Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest in ICO shit, idiots...  (Read 166798 times)
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:45:27 PM

A stupid question... why are people buying Equinox on Bittrex? Is it not pointless?

The same reason people are buying any alt-coin.  Developer or not, they are all pointless.

I wish I could disagree but it's harsh truth. People are blaming this & that but reality is all altcoins are pointless.

That just shows that you have no idea what is happening in Crypto. The altcoins are the hart and soul, here is where real development and inovation takes place....not in BTC

Lets go back few weeks..shall we?

So..it was beautiful Sunday afternoon and I was enjoying my coffee and I decided to log on to computer just to find out some bear whale decided to cash out 35K BTC. "Oh no" I said to myself and quickly signed on to coinmarketcap to check the market cap. I was very surprised to find out that every altcoin out there was bathing in red blood.

"How can it be possible?" "But dev told me his coin would replace BTC" "but...this was the best coin"

I don't care what altcoin you have in your pocket..it would crash the day another bear whale cash out his BTC..it's the harsh truth. Can it change in future? may be..but I'll believe it when I see it happen..right now it's all talk and no action because BTC is still no.1 and everyone is attached to it...they think they aren't but they're and truth comes out when BTC crashes like it did on that Sunday.

BTC is only a coin....It is the blockchain technology that drives it. That is the part that is the most interesting of it. The blockchain technology is what we are developing, a coin is just a part of it.

So yes, altcoins are the most interesting, because there is where the development takes place....not in Bitcoin

If altcoins are so developed...how come NONE of them is able to replace BTC?

Why is there a need to replace the mother of the altcoins....we are just in the baby years of crytpo. There will be an replacement for BTC, but there is so much more...

As I said before...it can happen in future but I'll believe it when I see it. So far altcoins have been failing miserably and it's nothing but P&D scheme to most people and then something like EQX comes and destroy it even further.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:49:54 PM

Dear Coin Source,

You should release the video of you skyping with him. That way we at least know the person in the picture is involved in the scam and regardless of fake identities his face can be recognized.

Are any of these pictures of lukas real? We need to know what his face looks like and voice sounds like.

Why is the video not released?

Thanks

100% agree!

COIN SOURCE WHERE IS THE VIDEO OF THIS SCAMMER?

Truth is..this isn't the first time someone pulled a scam. There is already more than enough info released by coinsource so if you want to find him feel free to do so. It's not their job to babysit you. I'm sure it's hurting them more than it's hurting anyone who is talking shit about coinsource.

Crypto is only few years old...it can't be perfect..it'll take time.  They're doing what they can..releasing his info was kind of them..they didn't have to do it. Next time ..do more research before investing big time on a coin that has fancy graphic and logo.  Grin

and stop with red font

Please respond to the question I asked and dont make assumptions. I did not buy this coin.

I will try to find him with the information from coin source but it cannot be verified as it could easily be fake. So I will repeat my question:

Did you visit the address they posted?

I doubt they have video of that person and stop with red font please.

No, I am trying to find a friend that will be in that area. I will update when I can.

If they don't have a video, what does coin source have to offer? ID's, pictures and addresses are incredibly easy to fake.

They must have a video. Why won't they release it?

A couple things I think would be very beneficial for true POD/verification (in addition to what is already happening):

1. Video verification of the person behind the coin. This way no matter if they fake everything else, we have a video of his/her face and audio of what they sound like. Makes it very hard for a scammer to hide.
2. Address verification: user must provide a bill with their name and address on it. The verifier must call the company from the bill and verify it is a real bill.
3. ID verification: Contact the governmental authority to verify if an ID is real.

If a developer doesn't want to do these things then they have something to hide. If they really just "want" to be anonymous then they have to accept people questioning their agenda and obviously shoudn't be allowed to run an ICO (aka 100% premine).

I am interested in providing this service to the community. Are other people on board with this? Although I applaud their efforts, to me it seems cryptoasian and coinsource haven't done anything concrete to verify identities. Please let me know if this is something the community wants or if you think I'm wrong and where we can improve.

Thanks

YES do this Smiley Smiley

Make a website where we can click on coin and watch a short video with the developer. I think it would make it very difficult to scam. At least everyone would know their face as a scammer  Tongue

pm me if you ever do this, I will donate

Thank you. If there is enough interest I will be doing it for sure. The current POD/verification techniques are too easy to scam and unfortunately have the opposite effect that they wanted. Getting a POD/coin source verification gives credibility to the coin (even though they can so easily be scammed) so more people buy it. So of course a scammer exploits this opportunity. Problem is coin source and POD don't actually verify anything. I believe video verification would be a huge step forward.
BittyBoBitty

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:56:23 PM

Dear Coin Source,

You should release the video of you skyping with him. That way we at least know the person in the picture is involved in the scam and regardless of fake identities his face can be recognized.

Are any of these pictures of lukas real? We need to know what his face looks like and voice sounds like.

Why is the video not released?

Thanks

100% agree!

Truth is..this isn't the first time someone pulled a scam. There is already more than enough info released by coinsource so if you want to find him feel free to do so. It's not their job to babysit you. I'm sure it's hurting them more than it's hurting anyone who is talking shit about coinsource.

Crypto is only few years old...it can't be perfect..it'll take time.  They're doing what they can..releasing his info was kind of them..they didn't have to do it. Next time ..do more research before investing big time on a coin that has fancy graphic and logo.  Grin

and stop with red font

Please respond to the question I asked and dont make assumptions. I did not buy this coin.

I will try to find him with the information from coin source but it cannot be verified as it could easily be fake. So I will repeat my question:

Did you visit the address they posted?

I doubt they have video of that person and stop with red font please.

No, I am trying to find a friend that will be in that area. I will update when I can.

If they don't have a video, what does coin source have to offer? ID's, pictures and addresses are incredibly easy to fake.

They must have a video. Why won't they release it?

A couple things I think would be very beneficial for true POD/verification (in addition to what is already happening):

1. Video verification of the person behind the coin. This way no matter if they fake everything else, we have a video of his/her face and audio of what they sound like. Makes it very hard for a scammer to hide.
2. Address verification: user must provide a bill with their name and address on it. The verifier must call the company from the bill and verify it is a real bill.
3. ID verification: Contact the governmental authority to verify if an ID is real.

If a developer doesn't want to do these things then they have something to hide. If they really just "want" to be anonymous then they have to accept people questioning their agenda and obviously shoudn't be allowed to run an ICO (aka 100% premine).

I am interested in providing this service to the community. Are other people on board with this? Although I applaud their efforts, to me it seems cryptoasian and coinsource haven't done anything concrete to verify identities. Please let me know if this is something the community wants or if you think I'm wrong and where we can improve.

Thanks

YES do this Smiley Smiley

Make a website where we can click on coin and watch a short video with the developer. I think it would make it very difficult to scam. At least everyone would know their face as a scammer  Tongue

pm me if you ever do this, I will donate

Thank you. If there is enough interest I will be doing it for sure. The current POD/verification techniques are too easy to scam and unfortunately have the opposite effect that they wanted. Getting a POD/coin source verification gives credibility to the coin (even though they can so easily be scammed) so more people buy it. So of course a scammer exploits this opportunity. Problem is coin source and POD don't actually verify anything. I believe video verification would be a huge step forward.

+1 I support! Will donate too
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

A stupid question... why are people buying Equinox on Bittrex? Is it not pointless?

The same reason people are buying any alt-coin.  Developer or not, they are all pointless.

I wish I could disagree but it's harsh truth. People are blaming this & that but reality is all altcoins are pointless.

That just shows that you have no idea what is happening in Crypto. The altcoins are the hart and soul, here is where real development and inovation takes place....not in BTC

Lets go back few weeks..shall we?

So..it was beautiful Sunday afternoon and I was enjoying my coffee and I decided to log on to computer just to find out some bear whale decided to cash out 35K BTC. "Oh no" I said to myself and quickly signed on to coinmarketcap to check the market cap. I was very surprised to find out that every altcoin out there was bathing in red blood.

"How can it be possible?" "But dev told me his coin would replace BTC" "but...this was the best coin"

I don't care what altcoin you have in your pocket..it would crash the day another bear whale cash out his BTC..it's the harsh truth. Can it change in future? may be..but I'll believe it when I see it happen..right now it's all talk and no action because BTC is still no.1 and everyone is attached to it...they think they aren't but they're and truth comes out when BTC crashes like it did on that Sunday.

BTC is only a coin....It is the blockchain technology that drives it. That is the part that is the most interesting of it. The blockchain technology is what we are developing, a coin is just a part of it.

So yes, altcoins are the most interesting, because there is where the development takes place....not in Bitcoin

If altcoins are so developed...how come NONE of them is able to replace BTC?

Why is there a need to replace the mother of the altcoins....we are just in the baby years of crytpo. There will be an replacement for BTC, but there is so much more...

As I said before...it can happen in future but I'll believe it when I see it. So far altcoins have been failing miserably and it's nothing but P&D scheme to most people and then something like EQX comes and destroy it even further.

I agree...to many of these kind of scams the last few months.....bad for Crypto.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:49:01 PM

Cry Cry finally can't get my money back.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

There are contenders to Bitcoin which aren't $hitcoins.  Like NXT and BitsharesX are good contenders.  

The critical problem among these alternates is, much like Bitcoin, there isn't really anyone working on promotion or userbase expansion.  Capitalization should be secondary to userbase growth.

The issue here is Bitcoin is only used by 500K-2M users.  The people who are actually dying to use crypto currencies (aka volunteering to be paying beta testers which is what it honestly all is at this stage) is very limited.

Marketing and educating future consumers is prohibitively expensive.  Ethereum if I recall just spent a five figure amount to do a full page ad in some free Bitcoin magazine that was only given out to hundreds and probably less than 1% actually read the ad and was interested enough to look up Ethereum..  even then that's not a huge accomplishment as that's just poaching users from the Bitcoin userbase and not getting anybody new into the technology.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:01:25 PM

Dev what do you try to accomplish?

Still online here  Huh
EQUINOXdev (OP)

Activity: 154

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

Still online here  Huh
Make more money.

longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

i will hunt you down i swear to god. Just wait son.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:12:20 PM

Still online here  Huh
Make more money.

I knew you were a scammer the whole time. Tongue  I deserve a cookie.
EQUINOXdev (OP)

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:17:53 PM

Please be assured that neither I nor Quicksilver have anything to do with Equinox or it's criminal dev, as many in the community can attest. I won't be gracing this thread nor Equinox's criminal dev with any more of my attention following this post. For more information on Quicksilver, please check out our original ANN post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842240.msg9396774#msg9396774
AAHAHAHHAH FUCK OFF SCAMMER  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Reoelliott

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:24:36 PM

Stop looking for this man.. lukas macek dont even exist, you all got scammed by russian hacker who faked ids and hacked some guy facebook to steal those photos..
Wink
why is he talking in Czech? How could a russian dude get a czech cash voucher with his name and address with the same signature as signature from the ID card?

Here in Czech republic, Most people get meal vouchers, its part of work, i get a certain amount every month as well but make no mistake!!! The meal Vouchers never have your name and signature on! EVER!
EQUINOXdev (OP)

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:26:22 PM

Don't invest in ICO shit, idiots...

biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:29:26 PM

Stop looking for this man.. lukas macek dont even exist, you all got scammed by russian hacker who faked ids and hacked some guy facebook to steal those photos..
Wink
why is he talking in Czech? How could a russian dude get a czech cash voucher with his name and address with the same signature as signature from the ID card?

Here in Czech republic, Most people get meal vouchers, its part of work, i get a certain amount every month as well but make no mistake!!! The meal Vouchers never have your name and signature on! EVER!

Also the post quoted below says the personal identification number the dev gave must be fake because it's in the wrong format for a Czech identification number.

Hey Everyone, this Czech Site confirms it is FAKE.

http://kle.cz/ruzne/rodne-cislo.html

Birth control numbers
Personal identification number: 
Outcome
Number 7552990290 is NOT identification number.
The format of the personal identification number
AABBCC / XXXX
or
AABBCC / YYY
AA
The last two digits of the year of birth.
BB
Month of birth. In women, the larger 50th
CC
Day of birth.
XXXX
Resolution persons born on the same day.
YYY
Resolution persons born on the same day. Prior to the 1,953th
Ten-digit personal identification numbers are divisible by 11 without remainder.
EQUINOXdev (OP)

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:30:22 PM

Wink

Also the post quoted below says the personal identification number the dev gave must be fake because it's in the wrong format for a Czech identification number.

Birth control numbers
Outcome
AABBCC / XXXX
or
AABBCC / YYY
AA
BB
CC
Day of birth.
XXXX
YYY
Ten-digit personal identification numbers are divisible by 11 without remainder.
OHHHHH REALLLLYYYYYYY?HuhHuh  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Angry Wink

Reoelliott

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:34:29 PM

Wink

Birth control numbers
Outcome
AABBCC / XXXX
or
AABBCC / YYY
AA
BB
CC
Day of birth.
XXXX
YYY
OHHHHH REALLLLYYYYYYY?HuhHuh  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Angry Wink

Haha this guy is having so much fun with Everyone loooooool! wheres my popcorn. "mom says popcorn is healthy for bitcoin forums " ;-)
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

This guy has no respect for anyone in crypto. What an arrogant fck!

Someone find him

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

viacoin and arch coin were good ico's atm i like element coin.
EQUINOXdev (OP)

ICO DESTROYER NUMBER ONE

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

viacoin and arch coin were good ico's atm i like element coin.
Me too  Cool

ReserveToken

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:45:30 PM

HAHAHA best dev ever  Grin Cool Grin can i stay in contact with you? I like the way you're managing your projects.. pm?
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: