Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:38:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:01:23 PM

By the way, Im really looking forward to another progress update.
And, an ETA for the Market release would be very nice. Or atleast an indication.

I'll donate some SDC to keep this thing going.  Wink

All of us are excited about the Shadow Market release, but the main thing is that it is done right.

I think all we can do is be patient, and wait. So far patience has paid off really well. Still surprised the price is this low.
Best advice is to get what you can before other forces cause the price to rise. With BTC over $480, it won't be long until the effect is carried over to better coins.

Seems to be many selling off cheap on Bittrex for some reason. Wonder why SDC suddenly going down in value?

It isn't SDC going down in value, it is BTC going up in value. You ain't seen nothing yet!

As of this morning... Bitcoin 519.08 USD   8,094,925,048 USD   15,595,000   408,800,000 USD   + 8.49 %

Yea I know BTC going up big time for sure. But always saw SDC very stable, in fact for the most part very difficult to buy any large quantities, and now out of the blue fair chunk being dumped. Was just curious if there was any news I did not know is all.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:02:05 PM

code: BTC pump obviously..

It has nothing to do with a pump. It is all about coming market factors. The price is going to move sharply upward for the long term due to the coming rarity of BTC. I predict a stable price $800 or higher within the next 6 months, but we could easily see a spike to at least double that. Eventually SDC will be carried right along with it, as will other undervalued coins.

Ahh ic, thanks for the update.

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:07:15 PM

And, an ETA for the Market release would be very nice. Or atleast an indication.

All of us are excited about the Shadow Market release, but the main thing is that it is done right.

I think all we can do is be patient, and wait. So far patience has paid off really well. Still surprised the price is this low.
Best advice is to get what you can before other forces cause the price to rise. With BTC over $480, it won't be long until the effect is carried over to better coins.

Seems to be many selling off cheap on Bittrex for some reason. Wonder why SDC suddenly going down in value?

It isn't SDC going down in value, it is BTC going up in value. You ain't seen nothing yet!

As of this morning... Bitcoin 519.08 USD   8,094,925,048 USD   15,595,000   408,800,000 USD   + 8.49 %

Yea I know BTC going up big time for sure. But always saw SDC very stable, in fact for the most part very difficult to buy any large quantities, and now out of the blue fair chunk being dumped. Was just curious if there was any news I did not know is all.

I expect a lot of people to sell other coins to get in on the BTC rally for short term profits. So in that respect, rutherford is correct in his pump theory. But the real news is going to be long term momentum for BTC. It cannot, and will not be denied. The tidal wave is coming. A lot of alt-coins will likely suffer short term, but look at it as a buying opportunity. As the tidal wave recedes, the better alt-coins will rally hard. I am certain SDC will flourish as we continue on the current path of development.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:10:55 PM

I expect a lot of people to sell other coins to get in on the BTC rally for short term profits. So in that respect, rutherford is correct in his pump theory. But the real news is going to be long term momentum for BTC. It cannot, and will not be denied. The tidal wave is coming. A lot of alt-coins will likely suffer short term, but look at it as a buying opportunity. As the tidal wave recedes, the better alt-coins will rally hard. I am certain SDC will flourish as we continue on the current path of development.

I agree with you, good time to buy  Smiley

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:15:15 AM

I had power outage couple of days ago. After that my system time was not correct and Shadow wallet warned me about that. The time is now correct (Internet Time-option in Windows) but it's still not syncing. What to do  Huh

Had the same issue, close your wallet, and make sure the time is right. Restart wallet, the time warning should now be gone but incase the wallet still hangs on syncing: Go to debug and enter -rewindchain 1000
Restart wallet after this, and it should be fixed.

Had the same issue also and rewindchain 1000 fixed it, its such a nice an easy way to get back in sinc. 

Rewindchain didn't work for me. I had to install everything again. Now it works. Thanks for the help guys!

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:03:52 PM

Community Discussion: Marketplace Name?

We've had lots of comments that the usage of the word 'shadow' gives us a negative connotation, that it is makes it seem that our project is only aimed at offering illegal services for darknet markets. The truth is far from the fallacy many seem to perpetuate. In fact we're hoping that everyone uses our platform responsably. It is up to the users themselves to make sure that the goods that they purchase is legal in their country. The world needs technology that is censorship resistant yet one thing remains true with all technological advances: it has its good and bad uses.

That is why we decided to invite the community to a serious discussion about the name of the marketplace.

Here is a list of the suggested names in alphabetical order:

• Aegis
  • Anchor
  • Dispatch
  • Disrupt
  • Enigma
  • Haven
  • Hydra
  • Sekreta
  • Trade-off
  • Umbra

==> Discussion takes place on this forum thread!

We've also agreed that we'll be having two version of our software. One will remain just the wallet and chat (under the name "Shadow"), the other will include the market software (under a name yet to be picked). This doesn't change anything in reality but there might be people who only need the wallet and chat.

Groupchat Implementation

Code has been working hard to implement the framework for group chats into our client. It is currently in testing phase and works as expected. There are still some issues to iron out like creating groups, leaving groups but those are on the todo list.

We will publish a list of public groups that anyone can join. While Slack offers a great user experience, it lacks the privacy benefits of end-to-end encrypted messaging and decentralization.

The current implementation is rather minimalistic, it allows multiple people to chat in one environment but there is no simple way of creating groupchats just yet. It is however a feature I will be working on next.

Website Updates on development server

Our team page got a make over by Allien! For the moment you can only view it on our laboratory website but it will get merged upstream soon.
It now includes avatars, PGP keys for encrypted mailing to team members, function list and donation addresses for SDC/BTC.

A list of the most active community contributors has been added too.

Trello Community Hub remake

Allien has also given our Trello a fresh new look, which serves as a Commnity Hub. If you want to propose a feature to us then you can post it here.

Phoenix becomes Aphrodite

A testnet release is scheduled for next week, which includes crz's remake of the graphical interface and a simple implementation that allows groupchat. A full development update will dedicated to the release and the version name is updated to Aphrodite.

Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation.

A technical overview of the progress on the marketplace will also be discussed in depth.

Stay tuned for more news.

Best Regards,
The Shadow Team

-----

Official BTC donation address:
Code:
1GiosBkSpN8RS9pm1kgZU8AZUBEnLKYFem
Official SDC donation address:
Code:
SdcDevWEbq3CZgZc8UNbST1TaYLA5vLZTS

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:00:21 PM

Hi. Quiet investor here.

I proposed the same thing over at the Syscoin thread a while back, but they decided to stick with Syscoin and that is their decision. I think a name is very important for a product, especially if it is intended for wide adoption. I agree that the word ''Shadow'' holds negative connotations in the eye of the common people. That's why I think you should go with a name that (in an abstract way perhaps) represents freedom, safety, trust or maybe even adventure, but still sound catchy. Maybe you could use it in a slogan.

I was drawn to ''Anchor'' or ''Haven'' from your list. I would like to propose a few others to consider:

- Agora (name is propably taken)
- Astralis
- Calypso
- Falcon
- Steadfast
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:21:02 PM

Hi. Quiet investor here.

I proposed the same thing over at the Syscoin thread a while back, but they decided to stick with Syscoin and that is their decision. I think a name is very important for a product, especially if it is intended for wide adoption. I agree that the word ''Shadow'' holds negative connotations in the eye of the common people. That's why I think you should go with a name that (in an abstract way perhaps) represents freedom, safety, trust or maybe even adventure, but still sound catchy. Maybe you could use it in a slogan.

I was drawn to ''Anchor'' or ''Haven'' from your list. I would like to propose a few others to consider:

- Agora (name is propably taken)
- Astralis
- Calypso
- Falcon
- Steadfast
IMO it's all about Haven.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:58:44 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 07:17:35 PM by LuckyLeprachaun

Community Discussion: Marketplace Name?

We've had lots of comments that the usage of the word 'shadow' gives us a negative connotation, that it is makes it seem that our project is only aimed at offering illegal services for darknet markets. The truth is far from the fallacy many seem to perpetuate. In fact we're hoping that everyone uses our platform responsably. It is up to the users themselves to make sure that the goods that they purchase is legal in their country. The world needs technology that is censorship resistant yet one thing remains true with all technological advances: it has its good and bad uses.

That is why we decided to invite the community to a serious discussion about the name of the marketplace.

Here is a list of the suggested names in alphabetical order:

• Aegis
  • Anchor
  • Dispatch
  • Disrupt
  • Enigma
  • Haven
  • Hydra
  • Sekreta
  • Trade-off
  • Umbra

I was thinking:

Emporia Marketplace
The Emporia 
The Emporium
The Colosseum
Champion Marketplace

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 09:05:32 PM

In my opinion "Shadow Market" is just fine. It is based on the name of our coin, and selling out to politically correct forces is pure BS. At least in the USA we supposedly still have free speech. I think even that is becoming questionable if you look at the way people are being persecuted by the liberal leaning media and special interests. A little controversy is a good thing, and illegal intentions are only perpetrated by individuals. They always have, and always will be. Although I have started to question police and government control of many things I feel are protected by our disintegrating Constitution.

So my vote is don't sell out! Hope we see the marketplace in action soon!  Smiley 
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:49:44 PM

In my opinion "Shadow Market" is just fine. It is based on the name of our coin, and selling out to politically correct forces is pure BS. At least in the USA we supposedly still have free speech. I think even that is becoming questionable if you look at the way people are being persecuted by the liberal leaning media and special interests. A little controversy is a good thing, and illegal intentions are only perpetrated by individuals. They always have, and always will be. Although I have started to question police and government control of many things I feel are protected by our disintegrating Constitution.

So my vote is don't sell out! Hope we see the marketplace in action soon!  Smiley 

I agree with you that shadow marketplace is perfect.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:41:48 AM

How about it being a little literary, and call it "Nighttown?" A solid cultural reference could earn it some respect.

http://www.online-literature.com/james_joyce/ulysses/15/

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:27:32 AM

I'm on board as well. While governments all over the world continue to rob us of wealth, choice, and freedom, Shadow project gives back to us some measure of control and dignity. Please do not cave in to pressure to conform.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:00:53 AM

I'm on board as well. While governments all over the world continue to rob us of wealth, choice, and freedom, Shadow project gives back to us some measure of control and dignity. Please do not cave in to pressure to conform.

"Shadow" is not a negative term. The Shadow Cabinet of the UK is perfectly respectable, and a valuable thing.

It is best to avoid any direct connection to criminality. Here in the free world being a rebel is of little consequence, but for people in some other countries it is fatal. How would you feel about hearing of someone being beheaded because the authorities found the Shadow Market on his phone? Protecting the people in those situations should be a priority of the privacy movement.

Historically the disruptive technologies do not have names that by themselves make them and their users targets, e.g. Bitcoin, 4chan, tor, PGP. I don't think Shadow is any more controversial than those. Ideally the name would convey feelings of security as well as privacy, because you don't want people thinking the market is a place you go and get ripped off.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:12:13 AM

This certainly is the way to go imo and more importantly it should seriously help with adoption, regardless of what the market name ends up being.

Its just going to be so much easier to market.  At the moment its just too hard to introduce new people to crypto in general and every coin has the same problem.  Its too complicated for most and they don't know what a wallet is let alone want to install one.  And why would they install a wallet anyway, without a market there is no reason.  That's why the market should come first in adoption.

You could introduce new people to the project by just pointing them to the "marketname".site and from there they can "install market" which I think is much more likely to happen by not mentioning wallet.  We don't need to mention blockchains, crypto-currency or anything technical at this point.  Once they have the market up and running they then can be slowly introduced into the messaging and payment side of things.  Its not going to remove all the hurdles for the new user but rearranging them in a way that they are more likely to start jumping them.

It has to be a lot easier than explaining to people what a cryptocurrency is.  They already know what a market is, just point them there and not a lot of explaining to do.

My market name picks: Haven and FreeMarket
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:19:13 AM

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:24:09 AM

This certainly is the way to go imo and more importantly it should seriously help with adoption, regardless of what the market name ends up being.

Its just going to be so much easier to market.  At the moment its just too hard to introduce new people to crypto in general and every coin has the same problem.  Its too complicated for most and they don't know what a wallet is let alone want to install one.  And why would they install a wallet anyway, without a market there is no reason.  That's why the market should come first in adoption.

You could introduce new people to the project by just pointing them to the "marketname".site and from there they can "install market" which I think is much more likely to happen by not mentioning wallet.  We don't need to mention blockchains, crypto-currency or anything technical at this point.  Once they have the market up and running they then can be slowly introduced into the messaging and payment side of things.  Its not going to remove all the hurdles for the new user but rearranging them in a way that they are more likely to start jumping them.

It has to be a lot easier than explaining to people what a cryptocurrency is.  They already know what a market is, just point them there and not a lot of explaining to do.

My market name picks: Haven and FreeMarket

True that  Cool

Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:39:30 AM

I'm having a soft spot for Freemarket or Freebay.

bandofgypsys

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:34:59 PM

How about

White Horse (market) or even if you want to get artsy, Cheval Blanc

It's connotation can be seen as both dark and light depending the observers projections.

For example, a white horse by itself seems like a very benign entity, it can also portray a ghost like entity that flows through our modern
contexts.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:56:37 AM

dadon: I had the idea of combining square and a greek or latin name with a cool meaning
Square= a place of gathering consisting of shops etc

Alexander: protector of mandkind
Axelia: same as above
Bemus:platform
Calypso:concealor
Dasha:gift from god
Melanie: dressed in dark

Alexanders.square
Axelias.square
Bemus.square
Calypso.square or just calypso
Dashas.square
Melanies.square

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: