Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Believe Bitcoin Will Replace Fiat?  (Read 16450 times)
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:49:59 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 04:02:50 PM by qwerty555

because they think it will save us from the great recession, dunno if this will come true but, bitcoin is doing well for now, it's a good safe-haven asset

Nothing will stop that disaster..they are only delaying the inevitable by printing because the prefer ...Not on My Watch.. so the problem gets bigger and is passed to the next set of people...until a total breakdown occurs as it nearly did in 2008 . It is likely that from the ashes of such an event cryptocurrency on a National scale will be introduced and supported..before that there is a 50/50 chance that there will be a gold backed CNY which will severely erode /destroy the $'s reserve currency status and that comes a step closer next month when the Shanghai gold exchange goes international and price fixing.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-20/china-becoming-global-gold-hub-and-gold-price-discovery-centre

http://www.zerohedge.com/search/apachesolr_search/gold%20china%20reserve%20status

If the USA knows this and fears it (of course they do!) a sudden monetary reform switching to a cryptopound /peso/mullah/dosh/thingy (not dollar as it is stigmatized) with accompanying super hype may save their @rse

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:51:57 PM

I think people believe this because they believe it will get us out of the mess our Country is in regarding the recession and problems with debt we have. It will be a long time and it may never happen that bitcoin will replace fiat and even if it did what is to say it definitely would get us out of our problems? It may help but to completely eliminate problems is something I can not see happening, at least not yet.
routecrypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

Bitcoin could recplace completely FIAT only if the devs will fix some issues like the slow transaction times.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:03:10 PM

Even if Bitcoin and altcoins match the volume of creditcards, we should be happy.

The volume will increase dramatically in the near future:
Bitcoin doesn't need to replace fiat, since paper money is going to collapse "smart people" will need a way to protect their wealth.
As long as digital currency has a modest % of global trade, then the volume of transactions will be huge.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

The process of replacement is proceeding at different rates for different denominations of currency.  But the trend is of more news stories, greater public awareness, more merchant acceptance, higher value, and less price volatility.  These trends will continue.  The toothpaste cannot be put back in the tube.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:10:26 PM

I have a hard time following the logic when people make a statement that Bitcoin will replace all fiat currency.  In my world view, they coexist and will continue to coexist.  I can see where some fiat currencies die and Bitcoin fills in the gap, but not on a global level.  Your thoughts?

Not the logical people believe what u r assuming as people's belief. Bitcoin will take over the online version of FIAT in near future, but uprooting it from its physical existence is a long game.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

As long as governments pay out and ask for payment in their own currencies then they won't be going anywhere.

Perhaps the situation will reverse and people will be grumbling about how hard it is to convert back to fiat when it's tax time.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:09:19 PM

Bitcoin won't replace Fiat but will be used for most of the transactions, we will have to wait several years before it will happen.

You think 1000-2000 years.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

There will still be some people who use fiat currencies.

Would you like me to mail you a letter with more thoughts on this?

Or you could read my editorial in the newspaper the next time you sit down and flip through the pages.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
RaheemRaj

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

Or you could read my editorial in the newspaper the next time you sit down and flip through the pages.

If Bitcoin ever did become mainstream do you really think fiat would still be used?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 09:37:19 PM

If Bitcoin ever did become mainstream do you really think fiat would still be used?

Just like my 75 year old mother likes to send letters once or twice a year...some people will enjoy using their dollars (though it will probably be hundreds of dollars) to buy things. They will eventually go the way of those that still paid for things in gold pieces until fiat replaced them.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:58:43 PM

I have a hard time following the logic when people make a statement that Bitcoin will replace all fiat currency. 

because not all people are dumb to understand that bank create money with credit = DEBT
well, it's not a problem if INFLATION could be freeze account in bank and house ...
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

I think the people who go around saying Bitcoin will replace all money, that it will end wars, collapse banks and governments, etc. are slowing the adoption of Bitcoin. 

good point : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY&feature=youtu.be
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:26:34 PM

Replacing Fiat is not a peace of cake. Bitcoin may become more preferred currency over fiat after few years but reaplacing fiat is not possible in even 100 years.

I don't know about that. 100 years is a very long time.  just think how long ago and primitive was 1914.

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:35:38 PM

I think the people who go around saying Bitcoin will replace all money, that it will end wars, collapse banks and governments, etc. are slowing the adoption of Bitcoin.  When people hear this stuff they often disregard Bitcoin as anything serious and it confuses people as to what Bitcoin actually is.  The worst are the people who have some political cause, claim Bitcoin is part of that cause, and try to imply that anyone who uses Bitcoin agrees with them and supports their cause.

This!  Smiley
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:58:17 PM

As long as governments pay out and ask for payment in their own currencies then they won't be going anywhere.

History proves otherwise.  Think Zimbabwe, Weimar, Argentina, etc...

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:01:57 PM

I think the people who go around saying Bitcoin will replace all money, that it will end wars, collapse banks and governments, etc. are slowing the adoption of Bitcoin. 

good point : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY&feature=youtu.be

Hey! Stop that! You're going to scare the sheeple!  Smiley

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:29:09 PM

It almost certainly will. Governments will always force it's citizens to pay taxes to help pay for things like roads, national infrastructure and national security. The government will be able to exert it's influence to both pay for these things in fiat and to collect tax revenues in fiat.

It would be possible for bitcoin to replace fiat in very small countries when the government does not have a lot of power (due to the economy is very small), but bitcoin will not be able to replace any major fiat currency.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:57:01 PM

no one knows for sure how bitcoin could replace fiat until we set up bitcoin island or city to see if the idea can turn into reality
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:14:53 AM

I think it is next to impossible for BTC to completely replace fiat, especially with how much resistance is put forth by the governments in control.

At best I think BTC will be the default alternative alongside fiat as a payment option
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: