Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:25:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:57:55 PM

Here is a run down for the laymen.

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

They are going to build it from the ground up on bitcoins newest code base.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"What is happening to the ShadowProject and your ShadowCash?"

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

Read more at https://blog.shadowproject.io/2017/03/17/particl-a-new-platform/

It explains it all very clearly, i'm not sure why people are confused.

"Here is a run down for the laymen."

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

Thanks longandshort for making sure everyone understands this!
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:03:37 PM

vtr99, you are a babbling idiot, i use that term quite liberally in regards to you. The same idiot that thinks using open source code is "stealing". The same idiot that is blaming developers for market cap fluctuations. Good job idiot!

Buy or don't buy, i don't care, you are not a supporter of the project nor are you helping people understand what is really happening here.
You are the bloody idiot who hyped this news despite the rest us warning you to calm down! You need to take responsibility for the market on your own back. Its seems to be your only concern.

The developers are doing their own work and do not serve you the market hopping idiot! Hence not effecting the market at all. it was people stupid like you who are not seeing what a fantastic opportunity this is. Bitcoins market fell far more then what you are trying to pass as relevant to anything here. It does it daily and i don't see you fucking blaming the developers for that. So stupid your stupid rants here, your stupid hyping and your stupid fucking justification for what you had a huge part in creating!

But sure, try telling me why you have now turned on the devs and are disrespecting this entire community most assuredly yourself! How did ryno manipulate the market in the way you are stating he did? PLEASE try explaining that to me?

mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:06:52 PM

Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:10:20 PM

vtr99, you are a babbling idiot, i use that term quite liberally in regards to you. The same idiot that thinks using open source code is "stealing". The same idiot that is blaming developers for market cap fluctuations. Good job idiot!

Quote from: LongAndShort on Today at 04:49:13 PM

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

LOL

verb

Activity: 432

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:10:59 PM

Even though we can think of reasons for the devs actions to be legit, the way in which they did it (no prior community communication, only 12 hours until it's over for SDC etc) is unforgivable. As they say in their medium article, SDC's marketcap was 30m$, and as a direct result of their careless actions and arrogance now it's under half that sum.
Users be advised for future trust: buy low, sell high, and don't have much faith in their deadlines or ethics.

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:12:37 PM

Even though we can think of reasons for the devs actions to be legit, the way in which they did it (no prior community communication, only 12 hours until it's over for SDC etc) is unforgivable. As they say in their medium article, SDC's marketcap was 30m$, and as a direct result of their careless actions and arrogance now it's under half that sum.
Users be advised for future trust: buy low, sell high, and don't have much faith in their deadlines or ethics.

Couldn't agree more. Most profound statement made here in the last 24 hours!
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:14:12 PM

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:14:43 PM

Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:19:33 PM

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.
Thanks LongAndShort. They don't really explain how the SDC and BTC funding will work. I don't suppose you know if a wallet is required do you?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:24:17 PM

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:26:17 PM

Thanks LongAndShort. They don't really explain how the SDC and BTC funding will work. I don't suppose you know if a wallet is required do you?

I would prefer being given private keys upon transfer of the coins to be used on the up coming block chain. I have no clue what they plan to do actually. Exchanges can also facilitate such things as this also.

Currently i don't think there is a new genisis block made but i could be wrong. I hope there is.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:27:49 PM

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?
RockDJ

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

Ok i see a bunch of lunatics who want to point fingers at the dev team for their own losses on a market not controlled by said dev team.

And i see me and all the people not saying a word (who are the majority here) scratching our heads as to how stupid you are being.

Its this simple though, if you don't like what they have done or are doing then move on. No one is stopping you. Bye bye! To be honest, no one who actually matters gives a ff.

true that I agree with this

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:40:20 PM

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?

I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:44:57 PM

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing
I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....

It's exactly that.... and the market responded. A dump of 50% at the same time a dump of btc is happening. double-whammy
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:45:09 PM

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?

I would not be surprised if Polo orchestrated this behind the scenes...
Someone was ready to buy $2-3,000,000 of SDC and that buy support is now gone = PUMP AHEAD (maybe post ICO).

Also, exactly how is Bitcoin's convoluted 8 yo code base state-of-the-art in any way...
Crypto is full-steaming ahead to ETH clones and IFPS and DAGs... blockchain itself is gonna be an anachronism soon.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

wrecksone:  Could be a pump today

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:51:01 PM

wrecksone: People wanting part.

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:51:19 PM

If I not change my SDC to Particl in this 4 weeks after what with my sdc ? will be dead coin ?
So I need chose change to Part 1:1 ratio or sell on markets ? if I not sell in 4 weeks after sdc will be dead coin and price drop to 1 satoshi on market and I never can sell it for ususally price?
So its Change or Sell order ? or keep it and lost all ?
Its not fud I just need info to make good decision.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:51:46 PM

Couldn't agree more. Most profound statement made here in the last 24 hours!

happens a lot...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: