Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)  (Read 78413 times)
cubydu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:20:37 PM

Prozcoin giveaway on twitter:

https://twitter.com/ProzCoin

what about polo ?

ProzCoin (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:23:54 PM

Should be some point today.  Their developer is a busy man Smiley

Chris

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:43:24 PM

These are my concerns with ProzCoin:

Only 100 million coins will cause HUGE inflation.
Needing another coin to send ProzCoin.
Can't find anything about txs times (I am not familiar with MasterCoin so I am not sure what the details are but you should post them in your thread to make it easier for people to follow).
Listed on exchanges when the client isn't even out yet.
No mention of what will be open soure.
PoW is a dying breed.
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

These are my concerns with ProzCoin:

Only 100 million coins will cause HUGE inflation.
Needing another coin to send ProzCoin.
Can't find anything about txs times (I am not familiar with MasterCoin so I am not sure what the details are but you should post them in your thread to make it easier for people to follow).
Listed on exchanges when the client isn't even out yet.
No mention of what will be open soure.
PoW is a dying breed.

I believe I can address your concerns:

We don't plan to oversaturate the market with our own coin as to cause said inflation.  As 78% of the coin will be in public escrow with Poloniex, we have a scheduled release plan for the coins so that the coins allocated to each slot whether PoA, or PoA/PoW mining is set to pan out over 3-4 years.  So the 10 million set aside for PoA rewards won't even all be distributed until 3-4 years has elapsed, and the same for the PoA/PoW reward blocks.  A sum of the coins will be sold over the 3-4 years to establish reserves for the economic infrastructure, which will also be made public.

The desktop client was not high priority since this project is moreso about an entire ecosystem that operates on a cooperative paradigm so that we allow any coin to be promoted within our Coin Proz network, any PoW coin to be mined through our pool, and everyone will receive ProzCoin for their "quality" participation, as judged by a transparent algorithm which includes user feedback in the form of upvotes and such.

As of now we are heavy in development for a hardware wallet that will not likely be open source, but as Shannon Code has stated, the mix of open source/proprietary developments will be case by case.

PoW is absolutely going out of popularity, but we don't want to exclude PoW miners, and in essence, we will reward them for their participation and not their hashing power.

Great questions with very valid points and concerns!  Thank you very much for your intelligent participation! Smiley

Chris

edit:

here is the formula for PoA/PoW merged mining as an example

PoA/PoW Merged Mining Variables:

A = 10,000,000 ProzCoin
B = Mining hours Used
C = Base Block reward of 1141 Proz
D = leftover proz from previous block + C
F = minutes of mining from last 24 hours for an individual
N = F/1440
Q = Cumulative individual minutes of mining across network (1,000,000 miners = 1,000,000 minutes)
X = Number of miners in real time
Y = Number of ProzCoin mined so far
Z = total (hours or blocks) 8760

(B/Z) = %Time elapsed
(Z-B) = Hours left

[C/(X*N)+D]/Q*(Z-B)= 24 hour payout for an individual

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:55:02 PM

thats truth buddy soon as i can mine that pro coin i will dump
dont u have to do something besides just say we sold enough price going up
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:22:37 PM

Just heard from Polo:

Getting ledgers straight, and getting Escrow details settled for now.

Chris

SilentH

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

Hey Chris, any idea what the ticker symbol will be?
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:58:02 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 11:09:49 PM by ProzCoin

Hey Chris, any idea what the ticker symbol will be?

Will either be PROZ, PRO or PRZ

Talking to Poloniex now and finalizing everything.

edit:

will be PROZ for certain

Chris

ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:45:04 PM

Poloniex still in the process of setting up escrow.  It is 100% for sure though, do not worry.

Chris

ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:57:35 PM

Interview of Prozcoin Devteam for Cryptotycoons.com:

http://www.cryptotycoons.com/2014/08/prozcoin-a-coin-for-the-masses/

PROZCOIN: A COIN FOR THE MASSES
August 19, 2014

INTRODUCING PROZCOIN

Does a strong social network presence, a relatively large ecosystem at launch, and an open Dev team spell success? We here at CryptoTycoons thank so!

ProzCoin is an all new altcoin based on the MasterCoin algorithm with some PoS thrown in. Once complete, it’ll use an innovative new mining protocol called Proof of Action (POA) that pays out based on hours spent mining other coins at ProzCoin rather than  using the more traditional hashrate payment schemes! On top of the innovation, the developers have added legitimacy to this brand new coin  by revealing their real identities by posting and confirming their linked in accounts! Each developer brings a skill or service to the coin, making this one of the most well rounded coin launches we’ve seen in weeks!

So read on to check out our exclusive developer Interview!

Earlier today we had the opportunity to speak with the developers of ProzCoin! We hope that this article helps clarify any questions you may have. We here at CryptoTycoons were intrigued with the PoA system that ProzCoin brings to the table, as well as how open the developers are being. Publicizing their identied adds a sense of .

kudos to going public with your identities! It adds a lot of value to your coin! Do you have any concerns with going public with your identity? Are there any risks involved In your opinion why don’t more coin developers do it?

We wanted to embrace transparency as part of our main tenet of the Coin Proz organization, so releasing our identities was never an issue.  No more risk involved than having a public record as far as I am concerned.  I believe a lot of developers are afraid of the public backlash at the prospect of failure, and would rather not have any failures associated with their name.  I understand on one hand, but feel it’s a hindrance to actual development if you can’t trust the developer to be who they claim to be.

What inspired you to create ProzCoin?

The Coin Proz team is focused on making cryptocurrency accessible to the masses.  Our network is built around focusing multiple crypto communities in the same direction, and ProzCoin is the main currency that will be used within the economic infrastructure.  We have established a network of merchants, websites, and services that accept our coin from day one, and plan to create payment software and hardware to bring cryptocurrency to businesses and citizens, and in the process our community will give them access to all the different communities in crypto through our portal.

Are you, or your team affiliated with any of the merchants that agreed to pick up your coin immediately?
All of the initial merchants are official affiliates of the Coin Proz network.  Myself(Chris Bates) and Tim Frost are co-founders of Cryptoshoppers, and I also have been handling some PR and Social media for Left Turn Only Tv.  Erko Elblaus who is the lead UI/graphic designer for Coin Proz is the owner of Elblaus Designs.

Some people are worried about how many coins the developers will have on hand at any given time. How will you put to side these concerns?

We have already planned on putting any unallocated coins into a publicly visible escrow account, and plan on having complete transparency for every coin

How does the POA system work to increase the value of ProzCoin?

The idea of PoA is that By creating a reward system that takes a set of given “actions”(PoA), whether posting on a forum, writing an article about your favorite coin, or even mining, and quantifies the action relative to some metric of user feedback to “prove” that the action had merit and quality.  So users won’t simply get rewarded for posting on the forum, but only if you make posts that get upvoted will you get a reward.  By having this reward system that encourages the involvement of EVERY coin community, the limited number of coins should theoretically increase in value as the ProzCoin infrastructure grows larger, and the limited supply is further distributed.

Which coins will have a ProzCoin POA pool at launch time?

The PoA/PoW mining pool is still in development for CoinProz.com.  Upon completion the system will allow any coin that has the capacity to have PoW mining give a dual PoA/PoW score in our pool.  The merged mining pool is one of the projects that we hope to complete within the next few months with the capital from the ICO.

Do you, or any of your team have experience with developing for any other coins? Care to share which ones?

Shannon Code is a developer evangelist for the Mastercoin Team.  I did PR for Marinecoin, and commissioned Left Turn Only Tv for one of their Promo videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbItDaNNAZU

What can the community do to help this coin succeed?

There is a limited supply being sold through Cryptoshoppers, and then the rest of the coins allocated for raising capital will be sold on exchanges.  When PoA is implemented in the first round, the community will then be able to help by participating in any way they feel and get rewarded in ProzCoin!

Is there anything else you would like to say?

The Coin Proz team wants to be at the forefront of innovation and community involvement.  Our long term goal is to establish a positive environment for the entire crypto community.  No coin is excluded.  We also want to develop software and hardware that will make cryptos more safe, accessible, and bring greater worldwide adoption.

cubydu

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 12:51:46 AM

and what is next ? refund ?

devvienuis

Activity: 452

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:54:27 AM

Sigh, all them haters...

Maybe this helps... Maybe! http://ferengicoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=659.0

Devvie

twitter.com/devnullius
ScryptHasher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:08:15 AM

ROFL the premine..

Just call this millionairecoin 2.0

and Universitycoin 2.0

and Scamcoin 2.0

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:11:45 AM

<Prozcoin> barely any have been given away
[19:05] <Prozcoin> less than 10k
where in the funk did it say anything about this shyt
10% were given away
to their pockets no doubt Angry
ScryptHasher

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:25:47 AM

<Prozcoin> barely any have been given away
where in the funk did it say anything about this shyt
10% were given away
to their pockets no doubt Angry

Lol they are going to insta-dump on the exchange just like UVC and millionaire coin. Easybitcoin.. why would a newbie account EVER LIE?!
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:28:39 AM

eh...
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:09:40 AM

so this happened:

[18:47] <mobydick> are you here?
[18:47] <Prozcoin> Yeah, i'm here!
[18:48] <mobydick> nice.  What can I help with?
[18:48] <Prozcoin> I am Chris Bates btw with Prozcoin/Coinproz team
[18:48] <Prozcoin> So Judith Jakubovics had been working with you guys to get Prozcoin on the exchange, and we had sent our ledger/information to Tristan and Curtis
[18:48] <mobydick> Yes.  I am Curtis.  I have been emailing with Tim and Shannon, and Judith.
[18:48] <Prozcoin> Oh, great!
[18:48] <Prozcoin> I was just making sure you had received everything and it was in order to your satisfaction
[18:49] <mobydick> I think so. 
[18:49] <Prozcoin> Tim is in Finland and has retired for the evening
[18:49] <Prozcoin> I believe Judith is offline for the evening as well, but Shannon is still available sporadically if any thing else is needed concerning the code
[18:50] <mobydick> One thing- this I guess should have been mentioned before, but we have been busy and have been working on so much it may have been overlooked...
[18:50] <mobydick> Tristan will need to apply a 1% fee for all draws from the escrow fund.
[18:50] <Prozcoin> that is no problem as long as it's publicly stated
[18:51] <mobydick> okay.
[18:51] <Prozcoin> and the escrow will have a publicly viewable ledger, correct?
[18:51] <mobydick> Yes it must.
[18:51] <Prozcoin> Great!
[18:51] <Prozcoin> just making sure for the community's assurance
[18:51] <mobydick> Has Tristan received the source, so that we can set up the proper wallet, and receive the escrow fund?
[18:52] <Prozcoin> Let me check with shannon real fast
[18:52] <mobydick> okay
[18:55] <Prozcoin> Yeah, Shannon is saying he should have everything to receive the escrow
[18:55] <mobydick> we have it
[18:55] <Prozcoin> Great!
[18:55] <mobydick> Just checked with Tristan.  No problem there.
[18:56] <Prozcoin> Excellent!
[18:56] <mobydick> what is the price per coin for the ICO?  18% of the 78% we are to receive?
[18:56] <Prozcoin> 300
[18:57] <Prozcoin> sorry, 300 satoshi
[18:57] <mobydick> okay.
[18:57] <mobydick> give me a few minutes... keep this window open.
[18:57] <Prozcoin> no problem
[18:59] <mobydick> 54 btc worth sold in ICO
[19:00] <mobydick> the draw from this 54 BTC will be incremental I assume?
[19:00] <Prozcoin> absolutely
[19:02] <Prozcoin> were you wanting to set a schedule now?
[19:02] <mobydick> working on this with Tristan now
[19:02] <mobydick> it might be a couple days longer...
[19:02] <Prozcoin> No worries
[19:03] <Prozcoin> There an issue with something?
[19:03] <mobydick> We are working on other listings also.  Launching an ICO needs to be done strategically, so as not to thin volumes from other markets. 
[19:03] <Prozcoin> oh, i see what you mean
[19:04] <Prozcoin> That is kind of why we wanted to limit the number of exchanges we are on, so as to not dilute our own volume over too many exchanges
[19:04] <mobydick> yes, and wise
[19:05] <mobydick> question- since 2% has already sold as ICO on other exchanges, and some have been given away-
[19:05] <Prozcoin> barely any have been given away
[19:05] <Prozcoin> not on other exchanges
[19:05] <mobydick> could the trade market be open at the same time as the ICO sale?
[19:05] <Prozcoin> we sold the ICO through cryptoshoppers at a fixed price of 250 satoshi
[19:06] <Prozcoin> no, we closed the sale at cryptoshoppers
[19:06] <Prozcoin> we own cryptoshoppers
[19:06] <Prozcoin> so that was an easy way to do an ICO that has a trackable ledger
[19:06] <mobydick> so it would need to be ICO only- no open trading while the ICO funds are live?
[19:06] <Prozcoin> yeah
[19:07] <Prozcoin> it's not on any exchanges right now whatsoever
[19:07] <Prozcoin> and there is no other place to buy prozcoin currently
[19:07] <mobydick> but others hold the coin already.
[19:07] <Prozcoin> it has been delisted
[19:07] <Prozcoin> yeah, those 2% that were sold
[19:07] <Prozcoin> which you have records of
[19:07] <mobydick> right... okay.  Just asking.  Another minute- brb
[19:07] <Prozcoin> and the like 8k that were given out
[19:08] <mobydick> what is the ticker?
[19:08] <Prozcoin> PROZ
[19:09] <mobydick> thanks
[19:22] <Prozcoin> Anything else needed?
[19:38] <mobydick> is your website still up?
[19:38] <Prozcoin> the test site is yes
[19:38] <Prozcoin> http://www.coinproz.com/default.html
[19:44] <mobydick> still working on this.. I apologize for the delay. 
[19:44] <Prozcoin> Oh, no worries!
[19:57] <Prozcoin> here is an interview that gives a brief summary of our project if you hadn't seen it yet: http://www.cryptotycoons.com/2014/08/prozcoin-a-coin-for-the-masses/
[20:08] <mobydick> I am sorry, but because Poloniex feels that the vast majority of the coins is ultimately headed to the development team, as well as 54 BTC, and only 20% held by its investors, the potential for a fallout as well as potential FUD for our exchange is simply too high to list Prozcoin.  We wish you the best of luck with the project.
[20:10] <Prozcoin> The majority of the coins aren't going to the development team for the record
[20:10] <Prozcoin> That is why we were planning on giving you guys 60% to hold in escrow
[20:10] <Prozcoin> as 30% was going to be used to establish a public reserve to keep the coin solvent
[20:11] <Prozcoin> 10% was set aside for proof of action mining
[20:11] <Prozcoin> 10% for Proof of action/proof of work mining
[20:11] <Prozcoin> and this has all been public from the beginning, including all of our identities
[20:11] <Prozcoin> I am not sure where you guys think that the majority of the coins are going to the development team?
[20:12] <mobydick> Where does the 54 BTC go?
[20:13] <Prozcoin> towards development of hardware and software, and will be on public ledger
[20:13] <Prozcoin> that is the point of having all of this stuff public
[20:13] <Prozcoin> so it is clear that we aren't just taking the 54 bitcoin
[20:14] <Prozcoin> that is ALL intended for development
[20:14] <Prozcoin> and the entire point of us trying to do it through you guys publicly was so that a third party could confirm in fact that we aren't trying to pocket it
[20:14] <Prozcoin> So I am VERY confused as to why you thought we are taking the 54 btc for our "persons"
[20:15] <Prozcoin> I sincerely thought the entire point of doing the ICO was so that it was clear that we aren't pocketing the money
[20:16] <Prozcoin> as in of the 8 bitcoin worth that we have sold so far, it is all going towards development
[20:16] <Prozcoin> which is why we sent you the records so everything is accounted for even what you didn't handle
[20:18] <mobydick> There is every opportunity to draw from the BTC fund for development costs and not actually develop.  Also, the cost to explain and counter the potential FUD for our users seems to outweigh the potential gain.  I am sorry, but it doesn't seem that the Prozcoin model is one that fits with our ICO strategy.  Perhaps if the ICO were hosted elsewhere we could offer a trade market at its completion.
[20:20] <Prozcoin> Well, what do we need to do then?  We can end the ICO now, because at this point this has put us in a situation where we are by proxy creating uncertainty because we were informed that we would be on Poloniex, and now all of a sudden "we aren't", and it is because we are trying to be as transparent about the entire process as possible. 
[20:21] <Prozcoin> If we need to end the ICO period and release the coins to the free market...?  I don't know what we have done wrong at this point
[20:22] <Prozcoin> Like, are you aware that we have registered as an LLC in Finland?
[20:23] <Prozcoin> I mean, I am still not sure what has been miscommunicated at this point
[20:23] <mobydick> Again, I am sorry.  I simply cannot change the situation at this point.  The owner has given final word on it.

Okay so this thing happened.
And Now what is your NEXT move? What will those traders/investors Do with their coin which were bought from cryptoshopper.com?

Please dont just post this kind of information and be just done with it without reassuring people who have invested on your coins.

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:19:24 AM

We have some other exchanges we can be on soon.  Poloniex was the exchange we wanted because they were already set up with Mastercoin protocol.  There are a few other exchanges that want to list Prozcoin it will just take time.

Is Mintpal on the list? I heard they will be doing a makeover of their exchange that will blow other exchanges out of the crypto water..
ScryptHasher

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:38:29 AM

I feel sorry for any poor soul who puts any btc towards this scam ....
ScryptHasher

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:41:52 AM

Specifications:

Algorithm: Mastercoin protocol for base, PoA/PoW Hybrid mining for future
Max Coins: 100 million

Distribution Model:  All 100 million coins will be mined in 1 block

10% coins will be evenly distributed to the founding team over 3 years. 
20% ProzCoins will be sold initially on exchanges.  All sold ProzCoins will go 100% to Coin Proz Oy.  The revenue generated from the sale will go to the further advancement of the site and keep as reserves for our merchants who accept Prozcoin.
10% Will be reallocated for PoA/PoW mining rewards
10% for Proof of Action (PoA)
20 % Discretionary spending to have reserves for exchanges/merchants
30 % Unallocated for future plans Cold Stored with multi-sig founder verification for wallet release

Your kidding right? So you expect a community that has a keen eye to spot scams to actually believe there's NOTHING suspicious about this at all?
The age of people believing in pre-mines is over.. LET ALONE 100% pre-mines...

Get with the times make yourself out as trustworthy as possible or don't waste your time on this forum.
No one in their right mind is going to believe in someone who made a newbie account to launch a 100% pre-mine coin...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: