Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:29:56 AM

Given this was originally an open forum invite, please help me to understand your viewpoints by answering the following;

1. Why is it acceptable for Muslims to demand freedom of religion, that being to practice Islam, in any country they want without fear of repercussions yet those same tolerances are not extended into Islamic countries?

2. Why are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc either imprisoned or killed in Islamic countries for practising their religion in Islamic countries?

3. Why do Muslims not defend themselves against radical Muslims?

4. Why do Muslims not defend the rights of practice of other religions as they expect for their own?

I ask these questions in an open nature with no intent to slur anyone and I will openly admit to being a practising Christian.

Regards,

Cranky

Bump - my questions have been overlooked...perhaps because they ask to hard a question?

1) No religious group should ever have to "demand" freedom of religion. The freedom to practice your religion is a constitutional right. Also, your logic is pretty fallacious. You imply that it is unacceptable for Muslims to demand freedom of religion when other countries don't have it. That's like saying Korean-American US citizens shouldn't be allowed to use the internet because the internet is banned in Korea.

3) They do, it's just that our media does not like to portray them doing it because they make an earning out of negativity.
http://rt.com/news/186460-french-muslims-christians-isis/

4) I've never heard of a Muslim here in America violating the rights of other religions

Oh, you openly admit to being a practicing Christian? Ever heard of Uganda? They're not exactly your idea of "tolerance" or "acceptability", and they claim to being a Christian nation, with a "Kill the Gays" bill. Does this have anything to do with you? Nope, just like it has absolutely nothing to do with Christians in America.

Hello Awesome,
I am glad you have chosen to discuss these questions however I do hope you can remain on track. The forum opened on a global context and I hope to retain that viewpoint for all when I provide some responses to yourself, and I do hope you engage logically rather than emotionally.

Your points;
1. I agree that no religious group should have to demand freedom to practise their religion so I ask, on a global stage, why do Muslims demand those rights in the west and are granted yet any other religion in any Islamic country would face imprisonment or death for a similar request? Why do Muslims feel this is justified?

3. It is well undertsood amongst non-muslim religions, that to send a missionary into a Muslim country courts potential death. When one person states a wriong doing and they have two or more witnesses, what does the old testament say (common to Jews, Christians and Muslims) in Deuteronomy 19:15? The world sees time and time again, valid charges of wrong doing by Muslim countries yet you find this acceptable because you feel the media is deceiving you. Look beyond your mainstream NBC and find the truth or does it scare you?

4. If no muslim has violated a religious freedom in the US then congratulations and I hope it continues. How do you feel about all the global violations being portrayed, as per the intent of my original question? For me, it is another reason to dis-like Islam.

Regards,

Cranky

Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:59:36 AM

Asinine tangents, bitchy attitude, and a lot of mouth. Leave it to an asian to miss the fucking point and think spouting nonsense is a valid counter argument.

You missed almost every single point he was making. He was calling out muslim hypocrisy, none of which you addressed, and instead tried to deflect and shift blame in the most pathetic slimmest of tangents.

Answer the actual question, slanty eyes.

What's with the racism? If you have nothing to add to a thread besides racial slurs probably better not to post at all.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:14:10 AM

Asinine tangents, bitchy attitude, and a lot of mouth. Leave it to an asian to miss the fucking point and think spouting nonsense is a valid counter argument.

You missed almost every single point he was making. He was calling out muslim hypocrisy, none of which you addressed, and instead tried to deflect and shift blame in the most pathetic slimmest of tangents.

What's with the racism? If you have nothing to add to a thread besides racial slurs probably better not to post at all.

The racism like rant, all of one sentence was a direct response to previous responses by that same poster. He then went on to be quite constructive in his discussion so please be contextual in your responses..

Please be mindful of how you respond as you some may see your selective responses as barely restrained / emotional which is the situation this thread is trying to avoid.

Have a nice day.

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:18:43 AM

Racial slurs that aren't even relevant to the discussion!

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:27:54 AM

I would agree however one should not single out only one side of a two party fight were both have exchanged racially charged blows. Some might call being selective in your responses as discriminatory. Please chastise both parties or none.

I find the single sided response to be ironic given this same issue is what is plaguing Islam's public image. A one sided view all about self above others.

A balanced view point is key to understanding the situation and therefore diffusing an issue before 'heads roll'.

awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:30:53 AM

were both have exchanged racially charged blows. Some might call being selective in your responses as discriminatory.

Can you show where I have demonstrated a "racially charged blow"?

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:42:35 AM

were both have exchanged racially charged blows. Some might call being selective in your responses as discriminatory.

Can you show where I have demonstrated a "racially charged blow"?

I stand correct good Sir. You are correct to chastise that person as the initiate of 'racially charged slurs".

Please accept my apologies.

I was thrown by your response as, aside from his racial slurs, I agreed with his conclusion that it looked like the original responder was 'dodging' my question by going of on a tangent.

P.S. upon re-reading your posts, you are a very constructive commentator.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:46:17 AM

Given this was originally an open forum invite, please help me to understand your viewpoints by answering the following;

1. Why is it acceptable for Muslims to demand freedom of religion, that being to practice Islam, in any country they want without fear of repercussions yet those same tolerances are not extended into Islamic countries?

2. Why are Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc either imprisoned or killed in Islamic countries for practising their religion in Islamic countries?

3. Why do Muslims not defend themselves against radical Muslims?

4. Why do Muslims not defend the rights of practice of other religions as they expect for their own?

I ask these questions in an open nature with no intent to slur anyone and I will openly admit to being a practising Christian.

Regards,

Cranky

Bump - my questions have been overlooked...perhaps because they ask to hard a question?

1) No religious group should ever have to "demand" freedom of religion. The freedom to practice your religion is a constitutional right. Also, your logic is pretty fallacious. You imply that it is unacceptable for Muslims to demand freedom of religion when other countries don't have it. That's like saying Korean-American US citizens shouldn't be allowed to use the internet because the internet is banned in Korea.

3) They do, it's just that our media does not like to portray them doing it because they make an earning out of negativity.
http://rt.com/news/186460-french-muslims-christians-isis/

4) I've never heard of a Muslim here in America violating the rights of other religions

Oh, you openly admit to being a practicing Christian? Ever heard of Uganda? They're not exactly your idea of "tolerance" or "acceptability", and they claim to being a Christian nation, with a "Kill the Gays" bill. Does this have anything to do with you? Nope, just like it has absolutely nothing to do with Christians in America.

Hello Awesome,
I am glad you have chosen to discuss these questions however I do hope you can remain on track. The forum opened on a global context and I hope to retain that viewpoint for all when I provide some responses to yourself, and I do hope you engage logically rather than emotionally.

Your points;
1. I agree that no religious group should have to demand freedom to practise their religion so I ask, on a global stage, why do Muslims demand those rights in the west and are granted yet any other religion in any Islamic country would face imprisonment or death for a similar request? Why do Muslims feel this is justified?

3. It is well undertsood amongst non-muslim religions, that to send a missionary into a Muslim country courts potential death. When one person states a wriong doing and they have two or more witnesses, what does the old testament say (common to Jews, Christians and Muslims) in Deuteronomy 19:15? The world sees time and time again, valid charges of wrong doing by Muslim countries yet you find this acceptable because you feel the media is deceiving you. Look beyond your mainstream NBC and find the truth or does it scare you?

4. If no muslim has violated a religious freedom in the US then congratulations and I hope it continues. How do you feel about all the global violations being portrayed, as per the intent of my original question? For me, it is another reason to dis-like Islam.

Regards,

Cranky

Awesome,

Now we have cleared the air on the 'racial slur' mis-understanding. Is there any chance you could respond to my thoughts above?

Regards,

Cranky

awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:55:58 AM

What I meant when I stated that no man should ever have to demand religious freedom is that religious freedom is a constitutional basic human right, it should not be demanded, it should be given.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:56:48 AM

What I meant when I stated that no man should ever have to demand religious freedom is that religious liberties are a constitutional basic human right, it should not be demanded, it should be given.

I agree wholeheartedly. Now if we could only get Muslim countries to agree too...

awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:00:20 AM

What I meant when I stated that no man should ever have to demand religious freedom is that religious liberties are a constitutional basic human right, it should not be demanded, it should be given.

I agree wholeheartedly. Now if we could only get Muslim countries to agree too...

Unlikely unless we can establish separation of church and state, get rid of religious influence from their education system, and bring in secularism. I'd say the Middle East just needs time, anywhere around thirty to forty years, though most are already realizing the damage Sharia is bringing to the State.

Bonam

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:01:28 AM

What I meant when I stated that no man should ever have to demand religious freedom is that religious freedom is a constitutional basic human right, it should not be demanded, it should be given.

What is a "basic human right"? What rights does a human have if he/she lives in a state that does not provide/guarantee these rights? The ideas of what comprises "basic human rights" varies hugely from nation to nation and so I think that no such rights are really "basic", or, if any basic rights exist, they are far narrower in scope than what many like to believe.
Honeypot

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:02:06 AM

Your civility is wasted, Cranky.

In fact, it's inappropriate to continue offer civility in a situation where the opposition clearly has no intent of gaming on the same level.

It's just another form of self congratulation.

The situation with these muslims or their naive sympathizers is not one to be solved with reason or civility. They selectively take reason and logic to try and manipulate it for their own ends, just as anyone would do when they cannot stand legitimately on their own two feet. They always try to manipulate, engage in deflection and blame shifting, and trying to throw back shit they smeared on their own faces then pretend they are the most reasonable one in the room when in fact, anyone can see they are being cheeky and overtly defensive.

It's same as listening to 5 year old giving attitude and mouth. Treat it as such, and call out spade as spade.

As for the supposedly 'racially charged slur', no one is fooled from the fact that these oppositions are acting out of racially biased, anti-west and anti-european ethnic group slant and basically engaging in these 'discussions' with mind made up to slander them in any way possible. As a minority, this is painfully obvious the kind of childish attempts at deception they play.

Your civility, cranky4u, is only appreciated but unfortunately out of place in this type of 'debate'. They have no intention of debating - only trying to find different excuses to try and chip away/smear the other side because they already made up their minds to stand from a racially biased, and racist point of view.

Simply telling them they are being hypocritical and transparently biased with ulterior motive masquerading as 'argument' is more then enough to show anyone with half a brain exactly who is trying to be a bitch.
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:17:21 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 07:10:39 AM by Cranky4u

In fact, it's inappropriate to continue offer civility in a situation where the opposition clearly has no intent of gaming on the same level.

The situation with these muslims or their naive sympathizers is not one to be solved with reason or civility. They selectively take reason and logic to try and manipulate it for their own ends, just as anyone would do when they cannot stand legitimately on their own two feet. They always try to manipulate, engage in deflection and blame shifting, and trying to throw back shit they smeared on their own faces then pretend they are the most reasonable one in the room when in fact, anyone can see they are being cheeky and overtly defensive.

It's same as listening to 5 year old giving attitude and mouth. Treat it as such, and call out spade as spade.

As for the supposedly 'racially charged slur', no one is fooled from the fact that these oppositions are acting out of racially biased, anti-west and anti-european ethnic group slant and basically engaging in these 'discussions' with mind made up to slander them in any way possible. As a minority, this is painfully obvious the kind of childish attempts at deception they play.

Your civility, cranky4u, is only appreciated but unfortunately out of place in this type of 'debate'. They have no intention of debating - only trying to find different excuses to try and chip away/smear the other side because they already made up their minds to stand from a racially biased, and racist point of view.

Simply telling them they are being hypocritical and transparently biased with ulterior motive masquerading as 'argument' is more then enough to show anyone with half a brain exactly who is trying to be a bitch.

Interestingly, I do find civility or even Western based logic (steming from ancient Greece) to be often wasted on the debate about how Muslims treat others differently to how they in turn want to be treated.  This point, do unto others as you would have them do to you, is the key principle I am trying to engage in.

For through that one statement one generally draws a conclusion that Muslim countries, and large proportions of practitioners,  are intrinsicly discriminatory against any other religion including atheist. Yet they will not discuss the core question - Why should any non-Muslim country respect their right to practice their religion when they kill or imprison others for asking the same questions within countries of their religions origin (Muslim countries).

At the core of my concern is Islam gaining enough influence in any country so as to bring down the same religous cleansing there as they currently do in the vast majority of Islamic countries now. No law of state will stop them as they believe that Sharia law trumps all and what good is a legislative law when they rise up in arms and behead non-believers such as what happened in Britain only 2 years ago?

So back to my original question - Why should Muslims be protected in a country when they behead others in the majority Muslim countries? Seems double standards...

Honeypot

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

Interestingly, I do find civility or even Western based logic (steming from ancient Greece) to be often wasted on the debate about how Muslims treat others differently to how they in turn want to be treated.  This point, do unto others as you would have them do to you, is the key principle I am trying to engage in.

For through that one statement one generally draws a conclusion that Muslim countries, and large proportions of practitioners,  are intrinsicly discriminatory against any other religion including atheist. Yet they will not discuss the core question - Why should any non-Muslim country respect their right to practice their religion when they kill or imprison others for asking the same questions within countries of their religions origin (Muslim countries).

At the core of my concern is Islam gaining enough influence in any country so as to bring down the same religous cleansing there as they currently do in the vast majority of Islamic countries now. No law of state will stop them as they believe that Sharia law trumps all and what good is a legislative law when they rise up in arms and behead non-believers such as what happened in Britain only 2 years ago?

So back to my original question - Why should Muslims be protected in a country when they behead others in the majority Muslim countries? Seems double standards...

Their double standard and all their hypocrisy is nothing to be debated or justified, because that only gives manipulative rationale to their attitudes and actions. Racial attitude and racist bias drives these muslims and they deserve to be treated as such.

The only logical response is extermination.

The 'christians' of central africa had enough of muslim attitudes and began systematically paying them back 10 fold. As one of them said, 'muslims will be at peace when they learn some respect'.

This is the only knowledgeable way. Any other naive claptrap about trying to justify what they do or who they are is pathetic exercise in trying to hide behind 'logic' when in fact these piglets are trying to use that against other people.

It's obvious as hell what they are doing, especially to a minority like myself. People need to understand rational and logical society is a privilege when people are willing to actually discuss and abide by some common ground. It's not the end all be all, and just because someone seemingly makes a superficial 'rational' argument doesn't mean anything in terms of actually revealing their ulterior motives or dealing with them.

Remember what mongols did: Muslims dared act uppity and got impudent with them, and mongols virtually exterminated the middle east of that generation and impregnated their women with their seed. The mongrel remains that now compromise the middle east needs to be reminded of that lesson once again, this time by the whole world.

The ones trying to mess with the west or any one else by trying to do this amateur manipulating act needs to be raped, killed, and exterminated.

No other answer is rational. Rational doesn't mean taking the easy road or compromising what isn't even up for discussion. Any one who disrespects this is open season for other people.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:46:53 AM

I only hate those who cant understand that I dont believe in their shit.
I am tired of listening to people say things like "You will go to hell" or "You only pray to satan" and things alike..

It pisses me off.

Im atheist and thats it.

I respect peope who has believs, but dont try to convert me or tell me that I am the one who is wrong.
That is why I hate relegion in general.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:48:24 AM

I am tired of listening to people say things like "You will go to hell" or "You only pray to satan" and things alike..

It pisses me off.

Im atheist and thats it.

I respect peope who has believs, but dont try to convert me or tell me that I am the one who is wrong.

Me too and I really don't understand the need those guys have that others share their delusion! Is like if they feel that if nobody else believes in their imaginary friend they will look like plain retards or something,

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:47:35 PM

It pisses me off.

Im atheist and thats

When they condemn you by stating you're going to "hell", they are only exercising their constitutional rights to freedom of speech.

What's not a constitutional right, however, is when the religious are introducing laws that impede our rights. For example, when our youth is made to stand up and recite The Pledge, which consists of the words "Under God", when clearly, this is a violation of the rights of anybody who is not a Christian. We need to restore The Pledge by removing these phrases, and we desperately need to restore our constitution, and take it back from the conservatives who have plagued it.

Bonam

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

It pisses me off.

Im atheist and thats it.

I respect peope who has believs
, but dont try to convert me or tell me that I am the one who is wrong.

What is there to respect about having irrational superstitious beliefs?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:01:25 PM

It pisses me off.

Im atheist and thats it.

I respect peope who has believs
, but dont try to convert me or tell me that I am the one who is wrong.

What is there to respect about having irrational superstitious beliefs?

Historically, religions have existed in sort of a survival of the fittest mode.  The ones that have legs, likely have a few good points.  Maybe free kid care after school, maybe socializing parties, who knows.  And they do the new baby, marriage and death dances. 

Around here when school started there were signs are one church that there was going to be a big meeting Saturday and they were going to "Bless the Backpacks."

That for me is really bizarre. 

I don't know.

Maybe they can bless my crypto keys?  My dog?  My big screen TV?  How about my beer?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: