Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:31:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Geekphazm

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

I am so happy to see so many Blackcoin guys are together again, now Blackcoin has so many brother projects: Shadowcash and IOcoin, a prosperous family.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:48:01 AM

Dzimbeck, the wild west days of alts are long past. I have no hard feelings, actually quite the opposite...I am refreshed to see the people who are still around from those days. Your dedication to your project is admirable. It's great to see you are still working on Bitbay. I've been watching the project from the beginning (I own a small chunk of coins...😝). The Halo projects were revolutionary and before their time, they were like the first "smart contracts" in crypto. We could have made a great team back in those days...

I have had no involvement with SDC for a couple years, nor do I own any coins. I have nothing to do with the team other than I believe Ryno is an honest person and (like you) dedicated to his project. I agree with your take on the "shadow" branding, but as I said, I have no involvement in the decisions.

You are right we could have made a great team. However I am not anonymous and as you have seen I've had my fair share of problems with govt trolls. So its a good thing I didn't do darknet centric markets. Although in theory the markets are anonymous and such, we are branding to a larger audience. I was interviewed by Vice.com and told them the same thing. I'm not going to end up like the reddit guy or piratebay guys and definitely not like Ross Ulbright. I'm fighting for peoples freedoms but if I don't watch my ass then I won't be able to keep fighting and my story would have ended before it started. If I chose that path I would have not been able to keep coding at this pace.

Granted, I'm not obligated to moderate markets. Just like the inventor of uTorrent can't possilby control what torrents are traded. But uTorrent was wise to not brand for anything except filesharing. In the case of Halo, it does this as well. We aren't branding anything except DDE and decentralization as a whole, we are simply doing everything in our power to protect peoples right to privacy and protect them from deception. I'm not sure if that will ever get compromised however we are trying to promote good ideas in the hopes that other projects will see those ideas and be inspired to use them in their own projects. It was a shame to see SYS and OpenBazaar choose escrow models even when their own users asked for a DDE/mutually assured destruction model.

This is why I've always been fond of SDC for remaining true to the idea of decentralization and doing the right thing and choosing two party escrow.

Anyways, keep in touch... don't be a stranger. Email me sometime and perhaps we can catch up.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:00:32 AM

Dzimbeck, the wild west days of alts are long past. I have no hard feelings, actually quite the opposite...I am refreshed to see the people who are still around from those days. Your dedication to your project is admirable. It's great to see you are still working on Bitbay. I've been watching the project from the beginning (I own a small chunk of coins...😝). The Halo projects were revolutionary and before their time, they were like the first "smart contracts" in crypto. We could have made a great team back in those days...

I have had no involvement with SDC for a couple years, nor do I own any coins. I have nothing to do with the team other than I believe Ryno is an honest person and (like you) dedicated to his project. I agree with your take on the "shadow" branding, but as I said, I have no involvement in the decisions.

You are right we could have made a great team. However I am not anonymous and as you have seen I've had my fair share of problems with govt trolls. So its a good thing I didn't do darknet centric markets. Although in theory the markets are anonymous and such, we are branding to a larger audience. I was interviewed by Vice.com and told them the same thing. I'm not going to end up like the reddit guy or piratebay guys and definitely not like Ross Ulbright. I'm fighting for peoples freedoms but if I don't watch my ass then I won't be able to keep fighting and my story would have ended before it started. If I chose that path I would have not been able to keep coding at this pace.

Granted, I'm not obligated to moderate markets. Just like the inventor of uTorrent can't possilby control what torrents are traded. But uTorrent was wise to not brand for anything except filesharing. In the case of Halo, it does this as well. We aren't branding anything except DDE and decentralization as a whole, we are simply doing everything in our power to protect peoples right to privacy and protect them from deception. I'm not sure if that will ever get compromised however we are trying to promote good ideas in the hopes that other projects will see those ideas and be inspired to use them in their own projects. It was a shame to see SYS and OpenBazaar choose escrow models even when their own users asked for a DDE/mutually assured destruction model.

This is why I've always been fond of SDC for remaining true to the idea of decentralization and doing the right thing and choosing two party escrow.

Anyways, keep in touch... don't be a stranger. Email me sometime and perhaps we can catch up.

This makes a lot of sense.

vTorrent is implementing a lot of SDC, Blackcoin, etc and many of its own features to produce the option of paid for file sharing with BitTorrent (paid or free, users decide).  vTorrent is a dual use technology so it is legal.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg18181977#msg18181977

It is not so clear how the legal status of decentralised markets will be treated.
Jumanji7

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:11:32 AM

So SDC will not have its native marketplace anymore right? And this coin becomes worthless?

This is what was announced recently right?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:11:53 AM

This makes a lot of sense.

vTorrent is implementing a lot of SDC, Blackcoin, etc and many of its own features to produce the option of paid for file sharing with BitTorrent (paid or free, users decide).  vTorrent is a dual use technology so it is legal.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg18181977#msg18181977

It is not so clear how the legal status of decentralised markets will be treated.

Yes but for now decentralized markets, bitcoin and open source is LEGAL. And so is double deposit. So despite the government agencies efforts to discredit myself and other developers and despite bitcointalk mods deliberately ignoring the project and telling me personally they are friendly with bobsurplus and various news outlets doing trying to censor BitHalo(still the only smart contracting software in bitcoin going totally ignored)... we persevere.

My only reason to be in crypto is to popularize double deposit escrow. Or as Shadow has decided to call it "mutually assured destruction" based on nash equilibrium which was the first name for it in game theory.

The idea is to popularize ideas because ideas are immortal. So many people forgot about Tesla and his ideas were suppressed, but they never died as nothing is ever invented, things are simply rediscovered.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:16:13 AM

Then again...

You know its so crazy they are abandoning their brand of SDC. Very controversial decision. Were all the devs in agreement on that?
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 09:30:22 AM

So SDC will not have its native marketplace anymore right? And this coin becomes worthless?

SDC development is discontinued, the entire team + some new people have moved to PART.

You can exchange your SDC for PART at 1:1 rate for the next 30 days.

The marketplace will be the same, censorship will be client side

ANYONE:

If you're interested in this project check out https://particl.io/#intro and read it over a few times, all in all this is great news!

krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:37:56 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 09:54:26 AM by krile

This was obviously a manipulated dump so certain people can get cheap coins.

You can not buy PART (the particl token/coin) without SDC. The added BTC is only a bonus. You can not buy part only with BTC.

SDC              -> PART WORKS
SDC + BTC   -> PART WORKS
BTC               -> PART DOES NOT WORK

I expect this market to go bananas in the next 10 hours...

Jumanji7

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:00:23 AM

SDC development is discontinued, the entire team + some new people have moved to PART.

You can exchange your SDC for PART at 1:1 rate for the next 30 days.

The marketplace will be the same, censorship will be client side

ANYONE:

If you're interested in this project check out https://particl.io/#intro and read it over a few times, all in all this is great news!

Is there a separate thread for Particl?
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

this is the first decentralized market with currency ever ,,, and every body's trying to talk it down because of a rebrand  ,,,, just LOL

I will definitely be an investor in on Particl, but there has been a lot of money lost today. That cannot, and will not be forgotten by most investors that lost small fortunes today. In fact I believe it will make the new project far more difficult than if they had offered every SDC holder a voluntary option to invest in the new project. This has turned into more of a bloodbath that I would have predicted for another delay in the market, no news, or even negative news. In fact looking at the goals for funding the new project, the entire SDC market cap may fall short before this is over.

I am a die hard fan of this project, but I have to be honest.

You are the idiot who made all of this negative reaction and confusion in the market. You! You have been social engineering people in this thread for too long now. You are probably the biggest idiot i have met here to date.

Stop hyping and please stop talking in this thread. You do not represent anyone from this humble and patient community. You are not helping anyone, not even yourself, which is the sickest part.
You are a dropkick! It is litterly your fault for any of the confusion here!!!

No one else from this community was doing what you have been doing over the past week or more (longer if you count how long you have been around here babbling nonsense)! You have taken attention away from the projects integrity and humble approach to innovation. And have now effectively shown what a seriously sick person you are. You sir, need a swift kick in the ass because you still just don't realise what a reckless fool you are being. You have been coercing others to be just as reckless and its just not representative of anyone else in this community.

Please shutup, sit back and let the adults explain what a fantastic move this is for ShadowCash. Stop hyping, spreading and directing people in the wrong direction when it comes to how things are handled here. (you think you know whats the right direction but its clear that you are a dopey fucking idiot who doesn't! so shutup!) This project has never put up with the shit you have brought here and it wont start now. The community culture here litterly pushes fools like you out naturally because you just dont belong here doing that crap. Take it elsewhere, NOW!

Reminder: User:VTR99 Is not representing the majority of this community and project.

They are solely responsible for the confusion here and it was not the community of developers who wished to over hype the news and upset people.

The fact remains that the majority are happy with the news and think this is a fantastic move for the project. Be responsible and research all the facts. This community has never sprung any kind of scam on anyone, ever. Treat it as such at your own peril. follow vtr99 at your own peril
krile

Activity: 746

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:39:47 AM

The fact remains that the majority are happy with the news and think this is a fantastic move for the project. Be responsible and research all the facts. This community has never sprung any kind of scam on anyone, ever. Treat it as such at your own peril. follow vtr99 at your own peril

I agree. The migration to the newer bitcoin codebase is great. From the technical perspective this coin will have a bright future IMO.

Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:03:54 AM

I fully agree with longandshort that vtr99 is the only responsible for hyping sdc recently! He never stopped spreading shit over here for the last 2 weeks!
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:09:20 PM

I guess no one wants their investment to be non liquid for a long time.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:29:55 PM

Market reflects that people can't figure out the favourable economics of the redemption.  I'm buying here. No brainer.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

I fully agree with longandshort that vtr99 is the only responsible for hyping sdc recently! He never stopped spreading shit over here for the last 2 weeks!

You idiots make your own decisions, as I have made mine.

I have to say I did argue against dropping the SDC name and original concept. I did expect what was promised in the way of development. Amazing how often this happens with most coins.

Whether or not you little kids think my past enthusiasm is hype or not, everyone makes their own decisions on investments.

I find it quite comical that Polo, and idiots on these forums try to regulate what people can say about these investments. It proves that many people are viewed as not being intelligent enough to make their own decisions. Same as your childish comments, and fools like longandshort prove.

That said, I believe SDC has sold out their original mission in favor of trying to appeal to the politically correct, little kid mentality, and the lemmings. Very similar to what Darkcoin did.
Most of us knew this was the direction they were going, but hoped they wouldn't sell out.

What they did to investors was criminal. But I also understand in other countries they might be liable for what some mindless lemmings do with their project.

I've made a lot of money with SDC, and for that I'm very thankful.

Oh, and once again since longandshort can't read (I've said it many times before), I only speak for myself.... Always. I never try to represent anyone else. Just my own opinion!
bolivarcoin

Activity: 590

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:50:11 PM

ShadowCash really going to the UMBRA

coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:52:06 PM

5 hours to go before ICO / swap / seed round.

Is this the reason for the dump of SDC in exchanges?

And expect more dumps until it is pegged at $1?
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:59:39 PM

I have to say I did argue against dropping the SDC name and original concept. I did expect what was promised in the way of development. Amazing how often this happens with most coins.

Whether or not you little kids think my past enthusiasm is hype or not, everyone makes their own decisions on investments.

I find it quite comical that Polo, and idiots on these forums try to regulate what people can say about these investments. It proves that many people are viewed as not being intelligent enough to make their own decisions. Same as your childish comments, and fools like longandshort prove.

That said, I believe SDC has sold out their original mission in favor of trying to appeal to the politically correct, little kid mentality, and the lemmings. Very similar to what Darkcoin did.
Most of us knew this was the direction they were going, but hoped they wouldn't sell out.

What they did to investors was criminal. But I also understand in other countries they might be liable for what some mindless lemmings do with their project.

Oh, and once again since longandshort can't read (I've said it many times before), I only speak for myself.... Always. I never try to represent anyone else. Just my own opinion!

maybe not criminal, but yes they held the investors as hostages for their upcoming "crowd funding", "community driven project" as they call it.  
this thing was poorly-handled, bad (no) communication, no damage-control efforts,
I understand that delivering a good product/service need funds and it is a well-thought project, but the lack of informations and ambiguities about the swap was amateur-ish.
really glad I didn't had any sdc before the dump. And after reading the project and the non-stop crowd fundings, new delays again and again,
I just won't get aboard this. I personally prefer to invest in a similar project that are months ahead what we see here and about to go major (syscoin).

good luck to those holding thru this shit storm, I wish you all some more patience, you will need it.

good bye

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:03:10 PM

All you have done is create chaos, confusion, and drama here. You were asked to speculate in a specific thread (you refused to) you have been asked to now stop hyping (again you refuse to)

You have the freedom to do and say what you want anywhere but you are being advised and asked to show a little more respect for yourself and others. When you are hyping,  you are not representative of this community and your opinions are not of the majority. They are of you, i again ask you to go and speculate in a specific thread for speculation. You speculated here, now why do we have to see it over and over and over. Its about the tech here and this is a announcement thread for such tech. Why on earth you chose to speculate the market here is absurd and i'm asking you to stop. You have not done your cause any good, why keep going?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:13:38 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 03:23:41 PM by LongAndShort

maybe not criminal, but yes they held the investors as hostages for their upcoming "crowd funding", "community driven project" as they call it.  
this thing was poorly-handled, bad (no) communication, no damage-control efforts,
I understand that delivering a good product/service need funds and it is a well-thought project, but the lack of informations and ambiguities about the swap was amateur-ish.
really glad I didn't had any sdc before the dump. And after reading the project and the non-stop crowd fundings, new delays again and again,
I just won't get aboard this. I personally prefer to invest in a similar project that are months ahead what we see here and about to go major (syscoin).

good luck to those holding thru this shit storm, I wish you all some more patience, you will need it.

good bye

I just want to encourage you to see that vtr99 was the only one really coercing people to buy on news. No one from the ShadowCash development team suggested to do so nor did any of the core community members.

You see, you can call it ill handled and poorly thought out but you know what. The core supporters here trust the development team to make sound decisions. The ones that don't support them anymore will inevitably leave and wont support anymore. Its just how these things roll.

At the end of the day the dev team owes us nothing and can make all of these decisions on their own anyhow, just as they have. What right does John Smith have because he holds a couple coins have to a majority of people who actually created this project and maintained it! NONE AT ALL! Its never been put across as though he can either! That would be ridiculous! Try not to confuse what i'm saying with blockchain consensus. Try to understand that if the majority of the coin holders want ShadowCash to stay alive then they need to vote with the blockchain but then they also need to figure out who will pay for developers to come and maintain it when its not their code! Rynos team has left and wont be coming back! People just need to embrace the new and very wise future of this platform! That or just leave.

There has not been any ill play performed here. Prove to me how there has? Problem here is that a untold amount of geeks think they also know law and business! When really all they know is how to convey their paranoia over this medium.

The currency market cap does what it does. It is not the primary focus on anyone here worth a damn. Never has been and never will be. The devs have never openly suggested it holds primary focus nor should they. Their focus is the tech and advancing it. Its about securing the hard work they have already put in stays relevant and stays alive long into the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 [603] 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: