Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:13:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

Here is a run down for the laymen.

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

They are going to build it from the ground up on bitcoins newest code base.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"What is happening to the ShadowProject and your ShadowCash?"

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

Read more at https://blog.shadowproject.io/2017/03/17/particl-a-new-platform/

It explains it all very clearly, i'm not sure why people are confused.

"Here is a run down for the laymen."

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

Thanks longandshort for making sure everyone understands this!

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?

I would not be surprised if Polo orchestrated this behind the scenes...
Someone was ready to buy $2-3,000,000 of SDC and that buy support is now gone = PUMP AHEAD (maybe post ICO).

Also, exactly how is Bitcoin's convoluted 8 yo code base state-of-the-art in any way...
Crypto is full-steaming ahead to ETH clones and IFPS and DAGs... blockchain itself is gonna be an anachronism soon.

I was arbitrating between Polo and Trex while I had the ShadowProject tab open waiting for the announcement (didn't bother with slack---my bad!)....both exchanges dumped hard just seconds before the announcement.  I'm still scratching my head over it.  My first instinct is that the news was announced on the slack channel first which precipitated the dump....
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:58:29 PM

Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?

I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....

Its their tech, they can do what they want with it. People can keep the Shadow chain, tech and branding if they want to however, they will have to find competent developers to work on it and PAY THEM!
They don't work for people playing with the currency market. They do not work for the exchanges! People have been freeloading from their work for a long time you know. Its the beauty of open source and its how it should be.

They work for themselves, their vision and you could also say their own profit somehow. We support that vision and some even bet on its token on market exchanges. (which have nothing to do with the project!) Those are our choices to make. No one forces us to do anything. We do it knowing full well it could all have been for nothing or all for something.

The development team have been through thick and thin in this space. They have proven themselves so many times. They are still here and chose now to evolve. Its our choice to evolve with them or walk away. Anyone who got in early has profited. Those who bought on a rally and chose to sell at a loss cant blame anyone but themselves. Its a whole separate game they took risk in.

Those who bought in looking for a quick profit over the last few weeks and now have to hold to regain their money back or even risk waiting for a better yield do so at their own choice and risk. Its the game they entered into knowing full well it could happen and knowing full well they could be rich now or having to hold. There was no waiver but i'm sure if there was one it would have been signed for the chance to become rich. Its not the developers fault that people had a choice and a chance to get rich on another platform, using this techs token. Why are they responsible for the actions of these people when their focus is the tech.

If you chose to bet on it on a exchange then how on earth is that the responsibility of the developer. They made the tech and maintain it and you chose to use it in a risky game then i argue you wear the responsibility of it.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:01:01 PM

If I not change my SDC to Particl in this 4 weeks after what with my sdc ? will be dead coin ?
So I need chose change to Part 1:1 ratio or sell on markets ? if I not sell in 4 weeks after sdc will be dead coin and price drop to 1 satoshi on market and I never can sell it for ususally price?
So its Change or Sell order ? or keep it and lost all ?
Its not fud I just need info to make good decision.

Any SDC that isn't exchanged in the swap will be donated to the "foundation" in the form of the new token.  Even if we continued to support the abandoned SDC project, we don't know what the fate of the swapped SDC will be.  They will be somewhere and they could be used to dump on the network at a later time....Just something to think about there.  I would sell or swap if I were you.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

Not long now.  Cheesy
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

Here is a run down for the laymen.

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

They are going to build it from the ground up on bitcoins newest code base.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"What is happening to the ShadowProject and your ShadowCash?"

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

Read more at https://blog.shadowproject.io/2017/03/17/particl-a-new-platform/

It explains it all very clearly, i'm not sure why people are confused.

"Here is a run down for the laymen."

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

Thanks longandshort for making sure everyone understands this!

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?

Sadly, that is the way I see it too. You would have to be pretty dense not to understand this. I was in denial at first, but you can't deny obvious logic.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:19:27 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 06:29:33 PM by cjmoles

Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?

I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....

Its their tech, they can do what they want with it. People can keep the Shadow chain, tech and branding if they want to however, they will have to find competent developers to work on it and PAY THEM!
They don't work for people playing with the currency market. They do not work for the exchanges! People have been freeloading from their work for a long time you know. Its the beauty of open source and its how it should be.

They work for themselves, their vision and you could also say their own profit somehow. We support that vision and some even bet on its token on market exchanges. (which have nothing to do with the project!) Those are our choices to make. No one forces us to do anything. We do it knowing full well it could all have been for nothing or all for something.

The development team have been through thick and thin in this space. They have proven themselves so many times. They are still here and chose now to evolve. Its our choice to evolve with them or walk away. Anyone who got in early has profited. Those who bought on a rally and chose to sell at a loss cant blame anyone but themselves. Its a whole separate game they took risk in.

Those who bought in looking for a quick profit over the last few weeks and now have to hold to regain their money back or even risk waiting for a better yield do so at their own choice and risk. Its the game they entered into knowing full well it could happen and knowing full well they could be rich now or having to hold. There was no waiver but i'm sure if there was one it would have been signed for the chance to become rich. Its not the developers fault that people had a choice and a chance to get rich on another platform, using this techs token. Why are they responsible for the actions of these people when their focus is the tech.

If you chose to bet on it on a exchange then how on earth is that the responsibility of the developer. They made the tech and maintain it and you chose to use it in a risky game then i argue you wear the responsibility of it.

I agree.  However, these type of projects rely upon community support and community support is based upon confidence....the under handed appearance of the roll out may effect confidence.  If they will throw the community under the bus now to take profit, what will they do later? From a purely game theory point of view, I guess their move was brilliant, but it doesn't say much about their moral integrity, nor the future of the Particl project.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:30:07 PM

What a nice entry point! I'm hoping there won't be another dump..

Is there anyone even left to dump here?

Edit: I feel for anyone here that has lost money, but this is crypto.. It happens quite often..

GEO, RLC & QRL.
seven.71

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:36:58 PM

I also hope there are no more Dump, if this happens again my losses large enough
plus the price of bitcoin down, hopefully back at price 0.0047  Grin Grin

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:38:05 PM

I also hope there are no more Dump, if this happens again my losses large enough
plus the price of bitcoin down, hopefully back at price 0.0047  Grin Grin

Well whenever I see a dump of this caliber I always enter, risk = reward. I expect to see the market recover to higher levels but that's just me.

What would be the point of dumping now?

GEO, RLC & QRL.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:38:27 PM

I agree.  However, these type of projects rely upon community support and community support is based upon confidence....the under handed appearance of the roll out may effect confidence.  If they will throw the community under the bus now to take profit, what will they do later? From a purely game theory point of view, I guess their move was brilliant, but it doesn't say much about their moral integrity, nor the future of the Particl project.

Fair enough, i understand you see it that way, personally i don't.

I see it as poor character to point fingers at the developers decisions. I see it as poor character and low quality moral fiber to point fingers at the devs in this case. Especially in regards to people making poor decisions in relation to a game being played with the token.

Id like you to point out to me someone who actually supports this project properly who is hurt by all of this. Show me someone who isn't still in profit, someone who has been actually supporting this project for more then 2 months!

Sorry but all your (everyone agreeing with you) all of your arguments don't fly with me. This whole "boohoo investor, naughty developer" narrative some of you are attempting to legitimise is to me, pointless. Its a waste of your energy.

@vtr99 its obvious you are now desperately recruiting. Its super strange and super sickening!
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:40:47 PM

There are worse projects to be a part of, you've seen such huge growth over the past few months the value dumps but it's still up much higher than levels of months ago? I've been a WAVES bagholder since ICO and trust me there are worse market trends.

So surely there should be lots of people here still in profit?

Or is it only those who are mad because they bought in at an ATH?

GEO, RLC & QRL.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:03:35 PM

I see it as poor character to point fingers at the developers decisions. I see it as poor character and low quality moral fiber to point fingers at the devs in this case. Especially in regards to people making poor decisions in relation to a game being played with the token.

Id like you to point out to me someone who actually supports this project properly who is hurt by all of this. Show me someone who isn't still in profit, someone who has been actually supporting this project for more then 2 months!

Sorry but all your (everyone agreeing with you) all of your arguments don't fly with me. This whole "boohoo investor, naughty developer" narrative some of you are attempting to legitimise is to me, pointless. Its a waste of your energy.

@vtr99 its obvious you are now desperately recruiting. Its super strange and super sickening!

Recruiting??? WTF are you talking about?

I'm just stating the facts. If you don't see them, fine.

This project has suddenly become something completely different than the original objective. That change has been at the expense of investors who believed in something other than what is now being delivered. Not only that, but a huge reduction is market cap created by springing this "surprise" on people that were expecting something completely different.

There isn't anything to debate on those points, because they are simply facts.

So I'm not recruiting anyone. I made plenty on SDC, and I'm quite grateful. I wish the entire team the best of luck on the new project.

But the way this was done leaves a rather large trust issue for me. Again, just my opinion that this was very poorly thought out and executed.

If you find that strange, I suggest you worry more about your lack of comprehension.

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 07:10:39 PM

---snipped---

Cash grab here:

"How is the token exchange structured?

To participate in the Particl token exchange, you must have ShadowCash (SDC) tokens. Participants will have two contribution choices and a variable rate added to the bonus after day 3:

Days 1-3:
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) + $0.15 (BTC) = 1.15 Particl (PART)
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) = 1.00 Particl (PART)
Days 4-28:
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) + [variable market-based function] (BTC) = 1.15 Particl (PART)
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) = 1.00 Particl (PART)"

Here:

"Will there be any other funding rounds after this one?

Yes. When we create the genesis block for Particl the designated amount of tokens (per this seed round exchange) will be generated. Additionally, a second batch of tokens will be hard-coded for release at a publicly pre-determined block height approximately 9-10 months out from the genesis block. This funding round will not take place until after the public beta launch of the Particl Market and the establishment of the Particl Foundation. This allotment of tokens will represent a 10% increase in supply and will be made available through the Primary Funding Round at a designated date in the future."

And here:

"What will happen to any unclaimed PART tokens?"

At the end of the 4-week exchange period, the team will announce the total number of PART not exchanged with their respective SDC. Upon the launch of Particl, these PART will be donated to the foundation to be used for the continued development of the Particl Project."

Why the pre-announcement dump?  It just looks like greed....that's all.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:21:22 PM

hmmm.. all true about the bad handled switch.. .but looking at ther market right now and considering there is now less than 40 minutes to go
I believe we will see a FOMO pump now.  buying some for fast $$$ (like what the devs are doing, oh wait, err the "foundation")
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:32:20 PM

hmmm.. all true about the bad handled switch.. .but looking at ther market right now and considering there is now less than 40 minutes to go
I believe we will see a FOMO pump now.  buying some for fast $$$ (like what the devs are doing, oh wait, err the "foundation")

... do your research!!! the foundation will be not for profit!
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:33:04 PM

I've said my piece, ill leave the rest of you to fear monger and point fingers.

Its this simple though, you either get it or you dont. No one cares about your paranoias or distrust. The projects developers were here long before you and will be here long after you storm off.
The real supporters are doing their bits for the project and don't really care what any of the traders think at this point.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:39:43 PM

welll... now less than 20 minutes to go and no FOMO yet....

we should understand that No FOMO = no interest
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:40:29 PM

I believe we will see a FOMO pump now.  buying some for fast $$$ (like what the devs are doing, oh wait, err the "foundation")

Completely agree with you and cjmoles. No doubt they made a small fortune on the insider dump, and I'm just as sure the FOMO pump edit (will soon be) under way.

The lemmings are all too eager to cooperate.
menace.bit

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Generation Blockchain.

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:04:34 PM

---snipped---

Cash grab here:

"How is the token exchange structured?

To participate in the Particl token exchange, you must have ShadowCash (SDC) tokens. Participants will have two contribution choices and a variable rate added to the bonus after day 3:

Days 1-3:
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) + $0.15 (BTC) = 1.15 Particl (PART)
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) = 1.00 Particl (PART)
Days 4-28:
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) + [variable market-based function] (BTC) = 1.15 Particl (PART)
Donate 1 ShadowCash (SDC) = 1.00 Particl (PART)"

Here:

"Will there be any other funding rounds after this one?

Yes. When we create the genesis block for Particl the designated amount of tokens (per this seed round exchange) will be generated. Additionally, a second batch of tokens will be hard-coded for release at a publicly pre-determined block height approximately 9-10 months out from the genesis block. This funding round will not take place until after the public beta launch of the Particl Market and the establishment of the Particl Foundation. This allotment of tokens will represent a 10% increase in supply and will be made available through the Primary Funding Round at a designated date in the future."

And here:

"What will happen to any unclaimed PART tokens?"

At the end of the 4-week exchange period, the team will announce the total number of PART not exchanged with their respective SDC. Upon the launch of Particl, these PART will be donated to the foundation to be used for the continued development of the Particl Project."

Why the pre-announcement dump?  It just looks like greed....that's all.

is there an official thread to the Particl project?

Looks like they changed something in their FAQ about the unsold ("unclaimed") tokens..

What will happen to any unclaimed PART tokens?

At the end of the 4-week exchange period, the team will announce the total number of SDC exchanged 1:1 for PART and the total number of SDC exchanged 1:1.15 for PART. The remaining PART not claimed will be split 80/20 with 80% going to the seed round participants and 20% donated to the foundation to be used for the continued development of the Particl Project.
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 08:12:05 PM

~snip~

I fail to see how the team could be accused of throwing "the community under the bus". It's as if some of you read a completely different announcement. The only way to get PART is by swapping SDC. Did you follow the BTCD -> Komodo transition when it happened? They allowed people to swap BTCD for KME or to buy KMD with BTC alone and raised over 3000 BTC (~$2.3m at current rates). The team here could easily have opened the funding to non-SDC holders and earned magnitudes more money if this really was a "cash grab" as you put it. But no, out of consideration for the people who've stuck by them throughout the years they've decided that only SDC holders can participate.

The team appears to be positioning PART to become a top-5 crypto project.  The inclusion of Amazon in the comparison chart gives some idea of the scale of their ambitions.

Not only that, but they plan to do it on a shoestring budget. Compare their goal to the amounts raised in recent crypto crowdfundings:

• LISK -  14k BTC/~$13.3m
  • WAVES - 30k BTC/~$28.6$m
  • ICONOMI - various currencies/>$10m

And you call their funding goal of $750k a "cash grab"? It's a ludicrous accusation. It's laughable. The developers absolutely deserve to earn a living wage for their continued work on this.

Furthermore, amongst all this noise here I haven't seen a single mention of the fact that a CLI version of the marketplace has been completed. This is huge news and obviously means the GUI won't be far behind. Combined with the hiring of the professional PR Firm (see what good PR has done for the success of DASH), the Swiss foundation, the move to the newer Bitcoin codebase and god know's what else they have up their sleeves and PART is looking like the one of the most exciting projects around.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: