Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:12:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375353 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

Register at https://safecex.com/
and then the link works to vote to add Magi to the exchange.
http://safecex.com/coin/add?q=XMG

It's free and only takes a few minutes.

Nice thanks for the update Tittiecoiner and Redrover!
Let's go Magical Magi community vote for Magi there!!

EDIT: Voted
Noticed some votes from bitcoingarden forum! Nice keep on voting all!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:10:10 PM

Today is the sadest day for me since I had a registered Magi address for the Proof of Interest Campaign (which was: 9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5) but lost all of my coins. I had a backup of the appdata directory which contained the wallet.dat file for the address mentioned above, however when I move those files to my newly restored (installed) PC in the default appdata directory and open the Magi client, it erased the original wallet that I had and it started everything anew. Now it gave me another XMG address but I am afraid that the one that I had originally has been lost.

The client has started fresh and made new wallet.dat, erasing the one that I had restored in the first place.  Cry

Is there anything that could be done?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xms

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:14:13 PM

hey guys

there is stil a chance for everybody to get there own coins from cryptsy,vingers crossed

http://safecex.com/coin/add?q=XMG

not voted yet but i wil be very soon

greatings XMS

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:19:39 PM

Today is the sadest day for me since I had a registered Magi address for the Proof of Interest Campaign (which was: 9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5) but lost all of my coins. I had a backup of the appdata directory which contained the wallet.dat file for the address mentioned above, however when I move those files to my newly restored (installed) PC in the default appdata directory and open the Magi client, it erased the original wallet that I had and it started everything anew. Now it gave me another XMG address but I am afraid that the one that I had originally has been lost.

The client has started fresh and made new wallet.dat, erasing the one that I had restored in the first place.  Cry

Thats sad amigo. Did you make a backup from your wallet?

buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:22:27 PM

Today is the sadest day for me since I had a registered Magi address for the Proof of Interest Campaign (which was: 9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5) but lost all of my coins. I had a nd made new wallet.dat, erasing the one that I had restored in the first place.  Cry

could you check in the console

validateaddress 9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5

if you dont have the private key in your wallet (like i do) your output will be

{
    "isvalid" : true,
    "address" : "9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5",
    "ismine" : false
}

if your wallet.dat DOES have the privkey, 'ismine' will have 'true' behind it
xms

Activity: 223

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:28:24 PM

hey,

mabey you can try unerased programs,you never know

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:32:45 PM

hey,

Think Redrover might be good is those things!

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:35:31 PM

Thats sad amigo. Did you make a backup from your wallet?

Yes I made a backup and restored it into the appdata directory but when I open the client, it gives me a new address and everything is anew. Even the blockchain got erased and now it is syncing.

Today is the sadest day for me since I had a registered Magi address for the Proof of Interest Campaign (which was: 9CEZrQB5oMcG6TfAr74rCT5Fg1sh9UvsR5) but lost all of my coins. I had a nd made new wallet.dat, erasing the one that I had restored in the first place.  Cry

could you check in the console

if you dont have the private key in your wallet (like i do) your output will be

{
}

if your wallet.dat DOES have the privkey, 'ismine' will have 'true' behind it

I tried that but it says ismine: false

18:33:24

18:33:24

{
}

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:44:55 PM

hey,

I am trying to check with Recuva which is an unerase/undelete tool. It is scanning right now but it seems it that it will take a very long time. I don't know what got into the XMG client since it has overwritten my original wallet.dat with a new one. Well, if I cannot recover my XMG at least that will serve as a lesson to me to make more than one copy of the original wallet.dat file to prevent such situations.  Sad

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:24:05 AM

And use copy instead of move, so you dont destroy the backup ... Tough luck man Sad

edit:

come to think, Maybe you could try the undelete tools on the original drive?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:30:59 AM

And use copy instead of move, so you dont destroy the backup ... Tough luck man Sad

edit:

I am trying with the original one, but still nothing found yet with Recuva. I guess those 1313.46 XMG that I had are completely lost forever and no way to recover them. For now, I will just focus into the new wallet and mine some XMG along the way. I was thinking about mining XMG with a VPS. If anyone has a tutorial or guide for this, please let me know as I would dedicate such VPS for XMG.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Redrover

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:26:12 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 03:39:21 AM by Redrover

edit:

I am trying with the original one, but still nothing found yet with Recuva. I guess those 1313.46 XMG that I had are completely lost forever and no way to recover them. For now, I will just focus into the new wallet and mine some XMG along the way. I was thinking about mining XMG with a VPS. If anyone has a tutorial or guide for this, please let me know as I would dedicate such VPS for XMG.

Sorry to hear this Abiky, other things to check or try if Recuva fails, is whether you had filehistory or windows backup turned on if you had a 2nd hard drive.  If you did, then that drive would contain a copy or even several copies of the wallet.dat.  Unfortunately this is not usually turned on by default, but it's worth a look.  And now would be a good time to enable it on the new system.

The chances of Recuva working decrease the longer you use the drive in question because it could possibly over-write the data you are trying to retrieve, so a tip to everyone, have Recuva installed before you need it and don't use the drive for any reason until you have exhausted all attempts of recovering the missing data.

Tip - you can never have too many backups!  Get your wallets backed up to multiple locations such as a handful of cheap thumbdrives, because we all know that Murphys law dictates that the more valuable the data = the higher the chance those cheap drives will fail. (experience talking).  

Lastly, Recuva is a 'lightweight' (free) program that works pretty well but there are other more intensive recovery programs out there that may have better luck, (EaseUS, Ontrack, GetDataBack) but it can be a time consuming process.  Good luck, I hope you get it recovered.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:51:07 AM

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

They have reopened withdrawals of coin magi.  Might be a good idea to withdraw as soon as you can, I don't think they plan on trading anymore.
Redrover

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:12:07 AM

They have reopened withdrawals of coin magi.  Might be a good idea to withdraw as soon as you can, I don't think they plan on trading anymore.

Confirmed, it works and took about 5 minutes Smiley
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:43:53 AM

Thanks for the info!
You can withdraw your XMG from Cryptsy now! Hurry and grab the coins you still have there!

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 11:28:19 AM

Thanks for the info!
You can withdraw your XMG from Cryptsy now! Hurry and grab the coins you still have there!

thank you guys for the advert, i will try to post it on the spanish thread maybe there is someone who didn't noticed it yet.

@Abiky i hope that you have lucky and will be able to recover it, good luck!

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:31:02 AM

Magi off topic:
can someone explain in very simple way the problem with bitcoin blockchain pls?

Roll Eyes
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:04:22 PM

Magi off topic:
can someone explain in very simple way the problem with bitcoin blockchain pls?

Roll Eyes

I view it as a bit of a “tragedy of the commons” in that the block reward value overpowers the amount that miners can expect to gain from the transaction fees.  By messing around with moving transactions it lowers the chance of successfully putting the next block in the chain so some miners are ignoring transactions in order to gain an advantage.  Additionally, some people have been testing the network with lots of smaller transaction amounts in order to illustrate a problem with it.  This is clogging things up and increasing the time it takes for transactions to verify. 

Thats my understanding on it anyway, perhaps a bit muddled by all the mushrooms I eat. Cheesy  In any case my hope is that people will realize that there are many other alt coins out there equal to the task of moving value and discover XMG. Wink  BTC will not be able to move all the transactions of the financial world, was not designed to do so, and could be a single point of failure if pushed as the only solution to moving value imho.
BlockchainDynamics

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:22:18 PM

Can someone tell me when does the current proof of interest campaign come to a conclusion?  I am having trouble finding that date.
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 06:43:51 PM

Thanks for the info!
Got my coins back Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: