Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375156 times)
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:00:57 PM

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!! Spend a lovely Christmas Eve with your loved ones.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:13:34 PM

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!! Spend a lovely Christmas Eve with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas all
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 10:01:59 PM

Merry Christmas all
Noflike Krystdagen en in lokkich nijjier!
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 10:59:29 PM

jonathin.r

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:50:10 PM

An awesome Christmas gift would be the ability to get my miners back online Cheesy

My XMG Address: 9LzxHqsxrRPMCyBffjMc3cLuB5hwEG5Ufq
"Un pour tous, tous pour un" - The Three Musketeers, 1844
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:19:36 AM

Merry X-mas awesome Magi community!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 08:58:33 AM

An awesome Christmas gift would be the ability to get my miners back online Cheesy
Since mining stopped the price went up. Maybe only Pos?
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:03:13 AM

In regards to the Hardfork / POS, we will obviously have to wait and see what the Dev Team Rolls out; but the Hardfork was planned; and MAGI already implemented a POS-II Proof of Stake Specification in its generation model. So I would think POS would be included at the very least, perhaps there's a surprise in store, only time will tell.

In regards to Bittrex increasing its confirmation requirements for MAGI deposits, I think it may be a combination of the fact that they are clearly overloaded at the moment and going through growing pains as they've seen a huge influx of new traders start using their services. They've since tightened down a bit in terms of withdraw restrictions, verification on accounts, minimum order requirements - all of this plus MAGI not being the only coin to see an increase in required confirmations before balances appear tell me they are simply "putting the breaks on" a bit, to slow down support requests, number of trades, etc. Also factor in the fact it's the Holidays. I don't think the increase in confirmations is a red flag, simply a reflection of the overall marketwide shift we are seeing with Bittrex as they upgrade their servers and software and start allowing new enrollments.

I'm personally bullish on MAGI, but most who know me I have an affinity for CPU based / ASIC resistant coins. MAGI has a lot of potential.

- It's a well aged coin, launched August 2014. (The Average/Median Coin Age on Bittrex from Coin Launch to Date is Jan/2016).  Putting MAGI deep into the "well established" side of the spectrum of coins listed on Bittrex.

- It's current price point is around 0.00004000; which is typically the sweet spot when coins start to take off. (The top 30 Coins on Bittrex for Top % 24 Gains usually have a median price point of 0.00008000) putting aside high priced or single/double digit Satoshi coins.  

- The Dev Team is Active, and the community knew POW was coming to an end after it's long and successful POW run. We're in the middle of the holidays so I think we'll just have to wait and see, as any rebase of the coin's code / daemon will have to be timed properly because all of the exchanges will have to implement the new software on their servers (And Bittrex is a clear signal that exchanges are swamped right now).

-Looking back on the last few months of this huge rise in crypto prices, the long established coins are now appearing to be clear winners alongside the newer super hyped coins- they hold up. Doge is a great example which I recommended on Reddit a few weeks ago saying it was a solid buy between it's then current 30 Satoshi Price and Under... Now it's 70.

- Certainly no crystal ball here... but MAGI seems to me to be in a prime position to be a coin that could see a multifold (2x, 4x, 10x, 20x) price increase over time; depending on what the Dev rolls out and where BTC's price to fiat goes from here. Simply saying it's high on my short list of contenders.

Looking forward to seeing what is to come.

Merry Christmas All!

Strato
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

In regards to the Hardfork / POS, we will obviously have to wait and see what the Dev Team Rolls out; but the Hardfork was planned; and MAGI already implemented a POS-II Proof of Stake Specification in its generation model. So I would think POS would be included at the very least, perhaps there's a surprise in store, only time will tell.

In regards to Bittrex increasing its confirmation requirements for MAGI deposits, I think it may be a combination of the fact that they are clearly overloaded at the moment and going through growing pains as they've seen a huge influx of new traders start using their services. They've since tightened down a bit in terms of withdraw restrictions, verification on accounts, minimum order requirements - all of this plus MAGI not being the only coin to see an increase in required confirmations before balances appear tell me they are simply "putting the breaks on" a bit, to slow down support requests, number of trades, etc. Also factor in the fact it's the Holidays. I don't think the increase in confirmations is a red flag, simply a reflection of the overall marketwide shift we are seeing with Bittrex as they upgrade their servers and software and start allowing new enrollments.

I'm personally bullish on MAGI, but most who know me I have an affinity for CPU based / ASIC resistant coins. MAGI has a lot of potential.

- It's a well aged coin, launched August 2014. (The Average/Median Coin Age on Bittrex from Coin Launch to Date is Jan/2016).  Putting MAGI deep into the "well established" side of the spectrum of coins listed on Bittrex.

- It's current price point is around 0.00004000; which is typically the sweet spot when coins start to take off. (The top 30 Coins on Bittrex for Top % 24 Gains usually have a median price point of 0.00008000) putting aside high priced or single/double digit Satoshi coins.  

- The Dev Team is Active, and the community knew POW was coming to an end after it's long and successful POW run. We're in the middle of the holidays so I think we'll just have to wait and see, as any rebase of the coin's code / daemon will have to be timed properly because all of the exchanges will have to implement the new software on their servers (And Bittrex is a clear signal that exchanges are swamped right now).

-Looking back on the last few months of this huge rise in crypto prices, the long established coins are now appearing to be clear winners alongside the newer super hyped coins- they hold up. Doge is a great example which I recommended on Reddit a few weeks ago saying it was a solid buy between it's then current 30 Satoshi Price and Under... Now it's 70.

- Certainly no crystal ball here... but MAGI seems to me to be in a prime position to be a coin that could see a multifold (2x, 4x, 10x, 20x) price increase over time; depending on what the Dev rolls out and where BTC's price to fiat goes from here. Simply saying it's high on my short list of contenders.

Merry Christmas All!

Strato
Strato thank you for the friendly words here.
Magi really appriciate that!
Merry Christmas to you also.

abraxsis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Merry Christmas All!

Strato

Totally agree, except for the part about "The Dev Team is Active, and the community knew POW was coming to an end after it's long and successful POW run." There is still plenty of mining capability left, people are still mining a few XMG a week with a Raspberry Pi, plus the ecological aspect of Magi. Its not just ASIC resistant, it is also large miner resistant, as the more hashes you pump at it the slower the payout becomes. Im no expert, but I think XMG has at least another year of being approachable by miners from all but the most humble of machines. In fact, the only reason mining has been slow was a youtube video that was put out and suddenly there was an influx of miner breaking the speed limits, which tanked the reward output. Some block rewards dropped from 40+ to <1 because of it. But, The only reason mining has stopped completely right now was an attack on the coin, which is what is being fixed in the hardfork, along with some extras. Mining and PoW are far from over.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:38:23 PM

- It's a well aged coin, launched August 2014. (The Average/Median Coin Age on Bittrex from Coin Launch to Date is Jan/2016).  Putting MAGI deep into the "well established" side of the spectrum of coins listed on Bittrex.

Merry Christmas All!

Strato

Totally agree, except for the part about "The Dev Team is Active, and the community knew POW was coming to an end after it's long and successful POW run." There is still plenty of mining capability left, people are still mining a few XMG a week with a Raspberry Pi, plus the ecological aspect of Magi. Its not just ASIC resistant, it is also large miner resistant, as the more hashes you pump at it the slower the payout becomes. Im no expert, but I think XMG has at least another year of being approachable by miners from all but the most humble of machines. In fact, the only reason mining has been slow was a youtube video that was put out and suddenly there was an influx of miner breaking the speed limits, which tanked the reward output. Some block rewards dropped from 40+ to <1 because of it. But, The only reason mining has stopped completely right now was an attack on the coin, which is what is being fixed in the hardfork, along with some extras. Mining and PoW are far from over.

I stand corrected if all of that is true. I mined XMG a long while ago. I simply held my coins until even now. I saw some posts regarding POS now that POW was over and assumed the POW cycle had ended...

Sorry for the misinformation there.

But I will say the Dev is active here in the forums; I spent an hour or so browsing through posts and he seems to post a lot/answer questions/etc - or should I say members of the Dev Team.

I know the hardfork is in the works however; and I know their goal is to release it when it is 100% ready for a successful and smooth transition.

I think things will be quiet in general for the next week with all cryptos (as it's the holidays), but I'm sure everyone will be back at it January 2nd; and the crypto world will keep on spinning. Hoping for good things with XMG!

Cheers!

Strato
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

So took some time to look at the order book on Bittrex and the charts. (Bittrex only goes back so far).

It's relatively sideways trading... which tells me and is an indication of slow accumulation by a small handful of buyers. Buying small amounts over a long stretch to not increase or spike the price.

There's a single sell wall at 0.00005000 that is actually getting chipped away at.

Anyone holding that many coins (about 1/4 has been chewed off already); wouldn't just leave that wall there losing potential profit at higher price points.

So the sideways trading (clear accumulation indicator and the sell wall at 5000 Satoshis) are two clear indicators that large holders want the price to remain low. The reason, to buy low. And keep accumulating as many XMG at low prices until the price goes up. (They remove the sell walls/hardfork is released/new features announced/etc).

But this is just basic trading logic; no inside information - I just got this from looking at the books and charts.

Will be exciting to see what comes along with the Hardfork ahead...

Cheers!

Strato
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:53:06 PM

So took some time to look at the order book on Bittrex and the charts. (Bittrex only goes back so far).

It's relatively sideways trading... which tells me and is an indication of slow accumulation by a small handful of buyers. Buying small amounts over a long stretch to not increase or spike the price.

There's a single sell wall at 0.00005000 that is actually getting chipped away at.

Anyone holding that many coins (about 1/4 has been chewed off already); wouldn't just leave that wall there losing potential profit at higher price points.

So the sideways trading (clear accumulation indicator and the sell wall at 5000 Satoshis) are two clear indicators that large holders want the price to remain low. The reason, to buy low. And keep accumulating as many XMG at low prices until the price goes up. (They remove the sell walls/hardfork is released/new features announced/etc).

But this is just basic trading logic; no inside information - I just got this from looking at the books and charts.

Will be exciting to see what comes along with the Hardfork ahead...

Cheers!

Strato
Also noticed the sell-wall on Bittrex. Think it ok if its there.
If it would be gone what will happen with the value?
The coming hard-fork will show us what will happen after its released. I always liked a stable grow in value.

ljuni0rl

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:07:18 PM

Does anyway know when will start POS ? Do I need to download a new POS wallet or i can still use the existing version for staking?
Did not realise i mine this coin since 2015 Cheesy . Got a few coin to stake !!Yay....
arnauld

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

The pools are currently down pending a hard fork that should be here in soon.
&
hola, eso es porque la moneda ha estado en un proceso de hard-fork. Pronto se restaurará la minería, saludos.

ok, thank you @trader03 & @abraxsis
The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 03:55:08 PM

I have a few deposits to Bittrex already waiting for hours now.
They stopped at 4/30 confirmations.
Very strange, the first one of three deposits was sent hours before the other ones and had already 3 confirmations.
Now they have all 4 confirmations. (for hours)
I guess Bittrex is fucking Magi at this moment, so be prepared on a major pump done by the staff of bittrex.
I would not buy anything now above 5000, just wait until tomorrow, be prepared.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:08:28 PM

I have a few deposits to Bittrex already waiting for hours now.
They stopped at 4/30 confirmations.
Very strange, the first one of three deposits was sent hours before the other ones and had already 3 confirmations.
Now they have all 4 confirmations. (for hours)
I guess Bittrex is fucking Magi at this moment, so be prepared on a major pump done by the staff of bittrex.
I would not buy anything now above 5000, just wait until tomorrow, be prepared.
Thanks for the info. Iam not on Bittrex at this moment.
Prepare Christmas dinner!😉

The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 04:14:17 PM

Me too, T-bone steaks on the BBQ.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:15:31 PM

Me too, T-bone steaks on the BBQ.
Oww nice! Enjoy amigo!

dury10

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:17:42 PM

Magi its preparing a huge jump!

Live from Bittrex
Magi (XMG)
LAST
0.70 0.00005019
VOL
594567.56 42.4386
BID
0.70 0.00004984
ASK
0.70 0.00005019
24H HIGH
0.77 0.00005525
24H LOW
0.57 0.00004100

in the last 10 min the volume went from 35 to 42 almost 10 bitcoin's
Pages: « 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: