Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:55:36 AM

imo the biggest issue this coin has is marketing. Read from bytecent:
Lack of marketing and PR has become the leading cause of legitimate projects to fail. Little to no focus is spent on attracting new users outside of the crypto community, and virtually no effort is made to educate consumers on the numerous benefits of cryptocurrencies. There are over 7.1 billion people living on the planet, and less than 2 million people actively use cryptocurrencies.

The Bytecent project will revolutionize the way cryptocurrencies are marketed and promoted while changing the general perception that cryptocurrencies are "nerd money."  We will make use of both old and new media to educate consumers on why Bytecent is a better option to traditional payment methods.

Press Releases

Press releases will be a vital tool in disseminating frequent information about the Bytecent project.  The press releases will focus on specific content to assist contributors, consumers, and other target groups in learning more about what Bytecent has to offer. At least two press releases will be issued each month to maintain our relevancy in the market.

Print Advertising

Print advertising is still one of the most effective ways to get information out about a product or service, and we plan to use print advertising to our advantage. Placing ads in technology and financial related magazines will allow us to educated new users while appealing to users already familiar with cryptocurrencies. The use of QR codes along with other interactive features in print advertisements will open up new channels and help bridge the gap between our offline and online presence.

Radio Advertising

Radio advertising has significant advantages over TV ad spots. Radio ads are typically cheaper than TV advertising, and Radio ads can be targeted to a narrow audience and reach people within that audience wherever they go.

Radio advertising will provide us with the opportunity to introduce Bytecent to millions of people while keeping our advertising costs down.

Webinars & Offline Workshops

The biggest hurdle with any cryptocurrency is educating consumers and merchants on the benefits of using a cryptocurrency. Advertising alone will not be enough to change the way people have been buying goods and services for decades.

We will conduct monthly webinars and offline workshops to teach consumers about Bytecent and why it is a better option compared to fiat and credit cards. We will also spotlight all the advantages of accepting Bytecent as a merchant.

Sounds all good. Sadly, radio/print advertising at this point is just a waste of money. Maybe you havent noticed, but right now we could be happy if money wasnt leaving cryptoworld in masses. Total volume on the exchanges is probably around max. 20% of the levels it was just 6 months ago. Bitcoin is struggling to attract new money right now and compared to bitcoin basically every alt is a joke more or less. We have press about bitcoin basically every day somewhere (even tv), so where is all the new money?

If you seriously want to attract new money via advertising you first need:

a working, secure, usefull, easy to use product. The product is technically working, though it is not easy to use, graphic UI is missing. The product is not secure at all as I have to buy it at half-scammy altcoin exchanges (mintpal yay). Plus I have to buy bitcoin first and hasnt houbi just "lost" 3700BTC again, mtgox is how long ago? Altcoins, even Bitcoins arent very usefull right now, I could probably use cryptos for less than 1% of my total spending. In fact, I dont use them at all.

Lets be honest: Right now the biggest part of the community buys altcoins for purely speculative reasons. Have you actually used altcoins (a significant amount)? And as an "investment" altcoins are pretty much as risky as it gets and absolutely not made for masses.

IE told you guys a nice story, but it will turn out that it is not working. Come back in two years or so, then might be the right time for that stuff, but BYC will be dead by then, like most alts.

The only thing I like are the offline workshops. In fact I am thinking about setting up a workshop at the nearby university, but not to promote a special coin. Speaking of IE I would actually be surprised if there will be more than one workshop before BYC dies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7V3RD

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:29:01 AM

Or perhaps they would consider collaborating on it together and splitting the bounty. I'll throw in 25k SYS minimum, whether they race or tag-team it.

Again, they need a working product that end users will not have to read a page of instructions to enter text into the console to put an item up, as previously explained that much is trivial on the programming side of it, they should be at the part of beefing up security of that aspect by now and building websites around it is a moot point without the GUI in the wallet.  This is a prerequisite to people buying into it, without that, it is not ready for market as it is not a viable product.

I think tonight I'm gonna write a win32 app that talks to the wallet so there's an answer for this marketplace that people can use without console commands. Better stock up on coffee!

LoL - I had the same thought last night. I was going to write it in C# or something and open source it.

I'll race you! I still need to install VS though, so hopefully I can start tonight.

I got 100,00 SYS on it for the winner if you guys do race Smiley

ill add 50,000 to this ever increasing bounty

Put me down for another 50k sys to the winner

This is now 200k SYS for the coder who gets a usable UI for the marketplace via a desktop application.

I would like to add another 100k SYS to this bounty.

This now actually puts it up to 325k SYS, and there doesn't seem to be any arguments with splitting reward for team effort.
j4ce1

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:13:27 AM

This now actually puts it up to 325k SYS, and there doesn't seem to be any arguments with splitting reward for team effort.

Hmm. I ended up getting the WoW expansion which totally sucked me in this weekend Sad

If sphericon gets something working it should all go to him Smiley

Sphericon, need any help?
systim

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:17:57 AM

can we ask some devs to work for free for us?
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:23:05 AM

Can someone change the OP as it still says a lot about moolah and partnerships with them, I don't think it reflects what has happened and new people might take it the wrong way
1echo

Activity: 280

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:03:01 AM

below 100 sato i feel we will go to 1 sato soon heh

subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:09:43 AM

are there any new ideas or plans coming in the near term for this coin? i have read through and like some of the plans but still see the price going down unless something turns investors heads.

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:19:02 AM

are there any new ideas or plans coming in the near term for this coin? i have read through and like some of the plans but still see the price going down unless something turns investors heads.

Yes! Be prepared to be placated, not an any normal fashion but this is special, and it's just for you!  You will be told what they feel you need to know and only that, if you ask sensitive questions upon the forum you will be deleted. Thus is a lather rinse repeat ordeal special for the ALT COIN subforum.  Be prepared to FEEL what the extension of our current paper money Ponzi scheme hosted by our prick/criminal bankers just is, and just how far reaching it can be!  This is the money game!  You get no lube, and only forceful entry here!

"Let me guess, you didn't listen when they said life wasn't fair?"  There are scammers out there, they manage "your" money, and behind every corner, everything bites here, it's worse than Vegas, it's the US banking industry in their spare time with no regulation.  They wouldn't put out a game if they didn't own it.  Just a fact.
SmokeJoe

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:59:57 AM

Sorry to write that but it seems like the devs are putting all their efforts into getting their BTC from Moolah. For many months there were only promises and not much of a development. This coin became a joke now. Honestly, I feel safer with the presale BTC with Moolah because that would be the only reason for the devs to keep working (or should I say start working?) on the coin. If/when they get their money back from Moolah they might just take the money and disappear. There are so many coins that accomplished more without any funding and Syscoin had plenty of BTC given to them and yet nothing happens. Investors, understand that you are safer now, when Moolah has the devs in a checkmate, than you would be if they were actually be given the money. Devs, you might be ignoring comments like that or you might be deleting them, but please undersand that if you won't do anything in the next few DAYS this coin is over.
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:50:18 AM

Sorry to write that but it seems like the devs are putting all their efforts into getting their BTC from Moolah. For many months there were only promises and not much of a development. This coin became a joke now. Honestly, I feel safer with the presale BTC with Moolah because that would be the only reason for the devs to keep working (or should I say start working?) on the coin. If/when they get their money back from Moolah they might just take the money and disappear. There are so many coins that accomplished more without any funding and Syscoin had plenty of BTC given to them and yet nothing happens. Investors, understand that you are safer now, when Moolah has the devs in a checkmate, than you would be if they were actually be given the money. Devs, you might be ignoring comments like that or you might be deleting them, but please undersand that if you won't do anything in the next few DAYS this coin is over.

Up until now your posts were reasonable. Syscoins marketcap is now around 140.000 USD. The 750BTC from Moolah are worth roughly 300.000USD. Sorry,how can you fail to see the importance of that. And that we are safer with moolah having the devs in "checkmate" is simply ridiculous. In case you are living under a rock: Moolah was run buy a thief who stole around 4000+BTC, some of those are mine. Those coins are probably now sitting in RK's private wallets or are exchanged in GBP. But we should be feeling safer now, Jesus.

if the devs feel like deleting his nonsesnse, fell free to delete my reply.

being unhappy with the development is one thing, and you have expressed that a couple of times already (so have I) but this is total bs.
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:02:02 PM

Where does syscoin fit in with all the stuff in the pipeline right now like open bazaar, ethereum, medici etc..? It seems like all the functionality that sys will offer is being done by other projects. What will be unique to sys that no one else will have?

Unfortunately it does appear that reclaiming the BTC in the Moolah situation is a focus above all else, so as far as putting ideas to code being a contender  in new concepts it is any ones guess.  But putting a benchmark on the most recent wallet release, the smart money isn't on SYS.  Thus is why I am not entirely happy.  It does look a lot like their target market is 100 SATs.

I see this also as a problem, think Sys should gain more momentum, because there are a lot of other projects in the pipeline, there is a possibility to get copied (and dumped by whales which are invested in other projects) and so on. Hope the legal issues will work out well, also i thought about donating to the Sys legal funds or to set some buy orders, i decided to set some buy orders first and will donate to the fund if the Sys price goes up again.
Win win or loss loss we will see.
About the discussion about a SysCoin Forum, think it is a good idea, there you can better organize, doing giveaways to attract more users to the new forum, also it looks professional, but it is important to
be present in bitcointalk, because here you will get the main attention of new users (maybe reddit also, don't know because i don't use it). Also it could helpful for the Syscoin network to engage more pools to merge-mine SysCoin with more different scrypt coins (but think just happens when Syscoin is getting more attention in the cryptosphere).

And as some others mentioned, yes cryptoworld is fast, sometimes too fast and a scammy environment, don't like to say it, but i have the fear, when the legal issues are solved (can take months or longer) it could be too late for SysCoin (in some weeks there could be other projects with more momentum and when a hype is established, noone cares from where the code is stolen a.e., if it is stolen).

Time will tell, hope it all will work out well.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:14:33 PM

EOBOT removed first SYS coin from the mining list, and than they returned it with apologize?
SmokeJoe

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:12:24 PM

Sorry but we are witnessing one of the most epic failures in crypto. And the devs are hoping that they can pick up on that anytime later. Don't they get it that if they won't act NOW it will be too late? This really sucks. Do you really think that if a coin goes sub 20 satoshi it can really grow twentyfold to get back to the ICO price? Syscoin should be lesson for all the devs in crypto how to fuck up good coin.
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 01:29:54 PM

Or perhaps they would consider collaborating on it together and splitting the bounty. I'll throw in 25k SYS minimum, whether they race or tag-team it.

Again, they need a working product that end users will not have to read a page of instructions to enter text into the console to put an item up, as previously explained that much is trivial on the programming side of it, they should be at the part of beefing up security of that aspect by now and building websites around it is a moot point without the GUI in the wallet.  This is a prerequisite to people buying into it, without that, it is not ready for market as it is not a viable product.

I think tonight I'm gonna write a win32 app that talks to the wallet so there's an answer for this marketplace that people can use without console commands. Better stock up on coffee!

LoL - I had the same thought last night. I was going to write it in C# or something and open source it.

I'll race you! I still need to install VS though, so hopefully I can start tonight.

I got 100,00 SYS on it for the winner if you guys do race Smiley

ill add 50,000 to this ever increasing bounty

Put me down for another 50k sys to the winner

This is now 200k SYS for the coder who gets a usable UI for the marketplace via a desktop application.

Got another pledge on reddit, up to 334,500 SYS for the dev who gets a desktop application going for the syscoin marketplace.

And no, i dont mind either if its a team effort and split Smiley

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

Sorry but we are witnessing one of the most epic failures in crypto. And the devs are hoping that they can pick up on that anytime later. Don't they get it that if they won't act NOW it will be too late? This really sucks. Do you really think that if a coin goes sub 20 satoshi it can really grow twentyfold to get back to the ICO price? Syscoin should be lesson for all the devs in crypto how to fuck up good coin.

Look, the dev's priorities have already been decided, nothing we can do. Instead of bitching about the current state of sys, why not contribute to it moving forward. We're obviously working up a pretty nice bounty to get a decentralized app for the decentralized marketplace. You could contribute here by pledging or coding, or you could get creative in other ways.

Its pretty clear the devs arent taking much action (dev wise) until they get their funds. We want action sooner? Then its on us. I cried once, nothing to show for it, i started the bounty for the app, its over triple the size i started it at. See the difference?

SmokeJoe

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:45:14 PM

Look, the dev's priorities have already been decided, nothing we can do. Instead of bitching about the current state of sys, why not contribute to it moving forward. We're obviously working up a pretty nice bounty to get a decentralized app for the decentralized marketplace. You could contribute here by pledging or coding, or you could get creative in other ways.

Its pretty clear the devs arent taking much action (dev wise) until they get their funds. We want action sooner? Then its on us. I cried once, nothing to show for it, i started the bounty for the app, its over triple the size i started it at. See the difference?

Yeah, this is definitely good idea but it also shows the Main problem of this coin - community needs to take action for the devs because they refuse to work until they get their BTC back.
kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:14:03 PM

Yeah, this is definitely good idea but it also shows the Main problem of this coin - community needs to take action for the devs because they refuse to work until they get their BTC back.

I don't see them as refusing, as much as I see them as overwhelmed and feeling convinced that there isn't time for dev right now (some are developing still but are very limited to their available hours).

kamronk

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:20:54 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 03:54:06 PM by kamronk

Made /r/bitcoin & /r/syscoin posts about the growing bounty:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mkbpu/bounty_for_decentralized_marketplace_asap/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/2mivgx/325000_sys_bounty_for_the_first_desktop/

Up to 434,500 SYS!

Donation address:
Sbm3YdBr6KrEWfCFrNvqLYKHE6Wh8RqQgb

(address will be populated with SYS asap from all contributors, please send your pledge if you have not done so yet)

mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:37:11 PM

Please read the information already out there. We have been working on the Block Market we posted this some 5 days ago via the block along with other items which are on our agenda. http://syscoin.org/syscoin-0-1-5-production-release-product-development-galore-and-more/

To save linking to the above, i'll paste the information here so it can be quoted and more spread within the thread:

Syscoin 0.1.5 RC4 – Officially promoted to production release. Syscoin 0.1.5 is now our official wallet, it has been updated on the website and everywhere else. You can get the latest version here. It officially includes Alias interfaces although we are still working on documentation for everything. Please remember it takes 120 blocks from when you “purchase” an alias for the activation of that alias to the “confirmed” – this is normal. This release removes any lingering dependencies on any Moolah infrastructure and also fixes a number of bugs and performance issues.

Blockmarket – A wide variety of DNM (Dark Net Markets) were taken down recently. Some of these markets were selling illegal goods and merited takedown but others were just selling items that certain powerful entities didn’t agree with… Syscoin’s decentralized marketplace technology enables fully decentralized marketplaces. This is already working at a console level and Blockmarket is the team’s official initiative to put a user-friendly front end on the service. Expect a working beta within the month.

SysPricePeg – A utility that allows you to list Syscoin Marketplace offers in any currency of your choice (crypto OR fiat) and then will automatically convert the value to the equivalent amount of SYS at time of sale. This will allow you to list items on the Syscoin Marketplace for $5USD if you so choose, and then as various exchange rates fluctuate you can be assured your sale will always result in $5USD of SYS at the time of sale. Expect this tool to be released with the month as well and it is highly configurable.

SYYK – A proof-of-concept app created by JohnDorien from the team exploring using the Syscoin data services to store/send/manage messages on the blockchain. This is currently in proof-of-concept phase but if users find this valuable we will add an official “social” service to Syscoin that enables this type of functionality via its own dedicated (and more affordable) service. Take a moment to play with the proof of concept and provide us some feedback!

First User-Created Marketplace Website – A crafty developer rolled up their sleeves and dug into the Syscoin API and created their OWN marketplace front end on top of the Syscoin Marketplace service. This is still in alpha and @Sphericon is looking for feedback on it and ways he can improve it so check it out or help with the code – http://syscoin.org/board/discussion/85/syscoin-market-hosted-take-a-look.
New Wallet (0.1.6) – We’ve started working on our new wallet, which is being recreated from scratch from the ground up! It will have many features that people were looking for in the initial wallet. We’ve heard your requests!

Roadmap Update – We know the current roadmap is out-of-date and has been since the Moolah litigation started. We will be updated the roadmap later tonight so everyone has a clear picture of the path forward. Apologies for the delay on updating this.
Doxbin Data – Doxbin was a darknet site that stored personal information on a number of individuals who’d rather not be exposed. It was recently taken down (then brought back up!). Doxbin houses a wealth of sensitive data in a centralized manner and if lost, could be lost for good. We are interested in reaching out to Doxbin about possibly storing their data using the Syscoin Data service, encrypting their entire datastore and storing it on the Syscoin Blockchain so it could never be taken down, never be deleted or lost.

We know the legal stuff is a kick in the face, but we wont be stopped by it. Pushed back a little, yes fair enough - who wouldn't be? Development has not stopped, i assure you that. There are people thinking we are simply waiting for the funds to come back to us before we continue work on Syscoin, that would be a piss take if we did that not only to ourselves but also to the investors and the community,

The Syscoin Community has only become stronger than ever due to all the legal stuff in the past couple of months and you guys really are doing a sterling job of banding together, I promote the work to create a community based markerplace that's what Syscoin is all about, get pushing with your own projects we'll throw Syscoin into the bounty too! I'll head over to Reddit some point today to add a contribution to it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:42:26 PM

I don't see them as refusing, as much as I see them as overwhelmed and feeling convinced that there isn't time for dev right now (some are developing still but are very limited to their available hours).

There is a lot of development ongoing that is just not been commented on public. Yes, that may not have been the best decision in terms of PR as it turns out, and we see we needed to re-structure ourselves and set a new focus.

We decided to focus on the new wallet UI now, to get all the functionality SYS already offers out of the console right into the user's face so to say. It will support all basic functionality of SYS, and we plan to have it released within less than 4 weeks.

All the other items as stated (again) by mwheeleruk are not stopped, we just set highest prio on wallet now.

On the general development time, 2 members of our team were dedicated fulltime to SYS, and are now struggling financing their lives as the funds are not released by moolah. Simple it is, these two needed to get other jobs to pay the bills, so they have less time for coding (understandable, right?). We do have private repo's that work is happening on, and also on the different branches of syscoin (take a look, you can checkout some functionality in buggy alpha state already, e.g. assets).

It is ALWAYS great for a coin if community picks it up and builds services around it. I said already, but perfect example is Bitcoin itself: How many of the available services with BTC are built by the btc foundation / dev team?
Sphericon does a great job with his market, SYYK was an example of mine on what is possible with syscoin tech.
Be creative, and if you cannot code but have ideas on what you want to create, feel free to pm me, I can help coding and/or connect with other dev's (of the community).

Danosphere will update the roadmap later tonight / latest tomorrow to reflect the new focus and new dates for releases.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: