Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:50:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:48:04 AM

^^ exactly @dadon

I think this move is great, what ever the name will be.  And I really don't understand all the negativity with giving the market its own name. 

Okay so lets see what choices we have for adoption, because this is what its all about.

1.  Market directly to the DNM users

2.  Market to the nerds around here

3.  Wait for the world to learn about crypto blockchains and wallets

4.  Market to everyone through the marketplace

To me its a no brainer.  Nobody wants to know what a crypto currency or wallet is, its all too hard for the new.  I know I struggle to explain what Shadowcash is to new people, first you have to explain bitcoin to them and by that time it just gets all too hard and its a tough sell.  A market name change has nothing to do with appeasing the sheep or anyone, its about gaining adoption.

I don't know if the people complaining have ever tried marketing software before.  It's not that easy, you can have a great product that does everything, works fantastically and is free and its still a huge task to get people to install it.  Trust is a major issue and you are doing well if you can get 1% of the people who look at your product to install it, no matter how great it is.   With that maybe 1% of them will follow through and buy currency to use on the marketplace.  So if we can get 1% of the 1% that install it to buy currency and use the market then we are doing great and its all a numbers game from here and we have a much larger number of prospects to work with.

We can still market to the dnm's and the people around here with the Shadowcash brand and we can still wait until the world catches up with and learns about crypto's.  But in the meantime we can market to everybody through the marketplace. 

I see this as a fantastic opportunity to actually get real adoption in this industry and marketing a crypto wallet with a built in market aint gona fly.  And while everyone else is trying to find uses for their coins we can start actually using ours to create that demand. 

I think this is much more than a simple name change, its more of a paradigm shift and things can only get better imo. 

dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:38:03 PM

The difference is one name markets to a small audience were a more neutral name targets a larger audience...
So if you target only darknet users you will get only them... if we target the general public we get them and we still get the darknet users because they will use us regardless..not to mention the wider the audience, the wider the potential user base and since we are pos that equals are more robust and secure system.
a neutral name will only have positive consequences for this project.

It's all about problems and solutions. Right now, mainstream has other market solutions I've listed in the previous posting operating in their native currencies. There doesn't appear to be a huge problem here, and Shadow project does not offer significant advantages over them. I think it will be extremely difficult to pull these users away from these established markets and it would likely take years to build any volume.

However in the darknet, Shadow solves a huge privacy and anonymity issue and is not such a technological leap from what is in place. You will get much more bang for your buck marketing to those users. It's the niche we need to chase. Having a Shadow Market in Shadow wallet with Shadow currency is just brilliant for this. Darknet users do need ordinary stuff, too. Once the market is up and flourishing, mainstream goods and users will follow. Eventually, shadow will no longer be a dirty word.

Anyway, good discussion and I hope we can arrive at some democratic agreement. Cheers.
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:14:29 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 03:16:23 PM by rustynailer

@dickwhite

I cant argue with that, I agree.

But dnm users are a very tiny tiny % of the internet.  What if, out of the 99.99% of other internet users there is a decent % that want to trade but there is too many hurdles in place on the dnm's.  Its not easy to be safe on the internet and most people know that.  There is a huge untapped market out there and I believe the dnm's are certainly the way to tap that market.  But I think they still have a lot of growth in that market if more people thought they could do it anonymously but its just too hard atm.

The Shadow brand isn't changing, it will still be the Shadow Project, Shadow Network/Platform all powered by Shadowcash. It's not a dirty word.  Cool
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 01:21:25 PM

The difference is one name markets to a small audience were a more neutral name targets a larger audience...
So if you target only darknet users you will get only them... if we target the general public we get them and we still get the darknet users because they will use us regardless..not to mention the wider the audience, the wider the potential user base and since we are pos that equals are more robust and secure system.

It's all about problems and solutions. Right now, mainstream has other market solutions I've listed in the previous posting operating in their native currencies. There doesn't appear to be a huge problem here, and Shadow project does not offer significant advantages over them. I think it will be extremely difficult to pull these users away from these established markets and it would likely take years to build any volume.

However in the darknet, Shadow solves a huge privacy and anonymity issue and is not such a technological leap from what is in place. You will get much more bang for your buck marketing to those users. It's the niche we need to chase. Having a Shadow Market in Shadow wallet with Shadow currency is just brilliant for this. Darknet users do need ordinary stuff, too. Once the market is up and flourishing, mainstream goods and users will follow. Eventually, shadow will no longer be a dirty word.

Anyway, good discussion and I hope we can arrive at some democratic agreement. Cheers.
Our market is decentralized that's the advantage...and the point, we don't target DM users if they want to use it they cant be stopped but we are just building a platform for people to do business on that is decentralized and privacy centered..we build it and who ever uses uses it..but we are most definitely not targeting DM users..that would be the quickest way to kill this project
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:21:16 PM

"A market where anyone is free to buy or sell, whatever they want, whenever they want to whomever they want and maintain their privacy."

I'm sure dnm users will understand the far-reaching implications of this.  I think it all depends on how exactly the overall message is tailored though.

And as dadon said, there are definite advantages to the market being decentralized. For one, you won't need to give a significant portion of your profits to a middleman (ebay, amazon, etc).
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:35:30 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 09:27:44 AM by systh

Our market is decentralized that's the advantage...and the point, we don't target DM users if they want to use it they cant be stopped but we are just building a platform for people to do business on that is decentralized and privacy centered..we build it and who ever uses uses it..but we are most definitely not targeting DM users..that would be the quickest way to kill this project

I don't see a problem with advertising to both "ordinary" people (promoting crypto and privacy as a side-effect) and privacy-focused users (which will be way easier without that much effort). I see promoting the Market to the mainstream as a main goal, that's for sure.

Regarding the naming, I believe that the right way would be to keep Shadow* as a brand of course, for the underlying tech behind the Market/Wallet and currency. The Market itself could be named differently, as a separated product – which it will be, as there would be 2 coexisting versions of Wallet (one Wallet-only, another with built-in Market).

As discussed on the Community Discussion: Marketplace name thread on our forums, I'm pro for sticking to the mythology naming we began with Phoenix release (and upcoming Aphrodite). Come on in and join the discussion there!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:43:08 PM

... to recover sdc in sdc client do I need only private key or also public key?
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:53:26 PM

... to recover sdc in sdc client do I need only private key or also public key?

Well if you have the private key you can always hash out the public key for it, so the private key is all you ever need.
dickwhite

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:56:28 PM

I wasn't implying that you target the darknet users specifically, because I don't think it will need much advertising anyway. But the Shadow brand implies a platform of privacy and anonymity, which will be most useful to darknet users. These are the users that will quickly migrate, populate, expand and test the ecosystem. I just doubt you will be able to pull many users from the mainstream markets. Decentralization and privacy don't seem to be priorities to them, judging by the popularity of current social networks. I certainly don't have hard data to back my assertions, so take it for what it is.

Regarding your second point, how exactly would someone kill an open-source project of this maturity? Even if the developers of this project were to quit outright, would the code not live on to be developed by others? I ask this because the market will inevitably attract the attention of law enforcement. If they could, wouldn't they try to shut it down anyway? Does the Shadow team have a plan for such an eventuality?
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:42:05 PM

I wasn't implying that you target the darknet users specifically, because I don't think it will need much advertising anyway. But the Shadow brand implies a platform of privacy and anonymity, which will be most useful to darknet users. These are the users that will quickly migrate, populate, expand and test the ecosystem. I just doubt you will be able to pull many users from the mainstream markets. Decentralization and privacy don't seem to be priorities to them, judging by the popularity of current social networks. I certainly don't have hard data to back my assertions, so take it for what it is.

Regarding your second point, how exactly would someone kill an open-source project of this maturity? Even if the developers of this project were to quit outright, would the code not live on to be developed by others? I ask this because the market will inevitably attract the attention of law enforcement. If they could, wouldn't they try to shut it down anyway? Does the Shadow team have a plan for such an eventuality?

+1

Truer words have never been spoken.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:43:37 PM

dadon: We have ideas on how to bring mainstream users in..wait and watch is all i can say..:wink: and i do agree with you dickwhite you make some good points..but we really do have somethings up our sleaves that may shock you!

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:24:38 PM

Does anyone know why shapeshift.io removed SDC?
rutherford

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:33:21 PM

code: No idea, we'll contact them tomorrow Smiley

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:42:43 PM

Does anyone know why shapeshift.io removed SDC?

SDC is still trading on Shapeshift. In fact I bought all the coins they had until just recently. Current limit is slightly less than one BTC.
dickwhite

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:36:34 AM

dadon: We have ideas on how to bring mainstream users in..wait and watch is all i can say..:wink: and i do agree with you dickwhite you make some good points..but we really do have somethings up our sleaves that may shock you!

Very well. I look forward to it.
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:02:19 AM

A short message for the community..

Today’s blog post is not your typical development update but we would like to tell you a little bit about the upcoming Aphrodite release, which is the new code-name for the relase of GUIv2. Shadow already has a beautiful wallet but crz has been working extremely hard on the new design which will be smoother, sexier and more elegant than any wallet currently out there. Aphrodite has some new features under the hood which include an easier way to back up your existing wallet, more logical clicks and a killer feature which we simply call ShadowChat. This function is way more than a BitMessage type communication hub within the wallet but instead it is Shadow’s answer to Slack! Our current group chat will be replaced by our own beautiful, secure, private and decentralized solution.

Aphrodite will be the start of multiple roll outs. After the new GUI, Ryno is finally setting in motion the long-awaited testnet for Alpha release of the ShadowMarket. After Aphrodite, we will roll out two versions of the client.

The standard version is everything you know and love about ShadowCash. It has the wallet plus all the chat features. It will be your daily drive when it comes to private communications, group chats and updates about everything Shadow related.

The second version will also include the decentralized market and this will be the main feature upon starting software. It still has all the other features of the standard version but the market will be the pivotal focus. Those who want to concentrate on staking rather than buying and selling on the market would be fine with using the standard version.

We are also playing with the idea of plug-ins that allow existing website owners to be able to sell directly on the ShadowMarket.

Lastly, our lead developer Ryno will be giving an exclusive interview. We don’t have full details yet, but we are very excited. So if you want to know anything about Shadow, the Market, Aphrodite or how Ryno and the team loves their coffee, drop us a line at the forum and we’ll pick the best questions and submit them for the interview.

Stay tuned, because everything is certainly moving up a gear or two!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:46:44 PM

A short message for the community..

Today’s blog post is not your typical development update but we would like to tell you a little bit about the upcoming Aphrodite release, which is the new code-name for the relase of GUIv2. Shadow already has a beautiful wallet but crz has been working extremely hard on the new design which will be smoother, sexier and more elegant than any wallet currently out there. Aphrodite has some new features under the hood which include an easier way to back up your existing wallet, more logical clicks and a killer feature which we simply call ShadowChat. This function is way more than a BitMessage type communication hub within the wallet but instead it is Shadow’s answer to Slack! Our current group chat will be replaced by our own beautiful, secure, private and decentralized solution.

Aphrodite will be the start of multiple roll outs. After the new GUI, Ryno is finally setting in motion the long-awaited testnet for Alpha release of the ShadowMarket. After Aphrodite, we will roll out two versions of the client.

The standard version is everything you know and love about ShadowCash. It has the wallet plus all the chat features. It will be your daily drive when it comes to private communications, group chats and updates about everything Shadow related.

The second version will also include the decentralized market and this will be the main feature upon starting software. It still has all the other features of the standard version but the market will be the pivotal focus. Those who want to concentrate on staking rather than buying and selling on the market would be fine with using the standard version.

We are also playing with the idea of plug-ins that allow existing website owners to be able to sell directly on the ShadowMarket.

Lastly, our lead developer Ryno will be giving an exclusive interview. We don’t have full details yet, but we are very excited. So if you want to know anything about Shadow, the Market, Aphrodite or how Ryno and the team loves their coffee, drop us a line at the forum and we’ll pick the best questions and submit them for the interview.

Stay tuned, because everything is certainly moving up a gear or two!

Can't wait for new wallet! Go go shadow Cheesy

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
sdc123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:53:25 PM

Hi,

I have been holding my SDC as 'Shadow' for a long time, maybe 6 months or more. I have tried to move the coins into another shadow address using the stealth address or back in SDC, but every time I have the error

'Error generating transaction: Error: verifyRingSignatureAB() failed.'

My wallet is up to date etc.

Please help
rutherford

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:01:57 PM

code: Go to help -> Debug window -> Command and enter: reloadanondata

It will rescan the blockchain, let it run the wallet might freeze, that's normal.

After that, try resending your transaction.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:36:10 PM

Hi,

I have been holding my SDC as 'Shadow' for a long time, maybe 6 months or more. I have tried to move the coins into another shadow address using the stealth address or back in SDC, but every time I have the error

'Error generating transaction: Error: verifyRingSignatureAB() failed.'

My wallet is up to date etc.

Please help

This may seem obvious to you but just in case you forgot, did you use the drop window that chooses the type sent, like sdc to sdc, sdc to shadow, shadow to shadow, etc..
Sometimes we miss what is in front of us  Wink

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
Pages: « 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 [542] 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: