Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arch Network thread has MOVED  (Read 141897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (10 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

When the coin will launch? Right after the end of ipo?
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:47:46 AM

Although this is a moderated thread with rules. I'm going to leave all the nonsense and accusations up for future reference and lulz.
Every time someone calls ARCH a scam or asks questions already answered in the whitepaper I smile as I know ARCH is getting stronger.
This is working as intended, it's natural selection filtering out the noise.

I welcome the ones that took the time to read both whitepapers.

Next week I will release everything about the Whale and explain a few mechanics that bind all the dots together. I know a few already figured it out.
Cheers

I get that the businesses will be all affiliated and ping pong off each other. This is a good idea and has potential, at the moment it is mainly Coinry that looks semi'ish ready. The rest seem to be simple domain registrations with a logo. What time lines are you seeing on these (Some of them are ridiculously ambitious - the make your miner thing is not as easy as it sounds unless you are out sourcing it - takes huge R&D and funding)

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:36:51 AM

Btcarchitect every time someone asks you a question you avoid answering it instead you change the conversation pointing to white paper and saying we trolling. Don't you think it's reasonable for people who are investing to ask you questions.
I read your white paper, it doesn't give specifics, instead it talks in broad general terms but you talk like you already got it made.

I am a curious potential buyer please answer to me this question.

Is there any kind of legal guarantees that investors have other them your word?
Is there any legal protection for investors that as CEOs they will be sharing your profits?
If you were to not follow through with your promises could any legal action be taken against you?
If everything you do would be legal with this company why not use escrow to give people a feel of security.

Please answer these questions. As a potential investor I don't see anything wrong with me asking these questions and you answering them directly.

Direct answers to questions please.

Don't even engage this troll btcarchitect, just look at his last posts.
It was a scam earlier today but now he's an "investor" lol
Dude, if you don't like what is being done here please remove yourself from this thread.
Thank you darwin

There is nothing wrong with this guys questions.  He is not a troll, nor are they inappropriate.  His attitude maybe is a bit off, but they are valid questions.  I'll spell this out for you though.

Is there any kind of legal guarantees that investors have other them your word?  No.
Is there any legal protection for investors that as CEOs they will be sharing your profits?   No.
If you were to not follow through with your promises could any legal action be taken against you?   Maybe?  (Country dependent)
If everything you do would be legal with this company why not use escrow to give people a feel of security.   His call.  Invest or don't.

Are there any guarantees that "Xshitcoin" is going to the moon?  Nope.  But you still plug money into it. 

I put a fair amount of BTC into this because.

1.  I understand the vision.
2.  The vision is unique and interesting and can't be duplicated in a different shitcoin.
3.  BTCArch is a public figure and is risking his wealth and personal safety if he is scamming.
4.  He is an arrogant fuck that would rather die than tarnish his name (said only somewhat jokingly).

Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

What I would like to know is what kind of legal protection do we have now that you don't run off with btc or say they got stolen, or that you follow through, let's say things go well, what would make you honor your promises about CEO share percentage, profit sharing etc when you got no legal obligations  to honor anything and a lotof profit could be made by scamming.

Why should we trust your word, especially when a lot of money involved.

By reading this question you've posted. we can all assume that you are extremely new to the crypto-currency world. When it comes to crypto's, they are a totally unregulated commodity in every country on this planet. Bitcoin trading to fiat, is regulated in the USA as well as Canada and a few other countries, but that is it.

When buying/investing into any crypto-currency, there is no legal protection whatsoever that is going to help you should you get scammed of your BTC or any other crypto.

The developer of ARCH has pretty much totally exposed himself to the world exactly who he is and where he is unlike any other coin developer prior to this. He's even listed his company address and invited anyone to stop by and have a beer with him.

The best thing to do, is to read...reread...and then read again everything that is available about ARCH and the developer. Get a feel for what he and this coin are all about. Then, and only then, decide if you are going to invest any BTC into ARCH. As always, with any investment/gamble, only invest what you can honestly afford to lose.

When it's all said and done, I'm extremely confident that ARCH is going to be and exceptional investment and the people getting in on the ground floor will be the ones in the penthouse once ARCH takes off.
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:30:33 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 11:42:20 AM by DougB62

*Edited for content

"Gutter-speak" is a sign of intellectual impotence.

n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:37:34 AM

*Edited for content

"Gutter-speak" is a sign of intellectual impotence, and poor upbringing.

Linguistic pretentiousness is the catalyst to the deaths of languages.  Regardless of your feelings, all language must evolve (or devolve) or it ceases to become useful.

On top of that, inferring someone had a 'poor upbringing' is just as intellectually impotent and rude.
DougB62

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:42:32 AM

*Edited for content

"Gutter-speak" is a sign of intellectual impotence, and poor upbringing.

Linguistic pretentiousness is the catalyst to the deaths of languages.  Regardless of your feelings, all language must evolve (or devolve) or it ceases to become useful.

On top of that, inferring someone had a 'poor upbringing' is just as intellectually impotent and rude.

Merely pointing out that one can get one's idea across, without resorting to gratuitous vulgarity, does not seem all that pretentious to me.

However, you are right about the inference on upbringing. Therefore, it has been removed from my earlier post.
JJPasak

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:27:09 PM

Since all of the premine is going into crowdsale, how will you get your stake (I assume you want at least the CEO one) in your own coin BTCarchitect?
Pride-C-CEX

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:34:44 PM

Architect we can host ARCH at launch if you would like, simply PM me when the time draws nigh.

Crypto Trade at C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:02:32 PM

When Archcoin will be open to trade , if all people hold or put enough very high order on it this could be interresting to see the Architect of this coin buying this place to CEO at 1 btc / coin !
But its not going to happen because there is always weak hand that are going to sell at x2 (2k sat) doing a small quick profit ...
JJPasak

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:53:31 PM

When Archcoin will be open to trade , if all people hold or put enough very high order on it this could be interresting to see the Architect of this coin buying this place to CEO at 1 btc / coin !
But its not going to happen because there is always weak hand that are going to sell at x2 (2k sat) doing a small quick profit ...

Let's make them buy back at x4 price then  Grin
Coinacoin

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:40:22 AM

I can take slander but insults and false accusations will not be tolerated. Everyone that follows me knows my opinion on the misuse of words like "foundations" and "communities".

Now about ARCH.
Variable Network-Stake-Dependent Interest: 3% to 20% year
You might find it interesting if you apply this large difference between minimum interest and maximum interest to how the arch is structured. This was designed with a few intents:

- The interest/stake equation in not a logarithmic curve like for ex: Vericoin, but a linear one, this will work as a very sensible but precise indicator as to ARCH movements by stakeholders. While the ARCH SALES tab will notify shareholders of impending market buys, telling you when to place your high SELLs, the INTEREST rate variation will work as an indicator of impending dumps, telling you to place your low BUYs.

Other benefits come from how it will be possible to influence inflation directly according to the best interest of the shareholders. But this I will leave to discuss in the ARCH HQ.

Remember, after the 30th of September, everything posted in this thread or in any other social medium, regarding ARCH will be purely informative.

Predictable Volatility...ingenious bastard
JJPasak

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:33:58 AM

Do you want your coin to be mainly paired with BTC or USD?
BTCarchitect (OP)

Activity: 142

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:09:58 PM

Every time that guy reposts his trolling this thread gets bumped and someone invests in ARCH. Thank you
BTCarchitect (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Do you want your coin to be mainly paired with BTC or USD?

Both in different contexts. BTC will be the main pair on the normal exchanges and ARCHx.co, but ARCH/USD/EUR will soon be available on a specific exchange.
Rage19420

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:13:58 PM

Everyone asking "Why do I need my own coin?" or "Why would I make a shitcoin?" are asking the wrong questions.

Im wondering this myself. If everyone has their own coin, then where is the value derived? Right now there are coins on the market that are available at certain market prices. If there is over saturation as everyone has their own coin, then i would think the value is merely reduced to as "gimmick" or status symbol idk. 

I think what is needed is less coins at a higher marketable quality.

What am i missing?
mauriek

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:06:39 AM

Everyone asking "Why do I need my own coin?" or "Why would I make a shitcoin?" are asking the wrong questions.

Im wondering this myself. If everyone has their own coin, then where is the value derived? Right now there are coins on the market that are available at certain market prices. If there is over saturation as everyone has their own coin, then i would think the value is merely reduced to as "gimmick" or status symbol idk.  

What am i missing?

Yeah, for general audience, i can't think why would regular someone need their own coin? except for some small number individual with specific purposes. maybe i also missing something here?

I think it may be better to specialized, on how to design sustainable profit for stakeholder and customer, what other service can be develop to complete the design, what is lack with current available service and what our advantage over competitors and how to exploit that, how specifically to connect FIAT environment to ARCH.
BTCarchitect (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:44:07 PM

What am i missing?

@cuttlefish_btc gave some great answers regarding that
- thinking of blockchains as "money" will be the same problem as thinking of "mp3s" as "intellectual property"
- "Trading Every Coin" is gonna be like "Reading Every Webpage." Possible in 1993, but irrelevant metric of success

Coins are not just tradable "virtual money". The blockchain has endless potential and uses. But i'm sure no company outside crypto will hire a freelance dev to build them their own blockchain.
Rage19420

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

What am i missing?

@cuttlefish_btc gave some great answers regarding that
- thinking of blockchains as "money" will be the same problem as thinking of "mp3s" as "intellectual property"
- "Trading Every Coin" is gonna be like "Reading Every Webpage." Possible in 1993, but irrelevant metric of success

Coins are not just tradable "virtual money". The blockchain has endless potential and uses. But i'm sure no company outside crypto will hire a freelance dev to build them their own blockchain.

Ahh ok, I see.
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:18:19 PM

is there an escrow for this ipo?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: