Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375278 times)
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 03:35:35 PM

great, more rewards to me Cheesy

what a lack of understanding how POS works.....

i hope magic and joe take that more serious

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:46:28 AM

what a lack of understanding that POS is not get rich on autopilot but another way to provide secure network by some incentive on those who use it.

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Coins-R-Us

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:21:57 AM

Magi is up!  0.00003011 BTC (16.25 %)   Cool

Please ask @gamegear to unblock me from IRC.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:59:01 PM

I will ask him again.

http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=6743.0

Give-away will run for 3 more days!!!!
Don't hesitate and make some nice tweets!

Somebody made a tweet with Magi gif already??
 Wink

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:06:46 PM

great, more rewards to me Cheesy

what a lack of understanding how POS works.....

i hope magic and joe take that more serious
Yes as you know amigo we take it very serious!
I really hope to give you some good news soon.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:07:51 PM

Almost 800 likes on Facebook!! Grin
Like https://www.facebook.com/CoinMagi on facebook and add your walletaddress there and maybe you will win 1000 XMG!

Who will win the 1000 XMG soon! Few more likes to go!!!

xinwao

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:57:02 PM

He amigo,

Magi had a meeting yesterday. Joe will work on a new wallet with more improvements.
It will take time. (because of his new Job and moving to another place)
In the mean time there will be a temporary new wallet what will be faster.
Hope that one will not take much time for launching.

OK. Two questions:
- when this new it will be delivered?
- whether new wallet (doesn't matter temporary or not) will deliver all binaries compiled?

please answer my two questions

[/quote]
1) Joe did not gave a delivery date yet.
He told us hè will develop it but has not much free time because of new job and moving to another house/city. So we have to give him some time.
2) Think yes. For sure Joe noticed your request and hè will deliver those or respond on it.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
But it is a little scary. One developer with no time.
[/quote]

Do you know now any date the all wallet binaries will be compiled and available from XMG official site?
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:07:09 PM

He amigo,

Magi had a meeting yesterday. Joe will work on a new wallet with more improvements.
It will take time. (because of his new Job and moving to another place)
In the mean time there will be a temporary new wallet what will be faster.
Hope that one will not take much time for launching.

OK. Two questions:
- when this new it will be delivered?
- whether new wallet (doesn't matter temporary or not) will deliver all binaries compiled?

please answer my two questions

1) Joe did not gave a delivery date yet.
He told us hè will develop it but has not much free time because of new job and moving to another house/city. So we have to give him some time.
2) Think yes. For sure Joe noticed your request and hè will deliver those or respond on it.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
But it is a little scary. One developer with no time.
[/quote]

Do you know now any date the all wallet binaries will be compiled and available from XMG official site?
[/quote]

I sent Joe a message. Waiting for his answer.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:20:11 PM

If you try again it should be ok now!

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:42:01 PM

1 year no update for XMG. Angry

That does sound embarrassed; I guess I have more time pulled out from work already.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
ek3nk4r

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:49:48 PM

hi guys  i have q ?
why  some time in day  Amount of blocks   gos Down to 2 Amount per Block !! its normally 20 or 21  !!!  when Amount down earning go down too
my speed 400 kh  xmg/day  normali  70
bud when down with 400 kh xmg/day  2 or 5  soo low  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh why
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:17:17 PM

hi guys  i have q ?
why  some time in day  Amount of blocks   gos Down to 2 Amount per Block !! its normally 20 or 21  !!!  when Amount down earning go down too
my speed 400 kh  xmg/day  normali  70
bud when down with 400 kh xmg/day  2 or 5  soo low  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh why

Hi!

Look at the first page:

Summary

Magi is a PoW/PoS hybrid coin. Magi is designed with difficulty dependent mining reward for proof-of-mining (PoW) blocks in order to put network hashrate under a certain limit. Magi at the first time implements a novel proof-of-staking mechanism, PoS-II, to frustrate potential attack through accumulating a large number of coins (read more..). Magi is at the first concentrating on the low cost in maintaining its block system, for example, through cost effective mining devices. To this end, Magi strives for every single effort to make mining be available to everyone, and provides an even playing field for people looking to issue digital coins without expensive equipment.

When hashrate goes up...the Blockreward goes down.
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:34:00 AM

That does sound embarrassed; I guess I have more time pulled out from work already.

Is there coming an update of the wallet?
Now it's a big problem to send bigger amounts (20-50k) of XMG after one month of staking.
This results in errors and you have to send XMG in smaller parts.
Also when you send XMG after longer staking you must pay 100 times the normal fee, why?
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:43:31 AM

Is there coming an update of the wallet?
Now it's a big problem to send bigger amounts (20-50k) of XMG after one month of staking.
This results in errors and you have to send XMG in smaller parts.
Also when you send XMG after longer staking you must pay 100 times the normal fee, why?
Yes there will be an update.
Talked with our developer yesterday.
Magi-team will post the launch date as we receive green light from Joe!

deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:36:10 PM

This project has a great and active community. I believe great things will come too in the long term...
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:42:20 PM

Hi all!How many XMG must be in wallet for staking?My wallet say's,I don't have enough weight.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:19:04 PM

Hard fork [client version v1.2.0.1]
[12/31] PoW & PoS updates

Please update the wallet to > v1.2.0 (mandatory):

Windows: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.1.1-win.zip
Linux: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.1.1-linux.tar.gz
Mac OS X: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.1.1-macosx.dmg
Source code: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/

This update includes the following hard forks:
PoS hard fork at block 131100 for better staking results (Expected on January 6)
PoS-II Protocol V2 hard fork at block 131300 (Expected on January 6)
PoW-V2 hard fork: 1/7/2015, 12:00:00 PM EST time (GMT-5:00)

# Piece of info
Magi Cheat Sheet v1: http://coinmagi.org/files/misc/magi-cheat-sheet-v1.pdf

# Brief summary

• Implement a filter for the difficulty data and stabilizing yielded block rewards; anticipation is improved accuracy of the block-rewarding (MagiReward) system in responding to the actual network hashrate;
  • Introduce a CPU miner targeting at reducing hash rate (https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-legacy) which is much more meaningful for magi in comparison with any other coins;
  • Adapt a close limitation of the PoS stake weight which disables potential PoS attack via accumulating significant amount of coins or offline stake time;
  • Other miscellaneous updates.

Huge amount of energies consumed in the cryptocurrency has been a big issue, which is totally opposite to the global efforts in saving energy. This issue should be resolved sooner or later in order to advance the cryptocurrency any further. As one of the possible solutions, that's the reason we have PoS. However, the pure PoS mode would never give rise to decentralization. Any approaches are vain if decentralization cannot be maintained, unless one agrees with a coin with limited time of mining or with total premining, or the such likes. The PoW should be remained in order to distribute coins into a broad audience over time.

The basic rule of dealing with the energy concern is to involve a "braking" mechanism in coin design. Such a rule exists in every piece of things in nature: why earth/electrons should circle the sun/nucleus without collapsing or departure? or just imagine a vehicle without brakes. Bitcoin or litecoin does not put actual limits in the rewards, or that simply not functioning properly. That's where magi plugs in.  

What do we need to save energy?

On the whole, mining should be encouraged at a lower hashrate level.

# MagiReward-V2

The issue to be solved in this upgrade is the removal of the vague dependence of block rewards on the difficulty, due to the fluctuating nature of block time. A basic consideration is applying a filter to smooth out the difficulty data. Details are as follows.

# Necessary to adjust miner efficiency?

A direct consequence of the above implementation is the well-shaped block rewards in which big rewards due to network fluctuation are totally avoided. The following figures disclose the real situation most likely:

Mining at a network hashrate of 22 Mh/s results in 50 XMG/block, whilst hashrate increases to 36 Mh/s like mining the air.

Who shall mine nothing?

Provided that I have a miner with hash rate of 1000 kh/s; I would have big concern of yielding nothing at its full speed, but I don't care throwing 10kh/s at nothing. The reality behind this scene will be a different story; at the time by which the exit of miners will pull the block reward back to some numbers, one is able to mine something by then. Reducing hash rate does sound the right action in this incident.

Attenuating hashrate of miners in mining bitcoins is very unusual or pointless, since the higher the hash rate, the greater the bitcoin amount mined. Except this sole "advantage", there are dozens of facts people should be aware of that increasing hash rate comes along the wrong direction: 1) running a PC miner is totally incompetent since every single person in the world would like to sharpen their miners with high hashrate; 2) running 100% CPU usage miners is impractical in most of situations even if one can do so; 3) mobile devices are incompetent under this scene.

It will be wise to run a hashrate-depressed miner under the improved MagiReward system. Technically by doing so it's possible to run miners everywhere.

# m-cpuminer-legacy

We are "joking" the miner, but this is for real that you'll need it; running it in VPS without incurring limitation imposed by vendors? working computers / school's super computer? Cheesy Here is the option.

https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-legacy

Code:
minerdlegacy -o stratum+tcp://pool_url:pool_port -u pool_user.worker -p password -t thread_numbers -e cpu_efficiency

This is none different from the regular miner, except that an option "-e cpu_efficiency" is added, where cpu_efficiency is a number between 1 - 100, for example, 50 representing for 50% of CPU usage. A few instances:

-e 75 -->
-e 50 -->
-e 25 -->
-e 1   -->

Given 10~30% CPU usage, the miner is more like a regular program. Please notice that neither I nor the magi team shall be responsible for any consequence because you run the miner in your working computers or school super computer.

# PoS-II-V2

What we have done in this upgrade is adding rigorous limitation on the amount of coins in one transaction for staking purpose, and reducing maximum staking time within one week. We don't expect impact on typical situation where one remains wallet online for PoS stake; the offline time should not exceed more than a week. We also recommend to keep 100 - 1000 XMG in one transaction for best results.

Again, magi implemented a braking mechanism which makes it more secure compared to any other PoS coins. To understand that, take a look at the basic PoS mining equation:

Code:
hashProofOfStake <= [Coin-age] x [Target]
[Coin-age] = [amount of coins] x [days in stake]
and,
Code:
[PoS-block-reward] = [Coin-age] x APR / [days in a year] 

Apparently [Coin-age] is a paramount quantity for PoS, which is the driving force for people to stake with as many coins/days as possible. The major weakness in this mode is a possibility of attacking the network by mining a number of blocks ahead of other PoS miners, which can be done via accumulating significant [Coin-age] by

1) having significant amount of coins, which is technically difficult to be achieved in PPC, but rather easy in a freshly created coin;
2) accumulating significant amount of offline days of coins which shall not undergo any transactions before staking, which is a rather feasible approach.  

Approaches to resolve the above situation have been proposed, mostly by manipulating the staking days. In contrast to PPC's linearly increasing coin age with time, BC and RDD are two example coins with efforts towards this, but neither of them take care of both situations simultaneously. The BC's V2.0 takes the staking time out of the equation, i.e., [Coin-age] = [amount of coins], which does not solve the issue #1. It is also none organic that one cannot buy advantages from staking time using a cheap PC, in addition to simply buying coins. The growth rate of staking days over time is compromised in RDD if one stakes coins over a month; it should be noted that any desired attack can happen within a month staking time. In addition to the above point, one should be aware that the difference in the number of coins under stake should be emphasized too. The system should encourage one staking with more coins, but discourage greedy accumulations.

Magi's PoS-II?

Magi takes the following form for coin age:
Code:
[Coin-age] = [amount of coins] x M(coins, days)
where M(coins, days) is a function of the amount of coins, and the days under stake. [Coin-age] is also the so called stake weight. The best description of M is shown below:

It's rather empirical to determine the best value of stake days. I am rather taking time to sit down and figure, with a basic rule in mind, to limit it within a week. Let's see how it solves the PoS issues:

1) one holding more than 3000 XMG does not result any good in the stake weight; for staking over 25,000 XMG is like staking with nothing;
2) the maximum offline stake time is four days, beyond which staking weight starts to drop; it's unlikely to accumulate infinite staking time.

A side advantage of the PoS-II is that significant amount of offline time is not allowed. There is no advantage of gaining coin age for offline more than 4 days. For any online stake holders, the block time will be refreshed upon finding blocks. The stake weight (coin-age) nearly increases proportional to the amount of coins when coins in one transaction are between 100 and 1000 XMG.

# Misc updates

1) PoS status update in wallet GUI; please be aware that "expected time to earn reward" is only an estimate.  

2) Correction of the money supply shown in API calls: getinfo by reducing 720,000 XMG, which was burned (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9900074#msg9900074).

3) Added API calls:

Code:
getnetstakeweight

Code:
getmininginfo
"Expected PoS (hours)" : 3

Code:
getnewblockvaluebynumber 122478
{
    "flags" : "proof-of-work",
    "difficulty" : 1.62299710,
    "difficulty-V2" : 1.54876817,
    "blockvalue" : 5.36191184,
}

Mining calculator:
Code:
getminingbykhps 10
{
    "hashrate (kh/s)" : 10.00000000,
    "difficulty" : 1.56666109,
    "difficulty(aver)" : 1.35112710,
    "blockvalue" : 5.23089843,
    "mining (XMG)" : {
        "1 hour" : 0.03245060,
        "1 day" : 0.77881439,
        "1 week" : 5.45170070
    }
}

Check the second part of this post Trollollo

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:20:01 PM

This project has a great and active community. I believe great things will come too in the long term...

Thanks for the nice words and welcome in our awesome Magi community!

Samael82

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:36:55 AM

Hi men! Do somebody have positive experience at scheduled on idle mining on WinXp x86?
I have some scheduled at idle miners on win 7 x64 and they works.
But all my tries to schedule idle mining on WinXP (I have at least one i5 pc on Win XP) failed.
Somebody?
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:48:12 PM

Hi men! Do somebody have positive experience at scheduled on idle mining on WinXp x86?
I have some scheduled at idle miners on win 7 x64 and they works.
But all my tries to schedule idle mining on WinXP (I have at least one i5 pc on Win XP) failed.
Somebody?
Sorry I don't have experience with idle mining with WinXP x86. Maybe somebody else.

Thoughts are with the people from Belgium!

Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: