Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375266 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:31:24 AM

I am talking about on the exchanges, there's been a spike of activity in the past 24hr and the price went up by 10-15%.
A price fluctuation like that is very normal for Magi, if you check the market depth you'l see it will only need 1BTC to increase the price by 50% - so the market can be pretty volatile if somebody wants to buy or sell a lot of Magi - the fluctuation was probably a reaction to the drop in BTC price earlier in the day - Magi corrections are usually a few hours to a couple of days behind the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:32:14 AM

Good news from Cryptopia Smiley

They will update the wallet and hopefully everything will be fine after.

Great to hear - Thanks mozsi =)
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:06:45 PM

Lots of volatility on the market today - and I accidentally turned my trading bot off this morning - got to do it all by hand until I get back home LOL
TheOATeam

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:32:26 PM

Seems to have settled at a slightly higher price. A lot of people like to manipulate the smaller cryptocoins, some real time marketing of the coins benefits and possible applications would do to make the volume higher. I am completely unfamiliar with this project in general so those types of initiatives may already be underway. That being said, you all seem like a very welcoming bunch - so I am going to spend some time reading this thread and the resources that I encounter about Magi along the way.  Smiley
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:24:15 PM

Seems to have settled at a slightly higher price. A lot of people like to manipulate the smaller cryptocoins, some real time marketing of the coins benefits and possible applications would do to make the volume higher. I am completely unfamiliar with this project in general so those types of initiatives may already be underway. That being said, you all seem like a very welcoming bunch - so I am going to spend some time reading this thread and the resources that I encounter about Magi along the way.  Smiley

And welcome to the Magi Community by the way - If I get a chance I'll drop some notes later about what I think the main USP's are and some current observations =) enjoy the reading.
tangcrypt

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:03:47 AM

I am talking about on the exchanges, there's been a spike of activity in the past 24hr and the price went up by 10-15%.
Don't know the reason. Exchanges have there own lives.
Sometimes price goes up because of a Magi update, sometimes prices goes down because of the value of btc.
I know one thing; Magi team & community are very active and working on a awesome future for the coin of the Magi.
We will continue with that for a long long time.

hey 111magic,  I am Looking for great coins with group,if you can help me to understand what makes you to hold  Magi for longer period of time , means salient features of it , unique developments ahead, and price appreciation since launch.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:45:53 AM

Sometimes price goes up because of a Magi update, sometimes prices goes down because of the value of btc.
I know one thing; Magi team & community are very active and working on a awesome future for the coin of the Magi.

hey 111magic,  I am Looking for great coins with group,if you can help me to understand what makes you to hold  Magi for longer period of time , means salient features of it , unique developments ahead, and price appreciation since launch.

Sometime no reasons I guess; 111magic made me recall the old time; bottom line some of us are sticking around, and for sure we're looking for a future.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:46:00 AM

I think your old i7 are better than my server CPU, my i5 is more powerfull than the intel avoton for mining  Smiley

I mine too in a pool, pom.m-hash, with the sweet spot controller so the CPU ran only at 100% when the block reward is greater than 12 XMG and the rest of the time he is at 10%.

It's more profitable to mine in pool I think, you always have a little reward but the majority of the time the block reward is 1 XMG, when I look the graphs on the pool there are only 2-3 hours per 24H where my CPU > 10%.

I like magi and the fact that it is designed for little miners with CPU but in reality magi is only profitable to the big miners, they come when the block reward is big and when the block reward is low they can quietly put their power for mining another coin and we, the little miners, have only 1 XMG blocks to mine for the majority of the time.

If you want try to solo mine it's not very complicated to setup, I wrote what I did in this topic for linux, I used a tuto that I found in this topic and just changed a few things. For windows I have an option for solo mining in the sweet spot controller program but I never tried it.

You will not be rich in solo mining, only happy when you find a block Smiley

I agree, though small miners are capable, concerns remain somehow like the profits; solo mining does sound made a point. Anyway we're looking into rejecting big miners sharply with a more comprehensive consideration of the likability and a solution in the incoming release.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:02:02 AM

Hi tangcrypt/TheOATeam,

IMO Magi is a very unique coin - it has its own M7M hashing algorithm (CPU based) and reduces the block reward as hashing power increases to keep the larger miners away and help the smaller miner. It therefore makes it difficult to accumulate large quantities of coin in the traditional way.
My opinion/theory is that as interest increases in the coin, the number of coins that can be mined will decrease due to this dampening effect, I suspect that this will have a very positive impact on the price point. I can see more people looking into the coin these days. The market cap and volume of the coin have grown steadily (and significantly) over the last 12 months and I think the coin is in a good position to increase this growth as there has been a quite bit more interest especially over the last couple of months.

It'll be interesting to see where Magi takes us - I hope you both join us for the ride LOL
mozsi

Activity: 113
Merit: 105

bunny

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:55:55 AM

I agree, though small miners are capable, concerns remain somehow like the profits; solo mining does sound made a point. Anyway we're looking into rejecting big miners sharply with a more comprehensive consideration of the likability and a solution in the incoming release.

I consider this as great news Cheesy

By the way, Cryptopia market is back online.

hey there
TheOATeam

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:38:57 PM

Hi tangcrypt/TheOATeam,

IMO Magi is a very unique coin - it has its own M7M hashing algorithm (CPU based) and reduces the block reward as hashing power increases to keep the larger miners away and help the smaller miner. It therefore makes it difficult to accumulate large quantities of coin in the traditional way.
My opinion/theory is that as interest increases in the coin, the number of coins that can be mined will decrease due to this dampening effect, I suspect that this will have a very positive impact on the price point. I can see more people looking into the coin these days. The market cap and volume of the coin have grown steadily (and significantly) over the last 12 months and I think the coin is in a good position to increase this growth as there has been a quite bit more interest especially over the last couple of months.

It'll be interesting to see where Magi takes us - I hope you both join us for the ride LOL

This seems like a great coin for development into a broader less concentrated hashing network: peoples PCs at work, home, IoT devices (possibly), anything with a general purpose processor can be made into a node.

So you are saying that the algorithm adjusts based on the number / types of devices? Or is it a randomly scheduled thing? Also - there are some big benefits from spreading out hashing power. The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin IMO is that the power can easily be concentrated among a few, and that can lead to biased voting in the direction that the coin will go (if it isn't a world wide phenomenon like bitcoin especially).

Fair path of development, hardened proof of work. Sounds nice Smiley

How does the idea of XMG hold up to the proof of stake type coins?
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:42:10 PM

This seems like a great coin for development into a broader less concentrated hashing network: peoples PCs at work, home, IoT devices (possibly), anything with a general purpose processor can be made into a node.

So you are saying that the algorithm adjusts based on the number / types of devices? Or is it a randomly scheduled thing? Also - there are some big benefits from spreading out hashing power. The biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin IMO is that the power can easily be concentrated among a few, and that can lead to biased voting in the direction that the coin will go (if it isn't a world wide phenomenon like bitcoin especially).

Fair path of development, hardened proof of work. Sounds nice Smiley

How does the idea of XMG hold up to the proof of stake type coins?
In theory - the dampening happens as total hash power (for the entire network) increases - so the community as a whole will mine more with less power. Right now there is a lot of hash so the rewards are low - but as the larger miners go away the hash rate is reduced again (currently some larger miners are exploiting the block reward by pushing mining only when block rewards are high - but as mentioned earlier on the page Joe, the dev is planning to improve the algorithm to counter this)

POS reward if I remember off hand is between 3 and 5% which is a good level in my opinion - any higher and there can be a deflationary effect on the coin - there is some more logic to do with coin age and staking volume to allow the smaller holders a larger cut of the PoS - this is explained in the OP in a better way than I can.
TheOATeam

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:07:38 PM

In theory - the dampening happens as total hash power (for the entire network) increases - so the community as a whole will mine more with less power. Right now there is a lot of hash so the rewards are low - but as the larger miners go away the hash rate is reduced again (currently some larger miners are exploiting the block reward by pushing mining only when block rewards are high - but as mentioned earlier on the page Joe, the dev is planning to improve the algorithm to counter this)

POS reward if I remember off hand is between 3 and 5% which is a good level in my opinion - any higher and there can be a deflationary effect on the coin - there is some more logic to do with coin age and staking volume to allow the smaller holders a larger cut of the PoS - this is explained in the OP in a better way than I can.

Perhaps there will be a future where a smart AI controls the algorithm response to hashrate so that the difficulty is always changing, requiring users to constantly come up with new ways to outsmart the system Wink

Too much coffee today
alfaboy23

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:14:08 AM

Just asking, is this normal?

It's been like that since last week.

Thanks!
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:55:23 AM

Just asking, is this normal?

It's been like that since last week.

Thanks!

Move cursor to the top of the price info (BTC/XMG or USD/XMG) to show tooltips; price updates only occur by clicking in order to avoid any interference with the wallet operation. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
jediwashuu

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:52:10 AM

My wallet frequently shows my Stake number as 0.00XMG, but if i hover over the icon on the lower right, it will say I am staking, give me a weight, a network weight, and a time.  is that normal?
i have seen the Stake number increase every now and then, but it almost always goes back to 0 very quickly
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:08:22 PM

My wallet frequently shows my Stake number as 0.00XMG, but if i hover over the icon on the lower right, it will say I am staking, give me a weight, a network weight, and a time.  is that normal?
i have seen the Stake number increase every now and then, but it almost always goes back to 0 very quickly
Hi Jediwashuu,

That's totally normal, the staking amount only happens when you have coins that are being staked. For me its once every hour or so - but it used to be once per week before I built up more coins in the wallet. When coins are used for staking - you can't spend them - so its better to not have them being staked so often. The time is the estimate of time before your coins are next staked again.

Hope that was clear enough - if you have any more questions feel free to ask
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

Not sure if you guys have been following this - The Bitcoin ETF decision was rejected hence the 15% drop in BTC/USD overnight.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:29:51 AM

Not sure if you guys have been following this - The Bitcoin ETF decision was rejected hence the 15% drop in BTC/USD overnight.
Hmm are they not ready for it? They are waiting for Magi! Grin

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:31:39 PM

i originally bought this cointo hold n stake longterm but it seems pretty crazy if u have 300k 400k n cnt get a reward, so while i dnt make it a habit of atoring large amount coins on polo seems not logical keep in wallet tht reaps no benefits

Well, I'd believe most did stakesplitthreshold and stakecombinethreshold for optimum staking that isn't difficult at all. Personally I got a wallet running and staking 24/7. I recommend you try this (example for simplicity only though it's not necessary exactly the way I'm saying):

1) Get a fresh wallet, and a fresh address
2) Send an amount say 10,000Σ to the fresh address
3) Lock the wallet with a password, and unlock to enable staking, just like the way of PoS staking normally
4) Keep the wallet running until you get stakes
5) Repeat 1) ~ 4) for the rest of coins if you have.

Not being able to stake with a number of coins is a misunderstanding.

I did try to figure a way of staking rewards inversely proportional to the total number of coins, while I noticed this may not be likely in the scope of the present principle, and it's not that straightforward we should go with either. It is true, though, that I'm not a fan of simple big rewards by having simple powers. I'm not meaning going the other way around, but keeping the things under limits, that's the way of operation in nature. And I stand for a high-priority point where people contribute to the network get rewards preferentially.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Pages: « 1 ... 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: