Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 [686] 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375342 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:17:41 PM

Hi all

Below the RULES from the awesome Magi (XMG) Proof of Interest campaign IV
The Magi Proof of Interest campaigns has been very successful. The past campaign gave interest between 6% & 7% during the campaign period. No banks will give you that.
In the past 2 years Magi has become a stable and fair currency.
This is due to the genius developer and the enormous willingness of the community to work together on this beautiful coin.
Magi has also started without a fund and without IPO.
Many things were achieved from voluntary and without private profit.
It is unique that the Magi continues to grow in this way and that makes the currency more attractive to the bigger players in the digital  currency world.

The Proof of Interest campaign is a token of appreciation from the Magi team to the beautiful and growing Magi community.
Magi will continue to ask the community to help further growth.
New articles, services, exchanges, faucets etc are things Magi is looking for.
Together we can achieve a lot!

Enjoy the Proof of Interest campaign and remember to read the rules!

Magi (XMG) The unique currency of the future!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banks do give interest but not very much! Magi does this better!
The Coin of the Magi is the digital currency of the future, fair unique and for all people living everywhere!

Rules for the Magi Proof of Interest 4 2016!

The base is very simple.
Time period: The Proof of Interest will last 3 months.

When can I register to participate? Registration will be open: 15-sept-2016  (Magi's birthday) & will be closed at 15-oct-2016.

How do I sign up? Tell me that you want to join the PoI here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Registration is done by posting your XMG address replying on Bitcoingarden or PM me here or on Bitcointalk.

What information should I include? Write your participating wallet XMG address in a reply here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Only one address allowed to join. Reminder: No exchange wallet-address!!!

The team will check the address initial balance, and that balance will start participating in the Proof of Interest campaign.
(With the use of the Block explorers)

When will I receive my interest? Interest will be paid after 15-jan-2017 (Interest period will be 3 months)

What happens if I have more XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017? You will receive interest on the amount present in your wallet on that date. (Advantage participant)

What happens if I have less XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017?
You will not receive any interest from campaign, if your initial balance has decreased more than 15% at the campaigns end! (Drawback participant)

What happens if I have used XMG to pay for goods? This has no negative effect on your interest. (Receipt required)

How will be interest distributed? The interest will be distributed by means of a specific calculation. This can be influenced by the number of participants, level of the fund and total number of coins that participate. Team will check addresses random and record the coins in that address. Based on that the interest calculation will be done! (With the use of the Block explorers)

Who will pay the interest for this Proof of Interest campaign? I received donations! Cheesy
(Love this guy) 25.000 XMG
On his request, the donor will remain anonymous! Payouts will be done by me.

Interest will be paid to the designated wallet-address.
Changes of participating address during the Proof of Interest is possible only once per user in the 3 months period (changing is not advisable, though).
Exchanges or wallet-address on an exchange are excluded from participation.

Your XMG balance for joining the Proof of Interest has to be min. 1000 XMG.
To make it more fair for all people the max amount of XMG you can use to join the Proof of Interest campaign will be 25.000 XMG
Example: Dave joins the Proof of Interest campaign with his wallet-address. The balance of his wallet is from the start of the campaing 44.000 XMG
The Proof of Interest campaign will give him interest over the first 25.000 XMG.
This will be more fair and stimulates the idea of decentralized currencies. Otherwise only the richer get richer right!

NOTE: The team reserves it's right to send a warning to a drawback member, that his balance is decrease more than 15% on their regular random balance checks.
There will be a limit set for the amount of people who can join the Proof of Interest. Will Follow!!
Remember the more coins you have in your wallet the higher the amount of coins you will receive by interest!

Magi likes to launch a fair & awesome new Proof of Interest campaign for the great community! Smiley
Magi team reserves the right to supplement the above rules if it is clear that important issues are not in the rules relating to the fairness of the campaign.

For the people who might missed this post here it is again!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:37:37 PM

Hey amigo, I'd love to get in the PoI-IV campaign, but since I'm officialy without wallet, though I possess a few thousand coins, I can't join for now Sad...
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:42:24 PM

Hey amigo, I'd love to get in the PoI-IV campaign, but since I'm officialy without wallet, though I possess a few thousand coins, I can't join for now Sad...
Its a shame you didn't get your wallet working yet, did you try both the old and new wallet versions or try the restore process on another computer? If you still have your address handy maybe its still worth trying to join the campaign.
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:39:02 AM

There is something strange happening on network...

CryptoID's block explorer shows block 988948 at the moment, but my wallet cant sync and it stays at block 988058

Maybe there is an attack?
Do you use the new wallet?

Yes, Magi v1.3.0.0
Was without any addnodes, after I found about the issue, added all nodes from CryptoID's block explorer and relaunched with -rescan and -resync.
Wallet still at block 988058.

Erkallys, was having some issues with his wallet a couple of days ago, Joe recommended the following (make sure you note the backup part =) )

I'm losing patience. I've resynchronised for the third time now with the new wallet, and I always get that Runtine error that end my wallet.

What if deleting everything under magi folder and then start up the new version (back up wallet)? Download blockchain if needed: http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain.

I still get the same errors, as below :

When I open the wallet :

When I try to send coins, when the wallet didn't crashed at startup :

PS : importing the private key into a fresh install, that do not have any problem, since I did not enter my wallet.dat in the files, did not work, since I see the address in my addresses list, but no coin in my wallet.

Maby it isndt the wallet but microsoft visual c ++ giving you a hardtime?

I doubt about it. When I put the wallet.dat (extracted from a Linux setup if that can help), the wallet starts jamming, so for me that's the reason.

Maybe extracting a wallet.dat from a Linux setup and trying to get it to work under Windows is giving some issues.  Have you tried to load the Linux wallet.dat using a wallet running in Linux?  If you can get it to load you can dump the private keys for the addresses and then load them into a wallet running under Windows.  You might even try the daemon to use that to dump the private keys. 
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:44:14 AM

dumpprivkey and importprivkey always work
(u can use a old version of the magi qt wihich is able open ur wallet.dat u dont have to sync to dumpprivkey)

u should really try to learn and understand blockchain technology and what ur address private key is
its as the name say a key that allow u access ur funds

all u need is to get ur key into the wallet and u can access them

never ever coins can be lost on a blockchain
all u can lose is access to ur coins......

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:02:56 PM

dumpprivkey and importprivkey always work
(u can use a old version of the magi qt wihich is able open ur wallet.dat u dont have to sync to dumpprivkey)

u should really try to learn and understand blockchain technology and what ur address private key is
its as the name say a key that allow u access ur funds

all u need is to get ur key into the wallet and u can access them

never ever coins can be lost on a blockchain
all u can lose is access to ur coins......

Hey, please, I'm not stupid. I how to use these, but as I told before, adding the address wasn't a solution. I can provide my wallet.dat and my private key to 111magic if he want so he can help me for that. I'll give some coins to him if he helps me getting that done Smiley !
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 05:13:06 PM

"Hey, please, I'm not stupid. I how to use these," We all know your not stupid, but we all also know we all can forget something.
We are only try to help and trying to figure out maby you didnt forget something. Tongue
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:15:20 PM

"Hey, please, I'm not stupid. I how to use these," We all know your not stupid, but we all also know we all can forget something.
We are only try to help and trying to figure out maby you didnt forget something. Tongue

I find that quite aggressive, but anyway my apologies if it wasn't intented rudely.

You can also try the idea of using my wallet.dat or my privatekey if you want, as I also have confidence in you.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 06:39:20 PM

I find that quite aggressive, but anyway my apologies if it wasn't intented rudely.

You can also try the idea of using my wallet.dat or my privatekey if you want, as I also have confidence in you.

never i would touch private keys of someone else

if u able to dump the private keys of addresses that show a balance on the explorer here
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

then u will be able recover ur funds

im very positive in that area because u not stupid

im also sorry if u did get my reply earlier like i would call ya stupid

i meet lot people who are in touch with cryptos and still belive the coins are in their wallet.dat and can be lost

all i wanted to make clear is that the keys are in the wallet and the coins are in the blockchain that each user have
this is why crypto is such a nice decentral storage of wealth
because coins can never get lost
only people could lose access by missing backup plans of their keys

trust me i know what im talking about lost like 30BTC in the past on funds i had no proper key backup Wink

so who is stupid is me
but its never to late to improve  Cool

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:09:27 PM

never i would touch private keys of someone else

if u able to dump the private keys of addresses that show a balance on the explorer here
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

then u will be able recover ur funds

im very positive in that area because u not stupid

im also sorry if u did get my reply earlier like i would call ya stupid

i meet lot people who are in touch with cryptos and still belive the coins are in their wallet.dat and can be lost

all i wanted to make clear is that the keys are in the wallet and the coins are in the blockchain that each user have
this is why crypto is such a nice decentral storage of wealth
because coins can never get lost
only people could lose access by missing backup plans of their keys

trust me i know what im talking about lost like 30BTC in the past on funds i had no proper key backup Wink

so who is stupid is me
but its never to late to improve  Cool

Okay so I'll never understand what's going on. Long story :

I have 5183 XMG in my wallet, but not all in the same address, though I can only access to one address.
That address is 95Pq5WAQqYg6MpRnomS4DiRwnfX9giCChy. I have the private key of this, since when I enter dumpprivatekey 95Pq5WAQqYg6MpRnomS4DiRwnfX9giCChy in the console, I get a string. However, when I enter that string in a fresh, stable and working wallet, where the what seems to be corrupted wallet.dat, I see the address in my address list, as usual, but no funds are showing up.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 09:31:39 PM

That address is 95Pq5WAQqYg6MpRnomS4DiRwnfX9giCChy. I have the private key of this, since when I enter dumpprivatekey 95Pq5WAQqYg6MpRnomS4DiRwnfX9giCChy in the console, I get a string. However, when I enter that string in a fresh, stable and working wallet, where the what seems to be corrupted wallet.dat, I see the address in my address list, as usual, but no funds are showing up.

once ur wallet is synced full u will have a balance same as u see on explorer

because u imported just this one key u will only have access to the coins stored in that address

and u will see the final balance once u finished sync the chain

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:37:26 AM

because u imported just this one key u will only have access to the coins stored in that address

Is there a command for resync or rescan the chain, without the need of redownloading the full chain? I have the same behaviour with other coins, and I don't want to download the full chain.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:08:08 AM

Is there a command for resync or rescan the chain, without the need of redownloading the full chain? I have the same behaviour with other coins, and I don't want to download the full chain.

u can not operate ur wallet without a sync chain
u can check through 1st page of this thread if XMG have some presynced blockchains for download so u can speed up the sync

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:20:42 AM

u can check through 1st page of this thread if XMG have some presynced blockchains for download so u can speed up the sync

I believe my blockchain is complete and consistent, so I do not see the necessity to download another one. I think, this is a screening issue only, I have it with Peercoins too. I have two Peercoin wallets, one of them having very old dust (from 2014 often) of a few Peercoins in one address. Exporting the primary key and importing it into the second wallet does not make the dust show up, and I don't want to sync the full blockchain for this.

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:25:52 AM

Hi all

Below the RULES from the awesome Magi (XMG) Proof of Interest campaign IV
The Magi Proof of Interest campaigns has been very successful. The past campaign gave interest between 6% & 7% during the campaign period. No banks will give you that.
In the past 2 years Magi has become a stable and fair currency.
This is due to the genius developer and the enormous willingness of the community to work together on this beautiful coin.
Magi has also started without a fund and without IPO.
Many things were achieved from voluntary and without private profit.
It is unique that the Magi continues to grow in this way and that makes the currency more attractive to the bigger players in the digital  currency world.

The Proof of Interest campaign is a token of appreciation from the Magi team to the beautiful and growing Magi community.
Magi will continue to ask the community to help further growth.
New articles, services, exchanges, faucets etc are things Magi is looking for.
Together we can achieve a lot!

Enjoy the Proof of Interest campaign and remember to read the rules!

Magi (XMG) The unique currency of the future!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banks do give interest but not very much! Magi does this better!
The Coin of the Magi is the digital currency of the future, fair unique and for all people living everywhere!

Rules for the Magi Proof of Interest 4 2016!

The base is very simple.
Time period: The Proof of Interest will last 3 months.

When can I register to participate? Registration will be open: 15-sept-2016  (Magi's birthday) & will be closed at 15-oct-2016.

How do I sign up? Tell me that you want to join the PoI here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Registration is done by posting your XMG address replying on Bitcoingarden or PM me here or on Bitcointalk.

What information should I include? Write your participating wallet XMG address in a reply here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Only one address allowed to join. Reminder: No exchange wallet-address!!!

The team will check the address initial balance, and that balance will start participating in the Proof of Interest campaign.
(With the use of the Block explorers)

When will I receive my interest? Interest will be paid after 15-jan-2017 (Interest period will be 3 months)

What happens if I have more XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017? You will receive interest on the amount present in your wallet on that date. (Advantage participant)

What happens if I have less XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017?
You will not receive any interest from campaign, if your initial balance has decreased more than 15% at the campaigns end! (Drawback participant)

What happens if I have used XMG to pay for goods? This has no negative effect on your interest. (Receipt required)

How will be interest distributed? The interest will be distributed by means of a specific calculation. This can be influenced by the number of participants, level of the fund and total number of coins that participate. Team will check addresses random and record the coins in that address. Based on that the interest calculation will be done! (With the use of the Block explorers)

Who will pay the interest for this Proof of Interest campaign? I received donations! Cheesy
(Love this guy) 25.000 XMG
On his request, the donor will remain anonymous! Payouts will be done by me.

Interest will be paid to the designated wallet-address.
Changes of participating address during the Proof of Interest is possible only once per user in the 3 months period (changing is not advisable, though).
Exchanges or wallet-address on an exchange are excluded from participation.

Your XMG balance for joining the Proof of Interest has to be min. 1000 XMG.
To make it more fair for all people the max amount of XMG you can use to join the Proof of Interest campaign will be 25.000 XMG
Example: Dave joins the Proof of Interest campaign with his wallet-address. The balance of his wallet is from the start of the campaing 44.000 XMG
The Proof of Interest campaign will give him interest over the first 25.000 XMG.
This will be more fair and stimulates the idea of decentralized currencies. Otherwise only the richer get richer right!

NOTE: The team reserves it's right to send a warning to a drawback member, that his balance is decrease more than 15% on their regular random balance checks.
There will be a limit set for the amount of people who can join the Proof of Interest. Will Follow!!
Remember the more coins you have in your wallet the higher the amount of coins you will receive by interest!

Magi likes to launch a fair & awesome new Proof of Interest campaign for the great community! Smiley
Magi team reserves the right to supplement the above rules if it is clear that important issues are not in the rules relating to the fairness of the campaign.

Reminder: no exchange wallet-addresses pls.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 08:34:53 AM

I believe my blockchain is complete and consistent, so I do not see the necessity to download another one. I think, this is a screening issue only, I have it with Peercoins too. I have two Peercoin wallets, one of them having very old dust (from 2014 often) of a few Peercoins in one address. Exporting the primary key and importing it into the second wallet does not make the dust show up, and I don't want to sync the full blockchain for this.

this is logical because default change coins are send to a change address
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change
if u import just the private key of main address to the new wallet then the new wallet dont have access to all the change addresses

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:21:20 PM

if u import just the private key of main address to the new wallet then the new wallet dont have access to all the change addresses

That's maybe a reason, but I don't see what's in that address I linked you. I'll check just now about the graphical issue.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:57:39 PM

I exported and imported the address that holds the dust coins, and I don't know, if this is a change address. Perhaps, but does it matter?

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:35:53 AM

I exported and imported the address that holds the dust coins, and I don't know, if this is a change address. Perhaps, but does it matter?

no

the explaination regarding change address was only to educate why the wallet create new addresses and have tx change coins there

in the end its all based on the original concept of satoshi nakamoto that addresses should ideal only have 2 transactions

one in and one out

which make trace funds and who owns what a lot more difficult and also increase the security of private keys against possible quantum computer attacks

POS coins break with that part of original bitcoin design and people are used to keep coins into same address

nothing special to XMG all pos coins based on peercoin have that behavior

the only coin that did react and increased the key lenght and security to counter this is afaik nexus

a very interesting and innovative hybrid POW/POS coin based on a far improved bitcoin/peercoin code

maybe joe when he have some time get a look on their codebase and get some "inspiration"

after all its open source anything that we find usefull we could use in XMG too

cryptodimension

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:33:54 PM

can people of this forum, please send me some magi to my address: 99VftEavR8C2T1pecc7mrPA8usWsWhNGci

iam really having trouble finding any working faucets, iam trying to verify that my wallet is working and syncing correctly, this is why i ask for some coins please, if many people can send me coins i will very happy on continuing to follow magi, iam new to magi, thank you all, have a great day.
Pages: « 1 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 [686] 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: