Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit  (Read 16002 times)
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:42:33 AM

having a problem with one of my s3 upgrade kits, does anyone know how to fix this? I think the issue is related to the fact that the miner status screen is showing 4 chains:

Has anybody figured out what's causing this problem yet?

send a pic of the miner control board and ur set up it really looks like you might have made a wrong connection
Here's a picture. Their aren't very many connections, they look like they are correct to me:

Do you have all 4 power ports active? I'm only running 1 on each side...

did you make sure that all the data connections are completly down ? and that you placed them the correct way with the 2 pins  look at the connector plastic
The connectors only go in one way.
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:03:05 AM

having a problem with one of my s3 upgrade kits, does anyone know how to fix this? I think the issue is related to the fact that the miner status screen is showing 4 chains:

Has anybody figured out what's causing this problem yet?

send a pic of the miner control board and ur set up it really looks like you might have made a wrong connection
Here's a picture. Their aren't very many connections, they look like they are correct to me:

Do you have all 4 power ports active? I'm only running 1 on each side...

did you make sure that all the data connections are completly down ? and that you placed them the correct way with the 2 pins  look at the connector plastic
The connectors only go in one way.
Problem appears to be solved. I think the 4 pin connector, closest in the picture, on the new board was not fully seated. The upgrade appears to be working properly now. Thank you.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:43:38 AM

Any one know where these are in stock at a fair price.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:17:35 AM

Any one know where these are in stock at a fair price.

+1

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

I got my 2 today and put them together without any issues. I really enjoyed it and wish I had bought more. BitMain really packed everything well and the units are baking in with almost no hardware errors at 237.7 freq. I wouldn't worry that they don't ship paste since there is more than enough from the S1 card leftovers to sufficiently cover the chips. Also, there is really no noise addition like I had previously thought there would be. I'm very happy I bought these and will pick up more if they ever come back in stock.
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:57:40 PM

I asked when they would be back in stock at bitman and was told they are now discontinued. Sad

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
brudog

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:29:05 AM

Got my upgrade kit and installed it today. Updated firmware to S320140826. starts ok, shows all O's for the chips, doesn't show the frequency and only one fan speed.

Only hashes 103 Gh/s. Re-start it does the same. How can I find what frequency it's running at?
brudog

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:56:42 AM

Sorry for jumping the gun with my post. After reading a little more I found miner config- advanced and changed the frequency from 218 to 225 and presto   431 and still climbing. Ya-hoo!
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:33:38 AM

I asked when they would be back in stock at bitman and was told they are now discontinued. Sad

I'm going to beg. Those kits are awesome!
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:52:26 PM

meh
polarbeardn

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:06:12 PM

Someone Can Please Help!
I have 2 broken control boards of my old Antminers S1. I need these boards to the Ugrade Kit?

Please inform which part of old Antminer S1 will be in use in new Upgrade Kit, it seems everything is in Upgrade Kit. Nothing of my old antminers - except the support structure - will be recycled even the old fans are not in use with the new Kit, correct?

I just bought a set of upgrades, and they require the Lan-wireless boards...  and it only comes with one fan... to upgrade your system to a push pull system...  and Im not happy with mine,,  missing cables, and screws...  just not happy at all... and the one I got working,,,  will only hash at 100G Hash...  so Im done!
ubergeekin

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:09:30 AM

Having issues with one of my upgrades. All of the other 6 units are hashing without issue, but one unit refuses to mine. I'm getting 100% discarded. I'm not sure what's going on with this unit.

I've tried the following:
1. Updated to latest S3 firmware, not saving config
2. Configured unit from scratch (same problem)
3. Backed up and restored a working config from another unit (same problem)
4. Rebooted numerous times
5. Powered off/on unit numerous times

I'm running out of ideas on what could be the issue. Any ideas of suggestions from the community on what could be causing this issue?
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:49:52 AM

Someone Can Please Help!
I have 2 broken control boards of my old Antminers S1. I need these boards to the Ugrade Kit?

Please inform which part of old Antminer S1 will be in use in new Upgrade Kit, it seems everything is in Upgrade Kit. Nothing of my old antminers - except the support structure - will be recycled even the old fans are not in use with the new Kit, correct?

I just bought a set of upgrades, and they require the Lan-wireless boards...  and it only comes with one fan... to upgrade your system to a push pull system...  and Im not happy with mine,,  missing cables, and screws...  just not happy at all... and the one I got working,,,  will only hash at 100G Hash...  so Im done!
Did you install the new firmware (make sure to untick 'keep settings'), setup the network and pool config and select the frequency (Miner configuration, 'advanced' tab)?
I did a pair of upgrades and they are working just fine.  The only minor flaws are that the 2nd fan speed is not displayed and the LAN connector has limited space, so molded Ethernet RJ-45 connectors cannot fit.  Both of the upgraded S1/3's can be pushed to 250 MHz doing about 500 GH/s, or run in 'economy mode' at 206.5 MHz doing about 415 GH/s (and anything in between).

Cheers
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:56:10 AM

Having issues with one of my upgrades. All of the other 6 units are hashing without issue, but one unit refuses to mine. I'm getting 100% discarded. I'm not sure what's going on with this unit.

I've tried the following:
1. Updated to latest S3 firmware, not saving config
2. Configured unit from scratch (same problem)
3. Backed up and restored a working config from another unit (same problem)
4. Rebooted numerous times
5. Powered off/on unit numerous times

I'm running out of ideas on what could be the issue. Any ideas of suggestions from the community on what could be causing this issue?
Check that there is no IP conflict with other units (that this Antminer is setup to a unique IP, my preference is to stick with fixed addresses on the wired WAN setting). 
Make sure that there are no typo's in the pool settings (had one of those on my very first S1, thought it was DOA).
If these fail to solve it, try first to do a Reboot (System, reboot tab, click 'reboot now').
Failing that, make sure that all of your ribbon cable connectors are fully pushed into their sockets, and follow the same connection pattern as on the working units (see post above where another user had an issue with the connector not fully engaged).
You can also swap power supplies etc.

Cheers
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:17:58 PM

finally got one to day after weeks of mining .  I even went to bitmain site to order one they stopped selling it , then i found another site that had it on sell for 209 as i was ordering it it sold out so two days ago i was on E bay that was my last resort before i bought it off amazon and tired to work a deal with some one there i won't get into how that went so I  ended up buying one off of amazon this morning for 266 free shipping .  its was shipped all most right way i was very impressed with how fast he shipped it. may be Friday i get to have some upgrade fun .

Happy mining

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:02:30 PM

finally got one to day after weeks of mining .  I even went to bitmain site to order one they stopped selling it , then i found another site that had it on sell for 209 as i was ordering it it sold out so two days ago i was on E bay that was my last resort before i bought it off amazon and tired to work a deal with some one there i won't get into how that went so I  ended up buying one off of amazon this morning for 266 free shipping .  its was shipped all most right way i was very impressed with how fast he shipped it. may be Friday i get to have some upgrade fun .

Happy mining

cya
You can get an s3 for that price though =/

its not the money i wont buy any more unless its be low 200

it was more for the fun of doing it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
twigsnberries

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Has anyone had issues with missing parts??  I got mine and was missing one set of the 2x10 pin cables.  Next quest...is there anywhere that I can order these cables from??  I emailed Bitmain and they wont send them to me unless I place another order from them...Seems like bad business, but whatever.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:22:46 PM

Has anyone had issues with missing parts??  I got mine and was missing one set of the 2x10 pin cables.  Next quest...is there anywhere that I can order these cables from??  I emailed Bitmain and they wont send them to me unless I place another order from them...Seems like bad business, but whatever.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure they are 10 pin cables?
Heres one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/360941816064?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

And here's an 8 way on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92315-0810-Molex-Cable-Assembly-Flat-8-Way-100mm-/360941816061?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5409cf08fd

kbhamill

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:23:27 AM

Happy mining

cya
You can get an s3 for that price though =/

its not the money i wont buy any more unless its be low 200

it was more for the fun of doing it .

The S1 upgrade kit was probably the biggest favor bitmain has offered it's customers, and I'm glad I bought mine when I did. Naturally it occurred to me with the glut of S1 for sale on ebay as people bail on mining, why not pick up a few units specifically to upgrade once bitmain restocked and started selling the kits again. Thank God I sent an email to bitmain before buying S1s for that purpose. Here's how it went.

2014-10-08 5:52 GMT+08:00

Are you going to start reselling the S1 upgrade kit? If so when? Please respond. Thank you

Hi,
it's discontinued, consider other product to try:)

Best Regards

BITMAIN

The upshot, the upgrade kits which produced a cooler running, faster, more stable unit than the S3+, were cannibalizing bitmain's sales of the new S3+ units. Not good for their bottom line. If your sitting on a bunch of S1 waiting to upgrade them, you'll want to get what you can for them, as quickly as you can, before your left with a bunch of overpriced boat anchors. Thanks Bitmain, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Breeze

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:10:12 PM

Hi!
Got my upgrade kit today. I followed the youtube video. Everything went well and i powered it up. Lights strt to blink on the control boards and the Lan connection. Then i went upstairs to my computer to make the firmware update to S3 firmware. Before i managed to login to my upgraded S1 i hear suddenly that the fans started to blow full power making lot of noise and went down stair to check. Found that no lights were blinking. One led light (red) were barely lighten up on the new controller board, you almost couldnt see it.

I checked all the cables tried with 2 PSU (Corsair CX600) at the same time. no progress =(

Any ideas or tips? Is my upgrade kit f****d up? =(

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: