Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:49:40 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 06:21:30 PM by noobtrader

this is the exact date

7th  Feb: We can see the Monero fix here:
               https://github.com/ShenNoether/RingCT/commit/6640e808018bb47ea34fd112dbf2d2bef9c1156b
               https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/commit/b215a98a749c452c0a0336ab4ee93b1d71df2e78

11th Feb: Shen Noether wrote this public blog: Broken Crypto in Shadowcash
12th Feb: The Monero developers and Community leaders also started a forum campaign to discredit the Shadow Project, and at the same time raise the profile of Monero by for example by posting these ---> ShadowCash is mathematically broken. I urge all SDC supporters to join Monero

Normally what usually happens and is expected is that if any vulnerability or major bug is found, it is common professional courtesy to let the developers know of the problem before you make it public and that didn’t happen here.

I remember the "bug" was taken quite seriously and needed verifying. I believe one user from this community on this thread jumped the gun and called "fud" when presented with the whole breakdown of shens notes and not just some speculation from the monero crowd. A unnecessary knee jerk reaction, but unnecessary all the same.

I believe the ShadowCash developers tried to break the code before actually having all of shens notes(as the speculation was coming from multiple monero and other troll accounts here on this medium). I believe they said as much and assured the community that they tried and failed to break it in the 10 hours they tried. Remembering that was based on speculation alone! Once verified however, after having shens full notes and breakdown of the correct way to break the codel. The community was told that shen was correct and was thankful to him/them and the bounty was arranged. That was handled for the most part in other mediums of communication but i do remember it all being here, eventually, as well, from members of this community.

Most skidmarks just have to remember there was a bounty for this exact reason in the first place. Shadowcash, its developers, and community members are far better off, now, then they were before shen brought up that bug. The system worked and peer review paid off. I still believe if the developers here were after money alone they would have dumped the project and gone to work for Microsoft...a long time ago!

Why do i believe this? Because you can actually have a relationship with the development team here (and it is a TEAM comprised of professionals not some upstart pretending to be a team). I have had one and got to know them quite intimately. I believe they are one of very few teams who actually show their faces and meet their community in public places. The ShadowCash team is among some of the great names who publicly back their ideas and code with real interactions, in real places.

They are not only great people but have proved over and over again that they believe in something as a collective and will do what it takes to work together to chip away at those goals.

P.S Dev team, i cant seem to find info from official ShadowCash sources. I think its really important to show the findings of shen if only as a badge. It is valuable that you are that transparent, everywhere.
There is nothing to hide, it is a bit embarrassing, but you handled it like the professionals you are and ShadowCash is far better off now because of it. Be proud, stay diligent, and stay safe.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:02:51 AM

who ever  cares about these new "exchanges"?
I dont see the reason why so many are needed, what is wrong with bittrex and poloniex?
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:09:56 PM

this is the exact date

7th  Feb: We can see the Monero fix here:
               https://github.com/ShenNoether/RingCT/commit/6640e808018bb47ea34fd112dbf2d2bef9c1156b
               https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/commit/b215a98a749c452c0a0336ab4ee93b1d71df2e78

11th Feb: Shen Noether wrote this public blog: Broken Crypto in Shadowcash
12th Feb: The Monero developers and Community leaders also started a forum campaign to discredit the Shadow Project, and at the same time raise the profile of Monero by for example by posting these ---> ShadowCash is mathematically broken. I urge all SDC supporters to join Monero

Normally what usually happens and is expected is that if any vulnerability or major bug is found, it is common professional courtesy to let the developers know of the problem before you make it public and that didn’t happen here.

I remember the "bug" was taken quite seriously and needed verifying. I believe one user from this community on this thread jumped the gun and called "fud" when presented with the whole breakdown of shens notes and not just some speculation from the monero crowd. A unnecessary knee jerk reaction, but unnecessary all the same.

I believe the ShadowCash developers tried to break the code before actually having all of shens notes(as the speculation was coming from multiple monero and other troll accounts here on this medium). I believe they said as much and assured the community that they tried and failed to break it in the 10 hours they tried. Remembering that was based on speculation alone! Once verified however, after having shens full notes and breakdown of the correct way to break the codel. The community was told that shen was correct and was thankful to him/them and the bounty was arranged. That was handled for the most part in other mediums of communication but i do remember it all being here, eventually, as well, from members of this community.

Most skidmarks just have to remember there was a bounty for this exact reason in the first place. Shadowcash, its developers, and community members are far better off, now, then they were before shen brought up that bug. The system worked and peer review paid off. I still believe if the developers here were after money alone they would have dumped the project and gone to work for Microsoft...a long time ago!

Why do i believe this? Because you can actually have a relationship with the development team here (and it is a TEAM comprised of professionals not some upstart pretending to be a team). I have had one and got to know them quite intimately. I believe they are one of very few teams who actually show their faces and meet their community in public places. The ShadowCash team is among some of the great names who publicly back their ideas and code with real interactions, in real places.

They are not only great people but have proved over and over again that they believe in something as a collective and will do what it takes to work together to chip away at those goals.

P.S Dev team, i cant seem to find info from official ShadowCash sources. I think its really important to show the findings of shen if only as a badge. It is valuable that you are that transparent, everywhere.
There is nothing to hide, it is a bit embarrassing, but you handled it like the professionals you are and ShadowCash is far better off now because of it. Be proud, stay diligent, and stay safe.

It also shows how the Shadow team is much more professional than Monero's.  Even after this fiasco where monero devs acted childish and unprofessionally, didn't a shadow dev find two different really bad bugs in monero's ringct? Yet the dev let them know, instead of starting a campaign to discredit monero.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they found a unlimited coin generation bug and a deanonymization bug.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:54:21 AM

bobshadow: guys how many is using a hard wallet for storing btc, if the software for the hard wallet is not supported in like 10 or 20 years how can i retrive my btc later, same applies for paper wallet? can it then be used with any wallet like jaxx or weppo

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Hauruck

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:08:25 PM

Greetings, I'm running shadowcoind and my wallet is encrypted.

The correct command for making a payment should be:

sendtoaddress <receiver> <amount> <comment> <comment-to> <narration> - sending funds

from: https://umbra.academy/index.php?title=Introduction_to_Shadowcoind

But in return I get this error:

Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first.

So I need to pass on my wallet passphrase in the command, but how?

I haven't used shadowcoind but have you tried?

walletpassphrase <password> 90

This should unlock your wallet for 90 seconds.

Thank you so much! It worked, I never thought of unlocking the wallet first.
coinbit71

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:41:32 PM

showdowfaggots how are you?

This coin is worthless. Always was and will be. Poor dev team, unrealistic vision.
XMR FOREVER

actually things are not so as it seems to us or as other says about it but only our perspective over it or our experience.
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:47:09 PM

Any news from the devs? Grin
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:55:22 AM

Any news from the devs? Grin

Clearly there isn't! You will be one of the first to know when there is some i guess.
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:18:50 AM

Last update from the sdc-dev posted on the Slack/riot channel on 28th Feb

Hey Guys, I really wanted to give you news by now but Ii'm just letting you know that we're working full steam and we want to do things properly.
Please hang tight for a bit longer, we will tell you more on 17th March by 10:00 UTC!

From idling in the channel I've read that there are additional members on the development team.  The developers seem genuinely excited at what is currently in progress, but no real details have been said following the NDA after the group meeting in Hong Kong.

There have been a few small chances to pick up coins slightly cheaper but we seem to be fairly stable around $1.50-$1.70 mark.

There was a fast dump of 70-80k coins over the weekend, which I guess was trying to panic the market but it recovered within a few hours.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:56:42 PM

Buy pressure is building. My spidey senses are tingling. It's been a long wait, I hope that marketplace is ready for action.
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:16:29 AM

I think we just reached ATH!!! Shocked

Manetor

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:25:20 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 04:20:38 PM by Manetor

ShadowCash go on $ 4 Grin
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:10:15 AM

Is it true that the second semester will be promising for ShadowCash? If it's true, look forward!
New Monero, version 2017?  Cheesy
altseeker

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:23:15 AM

Is it true that the second semester will be promising for ShadowCash? If it's true, look forward!
New Monero, version 2017?  Cheesy

Who knows it may be better than Monero, let's see how SDC will pan out to be a valuable currency this year.
Manetor

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:19:49 PM

It seems $SDC is breaking up!

http://i63.tinypic.com/kahczr.jpg

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:02:15 AM

Ok please calm down and try restrain yourselves, this is not a trading thread nor is it a pipe dream thread for well wishers trying to compare it to other projects. Thats not fair on anyone, nor is it sensible!

You opinions on price speculation matter, they just don't belong in this thread, in this way. Years and someone still hasn't made a speculation thread. Go make one? It could have all charts and graphs and memes specific to the threads topic. It will certainly serve your cause better then cluttering up this announcement thread.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:41:49 PM

Ok please calm down and try restrain yourselves, this is not a trading thread nor is it a pipe dream thread for well wishers trying to compare it to other projects. Thats not fair on anyone, nor is it sensible!

You opinions on price speculation matter, they just don't belong in this thread, in this way. Years and someone still hasn't made a speculation thread. Go make one? It could have all charts and graphs and memes specific to the threads topic. It will certainly serve your cause better then cluttering up this announcement thread.

This thread is just fine for price speculation. I wouldn't have spent the last couple years hanging out here if I didn't believe the price of SDC would eventually go up massively.

Not only that, but it sure beats posts from the XMR peanut gallery...

Wake me up when SDC hits $25.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:20:30 AM

This thread is just fine for price speculation. I wouldn't have spent the last couple years hanging out here if I didn't believe the price of SDC would eventually go up massively.

I encourage you to re-think that. But let me get this straight. You are not caring much if there is disorder and chaos because you want to go to sleep and be woken up when the project arrives at a new destination.

It does not seem logical to me to me to have even posted what you did. I've noticed you doing that quite a bit lately. For instance, trolling (i use that word lightly but sternly) on other projects saying they "stole ShadowCash code". I'm completely sure it was to cause more chaos. (fires i've personally had to cover, myself) You cant possibly believe code on a git, that is open source and there for public use, can be stolen can you? I hope not.

I just wish there to be at least some order here, i always have, ask anyone who has been around here a long time. It has always ruffled a few feathers and it may have been too early in the past but i was treating this project like it would get to this point in its own time. I was right, it has and i believe it will continue to grow, and i still believe there needs to be some order. Its a fools game seeing the page count as currency, not when its filled with rubbish.

Most of the SDC old school have moved right off this "ANNOUNCEMENT" thread with their chit chat and i think that was a show of respect to their community. It showed wisdom and integrity, and i highly respect the group for demonstrating such restraint and order. It further cements the legitimacy of the project and its backers, in my opinion. What do you think?

I was off grid for many months over the past few years. So, coming back and trying to read this thread was a absolute nightmare. It is not what i want to do with 3+ hours of my time. How much are you worth a hour? See, the bigger the project grows, the more chance people looking for, at least some insight, will go through this thread and be angry that it turned into researching a thesis type deal!

I don't want a flame war with you or anyone here. I just don't believe what i'm saying is  unrealistic or unfair. In my eyes its just common sense, always has been.

However, in saying that, if the SDC majority want to spam this thread with rubbish and not think of the future, 5-10 years down the track then by all means do what you will. I mean, who am i to argue with the majority here. If not then i suggest some people put their hands up to make some threads and maintain them.

- Speculation
- Tech/project comparison (if you dare)
- (what else would you gals/guys like to see here?)
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:15:12 AM

I encourage you to re-think that. But let me get this straight. You are not caring much if there is disorder and chaos because you want to go to sleep and be woken up when the project arrives at a new destination.

It does not seem logical to me to me to have even posted what you did. I've noticed you doing that quite a bit lately. For instance, trolling (i use that word lightly but sternly) on other projects saying they "stole ShadowCash code". I'm completely sure it was to cause more chaos. (fires i've personally had to cover, myself) You cant possibly believe code on a git, that is open source and there for public use, can be stolen can you? I hope not.

I just wish there to be at least some order here, i always have, ask anyone who has been around here a long time. It has always ruffled a few feathers and it may have been too early in the past but i was treating this project like it would get to this point in its own time. I was right, it has and i believe it will continue to grow, and i still believe there needs to be some order. Its a fools game seeing the page count as currency, not when its filled with rubbish.

Most of the SDC old school have moved right off this "ANNOUNCEMENT" thread with their chit chat and i think that was a show of respect to their community. It showed wisdom and integrity, and i highly respect the group for demonstrating such restraint and order. It further cements the legitimacy of the project and its backers, in my opinion. What do you think?

I was off grid for many months over the past few years. So, coming back and trying to read this thread was a absolute nightmare. It is not what i want to do with 3+ hours of my time. How much are you worth a hour? See, the bigger the project grows, the more chance people looking for, at least some insight, will go through this thread and be angry that it turned into researching a thesis type deal!

I don't want a flame war with you or anyone here. I just don't believe what i'm saying is  unrealistic or unfair. In my eyes its just common sense, always has been.

However, in saying that, if the SDC majority want to spam this thread with rubbish and not think of the future, 5-10 years down the track then by all means do what you will. I mean, who am i to argue with the majority here. If not then i suggest some people put their hands up to make some threads and maintain them.

- Speculation
- Tech/project comparison (if you dare)
- (what else would you gals/guys like to see here?)

Speculation makes the world go round. I've been accumulating SDC since the beginning because I have always believed in this project (and speculation in investments that have great potential). Nothing I say is going to make any difference to those who try to trash talk my favorite coin, so yeah in a way you are right. Disorder and chaos don't bother me, and I can afford to "sleep" until we arrive. I'm sure enough that I convinced my family and friends to invest long ago.

I have suggested many times that SDC hold back parts of the code for some set time period. If SDC is able to execute the planned road map, it will eventually be a contender for the top coin. So yeah stolen code, cloned, or whatever you want to call it. Some idiots capitalizing on the hard work of others. It is one of the major reasons crypto has a bad name. ICO's where someone just takes someone else's work, makes a few changes, sells it like they created something until they have made as much as they can, and then they disappear. If you haven't seen this happen more times than you can count, you aren't paying attention. So Spectre says they are going to have a mobile wallet soon? Any bets on how soon it comes out after SDC releases theirs?

Of course if this open source code was unavailable for 6 months or a year, the cry baby thief's would start screaming scam or some other nonsense. The current process enriches those who deserve nothing, and slows the process of where decentralized crypto evolution will take us.

I'd also say you are way wrong about your reasoning for most of the core SDC folks not spending much time here these days. All the spam is still there, and for good or bad it is part of SDC history. So think what you want, but don't tell people who want to talk about SDC, or speculate on the future price that they trashing the forum. I for one appreciate the fact that some people have something positive to say regardless of the angle.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:16:34 AM

I am really only encouraging people to go and make a speculation thread and not spam it in this thread. I thought i was very clear on the difference between saying no speculation and saying that its good and it matters but just not appropriate here in this thread. I believe i clearly stated the latter. Making separate threads will actually increase exposure of the project which is what some of you seem to actually want, so i'm unsure of the problem here.

For example I don't go to the classified section of my newspaper to look for news headlines. I also don't pick up my local rag to look for financial statistics and updates on companies and trends. I pick up the financial review ( a paper in Australia) to look for those things, those specific things.

I ask you to contemplate: what is their goal when you think people come to this thread. They have clicked  Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) for a reason you know. Im not sure they were looking for price speculation and other things that really belong in other threads.

The project is legit and has done its time, its now time to form some more order to things like this. Its not a huge ask, so i'm not sure why we need a debate on something so logical.

Pages: « 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 [593] 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: