Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for new users regarding CLOUD MINING  (Read 44150 times)
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

Great article!!! Thank you!

I'm testing on small quantities some cloud mining services. From this three I already get withdrawals:

Cryptomine.io - payments everyday, we can set withdrawal when is >0.02) - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832448

Hash Profit - payments every day, withdrawal automatic when is >0.05) - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755527.0

Cloud Mining.website  - payments every day, withdrawals one time per week in monday - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843417.0

Today i start testing Cloudminr.io - atm i can not say to much, but in my signature you can find some informations and links.

Have you been able to determine which of these are Ponzi schemes and which are not?

The biggest Ponzi allegation is against PB mining and they have not failed even after a year.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8180

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Great article!!! Thank you!

I'm testing on small quantities some cloud mining services. From this three I already get withdrawals:

Cryptomine.io - payments everyday, we can set withdrawal when is >0.02) - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832448

Hash Profit - payments every day, withdrawal automatic when is >0.05) - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755527.0

Cloud Mining.website  - payments every day, withdrawals one time per week in monday - more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843417.0

Today i start testing Cloudminr.io - atm i can not say to much, but in my signature you can find some informations and links.

Have you been able to determine which of these are Ponzi schemes and which are not?

The biggest Ponzi allegation is against PB mining and they have not failed even after a year.

Maybe because Bitcoin price is going down a difficulty is going up, they are paying only what a miner would produce (if they actually had some) and in terms of fiat, that amount has plummeted over the last year.  Given that most miners wont make back their cost, they don't have to ever pay you back everything you gave them either.  If you do the math, you will see it for yourself instead of believing in them based on the fact that they are still around.  Notice they are located in Canada and will not sell to Canadians - ask yourself "Why?"
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

i really more of this cloud services would have platform like cex.io I do own cex.io, i also have hashie.co, some havelock AMhash1 to try out and gawcloud hashlets oh and hashnest.com . I pointed out those names of things i have as OF TODAY since it can change tomorrow or even after i write this post lol. I just wish they would have interface like Cex.io where you can buy even in fractional GHS or alot if you wish. Also i like the fact Cex.io lets you see in REAL TIME earnings from each block found as they come in and clear confirmations. This other sites all seem to have daily payouts i HATE THAT i like real time stats and payouts. Also a big thing i love about cex.io and why i stay with them Despite high fees and prices is that you can make " vouchers " dont matter if it is for 0.5 GHS or for 500 GHS or 1TH can do it all and then we can gift them to other people for holidays or birthdays. Heck we can even sell the " cex.io vouchers " on places like ebay or amazon and i know alot of people like this option as do people who want to get into bitcoin but dont want to use coinbase or site familiar. Even some people that want to get into bitcoin cant cause they only like 13-15 so have no way to open account to buy bitcoin but can use prepaid cards on paypal to buy cex.io vouchers. This is just my 2 cents why i think more sites should be in the platform sense like cex.io i will post this same post on the 3-4 pages of forum i read most/ post to.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:34:01 PM

i really more of this cloud services would have platform like cex.io I do own cex.io, i also have hashie.co, some havelock AMhash1 to try out and gawcloud hashlets oh and hashnest.com . I pointed out those names of things i have as OF TODAY since it can change tomorrow or even after i write this post lol. I just wish they would have interface like Cex.io where you can buy even in fractional GHS or alot if you wish. Also i like the fact Cex.io lets you see in REAL TIME earnings from each block found as they come in and clear confirmations. This other sites all seem to have daily payouts i HATE THAT i like real time stats and payouts. Also a big thing i love about cex.io and why i stay with them Despite high fees and prices is that you can make " vouchers " dont matter if it is for 0.5 GHS or for 500 GHS or 1TH can do it all and then we can gift them to other people for holidays or birthdays. Heck we can even sell the " cex.io vouchers " on places like ebay or amazon and i know alot of people like this option as do people who want to get into bitcoin but dont want to use coinbase or site familiar. Even some people that want to get into bitcoin cant cause they only like 13-15 so have no way to open account to buy bitcoin but can use prepaid cards on paypal to buy cex.io vouchers. This is just my 2 cents why i think more sites should be in the platform sense like cex.io i will post this same post on the 3-4 pages of forum i read most/ post to.

There is reason why this people (13-15) can't (alone) open accounts..  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 07:17:38 PM

There is reason why this people (13-15) can't (alone) open accounts..  Wink
yes cause the regulation says no, but when i was 13 i would work snow time plowing snow and the summer i would work a few weeks in a ranch might not be much but each year i would safely say i made about $2000 a year maybe $2500. I know its not alot but this was back in early 90s. I would put all my money into a savings account and did this till i was 19 " legal age in my area " then boom hello almost $20,000 including parents and grandparents allowance and birthday and xmas money lol. Im sure i would have more but i would keep like 15% to myself cash to have. I can only imagine what it would be worth if i had something like bitcoin to put it into might have lost but might have made more than bank saving rate of 2.5% that i had

kotwica666
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:43:15 PM

There is reason why this people (13-15) can't (alone) open accounts..  Wink
yes cause the regulation says no, but when i was 13 i would work snow time plowing snow and the summer i would work a few weeks in a ranch might not be much but each year i would safely say i made about $2000 a year maybe $2500. I know its not alot but this was back in early 90s. I would put all my money into a savings account and did this till i was 19 " legal age in my area " then boom hello almost $20,000 including parents and grandparents allowance and birthday and xmas money lol. Im sure i would have more but i would keep like 15% to myself cash to have. I can only imagine what it would be worth if i had something like bitcoin to put it into might have lost but might have made more than bank saving rate of 2.5% that i had

That is really nice story.. and looks like bank advertisement  Wink but reality is brutal and kids and teenagers are very easy targets for scummers.. Law is just to protect them.

E: When i was 13-14 i was selling newspapers on the street.. but i didn't even think about bank account! My target was PC 486 dx2 80Mghz with 4 MB RAM Wink

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:18:54 PM

There is reason why this people (13-15) can't (alone) open accounts..  Wink

That is really nice story.. and looks like bank advertisement  Wink but reality is brutal and kids and teenagers are very easy targets for scummers.. Law is just to protect them.

E: When i was 13-14 i was selling newspapers on the street.. but i didn't even think about bank account! My target was PC 486 dx2 80Mghz with 4 MB RAM Wink
lol dam that is some old school dream takes me back to day ... lol bank advertisment i better get paid if they use my story Tongue

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

First off I will preface by saying that my only current holdings are BTC, LTC, Monero, USD and I am enrolled in Stunna's PrimeDice signature campaign.  I do not have any stake in any Bitcoin based business nor do I have any affiliation with any business other than my own medical practice.  I have a small GPU farm (residual of my previous monster) and 2 Antminer S3 B6 ASICs.

A lot of users are coming onto these forums learning about Bitcoin and hearing about people making some money and possibly even becoming rich or filthy rich.  While I will not say the time to make $ in crytocurrency is over, the chance to make significant profits by mining is gone (at least for now).  Many new users who are not familiar with how to build computers let alone mine on them come to these forums looking to invest $ and get involved with the cryptocurrency "craze" - the biggest notable coin obviously being Bitcoin BTC.

There are 3 basic ways to acquire BTC
-Mine them using dedicated hardware known as ASICs (previously CPUs and video cards were used, now that is obsolete)
-Buy virtual or cloud mining contracts with fiat (cash) and get a flow of BTC into your account/wallet for the defined contract length
-Buy them in person via localbitcoins or on an exchange like BTCe, Bitstamp, Poloniex, Crytpsy etc
-Work for them as you would with your regular job but receive payment in BTC as opposed to fiat like US Dollars - see the services section to look for job offers

So ever since CEX.IO started offering virtual or cloud mining a lot of users have considered this option since they didn't have to deal with the noise, heat, electricity rewiring, fire risks, maintenance and general headache involved with actual mining.  Many of the more "veteran" bitcoiners like myself felt that these companies did nothing for the Bitcoin community other than enrich themselves and we were vehement about avoiding these companies.  After all, why would a company go through the trouble of setting up something that would generate passive profit and offer to give you some of that profit.  No company performs a service like that in the real world - only charities do.  The prices at CEX are also insanely priced relative to actual hardware ownership but supporters of CEX will argue that the profit to be made is from trading and not from the actual hashing you purchase.  To that I would rebutt that why would you risk adding a middleman if all you wanted to do was trade for more BTC - you might as well trade BTC for fiat on an established exchange.

Well the discussion about whether or not cloud mining is good or not can go on and on - and it has valid points on both sides.  What I don't like to see is new users arriving on these forums looking to get involved with cryptocurrency only to have a bad experience and then end up thinking the cryptocurrency world is full of scammers and cheaters.  We do have thousands of scammers.  But we have over a million good hearted people who would be the kind of person to let you know you dropped your wallet in a store.  To that effect, I will warn new users to consider some things particular to cloud mining.  First, let me go over the risks of mining with real hardware so you can see why people considered cloud mining at first:

With real hardware:
1) You hope the company you order from is not a scam.  You hope you don't send them 5 BTC for a miner and then they just disappear.  Since BTC are NEVER reversible (unlike credit card payments) once you send your payment you are at the mercy of the receiver to send the coins back should you have a problem or want a refund.
2) You hope you get the hardware when promised. This was a HUGE issue for miners (myself included).  BFL shipped my pre-order almost 13 months after I ordered it, about 10 months late.
3) You hope the hardware, once it arrives meets specification.  It hashes at the right speed and uses the amount of power it said it would (or less preferably)
4) You hope the hardware is reliable and doesn't die.  With mining, time is money - at the present time is more important than future time - especially when the mining difficulty increase (please read up about Bitcoin difficulty if you do not understand this)
5) You hope you earn more with the miner than you paid - this should be obvious to be considered an investment.  Sadly this is where the majority of hardware manufacturers are failing their customers but with good reason - going back to why would somebody sell you something that could make profits for them?
6) You hope that if the hardware does fail the company will RMA it quickly

Now let's compare to cloud mining:
1) Again you hope the company is not a scam.  You don't want to buy a 5 year contract and then have the company run away after collecting up-front contract income for 6 months.  In the crypto world unless you know the names and address of the actual company you are dealing with you will most likely never see your money again.
2&3) Cloud miners typically will deliver exactly what they promised in terms of hasrate or people would get upset at the very first day and it would be bad for their image. You don't need to worry about specs and efficiency.
4) Cloud mining does require the mining company to be able to reliably mine.  I haven't heard of these companies having significant down-time or server issues
5) Just like with actual hardware no mining company has been shown to really be worth buying other than PBMining - and for that we have the issues below
6) You are relying on the company to be in business and holding up their contract for the set duration.  Now consider your contracts with phone carriers, internet access, cable TV etc.  I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but in the US these companies are notorious for changing the rules and changing your contract and secretly charging you more fees and trying to trick their customers with the full blessing of the US government (via FTC consent).  Now think about the crytocurrency world where many companies are anonymous and newly created - do you trust a company that has been around for 3 months to honor a 5 year contract?  If they go bankrupt who are you going to call?  Would you trust the 40 year roofing warranty from a 2 month old roofing shingle company?

And that last point #6 is where the biggest issue with cloud mining resides.  Let's forget about whether you'll make money or not.  Let's forget about whether they restrict you to mining on certain pools (or even algorithms if you're mining alternative coins).  Let's assume you get a contract and you start getting income into your wallet.  You have to HOPE that the company stays in business and doesn't shut down for the life of the contract - especially since many of these companies do not allow you to transfer ownership of your contract.  You are trusting these cloud mining companies.  If the company showed me the management positions, pictures of these people, address where the business is headquartered (not necessarily where the mining is going on for security reasons) then perhaps I would be willing to trust these companies.  I run a business myself - I am incorporated in California as a physician and my information is clearly visible to the CA public.  These mining companies should at the very least show you their credentials before you invest with them.

Gavin Anderson, one of the lead BTC developers recently echoed similar sentiments:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112329/gavin-andresens-fractional-reserve-mining-cloud-miners-respond

Having said that, I will list some companies.  I am not endorsing any of these companies - just making a list for reference.  If a representative from the company would like me to amend statements or prove the company's validity please post in this thread or link to the official announcement thread.  The End User must do the due diligence and investigate the company before investing.

CEX.IO
  • Considered the first cloud mining company and is a subsidiary/partner to Ghash.IO
  • Allows you to buy and sell your hashrate at any time - this is the only way to make any profit from this service.  You will lose money if you just buy hashing power.
  • Insanely overpriced (relative to physical hardware) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661122.0
  • Your cloud hashing may at times even cost you money due to the insanely overpriced maintenance fees you will lose money during bad luck spells

Megamine.com

Finalhash.com
  • Added to list per Finalhash's request
  • They are incorporated in the  US state of Wyoming
  • Buying a contract appears to entail buying hardware which will be shipped to you at the end of the contract

GawMiner/Zenminer

Genesis-mining

Kryptologika

NiceHash.com

lunamine.com
  • CONFIRMED SCAM! - took contracts for a couple months and now the website is down - ran away with over 2000BTC!!!
  • Ran a signature advertising campaign and failed to pay all the signature bearers stealing even more money!!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686826.0

PBMining
  • Has undoubtedly the best prices in the cloud mining industry
  • Should be assumed to be a ponzi unless it can be demonstrated otherwise since their model is unsustainable.  I don't accuse people instant but the company has not provided any proof otherwise despite multiple claims of operating a ponzi.  They also have no evidence of an actual farm, no evidence that they are actually mining (can't show block generation).  They may show pictures, but I can stand in front of the Statue of Liberty and claims it's mine.
  • Will most likely end up disappearing like lunamine

If you have other major cloud hashing sites I should add please list them in the above format.  

Maybe you can add cloudminr : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850784.0

0.0014/Ghs or 0.00126 for 2000ghs or more
AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:58:02 AM

Woah, this was a goldmine of information
Me and my friends decided to mine altcoins at home and now, we know that exactly what to do, provided that we get free electricity. I researches a lot about cex.io and it turns out to be a website which is useless but has a nice web design, that's it, only trading ghs might give profits, exactly what you said.
Thanks a lot mate.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

Me and my friends decided to mine altcoins at home and now, we know that exactly what to do, provided that we get free electricity. I researches a lot about cex.io and it turns out to be a website which is useless but has a nice web design, that's it, only trading ghs might give profits, exactly what you said.
Thanks a lot mate.
If you're all about design, check out the new hashbase.
https://i.imgur.com/RREGdr7.jpg

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
kotwica666
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:12:11 PM

Thanks a lot mate.

In my opinion CEX.IO is Cloud Mining Service like McDonalds is restaurant.. Wink

AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:10:34 PM

Thanks a lot mate.
If you're all about design, check out the new hashbase.
https://i.imgur.com/RREGdr7.jpg

What I just saw was completely top notch and I found out the gradient and now I'm going to make a mockup of it

picolo

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:15:21 PM

Thanks a lot mate.

Cex.io has a good design and was good at marketing its website with the free fee trading options and the juicy referral program.
Most costumers probably lost money.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

Thanks a lot mate.

In my opinion CEX.IO is Cloud Mining Service like McDonalds is restaurant.. Wink
I dont understand is that suppose to say cex is so large like mcdonalds or are you trying to say cex is like mcdonalds that they dont sell best food yet they still have billions of orders served since they are fast and efficient  Huh

picolo

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:07:14 AM

Thanks a lot mate.

I dont understand is that suppose to say cex is so large like mcdonalds or are you trying to say cex is like mcdonalds that they dont sell best food yet they still have billions of orders served since they are fast and efficient  Huh

He meant it is a low quality but easy to consume product
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 03:00:22 PM

Thanks a lot mate.

gotcha see i can understand that and like i said i eat at mcdonalds sometimes during my lunch break at work. Do i like mcdonalds because they have good quality food, no. I like them because food is good enough to each and they fast not the best but convinient.

picolo

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:54:34 PM

Thanks a lot mate.

I dont understand is that suppose to say cex is so large like mcdonalds or are you trying to say cex is like mcdonalds that they dont sell best food yet they still have billions of orders served since they are fast and efficient  Huh

gotcha see i can understand that and like i said i eat at mcdonalds sometimes during my lunch break at work. Do i like mcdonalds because they have good quality food, no. I like them because food is good enough to each and they fast not the best but convinient.

They are kind of cheap, kind of fast, it's convenient and you are comfortable in the restaurant but too much McDonald's is bad for your health.
nickm50000

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

This seems like a good thread to post my genesis vs gaw comparisons. I signed up with both of them 4-5 days ago around the same time. I bought a 2 MH with Genesis and a 1 MH with GAW to compare them before I spent some real money. Genesis is giving me around 8 cents a day and ive got a total of 40 cents from them in this time. I expected this.

GAW has been far worse. FAR WORSE. in the 4-5 days I have been with them I have 2 cents total. Not only that but the fees from GAW are eating away ALL of my profits. check these GAW payouts

BTC Payout
    0.00020793 BTC
Maintenance Fee
    -0.00020792 BTC

That is a huge problem. fees are taking the profits. I did not signup for that and I dont expect GAW to get any better. While genesis payments have decreased a tad they are still way better. I have not tried any other cloud mining companies yet. I was going to try a few more but after my experience with GAW i just dont know.
picolo

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:37:39 PM

This seems like a good thread to post my genesis vs gaw comparisons. I signed up with both of them 4-5 days ago around the same time. I bought a 2 MH with Genesis and a 1 MH with GAW to compare them before I spent some real money. Genesis is giving me around 8 cents a day and ive got a total of 40 cents from them in this time. I expected this.

GAW has been far worse. FAR WORSE. in the 4-5 days I have been with them I have 2 cents total. Not only that but the fees from GAW are eating away ALL of my profits. check these GAW payouts

BTC Payout
    0.00020793 BTC
Maintenance Fee
    -0.00020792 BTC

That is a huge problem. fees are taking the profits. I did not signup for that and I dont expect GAW to get any better. While genesis payments have decreased a tad they are still way better. I have not tried any other cloud mining companies yet. I was going to try a few more but after my experience with GAW i just dont know.

It is smart to start very small to see how much you can get. Cheap Ghs, safe company and low maintenance fees is the winning combination but if the company is well established you will get higher prices
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:53:02 PM

BTC Payout
    0.00020793 BTC
Maintenance Fee
    -0.00020792 BTC

It is smart to start very small to see how much you can get. Cheap Ghs, safe company and low maintenance fees is the winning combination but if the company is well established you will get higher prices

That is why you gotta try www.cloudmining.website (0.001 BTC/Ghs), www.cloudminer.io (0.0014 BTC/Ghs), www.hashie.io (4.59 USD/Ghs) etc. where u can actually have some profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: