Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Secure bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 36248 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:12:32 AM

Probably Blockchain I think. Because there you need identifier and password. Even if someone knows your password he have to know the identifier to be able to login and that is only possible to those who have access to that email with which that blockchain wallet was created

That's why I still trust blockchain and have done $4000+ of transaction so far with Blockchain

It is still a hot wallet so it is not considered "most secure".  Cold and hardware wallets beat it on security every time if done right.

Even with 2FA and password it is not 100 percent secure.  But yes adding 2FA is a big jump in security.   But I suggest you read about cold wallets.  Can be as simple as paper wallet, or lots of variations.
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

Get a cheap pc/laptop that never see the internet. Install a wallet via usb
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:47:36 PM

and i will choose buy 1 sheet white paper
create new address and printing your private key and address
save  paper wallet Smiley

cheapest than you buy laptop  Tongue
UserVVIP

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:24:18 PM

Just stick with the qt wallet because it is hard coded by the bitcoin foundation and the most trusted out there.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:09:58 PM

Just stick with the qt wallet because it is hard coded by the bitcoin foundation and the most trusted out there.

And if you hard disk goes to hell (not breaks but burned) what it will be the solution? How can be recovered all the bitcoins from this kind of wallet? I don't know any way.
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:20:22 PM

Most secure wallet is blockchain.info. They encrypt everything in our browser and they store nothing as raw data.

I'am not a professional and that's why I made this topic however this is the worst advice you could give to someone i guess , all someone need to do to get millions of dollar that are stored in blockchain is to attack the location where the physicals servers are then run a cracker .. and we all know how easy the passwords used by people these days .

If someone hacks your funds from blockchain server side, will blockchain fill your wallet with the missed bitcoins?
I haven't heard anyone, but i see that blockchain.info blocks their users accounts so i think it should be a trick to steal peoples funds!!!

Blockchain.info isint the blockchain. Its just another services. So if they get hacked and they are not insured, you're fucked... Go with cold storage or Coinbase if you absolutely need a online service.

The same question goes and to others web wallets,
I think that they should refill users balance and get back in the feet.
I think that the most secured wallet should be Trezor as it has many good feature that's why it cost a bit expensive.
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:54:40 AM

I recommend the blockchain.info
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:05:20 PM

not that secure it was already said that there were some flaw in it in the past, and it's not sure if there will be other, the better it's always a cold storage or a loacal wallet that run on a dedicated machine with its own network
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:32:12 PM

I have said it hundreds times and I will repeat it again, you shouldn't use online wallets, especially not blockchain.info which is the buggiest wallet out there. Every day opens up a new thread where some of the users have problems wigh blockchain.info.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:39:57 PM

the most secure online wallet for me is blockchain.info and offline wallet is paper wallet though its just my opinion

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

the most secure online wallet for me is blockchain.info and offline wallet is paper wallet though its just my opinion

Most secure online is actually a hardware wallet. They store online with like Trezor but require the hardware wallet.  But no doubt blockchain is one of the better one's for hot wallets.

Just make sure to use hotwallets right for spending money.   Keep most money in cold wallet's for safety.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:47:20 AM

In desktop wallets, Bitcoin core is the safest because it downloads the entire blockchain history. Unlike electrum and multibit, there was a vulnerability which could have caused the loss of money a few months back as miners were spv mining.

but downloading the entire blockchain isnt really good as it can affect your daily transactions IMHO

how does it affect the daily transactions you are doing? i run bitcoin core with the full blockchain and everything works perfectly fine. beside that, you are also helping the network as your client with full blockchain functions as a node.

maybe he means that the process of synchronizing with the network would take long for him. so if you want to spend your coins you have to wait a long time first before being able to do so.
After a long time, the synchronization time would be significant. Arguably, any reliable SPV client could provide a good amount of security but we are talking about the most secure one. Bitcoin Core does no trust miners like SPV clients do and it would be insecure if miners don't follow it and the network would reject it, exposing risk of double spending to SPV clients as they would see it as a confirmation while the network reject it.

confirmation120

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:55:01 AM

I would say use paper wallets or bitcoin core.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

I would say use paper wallets or bitcoin core.

Yes. both of them are proven safer wallets as of today.
Cold storage and strong encryption are other option if you go with any wallet type regardless of any platform.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:40:25 PM

im currently looking for a safe wallet on mobile preferably ios anyone have any suggestions? im currently using coinbase
confirmation120

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:13:28 PM

i love safty of paper wallets
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:41:11 PM

But if you choose only that way then it can be unsafe.
Because if this pc stops working and you don't have any other backup then you already have lost the bitcoins.
At least 2-3 backups you should have, 1 usb, 1 paper wallet, 1 pc/laptop etc..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:39:27 PM

im currently looking for a safe wallet on mobile preferably ios anyone have any suggestions? im currently using coinbase

did you tried breadwallet? it appear to be good, and it is reported in the official bitcoin website as well
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:50:02 PM

Because if this pc stops working and you don't have any other backup then you already have lost the bitcoins.
also the fact that everytime you need to spend your coins you would need to start up your laptop, meaning if you go outside and find a merchant that accepts bitcoin you wouldnt be able to pay them because your laptop would be at time.
the same logic applies for paper and usb wallets  Embarrassed, i like bitcoin but i dont like the fact that it needs to be locked away to be safe,
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:08:49 PM

also the fact that everytime you need to spend your coins you would need to start up your laptop, meaning if you go outside and find a merchant that accepts bitcoin you wouldnt be able to pay them because your laptop would be at time.
the same logic applies for paper and usb wallets  Embarrassed, i like bitcoin but i dont like the fact that it needs to be locked away to be safe,
You won't walk on the streets with all of your bitcoins in your wallet I guess.
This is the reason why bigger mobile wallet providers offer a so called cold storage (XAPO wault, etc) next to your everyday spending wallet.
It's like you only take a little amount of cash in your leather wallet in your pocket, the rest of your money is in the bank, in the safe at home or in your pillow Smiley
In this case you can manage your everyday spending of your bitcoins from your mobile wallet with a lower balance and the rest of your BTC can be safe in cold storage or in phisical storage like Trezor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: