Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375298 times)
svedex

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:37:49 AM

i miss the beautiful pre-fork days when i mined 20-30 xmg's per day...the good ol' times...
nikaeen

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:47:44 AM

How can I convert Stake coins to available in my Wallet?
I didn't try it before - but I heard restarting a wallet (and not unlocking for staking) may help

I restarted my wallet and didn't work, I set posii=0 and restarted and nothing. now posii=0. Is possible I lost all my coins in stake . It is too much!  Embarrassed

It's over 3 days I converted posii=0 and all coins remained in stake. and didn't get available. What should I do?
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:18:35 PM

How can I convert Stake coins to available in my Wallet?
I didn't try it before - but I heard restarting a wallet (and not unlocking for staking) may help

I restarted my wallet and didn't work, I set posii=0 and restarted and nothing. now posii=0. Is possible I lost all my coins in stake . It is too much!  Embarrassed

It's over 3 days I converted posii=0 and all coins remained in stake. and didn't get available. What should I do?
Hmm strange. Try close wallet and restart after few minutes. Coins will be there. Maybe walletrepair might help. Remember to backup wallet always before actions

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
ders_a

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:48:01 PM

I went via Magi web. Still cannot find answer - Why Magi? What is better there than LTC, DOGE, BCC, DGB etc?

And what about any real life use of coin?

ParaplegicRacehorse

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:04:19 PM

Just a reminder to those frustrated by current XMG network.

The recent hard fork gathered lots of attention and excitement and people are jumping into the currency with both feet. It needs a few months to settle out.

Patience.

Twitter @coin_magi_xmg posted a couple weeks ago about a big announcement scheduled for 1 Feb. That will have some affect on popularity and is likely to again disrupt mining activity and rewards.

Patience.

Consider that exchanges dislike frequent hard forks. They're maintaining wallets for hundreds of coins, database servers, thousands of user accounts, fail-over and backup systems. They're busy. Don't make them do more wallet maintenance than needed. Every wallet upgrade requires testing prior to implementation live on their system. It has to function correctly with the user database, trade scripts, web front-end, etc.

It's a little easier for mining pools but they, too, have an expectation that their wallets are stable and their stratum gateways, account databases, and web front-ends all function nicely together. For big multi-pools, upgrading one wallet potentially breaks the whole pool.

Patience.

Any change to how the network deals with mining is going to require a hard fork and, as we've seen this month, hard forks can be messy and time-consuming and can even introduce bugs which break the network.

HODL.

Wait.

Watch.

Patience.

Let things settle down for three to six months.
btesla

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

We opened our own pool with just 1% fee, which is from our understanding very low. We are not aiming to get rich while sleeping, only so it can partly pay for the bandwidth etc. Hence the low fee.
You can join us at http://xmg.hashtech.nl we have a strict "no-whales-allowed" policy. Amount of KHs is subject to debate, but we will suspend any big hashers as we want go give everyone a chance to join into XMG.

Cheers!

Nice, but what is your transfer fee?!
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

We opened our own pool with just 1% fee, which is from our understanding very low. We are not aiming to get rich while sleeping, only so it can partly pay for the bandwidth etc. Hence the low fee.
You can join us at http://xmg.hashtech.nl we have a strict "no-whales-allowed" policy. Amount of KHs is subject to debate, but we will suspend any big hashers as we want go give everyone a chance to join into XMG.

Cheers!
Always good to see new pools come online =)
Verta Solutions

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:22:22 PM

Cheers!

It's set to 0.1 currently, which is about 8 cents. We will adjust accordingly on pool size and coin worth. Transfers will never be more then $0.10. This is simply to cover bandwidth and costs to keep the pool up. The more miners we have the lower we go, as we need less and less to cover for it. We have 100+ connections to the network so the confirms and block height updates will be quick. (We could go higher, but as we've experienced it doesn't result in better confirm or block height update speeds)
We are trying to encourage people to save a few XMG up before transferring it to their wallets. This is cheaper for us, but also for all the users.
Derko

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:55:25 AM

Cheers!

It's set to 0.1 currently, which is about 8 cents. We will adjust accordingly on pool size and coin worth. Transfers will never be more then $0.10. This is simply to cover bandwidth and costs to keep the pool up. The more miners we have the lower we go, as we need less and less to cover for it. We have 100+ connections to the network so the confirms and block height updates will be quick. (We could go higher, but as we've experienced it doesn't result in better confirm or block height update speeds)
We are trying to encourage people to save a few XMG up before transferring it to their wallets. This is cheaper for us, but also for all the users.

0.1 XMG is too high fee. The max acceptable fee is up to 0.05!
And do not convert it to $$$ and say, it is only $0.10!!! The current price of the coin is about $1, BUT next month could be $1000!
CryptoKhajiit

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:05:02 AM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XMG_BTC

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Magi XMG market open on Cryptopia exchange!
Enjoy trading again!

Great! Thanks. Smiley
Verta Solutions

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:50:38 PM

Cheers!

And do not convert it to $$$ and say, it is only $0.10!!! The current price of the coin is about $1, BUT next month could be $1000!

I honestly disagree with that. Fiat is what's paying the bill for the rack space its in, the energy it uses, the bandwidth it uses. If for any reason the coin would be worth $1000 next month, then we would set our fee at 0.0001
As written before, we adjust the fee accordingly to its market price. If you still think it's to high, it's your own choice of course. You are free to use a different pool or to go solo mining.
nikaeen

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:44:43 PM

Hi
Is there any way to reset my passphrase? I wrote it down but it's not working now! What should I do?
Please help!  Huh
Derko

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

Cheers!

I honestly disagree with that. Fiat is what's paying the bill for the rack space its in, the energy it uses, the bandwidth it uses. If for any reason the coin would be worth $1000 next month, then we would set our fee at 0.0001
As written before, we adjust the fee accordingly to its market price. If you still think it's to high, it's your own choice of course. You are free to use a different pool or to go solo mining.

I also disagree with you too. The cheapest VPS is about from $7 to $15 and is perfect start for new project like this. So, you will get VPS from $15/month. This is $0.5/day and with the current price of the coin you need 0.5 coins per day.
I will stop writing anymore, the above example is clear.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Cheers!

Personally, I don't have an issue with a 0.1 fee - I've been paying that to minerclaim and I appreciate the service that they deliver
Verta Solutions

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:34:15 PM

Cheers!

I also disagree with you too. The cheapest VPS is about from $7 to $15 and is perfect start for new project like this. So, you will get VPS from $15/month. This is $0.5/day and with the current price of the coin you need 0.5 coins per day.

I don't think you've got a grasp on what hardware it's hosted honestly. You go ahead, take the cheapest VPS you can find and see if you can handle a stratum pool with plenty of connections to different workers who report multiple times per second. I can tell you a 1 vCore 2ghz VPS wont cut it. And sure lets go for $0.5 per day or 0.5? XMG, which is actually $0.4 currently. How much transfers do you think we've got right now? The Pool is small, most smart people save XMG up and transfer in bigger amounts then 1 XMG. Shocker: none so far. How about mining fee? As of right now, in the 2 weeks its running (roughly), the fees has made up a total of 0.06 XMG, I don't think I need to do the math for that. Lets say instead of the 7-10 concurrent miners right now, we would have 70-100. Obviously the transfer fee won't be 0.1 but 0.01. We adjust accordingly.

Right now the  "VPS" is running on a spare SuperMicro X10 server, with 8GB of DDR4, 128GB of PCIe SSD, 2x 1Gbit Redundant connection in a 1U rackspace. Overkill? Yup, definitely. Is the fee for covering that? Nope, just energy which is about 25 Watts or so and bandwidth which isnt calculated right now, as a month hasn't passed so we cant get reliable numbers.

The idea is to, eventually drop the transfer fee entirely, and soly go on the 1% miner fee. Because that will be plenty of coverage for the resources used. But thats not viable right now from a business stand point, as we have not enough users to accommodate for that at all.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:41:06 PM
Merited by starmman (1)

Magi XMG welcomes https://tradesatoshi.com/
as new exchange trading Magi XMG.

Derko

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:47:39 PM

Cheers!

I don't think you've got a grasp on what hardware it's hosted honestly. You go ahead, take the cheapest VPS you can find and see if you can handle a stratum pool with plenty of connections to different workers who report multiple times per second. I can tell you a 1 vCore 2ghz VPS wont cut it. And sure lets go for $0.5 per day or 0.5? XMG, which is actually $0.4 currently. How much transfers do you think we've got right now? The Pool is small, most smart people save XMG up and transfer in bigger amounts then 1 XMG. Shocker: none so far. How about mining fee? As of right now, in the 2 weeks its running (roughly), the fees has made up a total of 0.06 XMG, I don't think I need to do the math for that. Lets say instead of the 7-10 concurrent miners right now, we would have 70-100. Obviously the transfer fee won't be 0.1 but 0.01. We adjust accordingly.

Right now the  "VPS" is running on a spare SuperMicro X10 server, with 8GB of DDR4, 128GB of PCIe SSD, 2x 1Gbit Redundant connection in a 1U rackspace. Overkill? Yup, definitely. Is the fee for covering that? Nope, just energy which is about 25 Watts or so and bandwidth which isnt calculated right now, as a month hasn't passed so we cant get reliable numbers.

The idea is to, eventually drop the transfer fee entirely, and soly go on the 1% miner fee. Because that will be plenty of coverage for the resources used. But thats not viable right now from a business stand point, as we have not enough users to accommodate for that at all.

I wish you luck.
btesla

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:22:41 PM

Cheers!

Comparing to the others like:
- SuprNova fee is 0.0001 XMG
- Bull Mining  fee is 0.01 XMG
- The LuckyPool fee 0.01 XMG
- MinerClaim fee is 0.05 XMG

It's clear that the mentioned 0.1 XMG is too high fee!  Wink
lyenolantin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Are my coins in Cryptopia safe? Can't even trade it inside the exchange right now 😞
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
Merited by edward0181 (1)

Are my coins in Cryptopia safe? Can't even trade it inside the exchange right now 😞
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XMG_BTC

Cryptopia market is already open!

Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: