Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Secure bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 36248 times)
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 04:57:15 PM

ty for the answers guys , I have another question concerning the credit cards of those online wallets like Xapo , in case their website goes down for one reason or another does it mean that our masterCard with funds is lost for good aswel l?

With Xapo I guess so as your funds are not actually on the card as its not a preloaded card. The card is linked to your Xapo wallet so your btc is in the wallet and not on the card. So if they go 'down' I guess so does your wallet.

I know they do carry insurance but I'm not sure exactly what is covered. Maybe best to visit their site and read up on the insurance they have and what it covers.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:11:19 PM

Blockchain.info is one of the most secure one online wallets.
FIFY

I use a Trezor as it is one of the most secure wallets period.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 07:21:32 PM

"Blockchain.info is one of the most secure one online wallets" is a factoid only. Period.
FIFY

FTFY.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blockchain.info+bug

smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

FIFY

Does it worth to buy the Trezor for 99$, that's the price showed in their website ?
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:59:35 PM

if you just want to stick with the most secured web wallet then from my side blockchain.info wallet is just fine..and if you ever want to switch to desktop wallet I mean most secured one then bitcoin core wallet(bitcoin-qt wallet) is the best option and optionally I will advice you to make a paper wallet..so if anyhow you losse your walley then also you won't losse your funds ever
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 10:22:07 PM

Trezor is worth the money.

It is a deterministic wallet so when you set it up you get 24 words that you write down and then keep very safe, very secret, and very secure.  You can make multiple copies of the 24 words, give a copy to a trusted attorney, whatever you think is secure.

If you ever lose your Trezor (or any other deterministic wallet) then you just buy another one, enter the same 24 words and like magic you get your entire wallet back, all of the recieive addresses, all of the change addresses, all of the accounts, including all of the transactions you ever made using that wallet!

All you need to do is keep the 24 seed words safe and secret and you never have to back up your wallet.

This is what makes deterministic wallets the easiest to use, safest and most secure way to do Bitcoin.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 10:52:33 PM

FIFY

Does it worth to buy the Trezor for 99$, that's the price showed in their website ?

If you have a significant amount of Bitcoin, sure.

I'm getting worried about people suggesting an online wallet, followed by a post asking "what's the different between an online and offline wallet?".

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:00:48 PM

FIFY

I'm getting worried about people suggesting an online wallet, followed by a post asking "what's the different between an online and offline wallet?".

Well actually no offline or online wallet, which memebedakan only the wallet can only be accessed on the web and wallet that exist only in the PC itself, it in my opinion.

Btw i suggest OP to using Electrum wallet
smith coins

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:06:14 PM

FIFY

I read the reviews about trezor, all saying good words and i think it is a unique device. I see the differences in price about the color but that is nothing that affect the wallet lol. Yeah it is useful if we have a good amount of bitcoin. I bookmarked it maybe one day i will need one.
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:14:17 PM

FIFY

how much time did it took for them to deliver on to your doorstep ?
and plus is there any information about shiiping to EASTSIDE ?

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
smith coins

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:17:50 PM

FIFY

how much time did it took for them to deliver on to your doorstep ?
and plus is there any information about shiiping to EASTSIDE ?

In their websites is mentioned about the shipping:

Code:
Express shipping (DHL)
29.00 USD

Delivery time: 2-5 business days, full track and trace capability.

Standard shipping
10.00 USD

Delivery time may vary between 5 days to 6 weeks depending on your location and your national post.

It is not traceable in the United Kingdom and Australia.

vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:27:51 PM

i think that paper wallet is definitely the safest option of all wallets if you create it offline and never share the private key with anyone
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:16:54 PM

for smaller amounts and daily spends : blockchain.info
for large amounts: for long term storage, definitely use paper wallets or Trezor.
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

I have been using Coinbase (more than 9 months), so far it has been pretty solid. But I do not have more than dust (less than 50 USD worth in BTC), if you have more than that you should consider a paper wallet.

not hating on coinbase but i heard too many horror stories on their support. So I would just move my coins whenever you buy from them.

To a actual desktop wallet or something more better, incase they claim your coins were never there or something.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 05:06:24 AM

FIFY

If you don't have a budget, paper wallet is solved it. Paper wallet is cheap and secure to keep bitcoin for long term.

I have been using Coinbase (more than 9 months), so far it has been pretty solid. But I do not have more than dust (less than 50 USD worth in BTC), if you have more than that you should consider a paper wallet.

not hating on coinbase but i heard too many horror stories on their support. So I would just move my coins whenever you buy from them.

To a actual desktop wallet or something more better, incase they claim your coins were never there or something.

That's why don't store your coins on (web wallet or)exchanger, although the company is famous, but don't forget about Mt.Gox.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 02:23:31 PM

The question asked was "Most Secure bitcoin wallet ?"

Is Coinbase a wallet or an account?

smith coins

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:21:22 PM

FIFY

If you don't have a budget, paper wallet is solved it. Paper wallet is cheap and secure to keep bitcoin for long term.

That's why don't store your coins on (web wallet or)exchanger, although the company is famous, but don't forget about Mt.Gox.

Paper wallet is not cheap, but the cheapest. If i had a large volume of bitcoins i would buy the trezor it is appropriate.
At the moment coinbase fits my needs so in near future should plat to use one of these above. Btw what is the story about Mt.Gox that you mention?
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 09:16:37 PM

People had their Bitcoins in accounts at Mt. Gox [a now defunct Bitcoin exchange].  

These people learned the hard way that there is a huge difference between having your Bitcoins in a wallet = you own/have/posses them and having them in an account = you have basically lent them out on account.

Is coinbase a wallet (you own and posses the Bitcoins) or an account (you have lent them out and coinbase now posses the Bitcoins).

This is important as the account holders at Mt. Gox (and all the other plethora of "banks" that have gone under) found out when they tried to get their Bitcoins back.

Halalaboos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:17:20 PM

bitcoin core. if you must go with a lightweight client go with electrum dont use blockchain.info or any other online wallet if you wanna do it right
mikeyhart

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:21:55 PM

Buy a trezor they are only something like 0.2 the last time I checked if i remember correctly requires no technical knowledge like creating an offline wallet and its probably the most secure except for paper wallets
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: