Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitsharesX is taking Litecoin and Bitcoin down  (Read 14008 times)
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:02:56 AM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.   Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 Chinese dump.  Inb4 butt hurt.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets
Were you saying that when Chinese volume pushed Bitcoin to $1000?

Also Bitshares is dump resistant. When you dump in Bitshares it's called dumping into BitUSD. BitUSD will actually pay interest to encourage people to dump into it rather than fiat. That means it's very unlikely there will be much dumping once people figure out how Bitshares is supposed to be used.

Early dumping might take place if people don't believe in the technology or if they don't understand how to use it. If this happens then there will be plenty of demand to buy those shares up (trust me on this). There are plans to create that demand which you will see in the coming weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GaltReport

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:04:24 AM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.  No wait 98% today, my bad.  Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 butt hurt.

Quit trolling and provide some actual facts besides your clearly biased opinions.  BTer, BTC38, and just recently added Poloniex are the only exchanges with BTSX at the moment.  Also, think about the BitUSD market feature that was just added today.  If you feel the price of BTSX will crash you can simply trade for BitUSD WITHIN the client itself which is pegged to the dollar.  No more will you have to trust your shares on an exchange, this is a significant step forward decentralized trading.

Rather its BTSX, Nxt, or the next 2.0 tech at least the boundaries are being pushed.  Succeed or fail it's nice to see people stand up and push the btc ideology.

Grin

so true

Agree 100%
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

So what are you guys doing? Are you going to continue holding Litecoins and Bitcoins or are you going
with the newer more innovative technologies?

Bitcoin -- holding
Litecoin -- not holding
Innovation i.e. BTSX -- bullish

Tell me whether or not you would hold actual Bitcoins if you could hold BitBTC which pays you 5% interest to hold it?
At that point it would be profitable to sell all your Bitcoins for BitBTC.

Do I expect Bitcoin loyalists to do the rational thing? No I don't. Do I expect people who don't understand Bitshares to understand why BitBTC is better than regular BTC? No I do not. I also don't expect most people to understand why BitUSD is better than USD.

But it is a fact that certain technologies are better. Bitshares is better than Bitcoin and you can look at the source code to see why if you're inclined.

Also Bitshares is still under priced. It's going to surpass Litecoin and be over 10 cents in a matter of hours to days. From there eventually there will be the launch of BitLTC and BitBTC with interest. Finally there is a project I'm promoting and backing called Minebiteshares.

Bitshares will be mineable and that will shock the mining community. Be prepared for surprises if you're a long term holder.

GaltReport

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:10:30 AM

Lol 99% volume from China, no thanks.   Inb4 Chinese Government Ban.  Inb4 Chinese dump.  Inb4 butt hurt.

Were you saying that when Chinese volume pushed Bitcoin to $1000?

Also Bitshares is dump resistant. When you dump in Bitshares it's called dumping into BitUSD. BitUSD will actually pay interest to encourage people to dump into it rather than fiat. That means it's very unlikely there will be much dumping once people figure out how Bitshares is supposed to be used.

Early dumping might take place if people don't believe in the technology or if they don't understand how to use it. If this happens then there will be plenty of demand to buy those shares up (trust me on this). There are plans to create that demand which you will see in the coming weeks.

Key point in bold.  One of the main reasons you can still get in now.  I've been following BTSX development for months and only NOW do i see how it can be used and am going all in (with a little BitUSD for safety).
tonyk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:17:35 AM

I encourage everybody to dump massively now. After all a lot of my friend are not fully invested yet...Good to see you all here guys.

mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:32:57 AM

There was a contest to predict the day btsx would surpass litecoin in market cap.    The prediction i made was this sunday however it looks like it is poised to blow past litecoin a lot sooner than that!   

tonyk

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:37:25 AM

There was a contest to predict the day btsx would surpass litecoin in market cap.    The prediction i made was this sunday however it looks like it is poised to blow past litecoin a lot sooner than that!   

Mine was about 2h ago!  Smiley

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

hey tonyk!
ripple got desperate and they just released another 20 billion XRP to leap frog to #3.
magically the price of XRP didnt go down

why is bitshares PTS so much lower than btsx? I thought PTS was the source of all this?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:50:11 AM

hey tonyk!
ripple got desperate and they just released another 20 billion XRP to leap frog to #3.

why is bitshares PTS so much lower than btsx? I thought PTS was the source of all this?

James

Price of PTS will be higher before next snapshot.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:52:18 AM

hey tonyk!

James

but why is PTS 5% of btsx? Is there some direct financial linkage between them?
I am interested in the analysis of the proper ratio between the two

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:53:49 AM

BTC and LTC cannot die for at least next few years and will stay on top

tonyk

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:20:09 AM

There was a contest to predict the day btsx would surpass litecoin in market cap.    The prediction i made was this sunday however it looks like it is poised to blow past litecoin a lot sooner than that!  

Mine was about 2h ago!  Smiley
hey tonyk!

James

Not one I can think off, at this point in time.

btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:44:19 AM

lol joke thread

It's not a joke. It's also not an accident that Bitshares has over $100 million dollar market cap.
People who know how Bitshares works and what it is will never need Bitcoin again. BitUSD is better as a currency than Bitcoin could ever be. Volatility is dramatically minimized, no reason to cash out into USD anymore so there is no reason to dump, and it pays interest.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I, for one, think the price of BTC will be going down. I mean just look at the downward trend since the beginning of June. Yes, I believe the price of BTC will eventually recover but not until it suffers a significant downturn.

Enter BitUSD. Now I don't have to cash out my BTC into my checking account. Instead I can invest in BitUSD!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 03:57:41 AM

There was a contest to predict the day btsx would surpass litecoin in market cap.    The prediction i made was this sunday however it looks like it is poised to blow past litecoin a lot sooner than that!  

Mine was about 2h ago!  Smiley
hey tonyk!

James

Not one I can think off, at this point in time.
too bad, I would have bought 1% of it if there was

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:00:47 AM

When did Ripple retain a $100+ million capitalization?  I thought it was hovering around 40 for awhile.   Did they perform some stimulus / bail out of their own?   Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:02:45 AM

When did Ripple retain a $100+ million capitalization?  I thought it was hovering around 40 for awhile.   Did they perform some stimulus / bail out of their own?   Huh

Yeah kinda, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757131.msg8534946#msg8534946
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:11:12 AM

So im not knocking this "coin" (or whatever it is called. Assets maybe? I havent researched it yet), but im really curious.

Available Supply   1,999,992,536

Are all these coins in circulation right now? Nearly 2 billion are on the open market...right now in this instance in time?

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
lucas2047

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:18:30 AM

I'm having trouble registering my account (and thus being able to buy any BTSX). Please may someone send 1 to: BTSX5rbbxgCW4RvuGhM6H6KZAT483kjRLtbvHV8D4T4pway5bSxa2Y

Thank you in advance
tonyk

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:56:29 AM

I'm having trouble registering my account (and thus being able to buy any BTSX). Please may someone send 1 to: BTSX5rbbxgCW4RvuGhM6H6KZAT483kjRLtbvHV8D4T4pway5bSxa2Y

Thank you in advance

Post it here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6439

Actually, I just sent you some....

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 05:06:47 AM

BS^x is dead.  Preston just killed it in that article.   Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████