Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Financial Risk Analytics-Subscription Service  (Read 130758 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:58:42 PM

@Vokain: if you'll notice if you look carefully, i'm trying to publish when there is something significant to say, not just multiple times daily b/c that was what i was doing in the past.  this takes the pressure off and makes it more pleasurable.  you of all ppl, know just how busy i am.  also as a result of the new pricing @ 1BTC/mo, i now have someone who prepaid a year out to July 2014 so it looks like i'm not going anywhere. Grin

Yes! Nothing should be more important than the utmost priority for your job, you have a primary career that demands that. What I mean to say, I've been subscribed for long enough to follow everything you publish, but I suppose if someone new wanted to join they'd likely be turned off without the same foundational understanding you were more likely to pass off when I was first subscribed in October..I just talked to a person that thought so is all.

understood.

but i'm assuming most of that foundational understanding you're referring to is fundamental.  i don't know how to keep on repeating all that stuff all the time for new subs.  i've written tomes on that within the threads which is readily available and have been wrongly assuming new subs have accessed that.  

as you know, i like keeping it short, sweet, and conversational. that's how it's become more manageable for me. that has it's advantages as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:00:57 PM

hi.

I reported you to a moderator using the "Report to Moderator" link some time ago. Probably late June/ early July.
Didn't like coming to speculation to see a thread with nothing inherently useful for speculation.
Just so you know its not only your competitor that dislikes your practices - its your potential customers.

Back to minding my own business. Thanks.

I will try to find a solution with cypherdoc and asked him to have a call with me. Because you are right, this daily bumping creates awareness for new potential customers (even if some people including me hate it as it woes not add value). Hence, it would be good to find an agreement to ideally limit posts that have no real content.

at times, in the past, i might send out anywhere from 4-7 or so short updates to subs with bumps.  i've throttled that back to once per day bumps, even with the multiple updates, at the instruction of BadBear.  you're saying that that's still too much?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:14:18 PM

hi.

I reported you to a moderator using the "Report to Moderator" link some time ago. Probably late June/ early July.
Didn't like coming to speculation to see a thread with nothing inherently useful for speculation.
Just so you know its not only your competitor that dislikes your practices - its your potential customers.

Back to minding my own business. Thanks.

I will try to find a solution with cypherdoc and asked him to have a call with me. Because you are right, this daily bumping creates awareness for new potential customers (even if some people including me hate it as it woes not add value). Hence, it would be good to find an agreement to ideally limit posts that have no real content.

The "content" is a notification to subscribers that an update has been sent.  Email is not always reliable and having a second channel of notification is beneficial.  You do the same thing with your thread, you just send less updates.  How hard is it to ignore a thread you know doesn't apply to you?  Other people find it useful, and if I were still a cyperdoc subscriber I would be pissed about the new policy.  You are acting like a fucking child.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:24:42 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 07:06:01 PM by cypherdoc

S3052,

it's true that the way i handle this thread is completely different than the way you handle your thread.

you use yours to advertise and actively promote market discussion, which is also a way to advertise, with those who wish to do so.  i purposely shut off all those types of activities b/c i wanted my content to be exclusive to my subs.

this thread is purely a notification system.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:52:27 AM

Update
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:54:25 AM

It keeps coming up in my list of threads that I have posted in. Can't take it off the list. Of course, that concerns forum software, not this thread.

0xz[.]

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

Free Minds. Free Markets. Free People.

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:08:39 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Sorry for not reading  every post in this thread. (My native language is not English). I wonder if people are happy with cypherdoc forecasts. Are their really helpful advice?  should I subscribe to this service?
Thank you very much. I love you all.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 07:32:26 PM

If I had to pick between one of the current offers available here at bitcointalk, it'd be the good doc's newsletter that I'd subscribe to, every single time. Like I said, they all offer their own perks but I value cypherdoc's service the most. His was the first one I subscribed to back in October.  If you have an intermediate timeline (least stressful) then I recommend it thoroughly.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:36:23 PM

I subscribed this month to S3052's just to see what the newsletter had to say, and though I do like it, I don't think you can say that you can say that cypher stole such a generic template. Yeah, you guys cover stocks and PMs, and yeah, you guys cover Bitcoin. They're all interconnected, how can you blame cypher for covering bitcoin too? Why not get mad at Waveaddict then? Honestly, we'd all be better off if we worked together, no need to be unconstructively competitive by bickering at each other. It's not like any one of you guys is stealing the other guy's material and insights. In the end, what the hell are we all here for if not to help each other? All in all, I think you'd benefit from subscribing to each others newsletters every so often and trying to improve your own newsletter because you each have certain strengths and certain weaknesses, you all have something to learn from each other.  I know I've learned something from each of you.

Here are my impressions:
cypher, you're usually not very ambiguous, which I like. You stick to your decisions and back them up with solid reasoning, and you tend to be right, though timing is usually a bit iffy. Also, for some reason, maybe because you get tired of tooting the same horn over and over, to not keep up with the same quality you had when I first subscribed. I politely request that you cover non-bitcoin markets more than you do now. I know you sort of dropped off on that because you felt that your readers only really cared about BTC, but I do like watching the stock, bond, and PM markets and would appreciate more coverage of that like you did every so often throughout the day.  I also get really confused when you say your all-in leveraged shorts were up for the day, yet I have no idea what those were. I think what I like best about you though is that you're conversational and I know you're another human being on the other side of those emails, and you do talk in a simple manner sorta like a doctor to his patient who has his patient's best interests at heart. It's a a nice feeling.

s3052, i like your analyses, but you do play both sides so you can't ever be "wrong". Is this wrong? Nah, I don't blame you. You keep your readers aware of both sides of the card, and it helps you have your personal probability for each scenario. Even so, your analyses have been more detailed then cypher's to date and you assuredly emphasize technical analysis more than he does.  Like WA's newsletter, you keep up a sort of summary newsletter you update as needed, which is really cool and easy to keep track of. Very professional. On average, quality wise, I'd say that you definitely best cypher at this point, especially for your price. I don't think cypher really cares about the number of subscribers he has though, as his sub service is something done out of amateurism (in the literal sense of the word). He does not need that as a source of income, though it's an appreciable amount I'm sure. That is not to say cypherdoc's newsletter isn't worth the premium over your price however. Like I said, you all have different strengths and you all have at least something to learn from each other.

waveaddict, I'm not very partial to your newsletter but there are other things that have been immensely valuable to me, things that have already paid itself over multiple times my sub cost of $210 over six months. You have a fantastic handle on wave analysis and I appreciate that you have indirectly provided me the means to learn how to myself. Perhaps coverage of good opportunities in imminent wave 3 movements would provide more value to your newsletter. Otherwise, to be honest, I don't even read your newsletter every time you update it.

Very interesting review! Thanks so much for sharing Vokain Smiley
0xz[.]

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:21:44 PM

If I had to pick between one of the current offers available here at bitcointalk, it'd be the good doc's newsletter that I'd subscribe to, every single time. Like I said, they all offer their own perks but I value cypherdoc's service the most. His was the first one I subscribed to back in October.  If you have an intermediate timeline (least stressful) then I recommend it thoroughly.

I appreciate your opinion.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 01:44:34 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 03:30:21 PM by vokain

If I had to pick between one of the current offers available here at bitcointalk, it'd be the good doc's newsletter that I'd subscribe to, every single time. Like I said, they all offer their own perks but I value cypherdoc's service the most. His was the first one I subscribed to back in October.  If you have an intermediate timeline (least stressful) then I recommend it thoroughly.

That is not to say I wouldn't jump around, there were 2-3 off and on miserly months where I decided not to resubscribe (wish I didn't) to cypherdoc. Still consider myself a very immature player in the market so it helps to have an ear everywhere, which is why at this moment in time I'm subscribed to all 3. I wouldn't recommend going from one to another, but if you wanted to, then do so concurrently. If I wanted to see what s3502 wanted to say for example, I would not recommend closing off your private subscription to the other just yet, but keep the one you had that way you can judge things more fairly as you see how different analyzers interpret the same events and price movements.  

And in the mean time, just osmose as much as you can from them! Being 21, they all unequivocally have more experience than I do and that's enough in and of itself for me to trust them over me right now! The goal is to (one day) get to the same level Smiley the reason why I favor this newsletter is because far more than the others, cypher taught me the majority of what I know about this kind of stuff (and more impprtantly, how to look at this kind of stuff) and was good at doing that.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:11:42 PM

The Coin
0xz[.]

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:03:53 PM

And in the mean time, just osmose as much as you can from them! Being 21, they all unequivocally have more experience than I do and that's enough in and of itself for me to trust them over me right now! The goal is to (one day) get to the same level Smiley the reason why I favor this newsletter is because far more than the others, cypher taught me the majority of what I know about this kind of stuff (and more impprtantly, how to look at this kind of stuff) and was good at doing that.

I want to trust one of you  who says to me, buy now and sell now, and  so I can do other things.   For the moment, nothing more... I'll learn in my next life.  There is no enough time for me.  Cheesy ......... Wink
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:08:04 PM

Gold
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:13:21 PM

wow
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:27:10 PM

dsl
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:43:53 PM

Cypher sent me an email saying he was banned for 2 days. From what I gather he will be back.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:28:07 PM

Update
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:56:02 AM

Dow
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:05:03 AM

Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: