Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289617 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 02:24:19 PM

Anyone else finding that there are very few connections on SDC network.

My node (up 24/7) has 6 connections. Same server running bitcoind (average form 100 to 125 connections), blackcoin (average from 90 to 125 connections).

I am not behind a NAT, direct public IP on the server.

Block explorer also showing only 22 connections: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!network

I am not saying that anything is wrong, I just find it strange that such a big market coin has so few nodes running.

16 here bro

16 is still not that much Smiley

Possible that there are plenty nodes running over tor?
yes there is a number of people  running tor and also i asked another holder he said he had around 34
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 03:13:13 PM

My node (up 24/7) has 6 connections. Same server running bitcoind (average form 100 to 125 connections), blackcoin (average from 90 to 125 connections).

Block explorer also showing only 22 connections: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!network

I am not saying that anything is wrong, I just find it strange that such a big market coin has so few nodes running.

If you are behind NAT you are limited to "outbound" peers only i.e. 16 MAX on Shadow/Blk and 8 MAX on Bitcoin (unless you are using upnp)
If you have public IP and correct firewall policy you will start to see "inbound" peers ... You can see from this explorer server that it is connected to over ~110 right now and can observe as much as ~200 daily ( http://explorer.shadow.cash/nodes/ )

Stopping the client, removing peers.dat and restarting should get you back into the game. Most of my nodes (and I run a dozen or so have over 70 peers).

^ I am with STUPID!
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 03:34:44 PM

inthewoods: @dadon I believe the encrypted chat doesn't work from mobile. people using mobile will just see scrambled text

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:14:39 PM

If you are behind NAT you are limited to "outbound" peers only i.e. 16 MAX on Shadow/Blk and 8 MAX on Bitcoin (unless you are using upnp)
If you have public IP and correct firewall policy you will start to see "inbound" peers ... You can see from this explorer server that it is connected to over ~110 right now and can observe as much as ~200 daily ( http://explorer.shadow.cash/nodes/ )

Stopping the client, removing peers.dat and restarting should get you back into the game. Most of my nodes (and I run a dozen or so have over 70 peers).

Hi, tnx for the hint. I deleted the peers.dat, shortly after restarting the daemon I am up to 17 connections and climbing fast.

Strange thing though, I dont get it why that would happen. I am running shadowcash node for a year now, never had problems before.

Did the peers.dat get so crowded with dead nodes over time it stopped adding new ones?

Anyway, its fine now Smiley

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:28:25 PM

16 here bro

This is a PoS coin largely controlled by a very small number of people. It is centralized and I am not surprised to hear there are so few peers
sparksi

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:34:56 PM

16 here bro

This is a PoS coin largely controlled by a very small number of people. It is centralized and I am not surprised to hear there are so few peers

Those are the connections that cryptoID's wallet was able to form during last 24 hours, not nodes that were online. I personally have 39 connections at the moment, maybe someone has even more.
Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:39:09 PM

16 here bro

You realize there are over 250 wallets staking (accounting for 45%+ of the network)? How is that centralized.  Huh That's not a small number of peers..
krile

Activity: 746

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:33:23 PM

16 here bro

You realize there are over 250 wallets staking (accounting for 45%+ of the network)? How is that centralized.  Huh That's not a small number of peers..

Technically those are addresses. One person could own all those addresses. You do not know who controls them. It is not 1 address = 1 peer.

It can be 1 peer = 100 addresses = 10% of coins for example.

But I of course do not know what is the actual distribution of SDC, I just wanted to point that out...that it is not so straightforward...

dasource

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:13:28 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2016, 12:16:10 AM by dasource

16 here bro

Apart from your logic is flawed!
I have shown there is over 110 peers (active on a single server) of which a large % are inbound peers i.e. clients ... If you took a moment to observe you would notice on any given day you can see ~200-300 different clients ...
Now of course, this is the part you tell me that "the small number of people who control this centralized PoS coin" have setup hundred of wallets to make it look like there are more clients than there are :p

Seems to be doing just fine to me.

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

Hi, tnx for the hint. I deleted the peers.dat, shortly after restarting the daemon I am up to 17 connections and climbing fast.

Strange thing though, I dont get it why that would happen. I am running shadowcash node for a year now, never had problems before.

Did the peers.dat get so crowded with dead nodes over time it stopped adding new ones?

Anyway, its fine now Smiley

Yes, during the last price discovery I witnessed over 600 new clients go live (individual IPs). When these users go offline they leave dead peers in the peers.dat file. It should filter them out and it can take a little time. Quickest fix is what I suggested.

^ I am with STUPID!
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:45:25 PM

Are devs planning to release any news anytime soon? I keep checking Slack or this thread every once in a while seeing no news, so I was wondering maybe I just need to get back next year if there's no news coming?

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:12:37 AM

16 here bro

My Umbra Client is currently showing 63 connections.

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:19:37 AM

16 here bro

Technically those are addresses. One person could own all those addresses. You do not know who controls them. It is not 1 address = 1 peer.

It can be 1 peer = 100 addresses = 10% of coins for example.

But I of course do not know what is the actual distribution of SDC, I just wanted to point that out...that it is not so straightforward...

You also have to realize lots of little kiddies sold their stake in SDC when it ran up recently. Even more are selling into this downturn.  Wink

With a little luck I'll be picking up a few more at lower prices soon.  Grin
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:22:08 AM

Are devs planning to release any news anytime soon? I keep checking Slack or this thread every once in a while seeing no news, so I was wondering maybe I just need to get back next year if there's no news coming?

Hard to tell if they are planning to spring a surprise on everyone, or if they are having a tougher time than expected.

Wild speculation and intense volatility are what makes crypto so much fun!
megadouble

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:23:35 AM

Hard to tell if they are planning to spring a surprise on everyone, or if they are having a tougher time than expected.

Wild speculation and intense volatility are what makes crypto so much fun!

The problem is that Spectrecoin has successfully advanced on SDC and they are just about ready to run the whole thing under Tor as SDC has not managed to do yet. Have a look, I think that SDC is in a panic as they all of a sudden realise that they have competition in Spectrecoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.11820

SDC have been resting on an uptrend but they see that there are threats and they panic. I have followed Spectrecoin and it seems they will fix some issues with SDC. I think that SDC is too focused on the market when in reality OpenBazaar is a better proposition. I think that Spectrecoin will aim for that and I heard that Spectrecoin will have a proper Android app soon.

I think these guys are drowning.... nothing to see here...
Quartz-Team

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:31:46 AM

I read that Shadow Cash would give up and dump the stock. They can not resolve IP leak. I know what you said. FBI found "Konrad", and he was convicted, although he used Shadowcash to buy drugs.
rutherford

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:38:28 AM

dadon: lol we have been on tor for ages have you even download the wallet there is like 10 nodes running right now.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rutherford

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:39:26 AM

dadon: 10 tor nodes

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rutherford

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:40:27 AM

dadon: you guys are a joke

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
megadouble

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:44:01 AM

Shadowcash DOES NOT run under Tor.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!network

It's a joke, you think you are secure because it says Tor and I2P in the wallet but in reality they can't even be bothered to tell you it's a future feature....scam all the way!!!

Stay away
Pages: « 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: