Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)  (Read 78408 times)
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:55:09 AM

HMC's post was way over my head but he certainly seems to know what he is talking about. A critical poster such as him is a great asset imo.

Thanks, I try to do what I can.  Smiley

The notion of "proof of action" and similar mechanisms is something that has been hypothesized about in the Bitcoin community since the very early days.  I've spent many sleepless nights in deep discussions with other crypto-enthusiasts about how such things could be implemented and the immensely transforming power that such technologies would entail.

To be honest I had "expected" these concepts to be realized years ago.

It appears my long wait continues.

Chris is right.  Everyone is too busy playing politics with bitcoin forums, lamenting about the stale market, reiterating the same "boring" concepts we've had all along instead (just how many decentralized exchanges or chain messaging systems or decentralized mixers or reinventions of telehash service bus protocols do we really need, anyway?), or pumping out dumb altcoins to the unwitting masses just because they can.

I miss the good ol' days.

</jaded>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:56:45 AM

All we want now is the price must go up, not the other! Not a lengthy presentation that are not useful for this coin!
C'mon dev, the price must go up!

No, I really do want the lengthy presentation.  I couldn't care less about the spot price of Proz right now.  (It is a meaningless number, not worth discussing, until the presentation is had!)
givemeyourcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:04:29 AM

solid team with a real linkedin accounts Huh
genecyber

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:03:22 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 05:16:26 AM by genecyber

All we want now is the price must go up, not the other! Not a lengthy presentation that are not useful for this coin!

No, I really do want the lengthy presentation.  I couldn't care less about the spot price of Proz right now.  (It is a meaningless number, not worth discussing, until the presentation is had!)

Writing a cryptographic explainer post probably not the best thing to do when I'm tired. Thanks for ripping that apart, I did blur over things a bit much.

What is something you expect to be able to do that would qualify as proof? There are system logs, there are requests, there are responses. I can do a challenge response all over the place, I can verify identity before and after an action, I can encode the action details (meta data), I could encode the entire request response performed during an action, but proof, I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Recording actual values of course have privacy, a hash of the data isn't reversible.

Ideally (and ridiculously simplified) a user identifies with a server (or in the decentralized scenario a node io stream) upon completion of a task, the performer would receive something only obtainable after a successful action. This of course only works if the action is participating in the whole thing. I see that being tough.

Let's say there is a multi part pow puzzle, hash foo until reaching this value at the end, upon success of that puzzle the user and the server are "entangled" The server next pushes another puzzle to be solved but having an unknown difficulty, or of varying length, some piece requires to solve it is unknown till the action performed. Once the action is performed the client has both parts necessary to solve the work puzzle and can do so in order to claim reward.

Most actions have a quantifiable result. This result (coupled with some previously delivered work will deterministically turn into that second part of the work puzzle. All work can be persisted into an action event. And the result of the work can be unpacked and ultimately verified.

So in the case of a re-tweet the spec might be like this tx.
|pubkey                      |category   |cattype   |who      |target            |retweet id            |retweeted by   |account control
|1BeTAhUGUpmjuXdSSiTQCzZeoYrYWcU2c5   |twitter   |retweet   |60069183   |511047271962923008   |511733238117588993   |60069183      |some signed value in my profile|

I can determine that my pubkey signed some piece of data in my profile, therefor I control that domain.

from this data that represents a successfully mined block & has enough information to rebuilt the re-tweet url to validate everything matches.  
My campaign is for twitter
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:19:44 AM

"Presentation" I mean, you should know to whom I am conveying  Wink

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:12:20 AM

What is something you expect to be able to do that would qualify as proof?

I expect to be able to trace from a disbursal predicated on PoA back to evidence of the action, itself.  Ideally, this evidence would be preserved independent of the server on which the action took place, but I don't consider this critical.  The key is being able to go from a record of PoA disbursal back to both the action that was to be performed ("tweet this", "post that", "blog about the other") and the action itself. (The tweet, post, or blog entry.)

There are system logs, there are requests, there are responses. I can do a challenge response all over the place, I can verify identity before and after an action, I can encode the action details (meta data), I could encode the entire request response performed during an action,

It is not enough that "you" record this information.  "We" are the concerned.

We need to be able to validate certain challenge/response handshakes to root initiation of action.  (As I mentioned before.)
We need to be able to trace PoA claimer (as in address) to identity (as in tweeter, poster, whatever-er).
We need to be able to see that the action details (tweet itself, post itself, whatever-itself) actually exist(ed) as associated to that identity/claimer pair.
(We don't need the entire set of data in context of the action life-cycle for this!  A full encoding of the requests/responses is unnecessary.)

but proof, I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Again, despite how it seems to elude many, my definition of proof is not complex.  When it is sufficiently defined that I could expect to be able to feed an encoding of it into some SMT solver and have it come back SAT/UNSAT over it, we can start to call it a proof.

When we can systematically carry out some process to all come to the same conclusion about the "Z values" in the subsidy formula for any given campaign starting from the "evidence trappings" of that campaign, you have QED.  (For now, I'm only interested in the process being defined at all.  I'm not actually pestering you guys for the proofs themselves, simply the proposed structural composition of the proofs.)

Recording actual values of course have privacy, a hash of the data isn't reversible.

This depends only on what "actual values" you refer to.  Some identity association will have to be made (Twitter handle, forum username, blog url...) in order to associate the action to the claim.  This is inevitable... trying to avoid this entirely would be like trying to make a fork of Bitcoin where the block nonces remain secret somehow.  You simply can't verify the effort applied without it.

Ideally (and ridiculously simplified) a user identifies with a server (or in the decentralized scenario a node io stream) upon completion of a task, the performer would receive something only obtainable after a successful action. This of course only works if the action is participating in the whole thing. I see that being tough.

Such a constraint is severely limiting.  In fact, it certainly rules out at least one of my three given canonical examples.  (Twitter will certainly never adopt the protocol.)

Let's say there is a multi part pow puzzle, hash foo until reaching this value at the end, upon success of that puzzle the user and the server are "entangled" The server next pushes another puzzle to be solved but having an unknown difficulty, or of varying length, some piece requires to solve it is unknown till the action performed. Once the action is performed the client has both parts necessary to solve the work puzzle and can do so in order to claim reward.

This is fine (assuming we're ok with our severely limiting "server of action is directly involved in protocol" constraint, right?) but doesn't speak to the proof.  This proves the "interaction around" the action, but not the action.

Most actions have a quantifiable result.

^^ This.

This result (coupled with some previously delivered work will deterministically turn into that second part of the work puzzle. All work can be persisted into an action event. And the result of the work can be unpacked and ultimately verified.

Now we're getting somewhere.  Interestingly, I believe this step could even be handled without our severely limiting constraint.

The devil is, of course, in the details.

Do you have to devise a puzzle scheme for each type of action?  It seems like some generalized model could certainly be contrived.  It is possible to "Merkle-ize" arbitrary algebraic structures.  Can one structure a "data type" that captures whole "classes" of actions?  I think this is where the most interesting work would be.

|pubkey                      |category   |cattype   |who      |target            |retweet id            |retweeted by   |account control
|1BeTAhUGUpmjuXdSSiTQCzZeoYrYWcU2c5   |twitter   |retweet   |60069183   |511047271962923008   |511733238117588993   |60069183      |some signed value in my profile|

Yup, looks good.  (I would only argue that the tweet content, itself, should be included so that (among other reasons) if Twitter shuts down in 5 years our proofs could still be validated without having that CA still around to resolve our "external ID references.")

However, this is a very simple and contrived example.  A structure for an action like "write a blog post, with a `fall related` theme, about how great Acme products are, in 500 words or less" is certainly not so trivial.  (Granted, this example is intentionally contrived to sit nearer the other end of the spectrum.)  Remember that the stated subsidy function carries parameters of not only quantity but quality.  This implies that these "action content" structures are actually nested into some larger graph structure, I think?

Again, we find the devil in the details.

I can determine that my pubkey signed some piece of data in my profile, therefor I control that domain.

This introduces a second (related) question about generality of the encoding.  Can one devise a type of some "global" constraints that allow for generic methods of certifying domain claim?  (This sounds like it could be an interesting set of research endeavors, even entirely independent from the PoA context.)

from this data that represents a successfully mined block & has enough information to rebuilt the re-tweet url to validate everything matches.  

Modulo the other inputs to the subsidy function for block reward calculation, of course.  This sort of model proves effectively only a partial model of the distribution.  Proving over the other inputs, particularly those of qualitative measure (up-votes etc) would require additional machinery in the proof to reach a full closure.

Twitter presents a small, simple, uniform, and "easy" set of actions to work over.  The more interesting campaigns will not be nearly so "well behaved."

genecyber

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 09:38:27 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:54:50 AM by genecyber

What is something you expect to be able to do that would qualify as proof?

I expect to be able to trace from a disbursal predicated on PoA back to evidence of the action, itself.  Ideally, this evidence would be preserved independent of the server on which the action took place, but I don't consider this critical.  The key is being able to go from a record of PoA disbursal back to both the action that was to be performed ("tweet this", "post that", "blog about the other") and the action itself. (The tweet, post, or blog entry.)

There are system logs, there are requests, there are responses. I can do a challenge response all over the place, I can verify identity before and after an action, I can encode the action details (meta data), I could encode the entire request response performed during an action,

It is not enough that "you" record this information.  "We" are the concerned.

We need to be able to validate certain challenge/response handshakes to root initiation of action.  (As I mentioned before.)
We need to be able to trace PoA claimer (as in address) to identity (as in tweeter, poster, whatever-er).
We need to be able to see that the action details (tweet itself, post itself, whatever-itself) actually exist(ed) as associated to that identity/claimer pair.
(We don't need the entire set of data in context of the action life-cycle for this!  A full encoding of the requests/responses is unnecessary.)

When I speak of I in this context I'm taking on the persona of a single or set of nodes in a decentralized environment using a spec based protocol.

but proof, I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Again, despite how it seems to elude many, my definition of proof is not complex.  When it is sufficiently defined that I could expect to be able to feed an encoding of it into some SMT solver and have it come back SAT/UNSAT over it, we can start to call it a proof.

that there is where you have lost people.

When we can systematically carry out some process to all come to the same conclusion about the "Z values" in the subsidy formula for any given campaign starting from the "evidence trappings" of that campaign, you have QED.  (For now, I'm only interested in the process being defined at all.  I'm not actually pestering you guys for the proofs themselves, simply the proposed structural composition of the proofs.)

This depends only on what "actual values" you refer to.  Some identity association will have to be made (Twitter handle, forum username, blog url...) in order to associate the action to the claim.  This is inevitable... trying to avoid this entirely would be like trying to make a fork of Bitcoin where the block nonces remain secret somehow.  You simply can't verify the effort applied without it.

Such a constraint is severely limiting.  In fact, it certainly rules out at least one of my three given canonical examples.  (Twitter will certainly never adopt the protocol.)

This is fine (assuming we're ok with our severely limiting "server of action is directly involved in protocol" constraint, right?) but doesn't speak to the proof.  This proves the "interaction around" the action, but not the action.

Most actions have a quantifiable result.

^^ This.

Yea, I obviously had an Ah-ha moment here

This result (coupled with some previously delivered work will deterministically turn into that second part of the work puzzle. All work can be persisted into an action event. And the result of the work can be unpacked and ultimately verified.

Now we're getting somewhere.  Interestingly, I believe this step could even be handled without our severely limiting constraint.

By this point I'm removing this restraint. I'm assuming coordination with the event actor is rare and potentially biased.

The devil is, of course, in the details.

Do you have to devise a puzzle scheme for each type of action?  It seems like some generalized model could certainly be contrived.  It is possible to "Merkle-ize" arbitrary algebraic structures.  Can one structure a "data type" that captures whole "classes" of actions?  I think this is where the most interesting work would be.

not custom puzzles but instead:
I was thinking a simple hash PoW, with low difficulty:  
The server sends ( DIFFICULTY, salt, pow_challenge ) to the client.
The client iterates nonce value (nonce ← 0; nonce < inf; ++nonce) and calculates HASH(CONCAT(pow_challenge, nonce)), and when it reaches a hash that ends in DIFFICULTY, proceeds.
Easy for server to validate but less easy to perform the mining.

Work but not complicated... but has the ability to support something like automation and ever increasing DIFFICULTY. I really want to de-value cheating, for example the first giveaway we did included obvious automation. Resulting in the removal of a youtube video. The spec should be able to handle this on it's own and lower the reward.

adding this to stack: http://kjur.github.io/jsrsasign/

Yup, looks good.  (I would only argue that the tweet content, itself, should be included so that (among other reasons) if Twitter shuts down in 5 years our proofs could still be validated without having that CA still around to resolve our "external ID references.")

Whoa whoa whoa there... slow down.  
I kid, but this brings up something amazing that i hadn't thought about before.

Yes its planned to have an action type(s) that judge quality, but up until now I wasn't planning to try and persist beyond that. In short I had assumed the content or the "creative" to use a flowery term to be a blob, some piece where the quality (while organically accurate based on consensus) was arbitrary and consensus of quality subject to change over time, making the actual "creative" content inconsequential (it could be represented as a thumbtack or pencil).

But!!! Maybe I was wrong, There is value in recording this meta data. The way you described it made me instantly think of the block chain as machine learning or neural network persisted storage. What if, the chain was able to eventually determine this quality or predict consensus on it's own? Capturing things like wordsenses, sentiment analisys and other meta information makes for a much richer "snapshot" and makes the whole chain more of a model of behavior than just a ledger of activity.

However, this is a very simple and contrived example.  A structure for an action like "write a blog post, with a `fall related` theme, about how great Acme products are, in 500 words or less" is certainly not so trivial.  (Granted, this example is intentionally contrived to sit nearer the other end of the spectrum.)  Remember that the stated subsidy function carries parameters of not only quantity but quality.  This implies that these "action content" structures are actually nested into some larger graph structure, I think?

I have no doubt whatsoever that I/we can come up with a more generalized concept of an action. I also want to keep the simple case of "use walks to xyz, user performs task, user receives reward" the ability to track outside the context of a client/server is powerful.

Again, we find the devil in the details.

This introduces a second (related) question about generality of the encoding.  Can one devise a type of some "global" constraints that allow for generic methods of certifying domain claim?  (This sounds like it could be an interesting set of research endeavors, even entirely independent from the PoA context.)  

A friend of mine is working on just this issue related to asset naming within crypto properties. Currently leaning toward the domain name model but having discussed more experimental techniques that might be well suited for our use case.

Modulo the other inputs to the subsidy function for block reward calculation, of course.  This sort of model proves effectively only a partial model of the distribution.  Proving over the other inputs, particularly those of qualitative measure (up-votes etc) would require additional machinery in the proof to reach a full closure.

With time... for the sake of iterative development we will do easy cases and build from there. That being said my experience at Mastercoin will come into play, as I've watched and participated in a protocol development that had to both introduce new features, change existing features all while preserving historical consensus within the chain "don't change history"

Twitter presents a small, simple, uniform, and "easy" set of actions to work over.  The more interesting campaigns will not be nearly so "well behaved."

see above

I'd like to invite you to connect any time over skype: genecyber is my user there

I also want to always thing of attack scenarios, one that jumps out at me would be the "mining" of someone else's action by issuing quality actions on the victim's action. decreasing the victim reward while rewarding the attacker... Other users should come along and average out the attacker's quality attacks... how do you alert a horde to do this action... Does content that is being buried become temporarily more valuable to try and determine a why and check for attacks.

I think at the end of the day we want meaningful, valuable action. Not mindless re-tweeting. I can write some automaton to upvote me through the roof but I don't care about the vote, the vote should be a measurement, votes that are blindly placed lower the value of the whole system. There will be some gaming, it's necessary imo to get a truly adaptive and reliable system.

ProzCoin (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

Your feedback has been invaluable.  I don't want you to think the brief responses are to ignore your comments by any means, but in fact Shannon has been working a ton of hours per day, and has also been taking your feedback into the process.

I believe his work will be MUCH more satisfying to you than a report about what he will finish.  We just need to let the man finish his work, and THEN we can pick it apart.  Picking things apart is crucial.  We need feedback.  Criticism is welcomed, and we are including all of the significant points that are raised in our progress.

There are simply things being worked on that if we preemptively announce them and they don't work out, we will be creating uncertainty, so we try to ONLY make official statements when they are 100% confirmed.  The idea of office hours is to talk openly about what is being worked on without making it look like an official announcement.  If you want to find out what we are working on every week, you get 3 office hours to connect with us, so we are VERY accessible.

Chris

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:00:35 PM

will keep my prozcoin and keep support this coin.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:31:53 PM

so does this mean you said wallet coming out monday means absolutly nuthing

what monday were you talking about? Cry
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

I sent you mail with ma address for proof of action campaign, hope that I get coins.
cgibinladin

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:59:38 PM

I think it is very sad that you have not tried to protect your investors.. we purchased this coin at 300 sats and now any one can purchase the coin for half the price.  There are some serious scam accusations in other threads about this coin so it is very hard to keep believing in a project when you have seen nothing.

the phrase that comes to mind is "put up or shut up."  I am not interested in any more talk.  Please show us things that was worth us investing into.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

As there was no answer, once again my question:

Two questions, worth 0.02 PROZ:

1.) Any news on the coins that should be paid for PoA?
2.) done

this space is intentionally left blank
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:17:36 PM

When I speak of I in this context I'm taking on the persona of a single or set of nodes in a decentralized environment using a spec based protocol.

I had assumed as much.  I mostly just did the "we we we" thing to drive the point home for our audience (who I assume, in the average case, only "gets" about half of what we are discussing) more so than for you.  Wink

that there is where you have lost people.

Probably, but I'm not concerned.  The important fact is to be sure that this isn't where I have lost you!

If "people" get lost on this concept then we just send them over to metamath.org until they "get it" ok?  Grin

Yea, I obviously had an Ah-ha moment here

Good, this is precisely the critical "Ah-ha moment" to be had.

By this point I'm removing this restraint. I'm assuming coordination with the event actor is rare and potentially biased.

Excellent.  I think that constraint would've been an Achilles heel in many ways, both technical and social.

not custom puzzles but instead:

I was thinking a simple hash PoW, with low difficulty:  
The server sends ( DIFFICULTY, salt, pow_challenge ) to the client.
The client iterates nonce value (nonce ← 0; nonce < inf; ++nonce) and calculates HASH(CONCAT(pow_challenge, nonce)), and when it reaches a hash that ends in DIFFICULTY, proceeds.
Easy for server to validate but less easy to perform the mining.

Work but not complicated... but has the ability to support something like automation and ever increasing DIFFICULTY. I really want to de-value cheating, for example the first giveaway we did included obvious automation. Resulting in the removal of a youtube video. The spec should be able to handle this on it's own and lower the reward.

This is a touchy subject, in some ways.  On the one hand, I agree that this sort of an "embedded work" step may be absolutely necessary.  (Have you followed my work with securing and re-securing Motocoin, by chance?  We came to a similar conclusion!)  However,  I implore you not to get to hung up or stuck in the mud on this concern, and for precisely the reasons you outline below.  Bots should be combated/controlled through the qualitative parameters as much as is possible.

adding this to stack: http://kjur.github.io/jsrsasign/

I hear that Kenji guy is one smart fellow.  I haven't had the pleasure yet, myself, but we have some mutual acquaintances who speak highly of him.

Whoa whoa whoa there... slow down.  

Hehe, yes this "let's retain a hard record forever" goal might turn the problem from a difficult task into a moon-shot task.  As I've said this isn't critical, but there is huge advantage to doing it this way as I suspect (from the rest of your response) you've become aware of.

I kid, but this brings up something amazing that i hadn't thought about before.

If you're familiar with my background at all, you'll probably suspect that I had thought of this.  If you're really familiar with my background, you'll probably suspect that it is the primary reason that I appeared in your world to begin with!   Wink

Yes its planned to have an action type(s) that judge quality, but up until now I wasn't planning to try and persist beyond that. In short I had assumed the content or the "creative" to use a flowery term to be a blob, some piece where the quality (while organically accurate based on consensus) was arbitrary and consensus of quality subject to change over time, making the actual "creative" content inconsequential (it could be represented as a thumbtack or pencil).

The creative content is anything but inconsequential.  (I suspect that Chris might bonk you on the head for having ever thought otherwise?)  The creative content is "the whole point."  This is kind of like comparing proof-of-work via prefix collision with proof-of-work via prime chains or other "scientific hashing."  In bitcoin, the work output itself is mostly "meaningless" but in primecoin/riecoin/gridcoin/etc the work output is potentially meaningful.  For a PoA coin, we should hope that it ends up in this latter category, where the work output, itself, is of some potential direct value.

But!!! Maybe I was wrong, There is value in recording this meta data. The way you described it made me instantly think of the block chain as machine learning or neural network persisted storage. What if, the chain was able to eventually determine this quality or predict consensus on it's own? Capturing things like wordsenses, sentiment analisys and other meta information makes for a much richer "snapshot" and makes the whole chain more of a model of behavior than just a ledger of activity.

And now we begin to get into the really really juicy stuff.  If you'll look back to my very early posts in your thread you might realize that this point was my "intended destination" over this whole discourse.  The amazing thing about a proof is that it proves a thing.  The amazing thing about a set of related proofs is that it proves not only individual things, but properties/relations over those things.  Once we jump from "looking at" a single proof to assessing a structured lattice of related tautological bodies we begin to see where the real "long term" value of PoA is, and it certainly isn't in raising some facebook like count.   Wink

Again, if you are familiar at all with my background you will likely not be surprised by my interest in, and focus on, this notion.

I have no doubt whatsoever that I/we can come up with a more generalized concept of an action. I also want to keep the simple case of "use walks to xyz, user performs task, user receives reward" the ability to track outside the context of a client/server is powerful.

This "simple" case is indeed powerful, but sadly it is the furthest case from "simple."  This goes back to an age old problem that, as far as I'm aware, has not been well resolved.

An example that I've been working with in my head is the idea of an action "get our logo tattooed on your body."  Proving such an action is fraught with complication.  As yet, I don't see a way of reasonably asserting such an action as performed without reliance on some independent mediation.  Great care must be taken, here.

A friend of mine is working on just this issue related to asset naming within crypto properties. Currently leaning toward the domain name model but having discussed more experimental techniques that might be well suited for our use case.

There's certainly something to this.  For some reason thinking about it keeps bringing the "Waterken web calculus" to the forefront of my mind.  If the nodes, capabilities, etc within a web-calculus could be married to cryptography security (forming an "authenticated web calculus") you simply and elegantly solve some problems that have gone unmet in the "grid computing" space for decades.

This notion could be it's own whole project waiting to be started.

With time... for the sake of iterative development we will do easy cases and build from there. That being said my experience at Mastercoin will come into play, as I've watched and participated in a protocol development that had to both introduce new features, change existing features all while preserving historical consensus within the chain "don't change history"

It is only natural that this be taken incrementally.  I think an ideal would be to establish a basic framework and a few example of action cases, and then to open up definition of additional action cases to the world.  I'd certainly be interested in contributing a few, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

I'd like to invite you to connect any time over skype: genecyber is my user there

Ewwww skype.  I don't use it, as a matter of policy.  Too much bad history, there.  I'm sure it is not as horribly insecure as it used to be, years ago, but my experiences with it left a sour taste in my mouth that hasn't yet faded.

IRC?

I also want to always thing of attack scenarios, one that jumps out at me would be the "mining" of someone else's action by issuing quality actions on the victim's action. decreasing the victim reward while rewarding the attacker... Other users should come along and average out the attacker's quality attacks... how do you alert a horde to do this action... Does content that is being buried become temporarily more valuable to try and determine a why and check for attacks.

I'm not so sure that I would qualify this as an "attack."  In any case, the qualitative modifiers should be able to handle this "naturally."

I think at the end of the day we want meaningful, valuable action. Not mindless re-tweeting. I can write some automaton to upvote me through the roof but I don't care about the vote, the vote should be a measurement, votes that are blindly placed lower the value of the whole system. There will be some gaming, it's necessary imo to get a truly adaptive and reliable system.

I've said from the beginning that if you are successful you will, as a side-effect, just breed an entirely new type of automated spammer.  One that is nearly indistinguishable from someone carrying out legitimate discourse.

I'm not so sure that it is a bad thing on a long enough curve.  Wink

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

There are simply things being worked on that if we preemptively announce them and they don't work out, we will be creating uncertainty, so we try to ONLY make official statements when they are 100% confirmed.

You mean like "PoA" coin?   Cheesy

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to take the jab at you.

<3

Seriously though, I think it is probably wise to cut back on the "teaser" materials, for precisely those reasons.  Wink
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

entirely new type of automated spammer
thats what ive seen with their first test run
thats really cheap ,worlds ,dont need new spammer not innovation not

its all a pressure sell like in orlando but now with skype these individuals come right into your home with this crapola

if they have only talk about what they have actually working is just to buy buy buy it on sale at cex  Roll Eyes

actually its on fire at cex
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:44:41 PM

HunterMinerCrafter please tell us your background in government?
 Cool
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:21:40 PM

Cool

None, why?  (Unless you count things like student or local community or open source governance...)

I am continually baffled that people seem to (so often) leap to this conclusion about me.  You are not the first to assume such.  If I may ask, what gave you such an impression?
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

Cool

None, why?  (Unless you count things like student or local community or open source governance...)

I am continually baffled that people seem to (so often) leap to this conclusion about me.  You are not the first to assume such.  If I may ask, what gave you such an impression?
well considering the inteligence in my family ,the government is quick to pick up most brightest bulbs as they have demonstrated to try to get us
surely would of thought they would of tryed to get you per question stated  Smiley
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:02:44 PM

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)
Today at 02:59:38 PM
Reply with quote  #827
I think it is very sad that you have not tried to protect your investors.. we purchased this coin at 300 sats and now any one can purchase the coin for half the price.  There are some serious scam accusations in other threads about this coin so it is very hard to keep believing in a project when you have seen nothing.

the phrase that comes to mind is "put up or shut up."  I am not interested in any more talk.  Please show us things that was worth us investing into.

granted this individual is well we know, but it is valid question

larry cant you break into that bag of chips and put up some wall to provide support for investers

you got the ico money so put some up to limit the bleeding and give investers some relief and do anything

WHY do you do nuthing , dont you  even care about new investers
or is it that you really are just maxed out and this is it your working hard 3 guys working all day at job then doing pro in spare time isnt enough
cause thats what it looks like
your style is being seen and its appaling
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: