Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Believe Bitcoin Will Replace Fiat?  (Read 16450 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:03:28 AM

Do the aliens have fiat money as well? Someone should launch a QR code beacon in space for bitcoin donations Cool
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spjuth

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:06:05 AM

Do the aliens have fiat money as well? Someone should launch a QR code beacon in space for bitcoin donations Cool

Yes! Let's send a private key with laser to the nearest solar system an see if it is claimed. Must be the best way to prove intelligent life in universe. Wink
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:57:44 AM

Bitcoin will not be allowed to replace fiat. Governments need to control their tax revenue.
It is for this reason that I think Bitcoin contributes to the avoidance of a cashless society.
Bitcoin doesn't have to replace anything. If it's better, then people should be able to choose.

BTC/ cryptos are nothing more than a false flag/hope with the end goal of ushering in the new world cashless order.

If they succeed, your only choice will be to OBEY lest they void your stash of crypto-fiat, and/or cut your power and /or internet connection.
Et tu Brute? Viva la Revolucion. Jimmy crack corn. Alahu Akbar.

http://youtu.be/wGpJbD9h-J0

http://vimeo.com/112641992

Song about crypto fiat currencies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPSaW30an0

.. fixed ! Roll Eyes

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:17:22 PM

I tend to think they are delusional, but then I look at this:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

and think those that are delusional and mentally insane are those that aren't investing their life savings on Bitcoin.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:23:17 PM

It's possible at some extent like for people who think they can live on Bitcoins by either getting their Salary in BTC or by selling things like tangible goods or some eatables and drinkable things for BTC, but all we need for the replacement of Fiat, is wide acceptance of BTC in order for that thing to take place, so I think that at least we should not think about it for at least 20-40 years ahead, as the development itself ain't complete yet since its been 6 years, and its a good thing though, but I think that now we should also concentrate on advertising and educating people about BTC for it to be accepted by everyone...

Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:09:08 PM

and think those that are delusional and mentally insane are those that aren't investing their life savings on Bitcoin.

There's a difference between thinking it will replace fiat and really wanting it to because it's obviously the better and fairer option. Most intelligent people can see the evils in the current banking and monetary system and bitcoin is a solution to that. Will it ever happen? Sadly probably not but we can hope.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:51:42 PM

Bitcoin won't replace fiat, it does have a potential,but it will never replace fiat, it's too limited/restricted for a country to use (besides laws etc.)

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Sickler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:40:17 PM

Bitcoin won't replace fiat, it does have a potential,but it will never replace fiat, it's too limited/restricted for a country to use (besides laws etc.)

It very well may be a contender in future years if it develops and our world becomes focused on technology instead of paperwork.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

It very well may be a contender in future years if it develops and our world becomes focused on technology instead of paperwork.

Poverty will always exist, this may work for 1st world countries with people that have access to electronic devices. In some 3rd world countries, some people can't even afford water. This is something that's going to last, this is where crypto currency has it's flaw.

thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

I think, it will always be there side by side with fiat, and will not replace it.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

I think, it will always be there side by side with fiat, and will not replace it.

Like how it is now or have it be accepted by more merchants/individuals worldwide?

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:36:36 PM

Well, I also don't believe that it will replace FIAT, at least not anytime soon. But I think it has some unique characteristics that may prove to be very useful and provide a certain niche of interests. Just like gold does. Bitcoin is a very interesting means of storing value independently of countries, banks, or political implications.

PaulPierce

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:15:49 AM

Lol what?? they dont need money.! they can just pick stuff up.! Y do u think they use bitcoins? Huh

chipmadness

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:09:05 AM

Bitcoin will not replace fiat, it will just be a new type of way to pay... Kind of like how checks were a new way to pay, credit cards, debit cards, paypal. (I know, Bitcoin is different from checks, credit cards, debit cards, etc.... You get the gist.)

We seriously need to stop believing Bitcoin will replace fiat.... The only way this is possible is if "New World Order" kicks in.... Will New World Order happen?

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 04:36:04 AM

Right on! Sometimes the facts and figures are just in front of us and we chose to ignore it. Either due to complacency or due to other reasons. Obviously, there are people who are status quo type and will always be fine with the way things are going.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:38:08 AM

Bitcoin replace fiat? I believe. However, if new technology come out and it is better than Bitcoin.. it could easily replace Bitcoin as world currency.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:47:33 AM

Bitcoin replace fiat? I believe. However, if new technology come out and it is better than Bitcoin.. it could easily replace Bitcoin as world currency.

Get back to reality! Bitcoin has not yet become the world currency.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:10:02 AM

Get back to reality! Bitcoin has not yet become the world currency.

Bitcoin doesn't need to become the world currency for everyone owning bitcoins now to enjoy a huge profit. Bitcoin is useful and efficient and should become use more and more.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:48:52 AM

Technology won't help serve as a world currency. It would have to be accepted along side fiat. It's not going work as of my previous point - poverty.

CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:01:12 AM

of course this is possible but have we more power than the banks?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: