Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest in ICO shit, idiots...  (Read 166798 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:05:57 PM

More Infos here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835131.0

Neos is the exact opposite to all the hypes and scams. But still undervalued because too much money is in Hypes and Scams. ;-)

Did you ever stop to think that all the comparables are overvalued?  Piece of shit coin X is worth 1mm and piece of shit coin Y is trading at 500k, so it must be undervalued.  How about piece of shit coin X is overvalued at 1mm and so is piece of shit coin Y at 500k.  Eh?

If I see skilled and honest Devs, ongoing development and delivered quality... I buy. If more people would do research, investing instead of betting, Scams wouldn't work this "well" as they do. But, everybody makes his own decisions.  
KidCrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:06:35 PM

Please collect all information about this developer. CryptoAsian and Coinsource please release all information that you have about this person. I will be paying him a visit.

Thanks,
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:07:00 PM

All,

Just getting caught up on this thread.  We have not heard from the developer and the funds were released yesterday at 09:48 PDT.  

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

I am really sorry to say this but after losing my btc on bittrex my trust on bittreex is not there any more. Sad Sad Sad
You were supposed to do your own research. Bittrex's terms were completed.

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these. I was never a big fan of regulation but that needs to be done on all exchanges.

Video chat/ID proof/ Residential address/ Previous history etc..all needs to be there for every single developer on each exchange.

This EQX dev must be running around in happiness but he doesn't realize that his 66 btc won't last for lifetime and once Fincen kicks in..he will have hard time making any money at all.

This whole Bitcoin/altcoin thing is an experiment.

Can decentralized, trustless and unregulated currencies work in our society? The answer so far is an emphatic no.

More and more people are asking for regulation. These people need to decide what they want. If you want regulation stop using crypto - go back to fiat. If you want an unregulated currency with anonymity and everything else that comes with it then either:

a) stop investing in shit
or
b) get used to losing your money

You can't have it both ways!

People need to stop investing in ICOs immediately and a big part of this problem will disappear instantly.

As long as ICO exists..people will keep investing in them..you can't stop them. ICO isn't to blame..there are many ICO that have done real well. Scams need to stop and there need to be consequences for people who scam investors with their shitcoins and then make fun of them. If there are consequences that'll keep these scammers away...whether it's fincen or exchange do something about it to make sure that scammers don't run away with money like this.

When this kind of thing happens in real world...scammer goes to jail. Only in crypto he'll be able to walk away without facing any charges.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
MEED

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:08:54 PM

All,

Just getting caught up on this thread.  We have not heard from the developer and the funds were released yesterday at 09:48 PDT.  

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

All is good your ICO terms are clear and yours is currently the best exchange but I have to ask. Why facilitate ICOs? why provide this service when it is clearly abused 95% of the time.
You are not responsible for the devs misconduct and everyone should know that. But you do provide the means for this to happen, let the shitty exchanges take your ipo fee bussiness, sacrifice a few btcs and become the better exchange in every possible way not just volume, pretty interface and security but honorable aswell. It's basically "I'm just selling the guns, you're the ones killing each other", well don't sell guns, leave it to the lower tier exchanges.

Bittrex wants to earn money and thats what they do. Why let smaller exchanges get these dirty BTC?

It is dumb to accuse bittrex for the ICO scams. They just do their job and you should do yours (if you are an investor you should do your own research before investing)
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:10:56 PM

All,

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

All is good your ICO terms are clear and yours is currently the best exchange but I have to ask. Why facilitate ICOs? why provide this service when it is clearly abused 95% of the time.
You are not responsible for the devs misconduct and everyone should know that. But you do provide the means for this to happen, let the shitty exchanges take your ipo fee bussiness, sacrifice a few btcs and become the better exchange in every possible way not just volume, pretty interface and security but honorable aswell. It's basically "I'm just selling the guns, you're the ones killing each other", well don't sell guns, leave it to the lower tier exchanges.

Bittrex wants to earn money and thats what they do. Why let smaller exchanges get these dirty BTC?

It is dumb to accuse bittrex for the ICO scams. They just do their job and you should do yours (if you are an investor you should do your own research before investing)

It'll make things safer for new investors.. that's why. I'm not pointing at any one exchange. ICO isn't the only scam I have seen in crypto..there has been many other scams before this.

If exchange is holding ID proof, video proof, photos, address of every new dev who tries to add their coin..it'll make things safer for everyone who is investing in crypto. That'll also save coins from getting damaged because of FUD.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
atrostophe

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:11:57 PM

everyone keeps saying do your own research but a lot of coins arent obviously scams, every single new coin gets called a scam whether they are successful or not
Epiu

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

You know the real problem with these scams, people are supporting these new bullshit alternative coins and start-ups, instead of supporting the real business, coins, people who are trying to make a difference.

No one is mentioning here how much shit Coins Source takes on a daily basis for their work, POD started as a first step into greater transparency and has since been widely adopted. But things change, and people adapet, and scams will occur. But most developers are flocking to CA for free verifications, that's fine too, but doesn't necessarily help csource with their revenue to provide a better service.

What i'm saying is, support the people who are trying to make the difference, who are making coins and have been honest since day 1. Because the more you bash bittrex, ca, pods, etc... etc the more its hurting you in the end, they are the ones who are ultimately trying to help.

I suggest shooting a business an email with your support, assisting them with your feedback, i'm sure anyone would greatly appreciate it.

Bash me all you want, but this is the truth. As long as people are not willing to promote, or help others in this environment, then the direction of all alternative-coin based businesses and companies trying to make a difference will greatly diminish as the markets dwindle to nothing.
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:15:01 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

I am really sorry to say this but after losing my btc on bittrex my trust on bittreex is not there any more. Sad Sad Sad

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these. I was never a big fan of regulation but that needs to be done on all exchanges.

Video chat/ID proof/ Residential address/ Previous history etc..all needs to be there for every single developer on each exchange.

This EQX dev must be running around in happiness but he doesn't realize that his 66 btc won't last for lifetime and once Fincen kicks in..he will have hard time making any money at all.

Can decentralized, trustless and unregulated currencies work in our society? The answer so far is an emphatic no.

More and more people are asking for regulation. These people need to decide what they want. If you want regulation stop using crypto - go back to fiat. If you want an unregulated currency with anonymity and everything else that comes with it then either:

or

People need to stop investing in ICOs immediately and a big part of this problem will disappear instantly.

As long as ICO exists..people will keep investing in them..you can't stop them. ICO isn't to blame..there are many ICO that have done real well. Scams need to stop and there need to be consequences for people who scam investors with their shitcoins and then make fun of them. If there are consequences that'll keep these scammers away...whether it's fincen or exchange do something about it to make sure that scammers don't run away with money like this.

When this kind of thing happens in real world...scammer goes to jail. Only in crypto he'll be able to walk away without facing any charges.

I think it's the other way around. If people keep investing in ICOs then ICOs will always exist. If everyone stops investing in them they'll disappear.

There are plenty of devs out there who are legit and actually want to innovate crypto but don't get the chance because everyone keeps throwing all their BTC into these scams thinking they can double their money without lifting a finger.

It's all just greed...
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

Please collect all information about this developer. CryptoAsian and Coinsource please release all information that you have about this person. I will be paying him a visit.

Thanks,

If you ready to pay 0.5 BTC for information about dev I'll reveal what I know about him.
(send me transaction ID and I'll PM you what I know - my address is in signature).

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:20:48 PM

There are plenty of devs out there who are legit and actually want to innovate crypto but don't get the chance because everyone keeps throwing all their BTC into these scams thinking they can double their money without lifting a finger.

It's all just greed...

No, there aren't plenty of devs who are legit.  Every last one is in this to make money and get out.  Which dev actually wants to innovate?  Tell me.  Every alt-coin is a scam, bar none.
KidCrypto

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

Thanks,

If you ready to pay 0.5 BTC for information about dev I'll reveal what I know about him.
(send me transaction ID and I'll PM you what I know - my address is in signature).

Are you joking? Why would you charge for this? Who are you and why would I believe you have any information?

I will be doing everyone a favor when I pay him a visit.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:24:08 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

or

I think it's the other way around. If people keep investing in ICOs then ICOs will always exist. If everyone stops investing in them they'll disappear.

It's all just greed...

There will always be more & more scam as long as there is no consequences for it. If it's not ICO it'll be something else. I think collecting information of Dev before adding their coin on your exchange would save everyone lot of hassle...you don't have to release it to investors but if a dev pulls a scam like this you can take proper steps to report him to proper authority and next time he won't return.

This EQX dev would come back...If ICO is here or not..doesn't really matter and next time it'll be bigger ponzi scheme

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

everyone keeps saying do your own research but a lot of coins arent obviously scams, every single new coin gets called a scam whether they are successful or not

Yes, you're right. The most projects are not predictable in the first days. But it's all about the Devs. I don't invest any more in unknown Devs. I only invest in Projects I see longterm-potential, transparency, and ongoing development. And I'm nearly always in the IRCs to watch the communication etc. It's always a risk, even with the best Devs. But there are great Devs out there and Projects to feel safe, even if the price drops. If you find a quality-project it's about patience because real quality needs time. And all this Hypes and Scams... it's a hard lesson for all who invested in something like this. I lost money on Scams as well... but I think, I've learned my lesson.
atrostophe

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

Yes, you're right. The most projects are not predictable in the first days. But it's all about the Devs. I don't invest any more in unknown Devs. I only invest in Projects I see longterm-potential, transparency, and ongoing development. And I'm nearly always in the IRCs to watch the communication etc. It's always a risk, even with the best Devs. But there are great Devs out there and Projects to feel safe, even if the price drops. If you find a quality-project it's about patience because real quality needs time. And all this Hypes and Scams... it's a hard lesson for all who invested in something like this. I lost money on Scams as well... but I think, I've learned my lesson.

yeah i feel, in the end everyone in crypto is to blame, devs try scamming, fudders fud every single coin, exchanges just list every hype and investers and traders speculating coins and being dragged about all over the place and then there are whales who like to play with markets and play on rumours its really hard for anyone in this community to make a penny
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:28:45 PM

It's all just greed...

No, there aren't plenty of devs who are legit.  Every last one is in this to make money and get out.  Which dev actually wants to innovate?  Tell me.  Every alt-coin is a scam, bar none.

I work on Opal. There's a bunch of us who are legit - that's probably why you won't have heard of us though  Cheesy
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:28:55 PM

All,

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

Not accusing them in any way, please give it another read. There's also a market for people wanting to deal with an exchange willing to take every possible precaution not to be involved with the scammer devs and such market is growing exponentially - the scammed victim market.
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:29:45 PM

Thanks,

Are you joking? Why would you charge for this? Who are you and why would I believe you have any information?

I will be doing everyone a favor when I pay him a visit.

Ask everyone then. I don't care. Nothing personal - just business.

Varix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:31:42 PM

This thread is moving from one scam to another scam to another scam to another scam to.... well you get my point!
This is fucked up! People are fucked up!
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:33:06 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these.

it wasn't a scam until btc was sent, how could bittrex have known it was a scam. if those that knew it was a scam why invest  in the ico

the only blame you can put is on the dev

Right but that means Exchange isn't taking enough interest in whether the Dev is legit or not. For example..do they have ID proof of the dev, do they have residential address, did they have video chat to make sure he is who he says he is...what happens when dev run away with the money? How do you protect investors from scammers like him?

It's not the law that's why it's not being done. It's ruining crypto.

coinsource did all that, if dev did not provide those info then no one should have invested. today POD has been let down too. the only i thing i find stupid is what is the point of coinsource getting the id of the developer when they will not share it in a event of a scam, because they say if anything happens to him they would be liable.

again bittrex is not to blame, if they knew it was a scam they would never had added it. coinsource did verification they should release the details so the investors who invested can put a bounty on his head.

somone should make bounty coin for thieves

coinsource did reveal the identity of the midas coin scammer.

Other than that, I agree with others, stop buying these shitty ICOs. There will always be scammers, but ICOs make it so extremely easy for them, they must be celebrating the new trend. But, oh they are all busy again to buy into qsv and BYC. With the latter at least you know that the dev is scammer beforehand.

politzer

Activity: 492

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

People who are asking BTC for pump/dump/giving information and ...  in this thread,are even more pathetic than the dev.

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: