Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582893 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
j4ce1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:14:27 PM

The line between risk and stupidity runs very thin.  Without investor confidence the coin will not have value.  No value, no market, no trade.

Again, this is only true in the short term. Bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin etc their value is only determined by the demand to purchase the coin by end users. Either to hold the coin or use it to purchase goods / gamble / tip etc.

Syscoin will create innate value as the businesses who leverage sys technology *require syscoin to pay for the services they use*. There will always therefore be a scaling demand - as new businesses come on board, demand for sys will increase. For the business, this is part of their infrastructure operating costs.

The businesses pay their operating costs in syscoin, the syscoin is regenerated as fees to miners, who sell it back to the businesses and in turn make back their own ROI on their mining hardware.

Meanwhile, those true investors who have kept a hold of millions of sys, get to take part in the supply chain. As long as we don't flood the market, the value of our portfolio can only increase as demand increases from new business coming online (selling off a little at a time to make our own income/ROI).

(As an aside, eventually, the price of the services themselves (in sys) will go down to balance out the increasing demand and subsequent coin value, so that the business's infrastructure costs don't continue to increase as the price of the coin goes up - so the businesses are protected)

Syscoin isn't marketed to investors and users. It is marketed to businesses (new and existing). Investors with the balls to "baghold" get to come along for the ride Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minecoinseveryday

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:15:48 PM

Yes, that is a sign, GUI level programming is not within the core programming of the wallet and in fact not a difficult task and at most may require a couple more VAR entries to core programming of wallet.  Console is announced as working and usable.  Why isn't the GUI?

The marketplace GUI is required to be inside the wallet because the marketplace is decentralized.

If you want a centralized marketplace that reads the blockchain @sphericon already put a beta version link in here earlier.
WORE

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:18:24 PM

The line between risk and stupidity runs very thin.  Without investor confidence the coin will not have value.  No value, no market, no trade.

Real investor always stay in the stupidity shadow for many of their investing decision, trader believe value and profit come from market and trade,that's why they have stop-loss point, and that's what make it different from investor, that believe value come from innovation and profit follow behind that.

An investor that ignores the facts is not an investor for very long.  The cart cannot be put before the horse.  Innovation is a quality promised by the dev's of this coin, so far only promised, as such the value on the exchanges has fallen as a result in loss of investor confidence creating a surplus that directly relates to the coin's value it is traded at.  Ignorance has no stop loss points.

Bigger question is why are you here? If your not an investor at this point, might wanna just cut your loses and move on to next ICO pump and dump. I'm being serious. Most of us here now invested in syscoin cause of the innovation, which will follow in time with much higher profits than a pump and dump.

If that a bad trader and got stuck holding syscoin, then maybe trading is not your thing, might wanna try something else.

I am here because I hold SYS, and I am upset with the level of progress exhibited by the dev's.  I do believe this coin can grow, but have doubts about the intentions of the dev's at this point, and the price that SYS is traded at present, I am not alone in that.
WORE

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

Again, this is only true in the short term. Bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin etc their value is only determined by the demand to purchase the coin by end users. Either to hold the coin or use it to purchase goods / gamble / tip etc.

Syscoin will create innate value as the businesses who leverage sys technology *require syscoin to pay for the services they use*. There will always therefore be a scaling demand - as new businesses come on board, demand for sys will increase. For the business, this is part of their infrastructure operating costs.

The businesses pay their operating costs in syscoin, the syscoin is regenerated as fees to miners, who sell it back to the businesses and in turn make back their own ROI on their mining hardware.

Meanwhile, those true investors who have kept a hold of millions of sys, get to take part in the supply chain. As long as we don't flood the market, the value of our portfolio can only increase as demand increases from new business coming online (selling off a little at a time to make our own income/ROI).

(As an aside, eventually, the price of the services themselves (in sys) will go down to balance out the increasing demand and subsequent coin value, so that the business's infrastructure costs don't continue to increase as the price of the coin goes up - so the businesses are protected)

Syscoin isn't marketed to investors and users. It is marketed to businesses (new and existing). Investors with the balls to "baghold" get to come along for the ride Smiley

Again, they need a working product that end users will not have to read a page of instructions to enter text into the console to put an item up, as previously explained that much is trivial on the programming side of it, they should be at the part of beefing up security of that aspect by now and building websites around it is a moot point without the GUI in the wallet.  This is a prerequisite to people buying into it, without that, it is not ready for market as it is not a viable product.
j4ce1

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:12:16 PM

Again, they need a working product that end users will not have to read a page of instructions to enter text into the console to put an item up, as previously explained that much is trivial on the programming side of it, they should be at the part of beefing up security of that aspect by now and building websites around it is a moot point without the GUI in the wallet.  This is a prerequisite to people buying into it, without that, it is not ready for market as it is not a viable product.

I don't disagree with your point about a wallet UI. It's definitely needed to properly maintain the decentralized nature of the marketplace.

All I wanted to clarify is that "investor confidence" is not the only thing (or even the main thing) that will drive value in Syscoin. Short term, the market cap is based on investors buying the coin off exchanges, this is true. Long term, the volume that people are buying coin off exchanges should be dwarfed by businesses using syscoin for infrastructure and miners earning regenerated fees.

A wallet UI is important for PR for the marketplace, or to demonstrate how it works, but again - if they are marketing to businesses, those businesses would build their own UI anyways (hence the website POCs).
WORE

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:37:10 PM

I don't disagree with your point about a wallet UI. It's definitely needed to properly maintain the decentralized nature of the marketplace.

All I wanted to clarify is that "investor confidence" is not the only thing (or even the main thing) that will drive value in Syscoin. Short term, the market cap is based on investors buying the coin off exchanges, this is true. Long term, the volume that people are buying coin off exchanges should be dwarfed by businesses using syscoin for infrastructure and miners earning regenerated fees.

A wallet UI is important for PR for the marketplace, or to demonstrate how it works, but again - if they are marketing to businesses, those businesses would build their own UI anyways (hence the website POCs).

It just looks to me like they are saying, "Thanks for investor money but we are off berry picking at the moment, please be patient, we'll get back to doing the finish work on the wallet, 'we promise'."  And now investors are running for the door holding their back side.  Knowing sh!t runs downhill, where does that put anyone that buys into it now?
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:37:18 PM

I think tonight I'm gonna write a win32 app that talks to the wallet so there's an answer for this marketplace that people can use without console commands. Better stock up on coffee!

j4ce1

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:39:13 PM

I think tonight I'm gonna write a win32 app that talks to the wallet so there's an answer for this marketplace that people can use without console commands. Better stock up on coffee!

LoL - I had the same thought last night. I was going to write it in C# or something and open source it.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:50:53 PM

Wow, two pages from last night of just BS.

Look, developers keep telling us, over and over they are sticking this through, they are going after Ryan and getting BTC back, but also still working on coin.

If you guys cannot see the importance of going after Ryan then i don't know what to say, scammers must not be a concern enough for you. I fully support their decision to go after him and make an example and restore faith in cryptos and this even helps out mintpal customers that lost coins. This is bigger than just syscoin, it's about nature of scamming in cryptos and needs to be addressed if cryptos are to move forward and be taken seriously.

That being said sure it would be nice to have some full time marketing, PR, BUT, with what funds, and also what is their to market yet? Not until the finished product for the storefront is out, and users can add to it, it's just wasted hype for those wanting a quick buck.

Also I see a much bigger problem here in cryptos, it's fact that coins cannot move past the getting out of being tied to BTC, and outside of community yet. This always cause constant hype, constant news in order to keep investors happy, since resources just move from coin to coin. For example someone probably dumped not cause they don't believe in syscoin, just cause BTC was raising in prices so they dump to take advantage of prices rises in BTC or other alts, then might come back and get syscoin cheaper than before.

This is a problem for all coins, we need to detach from BTC and not be pegged to it's prices and fluctuations that are not stable at all.

This is why prices don't matter right now, unless you are buying. But if you hold, who cares. This coin like some others in 2.0 are trying to breach the BTC peg and get out to mainstream with building a product, not by developing new gadgets and toys to play with that seem neat.

That being said, once syscoin gets their btc back and is in full swing AS THEY STATED WILL WRAP UP IN DEC, stop bitching and let them do their jobs.

I SWEAR CRYPTO COMMUNITY ACTS LIKE BUNCH OF ADHD CHILDREN SOMETIMES. Give them some time, they have fully be transparent with us, read the blog updates, I am starting to think nobody reads them, or this is purposeful attempt at FUD.

This post is well said!!  I don't get the crying over the current prices given the situation and I definitely don't the get notion that they should stop pursuing their lawsuit, that's just ridiculous, ridiculous for the coin and definitely ridiculous for crypto as a whole.  Personally was happy for the dump yesterday, scored myself another 65K of sys.  Maybe it is my own ignorance being fairly new crypto, but I personally can't help but thinking about the potential long term positive that could come out of all this mess.  How much exposure has SYS gotten from this lawsuit crap.......how much respect and exposure will it give to SYS to have successfully pulled itself out of this mess.  Bad beginnings can offer hugely respected successes!
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:08:56 PM

LoL - I had the same thought last night. I was going to write it in C# or something and open source it.

I'll race you! I still need to install VS though, so hopefully I can start tonight.

j4ce1

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:15:29 PM

It just looks to me like they are saying, "Thanks for investor money but we are off berry picking at the moment, please be patient, we'll get back to doing the finish work on the wallet, 'we promise'."  And now investors are running for the door holding their back side.  Knowing sh!t runs downhill, where does that put anyone that buys into it now?

I will agree with you that the current situation would not appear ideal to a new investor. I have been trying to defend the position of existing investors (and hopefully help a few people understand why those of us are holding haven't "lost" anything yet).

Unfortunately the situation with Moolah is what it is. I believe what they are doing, the amount of time they are investing in pursuing their legal case, is the best thing to do and will pay off the most for Syscoin in the long run. That just means things may not be that great for another month or two.
level1

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:16:39 PM

Where does syscoin fit in with all the stuff in the pipeline right now like open bazaar, ethereum, medici etc..? It seems like all the functionality that sys will offer is being done by other projects. What will be unique to sys that no one else will have?
j4ce1

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

I'll race you! I still need to install VS though, so hopefully I can start tonight.

Same boat. Realistically I might not have time to do it this weekend though - but I hope so Smiley
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 03:15:51 AM

I got 100,00 SYS on it for the winner if you guys do race Smiley

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
WORE

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:56:23 AM

Where does syscoin fit in with all the stuff in the pipeline right now like open bazaar, ethereum, medici etc..? It seems like all the functionality that sys will offer is being done by other projects. What will be unique to sys that no one else will have?

Unfortunately it does appear that reclaiming the BTC in the Moolah situation is a focus above all else, so as far as putting ideas to code being a contender  in new concepts it is any ones guess.  But putting a benchmark on the most recent wallet release, the smart money isn't on SYS.  Thus is why I am not entirely happy.  It does look a lot like their target market is 100 SATs.
NOjust

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:13:47 AM

I got 100,00 SYS on it for the winner if you guys do race Smiley
that's interesting to have this test,
we need this actions.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:53:45 AM

i hope SYS coin goes back to its price and above

NOjust

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

i hope SYS coin goes back to its price and above
anyone hopes, but we need the help from the whole community and dev team.

john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:47:08 AM

I like where it is going now. Seems like people in the community got active finally and there will be some coding going on. Let's not forget to promote the hell of it ASAP. I guess it's time to withdraw Sys from the exchange to the wallet.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:47:57 AM

I like where it is going now. Seems like people in the community got active finally and there will be some coding going on. Let's not forget to promote the hell of it ASAP. I guess it's time to withdraw Sys from the exchange to the wallet.

Could someone link to the current wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: