Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DiceBitco.in - New Thread to Discuss  (Read 20620 times)
jh7phone

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:55:47 PM

I knew that it was a good idea to withdraw on sunday so I asked manl in chat to trigger my emergency withdraw!

I had an emergency address locked into my account and everything.

manl ignored my request to activate the withdraw, I didn't think they would drain the entire bankroll in one day so I worked all day.

I can't skip work easy so the reason I think I should be refunded is I asked him to trigger the withdraw but he didn't.

Also the reason for my investment being is wiped IS directly related to the bug because if they didn't cheat the bankroll wouldn't of shrunk so much that it syphoned 90% of my coins. If this didn't happen losing 500 coins on tha bankroll would be 1/10 of what it was.

There's no way around it I had to wait until today to check it. I should be refunded 9btc I sent a support ticket.

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:04:37 PM

I knew that it was a good idea to withdraw on sunday so I asked manl in chat to trigger my emergency withdraw!

manl ignored my request to activate the withdraw, I didn't think they would drain the entire bankroll in one day so I worked all day.

I can't skip work easy so the reason I think I should be refunded is I asked him to trigger the withdraw but he didn't.

Also the reason for my investment being is wiped IS directly related to the bug because if they didn't cheat the bankroll wouldn't of shrunk so much that it syphoned 90% of my coins. If this didn't happen losing 500 coins on tha bankroll would be 1/10 of what it was.

There's no way around it I had to wait until today to check it. I should be refunded 9btc I sent a support ticket.

We know that we are responsible for the "bug" that is why we refunded every affected player from OUR wallet. Investors weren't affected by this bug. The invest / divest was working completely fine so investors could (and did) divest their btc.
It's a scam, they didn't halt the betting, they just let it continue, to steal money from the investors like you and me.
abreezy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:05:21 PM

can someone please PM me to help me verify some bets.
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

But you didn't divest, even though you could easily have done so... That would have protected you.
jh7phone

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:14:07 PM

But you didn't divest, even though you could easily have done so... That would have protected you.

I said there was no way I could get access to my account until monday, my login details were written on paper and locked in a safety deposit box so I couldn't be tempted to gamble.

my safety deposit box is at a bank that is closed Sunday. I had NO WAY to get into my account when this all went down, i was in chat trying to get them to trigger my emergency btc address withdraw but they kept ignoring me!

BBmmBB

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:14:49 PM

just wondering, was doog staff on the site or was he just a major investor?

I was nothing to do with the site other than:

* playing the a lot (winning about 35 BTC)
* investing around 50 BTC (which grew to around 85 BTC with my gambling wins)
* wearing their signature here for a month
* holding 5 BTC in escrow for their signature campaign in case they fail to pay
* being made a chat moderator (able to mute / unmute people in the chat)

So not a "major" investor - I was around 2% of the bankroll at my peak.

^brazen sockpuppet!!!..haha now so what you are saying : you scammed + 35BTC ? wow ~ smooth job ! Smiley *epic*
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

just wondering, was doog staff on the site or was he just a major investor?

* playing the a lot (winning about 35 BTC)
* investing around 50 BTC (which grew to around 85 BTC with my gambling wins)
* wearing their signature here for a month
* holding 5 BTC in escrow for their signature campaign in case they fail to pay
* being made a chat moderator (able to mute / unmute people in the chat)

So not a "major" investor - I was around 2% of the bankroll at my peak.

^brazen sockpuppet!!!..haha now so what you are saying : you scammed + 35BTC ? wow ~ smooth job ! Smiley *epic*

not scammed

he won it fair and sqaure Smiley
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:25:46 PM

I said there was no way I could get access to my account until monday, my login details were written on paper and locked in a safety deposit box so I couldn't be tempted to gamble.

my safety deposit box is at a bank that is closed Sunday. I had NO WAY to get into my account when this all went down, i was in chat trying to get them to trigger my emergency btc address withdraw but they kept ignoring me!

I see, I missed that part. I understand your frustration but I don't think you can blame the operator for failing to follow orders from an unauthorized user.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:26:24 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:40:21 PM by pawel7777

Note 5: dooglus and bitcoininformation, please proseed with payments for the sig campaign when it expires. You both have from 5 BTC in escrow from me. If people change their signature, or the funds are more than i sent you, you can keep them as a thank you for the service.

What's the fucking point of wearing the sigs for the next 3 weeks? If everyone hit the max post count, the 10 BTC won't be sufficient, we should cancel the campaign and divide the funds proportionally to ranks.

Dooglus, Bitcoininformation, any thoughts?

That's the best possible route to take currently. We need a response ASAP. (maybe even add a little extra for everyone if there is enough, for all the trouble and so the 10btc get distributed fairly)

last month with 100 ppl and higher rates, we paid ~12 btc in total. now rates are lower and post count less. 10 btc are enough to cover it.

OK. Lets be serious

You decided to call it a day and give up on DB, I understand, don't blame you for the decision. But why the hell do you want us to carry on with the signatures till the end of the month?

Can't you just give both Dooglus and Bitcoininformation a 'green light' to pay everyone sooner? I suggest giving both of them 0.25 for their trouble, and divide the remaining 9.5BTC proportionally to the rank (it's not complicated, I can do the calculation if needed).

In such scenario, everyone should be happy, people would generally get paid slightly less then when reaching max post count, but would be paid sooner and with no further need of posting. Dooglus + Bitcoininformation would get the whole escrow sorted sooner (+would get paid a little) and you wouldn't have to do all the posts verification. Everybody wins.

Sounds reasonable?

Ps I won't have much trouble in reaching the max post count (and I don't spam and am not very active), if other hit the max too, then 10BTC is not enough. If that happens - it's gonna get pretty messed up + there's a risk that Doog and BTCinformation will end up (involuntarily) being responsible for verification of posts.

EDIT: If everyone reaches max post count, it would total 18 BTC

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Joecker

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:48:01 PM

About that get-paid-for-spamming (aka signature-) campaign, I don't get it. How you dare considering yourself eligible for any buttcoin, how can you even show your face here when
1) some gamblers were cheated and lost big butts (yes, not receiving butts you won is a loss)
2) all (remaining) investors were cheated and lost big butts (edit) when mateonlgry came
What did you signature-campaign leeches risk huh ? Nothing. And no, e-reputation doesn't exist. Oh yeah, maybe you're number #237817 on the kill-list of some of the real victims here.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

About that get-paid-for-spamming (aka signature-) campaign, I don't get it. How you dare considering yourself eligible for any buttcoin, how can you even show your face here when
1) some gamblers were cheated and lost big butts (yes, not receiving butts you won is a loss)
2) all (remaining) investors were cheated and lost big butts
What did you signature-campaign leeches risk huh ? Nothing. And no, e-reputation doesn't exist. Oh yeah, maybe you're number #237817 on the kill-list of some of the real victims here.

Most people wouldn't promote the site if they knew it was fraudulent. They trusted it was legit, just like the gamblers/investors. And why the fuck do you assume that sig campaign participant cannot also be gambler/investor?

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:18:45 PM

Since I never got a response from DB and the thread was locked. Are they really not going to pay out winning bets? Have they considered what this will do to gambler confidence in their future reincarnation of DB?

Is the exact date and time the malicious code went live known? I have over 175,000 bets with more than 60% falling in between Sept 4th and Sept 6th.

I am one of the accounts affected by this bug. Are the winning bets still not being paid out? In my last sequence my winning bets would have put me in profit, yet obviously there my account sits in the negative.

Edit: Is there anyway I can grab all my bet info and save it myself? How am I supposed to go back though 4,400 pages of bets to verify this? I can only see 40 bets at a time and am forced to go page by page.

Well then it seems like I could've been pushed from positive profit to negative in 10 days, thats a shitload of bets to verify...so many seeds...so many nonces.

Any chance the database/audit will be made public or at least have bet history made more accessible?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
smalltimer50

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:24:20 PM

So right now, there is about 610 BTC that was stolen via manl's alt account matteo (profit went from +280 to -330 in less than 24 hours!!). That's pretty serious. The majority of investors who left coins on the site haven't checked the site in 24 hours and they will be in for a shock. I really feel bad for them. These are the true victims -- they were a huge portion of the small bankroll when "matteo" starting betting and are totally (90% or so) wiped out.

My theory: Manl wanted to slowly siphon bitcoin but did in an unbelievable brazen and stupid way (Maybe he got impatient? I can't explain why he would do it in such an obvious way -- stupidity I guess. He was probably losing patience on how little the site was making and how much profit he could skim each day.). When he was caught his whole plan unravelled and instead of running off with the whole bankroll (which would put a MASSIVE target on his back) he allowed the majority of investors to get their coins out. Seems like he is going to make out with 600-1000 BTC from the scam which is unbelievable. He didn't think he could get away with stealing 7000 btc but has the audacity to think he can steal 600-1000 BTC.

The sad part is people actually believe some parts of his story. Come on people... By the way, for fun can someone explain the math of how monstrously improbable Matteo's run of "luck" (fraud) was?

jh7phone

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:33:55 PM

der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

can someone please PM me to help me verify some bets.

I don't see the point any more, even if all of them were rigged you won't get your money now
Joecker

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:29:58 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 03:28:10 AM by Joecker

(...) By the way, for fun can someone explain the math of how monstrously improbable Matteo's run of "luck" (fraud) was?

Let X_i be the random variable modeling the profit of each bet.

Assumptions:
1) profits went from 260 to -330, that is manlteo's profit = (+/-) 600btc
2) N=60k bets of 1btc each @ 2x payout
3) math bullshit (iid random variables), q=0.495, P[X=+1] = q, P[X=-1] = 1-q.

Let S= X_1+X_2+ ... + X_60000. We should expect E(S)= 60000 x ( 1x0.495 + (-1)x0.505 ) = -600 (a loss).

We want to know P[S >= 600]. Central limit theorem states that  [S - E(S)] / stdev(X)*\sqrt(N) =: Z is normally can be approximated by a normal distribution N(0,1).

var(X) = E(X^2) - E(X)^2 = q+1-q - (2q-1)^2 = 4q(1-q) = 0.9999, so stdev ~ 1

So
P[S >= 600] ~= P[Z >= [600 -(-600)] / (1*\sqrt(N)) ] = P[Z>= 1200/244] = 1-P[Z<=4.89922] = 4.8x10^-7.

That probability is almost zero. I'd say you are few orders of magnitude more likely to die, along with 1 million people at the same time, before you finish reading this, than to have maeonlgerry's luck.

Edit1...
Edit2...
Woot my mistakes! See my post here.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:51:19 AM

I think their mistake was to not halt betting when the issue was discovered.

Mistake? They were asked repeatedly to do just that, even before the mass exodus of investors. The fact that they didn't and blissfully claimed that the issue has been resolved is as much of a smoking gun as about a dozen other facts in this story.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:15:18 AM

* playing a lot (winning about 35 BTC)
* [...]

Reading comprehension never was your strong point was it.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:27:29 AM

(...) By the way, for fun can someone explain the math of how monstrously improbable Matteo's run of "luck" (fraud) was?

Let X_i be the random variable modeling the profit of each bet.

Assumptions:
1) profits went from 260 to -330, that is manlteo's profit = (+/-) 600btc
2) N=60k bets of 1btc each @ 2x payout
3) math bullshit (iid random variables), q=0.495

Let S= X_1+X_2+ ... + X_60000. We should expect E(S)= 60000 x ( 1x0.495 + (-1)x0.505 ) = -600 (a loss).

We want to know P[S >= 600]. Central limit theorem states that  \sqrt(N) x [ S - E(S) ] / stdev(X) =: Z is normally distrubuted N(0,1).

var(X) = E(X^2) - E(X)^2 = 1 - (2q-1)^2 = 4q(1-q) = 0.9999, so stdev ~ 1

So
P[S >= 600] = P[Z >= \sqrt(N) [600 -(-600)] / 1 ] = P[Z>= 244x1200] = 1-P[Z<=294000] = 1-1 = 0.

That probability is zero. I'd say you are few orders of magnitude more likely to die, along with 1 million people at the same time, before you finish reading this, than to have maeonlgerry's luck.

thank you for this

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:32:39 AM

I think their mistake was to not halt betting when the issue was discovered.

Mistake? They were asked repeatedly to do just that, even before the mass exodus of investors. The fact that they didn't and blissfully claimed that the issue has been resolved is as much of a smoking gun as about a dozen other facts in this story.
They received the advise to not allow bets to continue. They made the business decision to not stop bets as they were likely trying to avoid any downtime. I think they were hoping that allowing betting to continue and not stopping withdrawals would allow them to maintain their credibility. It was a calculated risk that did not work in their favor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: