Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: * MBANK CARDS BEING BLOCKED THREAD*  (Read 44019 times)
janahoch

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

I have 1 card to unlock.

What's my best option right now?
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:19:49 AM

Probably, wait some time to see how things evolve.

Mbank will be under pressure to find some solution.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Booooooo

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:42:00 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 10:56:48 AM by Booooooo

can we collect some experiences about cards alive and locked?

-currency: EUR
-typical usage: loaded by third parties via bank wires (source bank was almost never from Poland and almost always was registered to companies, but not famous ones, also sometimes a single card could have been loaded even from more then one source, bank wires addressed always to a same person and with field "reason of the payment" even quite specific but supposed to be not too much clear to understand from someone reading) emptied in a rush as soon were loaded (ok not always so fast) and day after day in different ATM machines around (none in Poland) RARELY used online or at restaurants/hotels/shops (none in Poland)

sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:16:43 PM

Probably, wait some time to see how things evolve.

Mbank will be under pressure to find some solution.

If everybody posting on this thread called them at least twice a day, I bet they would solve this in a heartbeat.

Get a voip account and start dialing.

can we collect some experiences about cards alive and locked?

-currency: PLN
-typical usage: loaded by several third parties via bank wires (source bank was never from Poland ). Emptied in a rush as soon were loaded and day after day in different ATM machines around (none in Poland) RARELY used online or at restaurants/hotels/shops (none in Poland)
Booooooo

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 07:45:49 AM by Booooooo

Quote from: sionsandman
-currency: PLN
-typical usage: loaded by several third parties via bank wires (source bank was never from Poland ). Emptied in a rush as soon were loaded and day after day in different ATM machines around (none in Poland) RARELY used online or at restaurants/hotels/shops (none in Poland)

curiosity: why did you took PLN card if funding from bank never from Poland supposed they sent USD/GBP/EUR? This not only lead to heavy currency conversion (double, one upon funds load into the card, other when withdrawing) but perhaps triggered the security lock mechanism (I mean could be suspicious a a polish user having a PLN card has personal funds to be loaded that are USD/GBP/EUR)

second: how did you transferred into BZ account? Perhaps do you have registered the card (if so, before or later the block) and filled the IBAN and then asked transfer?

edit:
also, is there anyone locked that has card currency DIFFERENT THAN PLN?

DiabloRambo

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:02:00 PM

Quote from: sionsandman
edit:
also, is there anyone locked that has card currency DIFFERENT THAN PLN?

Big nope!
sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

curiosity: why did you took PLN card if funding from bank never from Poland supposed they sent USD/GBP/EUR? This not only lead to heavy currency conversion (double, one upon funds load into the card, other when withdrawing) but perhaps triggered the security lock mechanism (I mean could be suspicious a a polish user having a PLN card has personal funds to be loaded that are USD/GBP/EUR)

I didn't choose wisely. I admit that.
When I bought it I wasn't aware of other currencies and I didn't bother.

second: how did you transferred into BZ account? Perhaps do you have registered the card (if so, before or later the block) and filled the IBAN and then asked transfer?

They hinted that they would transfer the funds to other polish account.
I registered the IBAN in mBank website after the block.

After that I called them several times and "forced" them to make the transfer.

kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

UPDATE:

After absolutely zero progress on transferring the funds I decided to take a 800km trip to Poland to visit a Mbank Branch as I was told on numerous times that is what I should do to unblock the card.
In Poland the nice ladies in the branch said they cant do anything about the blocked card as they dont have access to the card system. So I called the customer rep to ask why they had told me to come to a branch to verify my ID if they still cant open the card. I was given a big load of bullshit with different excuses and in the end they said I should contact the person who sold me the card. They never even wanted to copy my ID even though I insisted so I wouldnt have to go back again.
This is such BS and they are obviously finding ways not to pay the customers back.

If anyone is planning a trip to Poland just for this I would advise you not waste your time and money as it still wont give any results.
jackie.k9

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Ok.

This is just ridiculous now. I think that from this point there's only two solution for all of those (us) people.

1. Find the lawyer
2. Spam everywhere we can with really bad PR

And i think we should go with two. Can someone help with legal help? Someone in Poland maybe? Maybe some bitcoin "a-like" foundation in PL ?

Now it's just pure stealing.

This is few sites i found and i think we should start with

https://www.facebook.com/mBank.Polska  - OFFICAL MBANK FACEBOOK PAGE
www.mbank.pl/forum/  - OFFICAL MBANK FORUM

With these two they also have Czech and Slovakian version. Can be found easily. Writing here will propably only get Your IP banned and post removed knowing their approach.

http://www.money.pl/ - ONE OF THE BIGGEST FINANCIAL PORTALS IN POLAND
http://www.bankier.pl/ - SECOND BIGGEST FINANCIAL PORTAL IN POLAND
http://forbes.pl - BECAUSE WHY NOT? (They publish monthly ranking of banks in PL)
http://samcik.blox.pl/html - ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR POLISH FINANCIAL BLOG (guy even wrote about prepaids)

This is what i found for now and only with help of someone from PL as it's hard to find something using English.
Roslinpl could also help as he is in Poland. Don't get me wrong, this spamming will probably NOT get You Your money but if we ignore the fact that MBANK STOLE out money it'll happen again and again with different banks. Also, for now they are just trying to bury the problem because not many people know about it. Would You allow thief to take 2000USD from You and then do nothing? No. Even if police will not caught thief You still report it.

By spamming there's at least a chance that it will hurt them and they will just want to stop the bad PR. I'm waiting for opinion, i can provide polish translation on some limited basis from my native friend but all of the services listed above will accept messages in English (that's what friend told me). I would start with posting links to this topic, especially last post with "800km trip" because this is just below anything - I've also considered almost 1500km trip to PL but now ...

tylerdur2

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:29:37 PM

UPDATE:

After absolutely zero progress on transferring the funds I decided to take a 800km trip to Poland to visit a Mbank Branch as I was told on numerous times that is what I should do to unblock the card.
In Poland the nice ladies in the branch said they cant do anything about the blocked card as they dont have access to the card system. So I called the customer rep to ask why they had told me to come to a branch to verify my ID if they still cant open the card. I was given a big load of bullshit with different excuses and in the end they said I should contact the person who sold me the card. They never even wanted to copy my ID even though I insisted so I wouldnt have to go back again.
This is such BS and they are obviously finding ways not to pay the customers back.

If anyone is planning a trip to Poland just for this I would advise you not waste your time and money as it still wont give any results.

Why didn't you call local police and reported a robbery?

They told you to contact the person that sold you the card? Weren't they selling all the cards in the first place?

This is a pathetic behavior from them. I'd expect this kind of thing in a 3rd world country. I'm very impressed it's happening in Poland.

Didn't you show them e-mails where they specifically ask people to visit a branch in Poland?
kqpahv

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:38:15 AM

UPDATE:

Why didn't you call local police and reported a robbery?

They told you to contact the person that sold you the card? Weren't they selling all the cards in the first place?

This is a pathetic behavior from them. I'd expect this kind of thing in a 3rd world country. I'm very impressed it's happening in Poland.

Didn't you show them e-mails where they specifically ask people to visit a branch in Poland?

I dont know how their chain worked but I think they had resellers or smth. Yeah they told me to contact the person who I bought the cards from and ask him to fill a form to get the money transferred or smth. I really dont see how this is even relevant as I am their client with all the information about the card and not the reseller. I also told them countless times I will not be able to contact the person but they kept saying that "this would be best for the BANK and you" .
I was really frustrated and there was nothing I could do on the spot anymore. I will be searching some help from Polish legal forums and file a complaint to local consumer protection agencies. Its not even about the money anymore as sum locked up isnt huge. I just want justice - even if I have to pay more for it than I will get back.
Coinfan

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:09:11 PM

Mbank is going lower and lower.

You could ask for the complaints book of the bank. It should have one.

Probably, you can write a complain to the polish central bank and other polish regulators.

Above in this thread was published a list of emails. At least one member got his money back by spamming these emails.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:42:10 PM

Ok.

You could try contacting KNF, I wonder what their response would be:
http://www.knf.gov.pl/en/dane_wspolne/complaints.html

You could also fill out this form (use Google Translate; hopefully they employ someone who's fluent in English):
https://www.knf.gov.pl/dane_wspolne/Serwis_konsumenta/pomoc/skarga_na_bank.jsp

Signature space available for rent.
hgerson

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:45:43 PM

I started contacting notaries like bernard75 suggested.

If any of them solves my problem I'll post here... for free.

This situation is just too ridiculous to be true.

One guy making a 800 km trip and come home empty handed is ridiculous.

And it's also ridiculous that polish members can't do more to help without charging abusive fees.

This is a plain robbery.

If they don't want to pay the money on the cards the least they should do is reversing the transfers to the originating accounts and that's what I'd tell them if this was in my country. I wouldn't leave the bank until they have done just that and if they didn't I'd call the police and and a tv channel to ask them what were they doing.

This is the least someone living near a branch could do except in this forum where it seems that nobody would fart without charging a fee.
Coinfan

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:25:33 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 03:06:57 PM by Coinfan

As I wrote above, it's no use to hire a notary, you have to hire a lawyer. Only a polish lawyer can threat them with a law suit. You should join in and do a class action. A suit where many people join together against one, in order to lower the costs. You can open a thread about it, post your email and organize it.

But wait a month or so to see how this evolve first. Mbank can't just get away with this, they will have to find a solution. And spam some emails with complains. Look above on this thread about addresses where to send the complains.

A notary is just a representant, he can't do nothing. If they don't pay to the owner of the card in person, why would they pay to a representant?

hgerson

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:52:13 PM

If they don't pay to the owner of the card in person, why would they pay to a representant?

They have to pay or reverse the transfers to the originating accounts. It's that simple.

What reason can they invoke not to?
tzup

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:11:45 AM

Does anybody of you guys know why it says "Card data cannot be loaded, please try again in a few minutes"

Pic: http://s15.postimg.org/6x2lo0bnf/image.jpg

I didnt even used this card for anything, but it should be valid till 03/17... Huh
sirjocky

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:48:17 AM

i got the same today wtf

kqpahv

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:40:18 AM

I am going to go to Poland again in a few weeks. This time I am going to go all the way to Warsaw and I am going to try to confront someone higher up in the chain and present them with a possible law suit. I have about 10 discriminating emails from Mbank with shit/explanations that are 100% illegal in the EU according to my local lawyer (ie you cant get your money back because these cards were meant for Polish people only etc). I think a class action law suit would be the best way to go - Mbank has had those against them before and they have always lost  Wink If anyone else is serious about suing them express your interest !
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:50:46 AM

Your lawyer unfortunately sucks, there are no class action suits in the EU.
But as i said im done helping here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: