Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:42:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Halcyon - x15 POS - Cryptsy Bittrex - Dev Slow but Continue  (Read 193759 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

New user dev account launching a coin in a self-moderated topic. This might be a scam.

Remove this post again and I will start a non-moderated topic for your coin.

Only 3 posts have been deleted from this thread, 2 for using huge red fonts to make obvious statements, and one for saying "scam" with no other input. This is called "stock bashing" in the established markets and I wish to avoid it.

It's not called stock bashing.

It's called: Some guy on the internet launches a coin and I can not see if he is legit or not because he doesn't tell me anything about himself or his team or his vision.

Sadly a lot of developers leave a coin after a while. When I'm going to mine a coin I would like to know who you are and what your vision is to avoid unnecessary mining costs.

When you launch something with real money involved I think it's not normal to not include this information. Why do you expect a normal friendly reaction from me when this altcoin section is totally rotten to the core with scams?

+1
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:02:27 PM

Could someone briefly summarise:
1) the strenghts of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:
http://cryptoasian.com/

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen, like the SYS guys?

These are good questions. I'm looking forward to the answers.
chisefu

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:54:01 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 01:08:50 PM by chisefu

I'm just running a pool here, but I'll post what I really think:

1)  Strengths, no pre-mine/IPO crap.  Dev 'seems' to know what he's talking about on a technical sense, so we'll see.  Got on bittrex fast.  x15 algorithm equals very little multipool interference, this goes along well with a 'longer than 1 week' POW period.  Dev talked to me on IRC a bit, seems to be a 'one thing at a time' task oriented type of person, not sure if that's good in crypto though.

2)  Weaknesses = lack of substance, except the technical issue that the dev will fix.  Nothing original so far, seems to be a clone.

3)  Promises made = Little so far.  FUD = Only fud I've seen so far are from people you see shitting on every other thread.  They want dev accountability, but I highly doubt they'd offer their own personal information.  

As for the cryptoasian verification process, sure, you get credibility from a guy selling teeshirts on his site?  I'd be more down with hiring a known c++ developer and making the dev pass a test.  I'll start the fund, let's get some btc and hire a known coder, I'll pitch in .01btc go find an escrow.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714

Skol!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:20:00 PM

FUD = Only fud I've seen so far are the people who created this list and for no reason called it a scam.  They want dev accountability, but I highly doubt they'd offer their own personal information.  I'm also guessing they just fud other threads as well, negative nancy types.

1-2 years ago this forum was a pretty nice place to come. There were a lot of people with an above average intelligence. Revolutionary people with idealistic ideas about how to make a new and more fair economy.

Now this place is a hellhole with thieves, scammers, thugs, greedy bastards, lemmings and organized crime.

Is it strange to ask questions or to make lists when several scams per day are launched here? In fact, more scams than not scams are launched here and nobody from Bitcointalk does anything about it. This place has become a warzone, and I like to survive here, but not by playing Mr. nice guy. I do not care about feelings. Mining is my job. I spend at least 12 hours per day mining/reading/trading stuff etc. All I care about now is making Bitcoins, that is what pays the rent. But this is becoming harder and harder because of many worthless scamming devs or devs without a plan or technical knowledge.

As a user/miner of coins I don't need to prove my accountability, and why on earth should I give personal information when I'm not the one launching coins?
chisefu

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

FUD = Only fud I've seen so far are the people who created this list and for no reason called it a scam.  They want dev accountability, but I highly doubt they'd offer their own personal information.  I'm also guessing they just fud other threads as well, negative nancy types.

1-2 years ago this forum was a pretty nice place to come. There were a lot of people with an above average intelligence. Revolutionary people with idealistic ideas about how to make a new and more fair economy.

Now this place is a hellhole with thieves, scammers, thugs, greedy bastards, lemmings and organized crime.

Is it strange to ask questions or to make lists when several scams per day are launched here? In fact, more scams than not scams are launched here and nobody from Bitcointalk does anything about it. This place has become a warzone, and I like to survive here, but not by playing Mr. nice guy. I do not care about feelings. Mining is my job. I spend at least 12 hours per day mining/reading/trading stuff etc. All I care about now is making Bitcoins, that is what pays the rent. But this is becoming harder and harder because of many worthless scamming devs or devs without a plan or technical knowledge.

As a user/miner of coins I don't need to prove my accountability, and why on earth should I give personal information when I'm not the one launching coins?

Fair enough
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:35:27 PM

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen, like the SYS guys?

Why do you feel the need to ask this? what do you see on the original post? nothing is what i see. Why would someone buy a coin with no purpose, that doesn't set it apart from literally thousands of existing coins? that's the question I have. Buyers?
hashhot

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:06:56 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 12:26:10 PM by hashhot

great coin,look good
halcyondev (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:43:45 PM

I have a some matters in my daily life to take care of. Later I'll come to answer these questions and lay out a roadmap. My goal is to be transparent with development schedule.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:13:05 PM

Thread will be moderated only to keep bad apples out. Freedom is OK, abuse is not.

So you will be the keeper of the freedom and the judge of the abuse?

Sorry, it has never flown in history and will never fly in Crypto.

When you suppress freedom, there's ONLY ONE REASON for it: You have something to hide. And we will all see very soon how this axiom becaomes, once again, a reality. Hopefully you will not have skimmed too many naive people by then.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:17:05 PM

Why do you feel the need to ask this? what do you see on the original post? nothing is what i see. Why would someone buy a coin with no purpose, that doesn't set it apart from literally thousands of existing coins? that's the question I have. Buyers?

Because they all want to be one of the ones that is 3000% up in their original bet (they will call it "investment") and they desperately want some excuse to justify the bet.

The dev is nameles/faceless (and busy with other matters, to boot), the thread is censored (you won't see this post for much longer, you'll see), and you need to ask? What you need is to run as fast as you can, that's what you need!
halcyondev (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:32:38 PM

Please read through the thread before you make such accusations.

Yes, I have a class to attend shortly. Sometimes I leave the computer Smiley

Posts with real content haven't been deleted, just 3 "troll" posts. After watching coordinated groups attack coins for profit, I choose to moderate here.

I hope the coin you support does well. I have many things in the plans, also.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:08:08 PM

9,000 SAT!!

This coin is taking off on bittrex right now.

This is getting interesting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:41:48 AM

9,000 SAT!!

This coin is taking off on bittrex right now.

This is getting interesting

Why did this coin shoot up?  It seems pretty middle of the road, nothing exciting about it (yet)
collapse157

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:14:06 AM

Another pump. Im mining haha.

HBN | | HoboNickels -- 2% Interest Every 10 Days -- Stable Network -- Stake for Charity http:hobonickels.info
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:10:34 AM

nice logo
NJRiot

Activity: 504

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:40:12 AM

damn, 62% mined already.
guess I am buying most of my coins.

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

halcyondev (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:10:24 PM

Updated ANN, and added the following information:

Updates:

7. Working on block explorer integrated into QT wallet.
6. Website block explorer themed nicely. http://explorer.halcyon.pw
5. ANN cleaned up a bit, small insight to future goals. Ongoing news will be added.
4. Added to Bittrex: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-HAL
3. Block explorer now up: http://explorer.halcyon.pw
2. We do not heavily moderate. We moderate to protect from deceptive attacks, if the comment is just trolling or dishonest attacks. Constructive speculation is OK. Only 3 non-constructive posts have been deleted from this thread.
1. We have the pleasure to announce we intend to integrate new features and more development. Thread will be moderated only to keep bad apples out. Freedom is OK, abuse is not.

Current Developments:

Brief Headlines - More Information Soon

In-Wallet Block Explorer to release ASAP.

Anonymous Halcyon Transfer System In Development
(more info on this soon)

Website In Construction

In Discussions With Nootropic Distributors to Accept HAL Or Perform As Resellers For An Upcoming Halcyon Store.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Ive been really busy tonight and dont have time to answer a lot of questions. I'll look into these POD services. Thanks for the logo compliments bit1. Be back.

Update... got in wallet block crawler working, will release later. ABE explorer much more robust at http://explorer.halcyon.pw

mellon
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:22:41 PM

Hashhot Pool http://hal.hashhot.com    we need many miners find first blocks

stratum+tcp://stratum.hashhot.com:3426 -u user.worker -p password.

PPLNS 1% fee with block finder have 1% bonuses

All users can use your hashhot unified login here,of not,pre-reg now
Lets try a little))

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
.steepcoinproject@gmail.com.
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:41:34 PM

Tongue  nice , i will put some hash in your pool

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hashhot

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

Tongue  nice , i will put some hash in your pool

thanks you support!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: