity never cease to amaze me.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:38:56 AM

obviously trading vol been too low of late so someones taken the advantage to play the market  Smiley

too many people saying they'd top up on ltc if it falls below $5 to have it not bounce imo.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:40:40 AM

And the same cycle will repeat a few months down the road when people selling Ethereum, StorJJ, Syscoin, Stellar to jump on next hot coin.

agreed. pretty much why I mainly stick with ltc out of the alts, seen so many other innovative greatest thing come n go.
Hfleer

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:40:55 AM

Exactly. Todays markets are so hype driven. Nobody gives a shit about value, only price.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Hfleer

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:41:27 AM

obviously trading vol been too low of late so someones taken the advantage to play the market  Smiley

too many people saying they'd top up on ltc if it falls below $5 to have it not bounce imo.

That is what they say. The orderbooks say otherwise. Doesn't look too good atm!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:47:15 AM

obviously trading vol been too low of late so someones taken the advantage to play the market  Smiley

funny thats exactly how I arrived at my conclusion   Wink
Hfleer

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:50:18 AM

Yeah, but nothing can be done really, if it starts to seriously tank, then the measly orders that you and me could put on are dust in the wind!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

obviously trading vol been too low of late so someones taken the advantage to play the market  Smiley

funny thats exactly how I arrived at my conclusion   Wink

Yeah, but nothing can be done really, if it starts to seriously tank, then the measly orders that you and me could put on are dust in the wind!

well speak for yourself (i'm already one of the largest ltc holders and have been for quiet sometime).

you do know alot of the big buys and sells on ltc (and btc) aren't done via the exchanges most here frequent? so if there is a big sell/buy on the exchanges its for a reason Wink
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:03:26 AM

365 days ago price was $2...today it is $5....lol...

hi smoothie,

still thinking Litecoin won't hit 0.009 before end of the year? Wink
Hfleer

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:11:00 AM

well speak for yourself (i'm already one of the largest ltc holders and have been for quiet sometime).

you do know alot of the big buys and sells on ltc (and btc) aren't done via the exchanges most here frequent? so if there is a big sell/buy on the exchanges its for a reason Wink

Sure. But if those big Buy/sells take the exchange rate as an indicator, then it is still incredible important. The orderbooks are slim and that is an indicator that the demand for that coins is not so healthy anymore. There are always people pushing their agenda by manipulating, but to say everythin is due to that is pretty risky Wink

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: