Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis Mining vs GAW Mining, Spondoolies, Hashnest and Mining Sweden updates  (Read 57560 times)
IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:45:39 PM

Mining Sweden is doing a lottery at the moment.

More information here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec0wh0-j-E

Also they are selling S7 mining shares now, shares are for 1 year and include all maintenance fees upfront.

Curious…are you going to add Mining Sweden shares to your daily comparisons?  You have quite a list of items already as it is…

Its hard to do Mining Sweden as they do not do an automatic payout and is hard to work out daily payout info otherwise and if I do a manual withdraw then i have to pay a withdrawal fee.
Mining Sweden payouts are full fat mining payouts so theres no maintenance fees etc as you pay that up front. Sort of like X11 1 year contracts from GM.. You pay the price and that includs electricity etc for the year.

I did do daily Mining Sweden payouts for a little while until Tommy decided to let users withdraw when they want as they were automatically done daily before.

IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:46:59 PM

Hi Everyone.

Will try and update the missing days over the weekend.

Sort of let them slip a little bit. Sorry about that.

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:31:36 AM

Mining Sweden is doing a lottery at the moment.

More information here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec0wh0-j-E

Also they are selling S7 mining shares now, shares are for 1 year and include all maintenance fees upfront.

Curious…are you going to add Mining Sweden shares to your daily comparisons?  You have quite a list of items already as it is…

Its hard to do Mining Sweden as they do not do an automatic payout and is hard to work out daily payout info otherwise and if I do a manual withdraw then i have to pay a withdrawal fee.
Mining Sweden payouts are full fat mining payouts so theres no maintenance fees etc as you pay that up front. Sort of like X11 1 year contracts from GM.. You pay the price and that includs electricity etc for the year.

I did do daily Mining Sweden payouts for a little while until Tommy decided to let users withdraw when they want as they were automatically done daily before.

I know what you mean...the fee is pretty low but I will still wait a while before getting the payout.  I may take readings of the BTC earned at the same time every day to get a feel for the amount of the daily payout average.  It appears to be pretty substantial for just the first 18 hours.
IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:42:23 AM

I know what you mean...the fee is pretty low but I will still wait a while before getting the payout.  I may take readings of the BTC earned at the same time every day to get a feel for the amount of the daily payout average.  It appears to be pretty substantial for just the first 18 hours.
Yeh but I only have 10 GH/s with Mining Sweden so you can see that even though the withdrawl fee is low, it is actually quite a large chunk of the earnings. Reason i did 10GH/s at the time was because I was doing 10GH/s with GM and GAW Miners so was trying to compare all 3.

nilo800

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:57:39 PM

i have a plan in genesis with 2.5 MH/s in x11 contarct and .15T H/s in lifetime contract

for my 2.5 MH/s Payout Nov. 19 = BTC 0.00055746    1 year contract
                                 Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00063532

for my .15TH/s Payout  Nov. 19 = BTC 0.00027544     Lifetime contract
                                Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00024211

Mining allocation is Auto BTC, i don't have any idea what's coin profitable to mine.

i want to upgrade my hash power but the ROI is very hard to recover.

what should i do for my hash power to be profitable? Can you suggest what's coin Profitable to mine?

It is only for a try guys, to serve only my curiosity in bitcoin mining.

turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:30:57 PM

i have a plan in genesis with 2.5 MH/s in x11 contarct and .15T H/s in lifetime contract

Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00063532

Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00024211

Mining allocation is Auto BTC, i don't have any idea what's coin profitable to mine.

what should i do for my hash power to be profitable? Can you suggest what's coin Profitable to mine?

I have .1825 th w/ genesis (after scrypt was converted a long time back) and my last three payouts were:

21.11.2015     BTC     0.00045962
20.11.2015     BTC     0.00044746
19.11.2015     BTC     0.00047441

At hashnest, my 1.5 th daily payout is roughly  .0035+/-    (ive been buying s5 shares so I don't have an exact) Compared with what you have for payouts at .15 th at genesis, it seems like perhaps the s5 at hashnest pays out better but I guess youd need to get .15 th there and record the daily balance to find out for sure. the ROI at genesis is about a year, though for me it is more like 3-4 years as I bought contracts early and got burned.

vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:33:38 PM

though for me it is more like 3-4 years as I bought contracts early and got burned.

what do you mean by got burned??
turdminer

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 06:42:51 PM

though for me it is more like 3-4 years as I bought contracts early and got burned.

i had bought their scrypt 1 year contracts when they first came around, then they got canceled and replaced with an insignificant amount of GHs. payouts were terrible w/ scrypt anyways so it was better than nothing, bad timing on my part i guess.

IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:48:16 AM

Hey guys,

I'm not a technical expert of btc mining, but i bought a lifetime contract to genesis mining a year ago and trust them.
I just noticed that there was a drop of my income last week, and I'd like to know if there is an explanation or if it's just because of the random part of btc mining?

Anyway, great site and great team.

This thread is just for my payouts.

THe actual Genesis Mining thread is here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.0

IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:50:51 AM

Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00063532

Nov. 20 = BTC 0.00024211

I have .1825 th w/ genesis (after scrypt was converted a long time back) and my last three payouts were:

21.11.2015     BTC     0.00045962
20.11.2015     BTC     0.00044746
19.11.2015     BTC     0.00047441

At hashnest, my 1.5 th daily payout is roughly  .0035+/-    (ive been buying s5 shares so I don't have an exact) Compared with what you have for payouts at .15 th at genesis, it seems like perhaps the s5 at hashnest pays out better but I guess youd need to get .15 th there and record the daily balance to find out for sure. the ROI at genesis is about a year, though for me it is more like 3-4 years as I bought contracts early and got burned.

S5 maintenance fee is less than the GM fee of 0.0012 USD per GH/s per day or 0.0015 USD per GH/s per day if you bought before September sometime.

But you will also find that Hashnet use PLNS system for payouts and GM use PPS system for payouts. This is why Hashnet payouts can change wildly. Low and highs where as GM payouts tend to be more stable although at each difficulty change you will notice a difference.

IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:55:11 AM

i had bought their scrypt 1 year contracts when they first came around, then they got canceled and replaced with an insignificant amount of GHs. payouts were terrible w/ scrypt anyways so it was better than nothing, bad timing on my part i guess.

Scrypt was not good, but that was because market was flooded with Asics which for some people arrived months later than they wanted so because they wanted to get their ROI on their delayed miners they then would just dump their mined coins to sell as soon as they could which is why Litecoin difficulty shot up because of all the Asics coming online and then Litecoin prices being dumped because people didnt want to hold them. This affected all the Scrypt coins and that is why Scrypt contract with Cloud mining companies just stopped.

Only Scrypt winners with GM were those that purchased a 1 year contract where fees were included in the price so that when Litecoin difficulty fell in January onwards because of the network hashrate of Litecoin falling then those users could mine more Litecoins each day and then if they wanted to, could have sold their LTC for upto 8 USD back in August so then making a nice little profit as Litecoins in March etc were selling between 1-2 USD each. So those that held, did ok.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:53:37 AM

I am no sure what about this cloud mining business.
GAW screwed their customers over Hashlets
GM screwed their customers over with the Scrypt to SHA conversation because it was not profitable
Hashnest screwd their customers over by hiding blocks, missed payout, no support

Mining Sweden and Spondoolies are cases where we have to wait for them to screw their customers over..
turdminer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

I am no sure what about this cloud mining business.
GAW screwed their customers over Hashlets
GM screwed their customers over with the Scrypt to SHA conversation because it was not profitable
Hashnest screwd their customers over by hiding blocks, missed payout, no support

Mining Sweden and Spondoolies are cases where we have to wait for them to screw their customers over..

mining sweden is a strange one, I saw all of their pictures of the DC being setup in a thread here a while back....but when you go to their site it kind of screams ponzi. they were loosely connected with GAW for a while when hashtalk was still up but I'm not sure how far that went. they haven't posted here in a while, I vaguely remember they had a partnership or something with a credible DC over there in sweden, hydra miners or something. they also have a "reseller" of their shares who buys LTC gear accounts and somehow has a payout scheme running. all of it seems quite rediculous and very suspicious.

Giulini

Activity: 192

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:33:43 PM

bought 20 MHs X11 for 1 year at Genesis, black friday price: 1,51 BTC, seems to be great nonsense, the payback time is now down to 360 days :-/
X11 coins are going down, may be it is because of the actual BTC hausse ?
IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:31:49 AM

Mining sweden is a strange one, I saw all of their pictures of the DC being setup in a thread here a while back....but when you go to their site it kind of screams ponzi. they were loosely connected with GAW for a while when hashtalk was still up but I'm not sure how far that went. they haven't posted here in a while, I vaguely remember they had a partnership or something with a credible DC over there in sweden, hydra miners or something. they also have a "reseller" of their shares who buys LTC gear accounts and somehow has a payout scheme running. all of it seems quite rediculous and very suspicious.

they were loosely connected with GAW for a while when hashtalk was still up
Only connection with GAW I saw was that someone started a thread about them on hastalk and then as Mining Sweden did not have a forum, the thread grew there and information was posted there but as far as I am aware, the forum thread being on  Hashtalk was the only thing in common.

I vaguely remember they had a partnership or something with a credible DC over there in sweden, hydra miners or something.
The company was Hydro66 which has recently opened up their new datacentre in Boden where I believe that Mining Swedens Bitcoin miners are now hosted.

Hydro66 had a datacentre in Boden where Mining Sweden had hosted before but they should have moved into the new one I believe which was was in the same town.

I actually went and visited Mining Sweden in August as they had invited people to an open house meetup so you can go to the datacentre and see the miners in operation.
I visited the new Hydro66 datacentre in Boden, Sweden whilst it was still under construction and also the old facility where Mining Sweden had their miners set up. Mostly Antminer S5s at the time but now they also have S7s as well.

All seemed very legit as far as I was concerned. They are a small operation though compared to others.

they also have a "reseller" of their shares who buys LTC gear accounts and somehow has a payout scheme running. all of it seems quite rediculous and very suspicious.
As far as I know this was as you point out, a reseller, not sure about the LTC gear account thing, I believe that user might have been selling LTC Gear shares when LTC Gear was operational and like most people who used LTC Gear upto a point, no doubt thought it was an OK company and had no idea what was going to happen with it. Just the same as nobody who was using GAW Miners upto a point would have had a clue either until it was too late.

turdminer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 12:42:55 PM

Mining sweden is a strange one, I saw all of their pictures of the DC being setup in a thread here a while back....but when you go to their site it kind of screams ponzi. they were loosely connected with GAW for a while when hashtalk was still up but I'm not sure how far that went. they haven't posted here in a while, I vaguely remember they had a partnership or something with a credible DC over there in sweden, hydra miners or something. they also have a "reseller" of their shares who buys LTC gear accounts and somehow has a payout scheme running. all of it seems quite rediculous and very suspicious.

they were loosely connected with GAW for a while when hashtalk was still up
Only connection with GAW I saw was that someone started a thread about them on hastalk and then as Mining Sweden did not have a forum, the thread grew there and information was posted there but as far as I am aware, the forum thread being on  Hashtalk was the only thing in common.

I vaguely remember they had a partnership or something with a credible DC over there in sweden, hydra miners or something.
The company was Hydro66 which has recently opened up their new datacentre in Boden where I believe that Mining Swedens Bitcoin miners are now hosted.

Hydro66 had a datacentre in Boden where Mining Sweden had hosted before but they should have moved into the new one I believe which was was in the same town.

I actually went and visited Mining Sweden in August as they had invited people to an open house meetup so you can go to the datacentre and see the miners in operation.
I visited the new Hydro66 datacentre in Boden, Sweden whilst it was still under construction and also the old facility where Mining Sweden had their miners set up. Mostly Antminer S5s at the time but now they also have S7s as well.

All seemed very legit as far as I was concerned. They are a small operation though compared to others.

they also have a "reseller" of their shares who buys LTC gear accounts and somehow has a payout scheme running. all of it seems quite rediculous and very suspicious.
As far as I know this was as you point out, a reseller, not sure about the LTC gear account thing, I believe that user might have been selling LTC Gear shares when LTC Gear was operational and like most people who used LTC Gear upto a point, no doubt thought it was an OK company and had no idea what was going to happen with it. Just the same as nobody who was using GAW Miners upto a point would have had a clue either until it was too late.

ahh thanks for filling in the details. it's good to know a hero member from here has seen the DC first hand. the pictures from the original setup were convincing enough for me to buy shares originally, however they really need to update the website and get rid of that dead hashtalk link to the pictures.

as to their relation with GAW, MS had a deal going with btclend as well as paycoin, where you could use your VIP shares as collateral at that debacle of a website, in addition to some earlier on XPY deals (they still have a dedicated address slot for paycoin in account settings. GAW/paycoin was a disaster, so anyone doing business with them is rightfully scrutinized.

the reseller posts on here, yangongear, and he is not just a reseller (though i still dont know why they ever needed a reseller of non-equipment, just shares they can sell themselves) as he took the DC pictures (with the tourquoise cutout ) he is most likely involved with the operation to some degree, or just an investor/visitor like yourself. the LTC gear thing I discovered on...paycointalk.org. he buys defunct LTC gear acounts, pays their fees, then sells Asic coins that represent shares of whatever payouts Chris sends his way. the jury is still out on LTC gear I guess, make your own conclusions there. my only point here was the thick cloud of suspicion all this created, for me at least.

i also expressed concerns about there being no 2fa to "tommy" but he didnt seem too concerned. there is no 2fa for the login, and none for changing the withdrawal address. also, with the small amount of shares/ ghs I have, I notticed some odd consitency in payouts, as they seemed similar to scrypt.cc in how consitent they were (all things being equal) despite recent BTC fluctuations. all this being said, i do have some shares there and hope nothing devious is going on, but there is no harm expressing caution considering all the scams these days.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:49:38 PM

bought 20 MHs X11 for 1 year at Genesis, black friday price: 1,51 BTC, seems to be great nonsense, the payback time is now down to 360 days :-/

LOL you should have read the reads. They are not a scam, but they are clearly not offering a profitable service.
Luckily you bought it at a discount price, and not their average price, which would make your ROI period over 2 years
IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 11:59:12 AM

LOL you should have read the reads. They are not a scam, but they are clearly not offering a profitable service.
Luckily you bought it at a discount price, and not their average price, which would make your ROI period over 2 years

Well if you bought your own GPUs and mined X11 then you would be getting similar returns.

People on other threads have confirmed that what GM payouts and other pools like Nicehash payouts are more or less the same and there is nothing that stands out that makes them think GM is underpaying or anything or overpaying.

You are paying for Hashpower and GM cant wave magic wands and make your payouts better than what actual mining returns are.

Just for reference it is more expensive to purchase a GPU and pay for the electricity yourself than what GM is offering so it would be even less profitable than what GM offers.

Also OP orginally purchased at 11 % discount and whilst BTC price is higher than for example someone that purchased X11 in early september
This means they actually have an easier time to make ROI than others.

Giulini

Activity: 192

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:46:26 PM

thank you for the comment, you speak the truth, I ran some motherboards with two to four AMD-GPUs, mostly X11 at nicehash and XMR at dwarf-pool, was o.k. (not sensationel) for the last three years, but meanwhile my power costs are much too high for profitability
IanFoxley (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:11:00 AM

thank you for the comment, you speak the truth, I ran some motherboards with two to four AMD-GPUs, mostly X11 at nicehash and XMR at dwarf-pool, was o.k. (not sensationel) for the last three years, but meanwhile my power costs are much too high for profitability

Yes well do not forget that also the power costs are included in the upfront cost for the one year contract.

X11 Mining at home is not too profitable, GMs X11 contracts are better in that respect but its the X11 mining itself that is determining how profitable it is and as i said..GM is just supplying the X11 hashpower and can not be responsible at the end of the day for what your payouts can be, just the same as AMD or Nvidia being responsible for it either, even though it is them supplying you the hashpower on their graphics cards if you are mining at home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: