Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:49:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)  (Read 78406 times)
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:40:56 PM

plus what are totals from the poa test how many coins did you just give away as auto spammer

dont you think thats too much to just give away wont have any left fast try giving away .001 of a coin you cant give away that many at a time it wont work
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evren

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:28:18 PM

why i not receive proz from ur giveaway
andrealandia
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

News about bittrex listing?
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:11:28 PM

If "people" get lost on this concept then we just send them over to metamath.org until they "get it" ok?  Grin

Since no-one will likely go to that site, and even less (Wink) will read the materials, I decided to bring a tiny bit of metamath.org to us.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785372
genecyber

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

If "people" get lost on this concept then we just send them over to metamath.org until they "get it" ok?  Grin

Since no-one will likely go to that site, and even less (Wink) will read the materials, I decided to bring a tiny bit of metamath.org to us.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785372

Call me no-one, Actually I read last night about the Olympic like competitions that CS students participated in. Neat stuff!
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:55:10 PM

Call me no-one.

You are no-one.

This makes me wonder.  Have you gotten an opportunity, in casual conversation IRL, to use the phrase "NULL is my middle name" in the tone of "danger is my middle name" or "excitement is my middle name?"

(Now I want to find some "law of excluded middle name" joke but it will have to have a solid Tony Hoare reference in it.)

Anyway I am in your IRC channel but no-one is here.  When is the best time to find you?

(EDIT: And yah, metamath is addictive.  Also it is huge.  Just when you think you've had enough, you realize that you're still only in the "Proof Explorer" section.......)
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:59:47 PM

i read it huntercm
your very important guy to this crypto world
im jeolous of your craft
teach these boys and girls Smiley something more
love reading your craft,  if this as example only was your coin
it would be solid, and i wouldnt be able to say shyt about for sure
maybe some will rub off on this crew
 Cool
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

how does a commoner find this irc channel so i can hear in real time this magic hmc
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:30:38 PM

i read it huntercm

I enjoy reading your posts as well, often even to my own surprise.  I think people often are too dismissive of your style just because it either reflects something that they normally keep a negative connotation of, or it just simply rubs them the wrong way.

People like you might end up being the deciding factor in whether the eventual PoA system that does manifest (ProzCoin or elsewhere) end up going the way the proz team and I think it will (promoting quality discourse) or the way all of my friends (including my significant other) seem to think it will go - under the troll bridge.  Or maybe people like you will create a third way, language is an ever-evolving thing.  (I might actually be rooting for this third thing, heh.)

your very important guy to this crypto world

Nah.  Maybe in a past life in a slightly more nascent crypto world, I hope I had some influence.  (That was another time, another me, another nickname, another place, another bitcoin.)

Now I'm only interested in such narrow contexts of it, like everyone I suppose.

im jeolous of your craft

The only suggestion I can give is to join in.  Read SICP.  Twice.  Build and rebuild McCarthy's meta-circular interpreter a few dozen times and then go change the world.

teach these boys and girls Smiley something more
love reading your craft,  if this as example only was your coin

I've prototyped a few.  I almost kinda sorta launched one, but then didn't because we found too many problems in private testing.  I jumped in to help HUC fix critical bugs when Mikhail passed.  I jumped in to help MOTO (some argue my kind (bot developer) can "only" hurt MOTO but I think this is misguided) when the developers cashed out and "all but" walked away.

I've tried to jump in to try to help a few other human mined and "proof-of-" coins now where the model has had problems.  Very few are as receptive as the Proz team has been, despite some other aspects of their "PR" being of possible concern.  I tend to think that any crypto necessarily must be a community endeavor, and am baffled by developers/teams who shun contribution, wall their project off, or simply refuse the admit that there are even suggestions or improvements to be made.

it would be solid, and i wouldnt be able to say shyt about for sure

I once mentioned to the agda2 developers that I was interested in doing a formally verified implementation of bitcoin.  I decided at the time that it would be too difficult in the language, but now there are some better options.

A formally verified coin would be an interesting thing.  To be able to point at an alt-coin and say "no, really, this coin has none of the following bugs or attack vectors, and we can prove it" would be nice.

I've done verification over some different pow/pos algorithms, but not a whole coin.

There is another fellow who lurks around these haunts, another very "socratic" fellow, if you will, who has also done some work in these directions.  I think there are a few others.  This is also on the list of things I mentioned previously that I'm generally surprised hasn't materialized yet.  I "expected" someone would've formally proven the btc protocol by now.

I am disappoint. XD

maybe some will rub off on this crew
 Cool

It seems that I'm having at least some impact on Shannon.  I'm certainly having better luck than I had with Chris.  Grin

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

how does a commoner find this irc channel so i can hear in real time this magic hmc

It is in his sig.  Chan is empty.  I'll be leaving soon.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:52:39 PM

thanks muntercm
my style is what makes me
even advanced alein things
have these problems it is of nature of the universe and its inhabitants
funny i like larry more than that boy wonder
larry would be great collection officer with that war mask he has
 Grin
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:10:17 PM

sorry about the spelling Hunter gm
alein interface has would call it static
but seriously what can dev do to support coin and still say the world is coming wait
its a prickly presipace for sure
but reality of it is at hand
why dont they see this
or do they see it and just dont care  their busy with preprogramed promungulate

side note: like a judges sidebar boys and girls
huntergm , you have such abilitys at disection i am just at awe
like that bear gryls guy i feel under scope of power never knowing if its time to drink the urinodirt cocktail or i will throw you off the cliff like coinpro invester lol
i am happy you like the words of truth i try to speak
its easy to brush off as fud or whatever they call it ,im not more than a green horn here in this arena
but am growing , learning , hopefully creating a better crypto
hopefully reaminding myself that bigger smarter beast are out there and if i think im some profit ,genie whatever
im certainly not and have eliminated me from the hunt
the grey guys next to me are jeolous of the earth man liking a plant  and when they get like that the well produce gas lol
so take care i need enviro cleanup here
peace out
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:36:52 PM

larry its your turn to address the investers

tell them how you will help coin out

when will they get their coin from the test run

current plans for a real exchange

current plans for anything new Roll Eyes
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

We are NOT doing anything in the same manner as all the other alt-coins that have failed to cross the mass adoption threshold, so please be patient if you think we are going to die off because we are not copying other failed coins models.

Chris
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
well you heard it
wait for further proz news please
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:42:37 AM

sorry about the spelling Hunter gm
alein interface has would call it static

I understand!  I'm not unfamiliar with this particular noise, and have worked with other bright, young minds who employ this sort of discourse.

but seriously what can dev do to support coin and still say the world is coming wait
its a prickly presipace for sure
but reality of it is at hand
why dont they see this

I'm sure they're all-too-painfully aware, by now.  I'm surprised they did not have more of "the world" ready before the IPO/ICO (others had to have been as well) and agree that this was probably a mistake, though probably not a fatal one.

Mostly what they can do, now, is what Shannon is doing.  Working openly and transparently toward building something that can deliver on claims made.  Personally, for the moment, I am only concerned with that PoA promise and will concern myself with "all the rest" (as you seem to (prematurely?)) if&when that pans out.

If it doesn't, I'll just move on to the next person claiming an interesting proof.  Though I do own a small amount of Proz I'm not heavily invested (monetarily) in any technology so nascent, and scratch my head over those who are.

Most companies fail within 5 years.  Most technologies fail at about the same pace.  A fascinating thing about DACs (Proz is attempting to be form of DAC, let's not be confused) is that they are a novel combination of both.  I wonder what that does to the failure rate curve?  Based on anecdotal evidence it doesn't look pretty!

Regardless I have hope in an eventual positive outcome, here, despite the odds seemingly stacked against it.  If we can help them get there, and faster, all the better.

or do they see it and just dont care  their busy with preprogramed promungulate

I'm sure they see it, and suspect they even care.

Probably there is much stress, chaos, internal conflict, second-guessing, and more chaos going on right now.  Anyone who's ever been involved in the launch of a company will know what I mean.  Anyone who's ever been involved in the  launch of a new technology will know, intimately, what I mean.  Launching something that is both is probably quite a painful and unpleasant process.

I suspect the exchange between Chris, no-one Null, and myself is adding to this pain and unpleasantness, but I'm sure everyone on the team also understands the necessity of the subject matter even if Shannon is the only one who deeply understands (and/or needs to understand?) the details of the subject matter.
givemeyourcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:57:09 AM

GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:22:49 AM

i see major losses
nasa doesnt launch anything without simulations and more simulation
military doesnt do anything new without testing
this is not so tested
its proof of their actions
im taping on my crystal ball and the wizards see a ---------------------------waiting for them to respond
there is nuthing good being seen that hasnt been seen before
humans are a creature of habit
predictable like a clock
the road is well traveled
i see many wagon wheels here not no new country
i saw there on youtube some kind of asic miner must be the hardware thing they are talking about but wont say ,well one of the things
if you figure they planned this about 6+ months ago it been like spock on the planet vulcan its changed like bonkers
certainly there was no backup plan after main goal acheived,which was ico s 63 btc
so maybe we can get update on how thats going developmentally spending like they said was open
if i were cooking this dish i would throw it out lol not fit for anything
and the beat gos on Wink
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:46:20 AM

when will we have a wallet?

then we can add proz on bittrex or bter?
genecyber

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:27:09 AM

A few things, I love to play with my name, it makes for super fun conversation.

As for the Irc, I'm largely away from a computer between end of work hours and kids sleeping hours, I'm on my phone because I feel a strong urge to tether myself to this digital realm.

I hadn't dug much into who you were HMC , though I saw much engagement on here. But since you implied that I might have looked you up I couldn't resist.  Your github was the second result and where I stopped, I see you forked huntercoin, remembering the day I first found hunter. I remember thinking, finally a coin I can mine.
Because I too am a botter. I owe my programming career to writing bots.

My best application by far ever to come from these hands was the bot I wrote for world of Warcraft bots actually, I could quest, I could equipt, I could a* and I could add weight to successful paths, I could automate navigation from continent to continent. I seriously loved it.  My entire career I've been an automation guy at heart.

I spent 3 years doing webdriver/selenium web automation. I used to automate websites via a headless browser and make API's for people who needed some features that didn't yet offer offer that interop.

I don't play games, I never did. But boy do I love watching other people play them. When I started to build agents to play the game for me it was so surreal.

One of my most fun bots was a super simple (autoit script and gui) not that would turn spore into an acquarium. I literally sold it as a spore fish tank or habitat. It happened to sell like hotcakes.

Anyway as my huntercoin blockchain synched and I watched the game unwind I just knew that I could game this. In the end I think my time commodity prevented me from following that desire. Luckily I now use trick of being paid to do what I love. So while I don't have time to write bots all day I do get to play with crypto all day.

I'm taking tonight to crash out early and hopefully wake up at 4 to crank out some more chain.

Uhm I should probably get a wiki up to record suggestions for events that people would like to see be proven and rewarded but until then let's collect them here.

Obviously any kind of action on a site I create, or implement an API I create can be tracked.
Facebook and twitter, but what are some others?

Pardon my spelling I'm on my phone.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:02:08 PM

O God, Whose property is always to have mercy and to spare, we humbly beseech Thee for the soul of Thy servant Prozcoin which Thou hast this day commanded to depart out of this world, that Thou wouldst not deliver it into the hands of the enemy, nor forget it unto the end, but wouldst command it to be received by the Holy Angels, and conducted to Paradise, its true country; that as in Thee it hath hoped and believed, it may not suffer the pains of hell, but may take possession of eternal joys.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: