Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:36:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to KILL bitcoin.  (Read 12142 times)
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:38:41 AM

Your theory is purely fictional and quite unrealistic.

Here's a few theories of my own:
1. Dinosaurs rise again and attack humans
2. Aliens invade
3. Trillions of invisible nano bots suck the electricity out of everything in the world sending us back into the stone age
4. World blows up

Though what your saying can be fathomed as possible it's also implying that every free country on this planet is willing to convert to a communism with their repeated "We're doing it for your own good!" bullshit.

I totally agree with your opinion. Everyone can't stay home just because there is traffic accident outside.
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:17:36 AM

That is an ignorant topic...A more accurate topic would be "How easy it is to SLOW DOWN bitcoin"

Do you really think that with such global awareness and the amount of ridiculous accumulative intelligence we have we will not find a way?

Give me a break.. the day any oppressive regimes band together to fight Bitcoin at that level is the day BITCOIN will grow TEETH and bite back.. Remember that..

Examples?  Napster/Kazaa/Limewire - Evolution... Bittorrent

Ignorant topic, got you talking about the reasons p2p should be shut down, they all origionated from piracy?

Yeah, welcome to bitcoin..

All you did for me here was point out why people should'nt bother if they are anywhere near good people with money to spend.. me, i prefer legit.. or go without..

Please do not mistake the confused laws of a few emotionally damaged men as LEGIT... The government has passed a law indicating that it is OK to kill the leader of anything viewed as a riot or civil unrest via the use of military grade weapons not limited to but including sniper rifles with impunity.

So let me get this straight... four of us meet up at my house (What they refer to as a gathering in their white paper) and we go a peacefully sit down outside a gov building to protest how they handled situation X... a few other people see us and join us because they were also dominated by situation X... now I as the unofficial party 'leader'  and I am a target? Fuck off.. that is nonsensical and totalitarian.

Illegal is subjective to the eye of the person who is controlling the situation.. The laws of man and the laws of the universe are completely different..

They won't try to shut down bitcoin... it has way too much traction and serious groups of extremely intelligent hacktivists behind it.

http://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-19-15.pdf

Enjoy your new regime

Fuckin idiots doin nowt but talking about pirate apps.. Illegal is subjective to the eye of the person who is controlling the situation, yeah, hows about they send me in to regain control, and you shut the fuck up or i shoot you, hack that ya twat..
movelikejagger

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:40:26 AM

2. Aliens invade
3. Trillions of invisible nano bots suck the electricity out of everything in the world sending us back into the stone age
4. World blows up

Though what your saying can be fathomed as possible it's also implying that every free country on this planet is willing to convert to a communism with their repeated "We're doing it for your own good!" bullshit.

I totally agree with your opinion. Everyone can't stay home just because there is traffic accident outside.

be a little realistic
if bitcoin was an obstacle for...smth (it doesn't matter), bitcoin has disappeared in 2009!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:57:01 AM

That is an ignorant topic...A more accurate topic would be "How easy it is to SLOW DOWN bitcoin"

Do you really think that with such global awareness and the amount of ridiculous accumulative intelligence we have we will not find a way?

Give me a break.. the day any oppressive regimes band together to fight Bitcoin at that level is the day BITCOIN will grow TEETH and bite back.. Remember that..

Ignorant topic, got you talking about the reasons p2p should be shut down, they all origionated from piracy?

All you did for me here was point out why people should'nt bother if they are anywhere near good people with money to spend.. me, i prefer legit.. or go without..

Please do not mistake the confused laws of a few emotionally damaged men as LEGIT... The government has passed a law indicating that it is OK to kill the leader of anything viewed as a riot or civil unrest via the use of military grade weapons not limited to but including sniper rifles with impunity.

So let me get this straight... four of us meet up at my house (What they refer to as a gathering in their white paper) and we go a peacefully sit down outside a gov building to protest how they handled situation X... a few other people see us and join us because they were also dominated by situation X... now I as the unofficial party 'leader'  and I am a target? Fuck off.. that is nonsensical and totalitarian.

Illegal is subjective to the eye of the person who is controlling the situation.. The laws of man and the laws of the universe are completely different..

They won't try to shut down bitcoin... it has way too much traction and serious groups of extremely intelligent hacktivists behind it.

Enjoy your new regime

Fuckin idiots doin nowt but talking about pirate apps.. Illegal is subjective to the eye of the person who is controlling the situation, yeah, hows about they send me in to regain control, and you shut the fuck up or i shoot you, hack that ya twat..

Dicksperiment clearly is a very angry little man, and has some serious life challenges ahead of him. Although he's wrong in most situations, a broken clock is correct twice a day, and I agree with him on fact that illegal is subjective.

airpline1

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:54:39 PM

Here, this is from the FAQ on the bitcoin website.

"Why do people trust Bitcoin?

Much of the trust in Bitcoin comes from the fact that it requires no trust at all. Bitcoin is fully open-source and decentralized. This means that anyone has access to the entire source code at any time. Any developer in the world can therefore verify exactly how Bitcoin works. All transactions and bitcoins issued into existence can be transparently consulted in real-time by anyone. All payments can be made without reliance on a third party and the whole system is protected by heavily peer-reviewed cryptographic algorithms like those used for online banking. No organization or individual can control Bitcoin, and the network remains secure even if not all of its users can be trusted."
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:24:20 PM

How easy is it to kill Bitcoin? At this stage?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

Enjoy your new regime

An eye for an eye will leave the world blind my friend.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

2. Aliens invade
4. World blows up

Exactly. AND you forgot a couple:

5. I killed JFK even though I was born 15 years after he died.
6. Hitler was a jew
7. Sun Tzu was Canadian
8. McDonalds burgers are healthier than lettuce.

DoraTheBTCexplorer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:17:40 PM

It's technically improbable.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:19:30 PM

8. McDonalds burgers are healthier than lettuce.

But McDonald's burgers have lettuce... does that mean McDonald's is healthier than McDonald's? That would be infinite health! Yay!

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:32:33 PM

so, here's the thing...
I'm not really a fan of OP but you know,  the internet is much more fragile than some people may think. Who here knows what happened a couple of weeks ago with the internet? the 512K routes issue. We had fixed the issues on all but one of our Transit Routers and of course when Verizon sent that update, the TCAM on that Tranny shat the bed! we were scrambling to fix it and so was every other Network engineer and it took a good 3 - 4 days to fully fix all the issues. Now imagine if it was pandemic outside! The internet is working because Network guys are making sure it dos and if something break on the back-bone ( meaning some T1 carriers ATT, Level3, Deutsche Telekom, NTT etc.) people freak the fuck out and work tirelessly to fix it!! now imagine if they have something better to do, like protect their family from what ever the fuck event that happened! InterTITS will go down, and stay down, for a very long time in most of the world! sure, some things might still work locally but other than that we would be fucked!

I'm just saying....

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/512k_day
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:52:00 PM

there is one thing that bothers me, once mining become useless, all that computing power most likely will be trying to find private keys to our wallets

...which would be less profitable than using them for mining
 Needless worry
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:05:37 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 06:22:02 PM by Buffer Overflow

there is one thing that bothers me, once mining become useless, all that computing power most likely will be trying to find private keys to our wallets

This would be a complete waste of time and energy as mining ASICs don't do this calculation.

You can try to crack addresses using vanitygen if you like.
https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen

Hope you got plenty of time on your hands. Cheesy

Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:47:57 AM

Enjoy your new regime

An eye for an eye will leave the world blind my friend.

As long as every other species gets a fighting chance, so be it..
themasknetwork

Activity: 246

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:23:22 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 09:50:15 PM by themasknetwork

An ip means nothing. It could be a starbucks cofee serving 1000-2000 customers / day, an ip of a mall serving over 100.000 / day, or a public ip that receives traffic from 1000 laptops hidden under real umbrellas, on a beach in Brazil.

In the worst case scenario, they will find an ip, but an ip means nothing. An ip it's not you.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:36:06 AM

This would be a complete waste of time and energy as mining ASICs don't do this calculation.

Yep, two different algorithms.  Mining uses the SHA256 hashing algorithm while transactions are validated with the ECDSA digital signature algorithm.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:59:24 AM

It is not necessary to kill the fiat - it's in for a suicide!
fa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:42:59 PM

If you kill the Internet, you kill bitcoin. Otherwise, bitcoin is invincable.
Wealthy

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:49:45 PM

Bitcoin is unstoppable, even if its not backed up by trusted orgs but many orgs are now starting to use it. Even many rich people use BTC Smiley
CreamyPie

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:41:52 PM

What if govt blacklists bitcoin websites...and intructs ISPs to do so? Then 99.9999% of bitcoin users will be away!!

Govt has serious powers imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: